Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> "You don’t speak Chinese? There's something wrong, with you"

LamTin
post Sep 15 2017, 04:25 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(p4n6 @ Sep 15 2017, 03:11 PM)
Chinese descent in Thailand is Chinese Thai.
Chinese descent in Vietnam is Chinese Vietnamese.
Chinese descent in Malaysia is Chinese Malaysian.
Chinese descent in US is Chinese American.

As I mentioned, in other countries Chinese blends into the culture and local national education making their mother tongue also their national language.

In Malaysia, most chinese speak in own dialect as their mother tongue and speak crappy national language, which is in reverse of chinese in other countries.

We are just weird in our own way ...
Although their countries have chinese descent but they are not multi racial like us. Example chinese vietnamese that u mean will still know vietnamese chinese thai will still know thai.

But if u as malaysian chinese that duno chinese in malaysia, the other malaysian chinese(especially older chinese folks) will look very weird on you. Hope u understand. Cheers..

pgsiemkia
post Sep 15 2017, 04:35 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(jumpercable @ Sep 15 2017, 12:32 PM)
Maybe, but I base on what my parents and grandparents told me (as I'm too young to know) that Ancient China-many languages. It would be wrong to say that Mandarin is their only language. Mandarin was imposed much later under Communist rule to unify.
Yes, Mandarin was one of the many dialects in China, most immigrants who went to US and even Malaya were a mixed of coolies who did not speak the royal court language among themselves. Mandarin was the main language to unify China by Shih Huang Tee, (learnt this in school a long time ago, doubt if this still taught in schools under amno rule now.) The communist united the peasants and adopted the Mandarin dialect as it was easier to communicate.

jumpercable
post Sep 15 2017, 05:13 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(pgsiemkia @ Sep 15 2017, 04:35 PM)
Yes, Mandarin was one of the many dialects in China, most immigrants who went to US and even Malaya were a mixed of coolies who did not speak the royal court language among themselves. Mandarin was the main language to unify China by Shih Huang Tee, (learnt this in school a long time ago, doubt if this still taught in schools under amno rule now.) The communist united the peasants and adopted the Mandarin dialect as it was easier to communicate.
Wah you still remember that. My history all give back to schoolteacher already
SushiBurgerX
post Sep 15 2017, 05:20 PM

Casual

QUOTE(+3kk! @ Sep 15 2017, 09:58 AM)
linguist nazis, lol if msians cant fight over race (chinese to chinese) then we fight about who is more of a race in the race (im more chinese/malay than u)

i find that people who do this are no better than jamal gang and their red shirt antics, after all they have been fighting to be the most malay out of the malays.

likewise i find that in a multiracial country and in a globalised age, theres no excuse to not know a few languages.
Exactly.

Coup De Grace You are sohai. Understand my dialect?
quintessential
post Sep 28 2017, 08:35 PM

england is my city
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(damonlbs @ Sep 13 2017, 03:08 PM)
cultural marxism, this is what happen when feminist have power

same thing in Europe n USA

“He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past.”
it's not fair to blame on women just because chai ing wen is a president. kuomintang's current leader is female also.

initially, democratic progressive party foundation is opposition to kuomintang authoritarian rule, until taiwan independence movement hijacked dpp. famous taiwanese dissidents, shih ming teh and hsu hsin liang left dpp and no longer aligned with pan green movement because it's too extreme.

thank god, hakka and aboriginal are important swing voters since they tend to vote for kuomintang/james soong pfp and will keep taiwan independence movement in check.

QUOTE(mirage2000 @ Sep 13 2017, 04:53 PM)
Get rid of China culture not chinese culture

Authentic chinese culture still exist in Taiwan thanks to the hakkas
cultural marxism is happening in taiwan since lee deng hui. they will do anything to forget chinese roots in them.

imagine if taiwan declare independence from roc, hakka/mainlanders/aborigines will be treated as second class citizen. vmad.gif vmad.gif

This post has been edited by quintessential: Sep 28 2017, 08:37 PM
damonlbs
post Sep 28 2017, 08:38 PM

Casual

QUOTE(quintessential @ Sep 28 2017, 08:35 PM)
it's not fair to blame on women just because chai ing wen is a president. kuomintang's current leader is female also.

initially, democratic progressive party foundation is opposition to kuomintang authoritarian rule, until taiwan independence movement hijacked dpp. famous taiwanese dissidents, shih ming teh and hsu hsin liang left dpp and no longer aligned with pan green movement because it's too extreme.
cultural marxism is happening in taiwan since lee deng hui. they will do anything to forget chinese roots in them.

imagine if taiwan declare independence from roc, hakka/mainlanders/aborigines will be treated as second class citizen.  vmad.gif  vmad.gif

wah u very busy , untill today only reply to this old thread laugh.gif

by the way, I didnt blame female, I say feminist = cultural marxism = SJW

read back

This post has been edited by damonlbs: Sep 28 2017, 08:47 PM
quintessential
post Sep 29 2017, 12:22 PM

england is my city
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(damonlbs @ Sep 28 2017, 09:38 PM)
wah u very busy , untill today only reply to this old thread  laugh.gif

by the way, I didnt blame female, I say feminist = cultural marxism = SJW

read back
sorry for oversimplication and misunderstanding.

yeah. super busy right. have to juggle between marriage, family, work and infosec studies. sweat.gif sweat.gif

in usa, taiwanese is considered separate ethnicity from huaren. how can they appropriate the taiwanese term for hokkien when it supposed to be yuanzhumin/aboriginals. doh.gif

awongck
post Sep 29 2017, 02:58 PM

Casual

Omputeh style, u look cina u cina mali........

18 Pages « < 16 17 18Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0596sec    1.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th February 2018 - 03:24 AM