Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[SCAM]Renting property/room, Involve paypal and western Union

views

TStaitianhin
post Jul 19 2018, 12:44 PM

This is
1,322 posts

QUOTE(voc888 @ Jul 17 2018, 08:33 PM)
Me too, got angmoh claiming he will pay annual rental for one full year via PayPal. But his passport is with working visa with an Malaysian company leh ? Dunno genuine boh ?
Until he pay in full, nothing is geniune. If you do not has paypal account, he will force you to create one...
btw, i remember paypal can reverse transaction
reez_haris
post Oct 28 2018, 11:31 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

Now the scammer is a USA citizen, wanted to rent my property going by the name Michael Batista. LOLZ!

[28/10, 05:53] Micheal Batista: Hello am interested in renting your posted App/House in mudah.my,Do you still have it for rent?
[28/10, 06:57] Micheal Batista: Okay,am Michael Batista am interested to rent your posted apartment and i am at sea at the moment as i am a Coastguard Agency

employee in U.S.A but i got transfer to work and study part time Over there(Malaysia) but due to the nature of my work, phone

calls making and visiting of website are restricted. I only squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an text regarding

this.i am ready to rent it asap so tell me how much is the rent per month and how much deposit?"
TStaitianhin
post Oct 29 2018, 09:35 AM

This is
1,322 posts

I guess ....paypal again?
reez_haris
post Oct 29 2018, 10:25 AM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(taitianhin @ Oct 29 2018, 09:35 AM)
I guess ....paypal again?
Yes paypal again.
Dude Oni Kabuto
post Oct 29 2018, 12:54 PM

Devout Practitioner of Alcoholism
842 posts

When in doubt always confirm the landlord name/s with the building management. Most of these scammers rent homestays/airbnb to scam
jasmin84
post Jan 26 2019, 03:35 PM

3 posts

user posted image

user posted image

I received the same! Please be aware!
Artak
post Mar 1 2019, 12:17 AM

Getting Started
51 posts

QUOTE(taitianhin @ Sep 21 2017, 07:54 PM)
Long story cut short
1st
It all started with iBilik mailer
"I am ready to rent your room listed on the site, so send me the address/foto and total cost directly to my email ( devinegrace006@gmail.com)"

- I send back some detail and ask for her source of income, as the email seems to be coming from no where

2nd reply
Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me. I am Li XiaoJie, 35 years old, a simple, cool and non-smoker lady. I am willing to rent the unit. I am at sea at the moment as i am an employee at US Coast Guard Marine Inspection Detachment Singapore, but i was Born and brought up in Hebei, China. I will be living and working down there but due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted. I only squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding this. I am ready to rent it asap, I will like you to kindly calculate the total cost covering my first 6 months’ rent together with deposit and I will be staying for long as your room is available. I will also like you to kindly get back to me with some pictures of the room and your address for me to forward it to my mover agent to calculate the total cost of moving my stuffs over there. I have attached my photo with this email for you to have a view of me. Looking forward to read back from you soon.
Regards

"well there is a picture of Singapore ID card of the named person"

- I send a rough address to "them" to clarify my address in Malaysia which seems to be odd for the request to stay at the rented area, which is Puchong.
- And some information of the room detail + $ needed

3rd reply
Hello,
Thanks for the details. I prefer rm420. I would have loved to see and meet you in person also but Due to the nature of my work, i won't be able to come down until i have the accommodation settled and ready. I am very social person that respect humanity and this make it so easy for me to get along with whoever that comes my way in life, I will be securing the room by transferring the rent to you through PayPal and if you do not have a paypal account kindly set up an account with them in less than 5 minutes on www.paypal.com.  I would have requested for your bank details but for the safety of you and i with giving bank details online, I prefer going through PayPal. I will be so happy to secure the room as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal money request. All you need to do is to log into your PayPal and click request money, you will then send the money request of total 6 months rent + deposit to my email address for me to transfer the money and if you have a PayPal account kindly get back to me with your PayPal email and PayPal name. I will like to pay in advance through PayPal and my reason is that, I will be presenting the proof of my rent payment to my employer for verification before i leave here. Awaiting to read from you as soon as possible.
Kind regard.

