Phone SMS bill, SMS bill increase without reason

views

TSDespiration
post Sep 19 2017, 11:44 PM, updated 7y ago

3 posts

Hi , first of all this is what i am using

Iphone 5S (most updated)
RedONE plane RM30

Okay , so this is my problem , my phone's sms bill have been weirdly increasing even though i did not send any SMS for the past few month .
At first i thought it might be my mistake that i accidently replied to some random advertisement SMS . So i did a reset on my phone just to clean those mail off.
I thought that the problem will be solve because i do not reply to any of those mail , but it still constantly charging the price .

I go to the invoice and check the bill breakdown , and found out that my number have send tons of OffNet SMS , like 100 of them and sometimes went up to 200++
Each of the SMS charge me RM0.10 which result in a RM10-20 extra each month .

I've become frustrated and call the RedONE support line , the result is that they say maybe is the SIM Card problem or my phone problem .
I once again erase all content and reset it , update the phone and change the SIM card . After all this hassle , the charging stopped for few days and i am happy because this problem has finally ended , or so i thought , today it's charging again .

I've read that the Offnet sms is where you send SMS to another service provider that is different to my service provider , my phone do not have a slight record of i send any SMS to anyone .

Anyone encounter this problem before and might give a lending hand .

I am not really active on the forum and just for the sake of this , i've come to here.

Anyone that might be able to help please drop a comment or contact me thru whatsapp , thank you .

PH : 0183876282
bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif bangwall.gif
alexchew_2020
post Sep 19 2017, 11:52 PM

MOD
3,363 posts

change or port to others telco...

random sms charges mostly u have to call customer service ask them check and terminate any services that had u subscribed accidentally.

reset phone or change sim wont help anything. unless change new numbers.

TSDespiration
post Sep 20 2017, 12:08 AM

3 posts

Hmmm , change phone number might be a good idea then , still in contract can't change service , anyways thanks for the info
adiwarna
post Sep 20 2017, 06:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,669 posts

QUOTE(Despiration @ Sep 20 2017, 12:08 AM)
Hmmm , change phone number might be a good idea then , still in contract can't change service , anyways thanks for the info
Can port out but need to pay penalty
kit2
post Sep 20 2017, 07:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,128 posts

QUOTE(Despiration @ Sep 19 2017, 11:44 PM)
Hi , first of all this is what i am using

Iphone 5S (most updated)
RedONE plane RM30

Okay , so this is my problem , my phone's sms bill have been weirdly increasing even though i did not send any SMS for the past few month .
At first  i thought it might be my mistake that i accidently replied to some random advertisement SMS . So i did a reset on my phone just to clean those mail off.
I thought that the problem will be solve because i do not reply to any of those mail , but it still constantly charging the price .

I go to the invoice and check the bill breakdown , and found out that my number have send tons of OffNet SMS , like 100 of them and sometimes went up to 200++

I've become frustrated and call the RedONE support line , the result is that they say maybe is the SIM Card problem or my phone problem .
I once again erase all content and reset it , update the phone and change the SIM card . After all this hassle , the charging stopped for few days and i am happy because this problem has finally ended , or so i thought , today it's charging again .

I've read that the Offnet sms is where you send SMS to another service provider that is different to my service provider , my phone do not have a slight record of i send any SMS to anyone .

Anyone encounter this problem before and might give a lending hand .

I am not really active on the forum and just for the sake of this , i've come to here.

Anyone that might be able to help please drop a comment or contact me thru whatsapp , thank you .

PH : 0183876282
bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif  bangwall.gif
jailbroken iphone? rogue apps?

fat16
post Sep 20 2017, 08:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,582 posts

QUOTE(Despiration @ Sep 19 2017, 11:44 PM)
10 sen per SMS sound like normal number.
it that the same number ?
The problem is default SMS app dont have record sending SMS. It must be some ghost app do that.

Do u need SMS ? Easy solution is change redone SMS gateway number to invalid one
UN1T3D
post Sep 20 2017, 09:24 AM

Enthusiast
816 posts

QUOTE(fat16 @ Sep 20 2017, 08:28 AM)
Do u need SMS ? Easy solution is change redone SMS gateway number to invalid one
Hmmm .....

This is a +1 good idea .....

thumbsup.gif

YoungMan
post Sep 20 2017, 02:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,393 posts

turn off iMessage if you don't use.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0138sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:25 AM