views

TStaitianhin
post Sep 21 2017, 03:54 PM, updated 5y ago

This is
1,322 posts

Long story cut short
1st
It all started with iBilik mailer
"I am ready to rent your room listed on the site, so send me the address/foto and total cost directly to my email ( devinegrace006@gmail.com)"

- I send back some detail and ask for her source of income, as the email seems to be coming from no where

2nd reply
Hello,
Thanks for getting back to me. I am Li XiaoJie, 35 years old, a simple, cool and non-smoker lady. I am willing to rent the unit. I am at sea at the moment as i am an employee at US Coast Guard Marine Inspection Detachment Singapore, but i was Born and brought up in Hebei, China. I will be living and working down there but due to the nature of my work, phone calls making and visiting of website are restricted. I only squeezed out time to check this advert and send you an email regarding this. I am ready to rent it asap, I will like you to kindly calculate the total cost covering my first 6 monthsโ€™ rent together with deposit and I will be staying for long as your room is available. I will also like you to kindly get back to me with some pictures of the room and your address for me to forward it to my mover agent to calculate the total cost of moving my stuffs over there. I have attached my photo with this email for you to have a view of me. Looking forward to read back from you soon.
Regards

"well there is a picture of Singapore ID card of the named person"

- I send a rough address to "them" to clarify my address in Malaysia which seems to be odd for the request to stay at the rented area, which is Puchong.
- And some information of the room detail + $ needed

3rd reply
Hello,
Thanks for the details. I prefer rm420. I would have loved to see and meet you in person also but Due to the nature of my work, i won't be able to come down until i have the accommodation settled and ready. I am very social person that respect humanity and this make it so easy for me to get along with whoever that comes my way in life, I will be securing the room by transferring the rent to you through PayPal and if you do not have a paypal account kindly set up an account with them in less than 5 minutes on www.paypal.com. I would have requested for your bank details but for the safety of you and i with giving bank details online, I prefer going through PayPal. I will be so happy to secure the room as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal money request. All you need to do is to log into your PayPal and click request money, you will then send the money request of total 6 months rent + deposit to my email address for me to transfer the money and if you have a PayPal account kindly get back to me with your PayPal email and PayPal name. I will like to pay in advance through PayPal and my reason is that, I will be presenting the proof of my rent payment to my employer for verification before i leave here. Awaiting to read from you as soon as possible.
Kind regard.

- I made some google search, it seems they would ask for the mover agent to move her things over. And the mover agent will made request for payment via Western Union. And therefore I will need to help them to clear the payment ...

Detail can be found on other sos...

sos 1
Sos 2

For those who is not interested...just go for the picture for drill...Gamxia

This post has been edited by taitianhin: Sep 21 2017, 04:11 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
yeeck
post Sep 21 2017, 04:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,466 posts

I encountered similar story myself but with a different Chinese lady's ID lol...the fishy part comes when they claimed to have paid via Paypal and send an email purportedly from Paypal although the address stated wasn't from Paypal....stupid...lol.
YoungMan
post Sep 21 2017, 07:16 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,391 posts

If they pay you, they will transfer money to you from PayPal as gift, and then later claim fraud. So in the end PayPal tahan your account, and you get nothing.
Never deal with this kind of person, ask to sign agreement face to face if really sincere to rent.
taiping...
post Sep 22 2017, 02:14 PM

Regular
1,056 posts

I had a similar case too. Was selling a car. They claim tat paypal will charge a fee for the money to be transferred
zero5177
post Sep 24 2017, 12:52 AM

Sixth Sense Unlocked
1,357 posts

They never change their template since n years ago doh.gif , but mine was versi angmoh
requad
post Jun 13 2018, 07:50 PM

37 posts

A simple Google lead me to here. Looks like they become Indian now with passport photo as well. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
requad
post Jun 13 2018, 07:55 PM

37 posts

Hello,
Many thanks for getting back to me again. I am very social person that respect humanity and this make it so easy for me to get along with whoever that comes my way in life. I am arriving on 21st of June and start working in Malaysia. I will be securing the room by transferring the rent to you through PayPal and if you do not have a paypal account kindly set up an account with them in less than 5 minutes on www.paypal.com. I would have requested for your bank details but it might be unsafe to give bank details online, I prefer going through PayPal. I will be so happy to secure the room as soon as you get back to me with the PayPal money request. All you need to do is to log into your PayPal and click request money, you will then send the money request of total 3 months rent to my email address for me to transfer the money. I will like to pay in advance through PayPal and my reason is that, I will be presenting the proof of my rent payment to my employer and also to the immigration at the port of entry into Singapore.
Cheers
Kalai
requad
post Jun 14 2018, 09:08 AM