- I made some google search, it seems they would ask for the mover agent to move her things over. And the mover agent will made request for payment via Western Union. And therefore I will need to help them to clear the payment ...

Detail can be found on other sos...

sos 1
Sos 2

For those who is not interested...just go for the picture for drill...Gamxia
dude. for future reference, when u see all the details without being asked, and a long ass scripts, thats a scam lol
ghoss
post Mar 3 2019, 10:02 AM

Enthusiast
957 posts

Basically same thing but different style. They will give you extra money + mover's money and ask you to pay the mover's.

You guys can watch how. This guy uncovered their operations and try to change the scammer life by giving him a honest job.

seikoho1
post Mar 3 2019, 12:47 PM

Getting Started
284 posts

Guys, pls stop reply once see PayPal words...
myself379
post Nov 25 2019, 06:50 PM

Paamayim Nekudotayim
536 posts

Hi all notworthy.gif

Encounter the same situation, I'll post here for the reference to any future people.

In any case, don't judge a book by its cover, understand the situation instead.

I know is low chances to have genuine people but we've done our part ady sweat.gif

Being too kind will do us no good also.

email of user: myglory006@gmail.com

Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me. I am Xin, 29 years old, a simple, cool and non-smoker lady. I want the small room. I am at the sea at the moment as i'm a  coastguard agency employee in Singapore, but i was Born and brought up in Hebei, China. I got transfer to be working and study part time down there but due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted. I only squeezed out time to check this advert and send you message regarding this. I am ready to rent it asap, I will like you to kindly calculate the total cost i have to pay per months’ rent together with deposit. I will be staying for long as your room is available. I will also like you to kindly get back to me with more pictures and the full address for me to forward it to my mover agent to calculate the total cost of moving my stuffs over there. I have attached my international passport with this email for you to have a view of me. Looking forward to read back from you soon.
Regards.

Attached Image

Heyyy, I got exact girl also haha

QUOTE(jasmin84 @ Jan 26 2019, 03:35 PM)
user posted image

user posted image

I received the same!  Please be aware!
woodentiger86
post Nov 26 2019, 11:13 AM

Budding DIY Detailer & Avid Gamer
2,414 posts

Thanks for sharing the modus operandi bro.

Hopefully able to teach others as well before they fall victim.

A bit phobia with Western Union already.. So far Paypal scams I haven't kena but better be safe than sorry.
Newsray
post Nov 26 2019, 03:12 PM

Regular
1,022 posts

How paypal scam work?

Since you are renting out the room, you lose nothing if the transaction reversed or cancel?

Well, maybe your time loss.

They cant take away your house/rooms, can they?

TStaitianhin
post Dec 6 2019, 01:18 AM

This is
1,322 posts

QUOTE(Newsray @ Nov 26 2019, 03:12 PM)
How paypal scam work?

Since you are renting out the room, you lose nothing if the transaction reversed or cancel?

Well, maybe your time loss.

They cant take away your house/rooms, can they?
pretty much same as below i guess....
- I made some google search, it seems they would ask for the mover agent to move her things over. And the mover agent will made request for payment via Western Union. And therefore I will need to help them to clear the payment ...

DO put in info if yo got any
bristlebb
post Dec 6 2019, 11:12 AM

On my way
546 posts

lol ayam got that msg also, but ayam suspect dat was a nigga
KennyKB
post Dec 6 2019, 11:30 AM

Regular
1,762 posts

If they give a lot of details which are not necessary and you never asked for it is likely to be a scam so be extra careful.

Also be wary of unnecessary procedures which involve you paying out money. The renter could easily transfer money direct to the mover so why transfer the moving cost to you and ask you to pay the mover? Why would he trust a stranger? Only reason is to scam you.

This post has been edited by KennyKB: Dec 6 2019, 01:44 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:05 AM