Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Is Linux Community Really Dead In Malaysia Nowaday, Wow.. can't find a decent one

Buffalo Soldier
post Sep 27 2017, 11:10 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(petirbuas @ Sep 18 2017, 02:54 PM)
Sadly, you're right. Local chapter are not as active as back then.

If you're looking for Linux "gang",
Look for TRUNASUCI and his comrades. They're actively evangelizing Linux and general open source software.

By the way, he's not well lately. So maybe just look for his FB circle
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4351663/all
Brother trunasuci suffered stroke attack a few months back i think. He is now recuperating at his hometown. People closer to him maybe can help verify this.
iCare
post Sep 27 2017, 11:37 PM

All went to Arch or Manjaro community and hide there.
petirbuas
post Sep 28 2017, 06:38 AM

( 。◕ ‿‿ ◕。)
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Buffalo Soldier @ Sep 27 2017, 11:10 PM)
Brother trunasuci suffered stroke attack a few months back i think. He is now recuperating at his hometown. People closer to him maybe can help verify this.
Yup. That is right.
I'm friend with him on FB.
goldfries
post Sep 29 2017, 03:45 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Group: Forum Admin

Would a community be better if it's distro based?
Lord Tiki Mick
post Sep 29 2017, 08:40 PM

Enthusiast

Is there any interesting news about Linux? The last interesting one for me was Wayland. Now not sure...
lpc26
post Sep 30 2017, 08:27 PM

Getting Started

Linux all sendiri jalan de... hardly see ppl sharing one...
alien3d
post Oct 3 2017, 12:22 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(petirbuas @ Sep 18 2017, 02:54 PM)
Sadly, you're right. Local chapter are not as active as back then.

If you're looking for Linux "gang",
Look for TRUNASUCI and his comrades. They're actively evangelizing Linux and general open source software.

By the way, he's not well lately. So maybe just look for his FB circle
https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4351663/all
what.. i just read.. kinda shock also.. sweat.gif
Hao Ren
post Oct 4 2017, 11:52 AM

Getting Started

See, there are people here are wondering the same like me - what happen to the oldies.

QUOTE(RNM @ Sep 23 2017, 09:32 PM)
Sebab tak pernah wujud lagi komuniti oss bawah satu bumbung sejak dlu..

yang wujud sejak dahulu ialah sekumpulan fanatik dalam sesuatu pilihan :
- mydebian
- ubuntu loco
- myBSD
- etc

which.. perkara ni normal. Klau peminat dah takde atau yang aktif tu dah tak aktif, maka senyaplah group tu dari segala aktiviti.. klu kena nasib, pupus terus.

Klu nak buat bengkel, buat je.. unix / like-unix users ni pun akan datang dengan sendiri nya.. Tengok lah kau target siapa, klu otai..payah la. klu student atau person yang ada interest tapi tak de cikgu... kelompok orang mcmni senang dapat.. terutama area bandar / univ

so, buat je! Nanti ada la yang minat.. kalau hambar, jgn gelabah.. rileks je. sasar kan kat tempat dan kelompok yang sesuai.. time pun penting, wat time cuti / weekend la biasa sesuai
Thanks bro! Will keep that in mind. Currently I'm just doing it live, cuz I don't have proper syllabus so I'll just do a small case study for now to see what's those newbs usually ask and see if I can do the same for students.

QUOTE(petirbuas @ Sep 23 2017, 10:03 PM)
Yeah I know. Hence the "fb circle" part.
I think still got harisfazilah n the gang
I know Haris, I used to work with him at Abyres. He's not there anymore ?

How is terunasuci now? Is he okay?

I'm reviving Arch and Red Hat families. The fire nation returns
kanasai9
post Nov 2 2017, 11:00 PM

QUOTE(Hao Ren @ Sep 18 2017, 12:39 PM)
I've been looking for one, but all almost dead. Lowyat forum is just among a few that still barely alive. I remember back then we used to have lot of activities, parties, gathering, launch whatever, so many mirrors and people willing to contribute with helping others, and we even have a couple of our own linux distro build from scratch.

I'm planning to make a simple mini linux bengkel to re-introduce back Linux to the public, so that people would aware there's more than JUST Windows out there. Trying to get rid of the fear feeling towards linux. I had GMI contacted me if I wanted to use their place, anyone can join for the sake of the community.
That being said, I also would like to know if anyone knows the community for Fedora, Redhat family for example that still active in Malaysia.
How about a Facebook group of Malaysia Linux user,regardlss of which distro and skill level,we start it there,and we'll definitely going further.
1kokies
post Nov 4 2017, 04:40 AM

Casual

good idea to activate, many Linux users i think they just don't post here, perhaps community focusing on server OS is more relevant, i have a variant of freeBSD
Kadaj
post Nov 18 2017, 11:42 AM

Getting Started

Back in 10 years ago I received the Ubuntu CD from Canonical. It was a pain to make the OS running without any problems, sometimes the pulse audio doesn't work and sometimes the GUI crashed.. I have to look for solution on the internet to solve the bugs..

But I think since 16.04 LTS (or maybe earlier 12.04 LTS), everything is mature enough no need to solve any error. So less talking about OS side, but more tended towards internet side, eg. security & privacy.

Plus, new generations are more focus on mobile OS like Android & iOS.

So I think these two reasons lead to Linux topic colder than before on the end users side.
However..,:

It took 19 years, but Linux finally dominates an entire market
Open source OS takes all 500 spots in latest supercomputer list
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3...n-entire-market

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0594sec    3.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd November 2017 - 01:35 AM