views

jameslow
post Nov 21 2017, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(alphaz @ Nov 8 2017, 09:26 AM)
My friend selling 2011 GTI Mk6 for 85k good price or not
Market is around this price.

QUOTE(DigitalMop @ Nov 8 2017, 11:20 AM)
is your friend getting the new FK8?  brows.gif  since he is selling his GTi im sure he is getting this or the r35 if not mistaken
He got the GLC200 due to family size growing.

QUOTE(DigitalMop @ Nov 8 2017, 11:23 AM)
btw if u into tuning n modding you GTi, look no further. got 1 guy called Ming , he mod his Gti to 400++hp if not mistaken. check him out
400++hp should be stage 3.x or stage 4, a lot of parts to upgrade, I'm at stage 2, so far happy with it.
jameslow
post Nov 21 2017, 10:12 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(SpiderMon68 @ Nov 8 2017, 12:49 PM)
Last year I got Michelin PS4s (225/18) and I just enjoy the car so much. My wife calls it a Fire Breathing Dragon and compared to her Honda Jazz, the GTI feels alive.

I also have a similar upgrade list like yours - better Brembo brakes, downpipes for a more throaty sound, body wrap. But am sending my kids thru uni and school so my wish list is on back burner for now. Early this year someone rammed into my rear and thank God it's a german-made car.

In short - it's a great buy, fun like hell (esp turbo farts) and can mod it kaw2 to your delight.
Afaik Michelin PS4S is available in 19 above, yours should be PS4.

I'm using 3" dp, catless and milltek system, the pop fart really satisfying.

QUOTE(hengmy @ Nov 15 2017, 12:47 AM)
i am driving a 2012 se version, stage 2, original ap 6 pot, downpipe, exhaust, intake, rear roll bar.

beside of high power, it also have high quality interior, definitely a good buy for 80-100k.

now i am thinking should i sell it for an a45~
Go for it if you can afford, 45 series is my next car once my Vellfire fully paid off.

QUOTE(SpiderMon68 @ Nov 21 2017, 01:38 PM)
Just drove a '09 Porsche Cayman S (3400cc) and to my surprise it felt sluggish at low RPM and the oh-so-famous balanced handling wasnt all that wonderful. Maybe my expectations were wrong but when I went behind the wheels of my stock GTI - oh yeah baby, seems like more 'fun'. Already clocked 150k kms on it and going strong.
I agree with you, I've tested my friend's Porsche 997, maybe due to NA, that's why didn't brought me any excitement too.
SpiderMon68
post Nov 24 2017, 04:36 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(jameslow @ Nov 21 2017, 10:12 PM)
I'm using 3" dp, catless and milltek system, the pop fart really satisfying.
Who did your DP plumbing work for you Bro? I just dont trust some or most of the mechanics in town unless they know their stuff. Seems like you're a happy customer. Any recommendation would greatly be appreciated.

jameslow
post Nov 24 2017, 05:08 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(SpiderMon68 @ Nov 24 2017, 04:36 PM)
Who did your DP plumbing work for you Bro? I just dont trust some or most of the mechanics in town unless they know their stuff. Seems like you're a happy customer. Any recommendation would greatly be appreciated.
Can be done in Kent Exhaust Sunway, behind CT Motorsport Sunway, cheaper workmanship, boss is Kent, worker is bangla.

Or, professional service by Everco Sunway, more costly.
SpiderMon68
post Nov 24 2017, 10:14 PM

Getting Started
77 posts

QUOTE(jameslow @ Nov 24 2017, 05:08 PM)
Can be done in Kent Exhaust Sunway, behind CT Motorsport Sunway, cheaper workmanship, boss is Kent, worker is bangla.

Or, professional service by Everco Sunway, more costly.
Much appreciated thumbsup.gif
shawnloong
post Sep 10 2018, 06:20 PM

Getting Started
184 posts

Guys, sorry tumpang thread...

Planning to take over my family's Golf TSI 2012 (with sunroof & 17in tires) and only 50k clocked in, so far touch wood no issues with the gearbox, DSG etc. just minor replacement to the usual wear and tear items like fan, ignition coil etc. - very good condition car.