37 posts

I know it's nikka, just that now they change their identity to indian

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TStaitianhin
post Jun 14 2018, 04:53 PM

This is
1,322 posts

Bravo....lol...
I got another request who want to buy my car at my posted Price....and never ask for discount
I sell my car and posted in KL. Somehow he say he is in a place where there is no Internet access, somewhere in Ipoh. And he will arrange a person to come pickup my car.
The buyer insist to pay me on my Paypal account and demand me to register paypal account if I do not have one yet.
I guess same tactic will be use too

Kedekut
post Jun 14 2018, 07:08 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

Alot of ppl chargeback using paypal, some because kena scammed, some because scammed ppl instead.

Even western union also can scam, they can cancel payment if you didnt collect the payment immediately.
seikoho1
post Jun 17 2018, 10:05 PM

Getting Started
284 posts

Only stupid ppl read long wall posts and believe it..with pay pal haha
boonhan
post Jun 18 2018, 02:28 AM

Reader
1,919 posts

QUOTE(Kedekut @ Jun 14 2018, 07:08 PM)
Alot of ppl chargeback using paypal, some because kena scammed, some because scammed ppl instead.

Even western union also can scam, they can cancel payment if you didnt collect the payment immediately.
so if encounter paypal payment method? the safest way is to wait until confirmed withdrawal to bank account?
then if insist on payment, turnaround ask to wait for days lo.
Kedekut
post Jun 18 2018, 02:36 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(boonhan @ Jun 18 2018, 02:28 AM)
so if encounter paypal payment method? the safest way is to wait until confirmed withdrawal to bank account?
then if insist on payment, turnaround ask to wait for days lo.
Let me know what happen after that. hmm.gif

This post has been edited by Kedekut: Jun 18 2018, 03:35 AM
beetch
post Jun 19 2018, 09:18 AM

Casual
413 posts

Any setorey why change to indian lady?

Looks like gudding reado
Baconateer
post Jun 19 2018, 09:21 AM

Meh..... (TM)
4,874 posts

QUOTE(taitianhin @ Jun 14 2018, 04:53 PM)
Bravo....lol...
I got another request who want to buy my car at my posted Price....and never ask for discount
I sell my car and posted in KL. Somehow he say he is in a place where there is no Internet access, somewhere in Ipoh. And he will arrange a person to come pickup my car.
The buyer insist to pay me on my Paypal account and demand me to register paypal account if I do not have one yet.
I guess same tactic will be use too
ipoh no internet access? bullshit kao kao..
TStaitianhin
post Jun 19 2018, 03:35 PM

This is
1,322 posts

QUOTE(Baconateer @ Jun 19 2018, 09:21 AM)
ipoh no internet access? bullshit kao kao..
Forgot to mention the obvious part...
HE MENTION HAS NO INTERNET ACCESS
SOMEHOW HE WHATSAPP ME....

I was like
---- _ -----|||

This post has been edited by taitianhin: Jun 19 2018, 03:35 PM
Baconateer
post Jun 19 2018, 03:51 PM

Meh..... (TM)
4,874 posts

QUOTE(taitianhin @ Jun 19 2018, 03:35 PM)
Forgot to mention the obvious part...
HE MENTION HAS NO INTERNET ACCESS
SOMEHOW HE WHATSAPP ME....

I was like   
---- _ -----|||
u should have ask him how he can use whatsapp... lol
SUSempatTan
post Jun 20 2018, 08:00 PM

Regular
1,678 posts

Yup, I got some angmoh...
voc888
post Jul 17 2018, 08:33 PM

40 posts

QUOTE(empatTan @ Jun 20 2018, 08:00 PM)
Yup, I got some angmoh...
Me too, got angmoh claiming he will pay annual rental for one full year via PayPal. But his passport is with working visa with an Malaysian company leh ? Dunno genuine boh ๏ผŸ
yeezai
post Jul 17 2018, 11:08 PM

-using no way as way-having no limitation as limitation-
2,531 posts

Sohai work very hard to scam pipu nowadays lol

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0188sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:45 PM