My question is, now that is after warranty.. should I take over it or just sell? Do you think the engine/gearbox can last say another 5 years of usage without any issue?

My fear is that maybe after this, the usual big problems associated with this model will start coming up.

What would you do in my shoes?
Jason
post Sep 12 2018, 01:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(shawnloong @ Sep 10 2018, 06:20 PM)
Guys, sorry tumpang thread...

Planning to take over my family's Golf TSI 2012 (with sunroof & 17in tires) and only 50k clocked in, so far touch wood no issues with the gearbox, DSG etc. just minor replacement to the usual wear and tear items like fan, ignition coil etc. - very good condition car.

My question is, now that is after warranty.. should I take over it or just sell? Do you think the engine/gearbox can last say another 5 years of usage without any issue?

My fear is that maybe after this, the usual big problems associated with this model will start coming up.

What would you do in my shoes?
Your car should still be under VW goodwill warranty until 2019. If I were you I would drive it now and try to sell it.

If you sell in a hurry you’ll lose a lot as used car dealers not keen on VW. Try and sell to direct buyers, and since still under warranty, if no warranty even harder to sell.

The DSG is a ticking time bomb, i would get rid of it and buy a X70 or a Myvi.
alpha_mid
post Sep 20 2018, 10:59 AM

Casual
417 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Sep 12 2018, 01:56 PM)
Your car should still be under VW goodwill warranty until 2019. If I were you I would drive it now and try to sell it.

If you sell in a hurry you’ll lose a lot as used car dealers not keen on VW. Try and sell to direct buyers, and since still under warranty, if no warranty even harder to sell.

The DSG is a ticking time bomb, i would get rid of it and buy a X70 or a Myvi.
u meant for both wet & dry clutch in DSG ticking bomb ?
Jason
post Sep 20 2018, 01:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(alpha_mid @ Sep 20 2018, 10:59 AM)
u meant for both wet & dry clutch in DSG ticking bomb ?
He’s talking about his 2012 Golf TSI... I was referring to that.
alpha_mid
post Sep 22 2018, 11:28 PM

Casual
417 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Sep 20 2018, 01:27 PM)
He’s talking about his 2012 Golf TSI... I was referring to that.
ic, coz now i was also wondering to sell my wife myvi & change to mk6/7.. the 2nd price now is tempting hmm.gif
Jason
post Sep 23 2018, 12:26 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,846 posts

QUOTE(alpha_mid @ Sep 22 2018, 11:28 PM)
ic, coz now i was also wondering to sell my wife myvi & change to mk6/7.. the 2nd price now is tempting  hmm.gif
Your myvi should be reliable, probably never have to spend more than a day in the workshop. Cheap to fix, easy to get parts — like they have ready stock for all parts. ALL.

The VW is complete opposite of that. The more common stuff they may have ready parts, but I don’t think ALL parts are ready stock. Not to mention changing the clutch of mechatronic is not a day job, under warranty it’ll probably take 3 days.

Money aside, are you ready to take up the hassle?

GTi will not have transmissions issues like the 7 speed DSG models. Mk7 GTi over the Mk6. The difference is worth the price. It’s an amazing car. If you have a secondary car at home and mentally prepared, go for it.
alpha_mid
post Sep 24 2018, 09:25 AM

Casual
417 posts

QUOTE(Jason @ Sep 23 2018, 12:26 AM)
Your myvi should be reliable, probably never have to spend more than a day in the workshop. Cheap to fix, easy to get parts — like they have ready stock for all parts. ALL.

The VW is complete opposite of that. The more common stuff they may have ready parts, but I don’t think ALL parts are ready stock. Not to mention changing the clutch of mechatronic is not a day job, under warranty it’ll probably take 3 days.

Money aside, are you ready to take up the hassle?

GTi will not have transmissions issues like the 7 speed DSG models. Mk7 GTi over the Mk6. The difference is worth the price. It’s an amazing car. If you have a secondary car at home and mentally prepared, go for it.
love ur reply Jason, help me to decide nay or yay... no wonder the price drop cheaper then myvi haha !
AyamBannedTwice
post Dec 1 2018, 05:02 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

This post has been edited by AyamBannedTwice: Dec 1 2018, 07:45 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:25 PM