Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

petrol comsumption suddenly boost dramastically

views

TSHybrified
post Apr 12 2007, 08:37 AM, updated 17y ago

Regular
1,071 posts

Hi guys,

previously my car can go up to at least rm50 300km usage for highway+city drive ....

then after i change company which is nearer, my petrol goes to 280km max onli. maybe bcoz no highway hav to stop stop so its affected rclxub.gif

but lately, its decreased till rm50 for 180km onli. last 2 week i put rm50 and last for 180km i tot maybe one time onli.
then early this week another rm50, now just 155km already near empty adi ...

wat happend ???

im driving satria 1.3m ori engine. mileage juz 110k km onli cry.gif cry.gif
RoxyMunky
post Apr 12 2007, 08:37 AM

MalaoZai
1,845 posts

ur car park outside our within car porch area?? sweat.gif
kennee
post Apr 12 2007, 08:39 AM

Getting Started
56 posts

How about your weight? Have you gained weight? cool.gif

just kiddin'
piscesguy
post Apr 12 2007, 08:42 AM

私の名前はりゅうです
3,940 posts

QUOTE(Hybrified @ Apr 12 2007, 08:37 AM)
Hi guys,

previously my car can go up to at least rm50 300km usage for highway+city drive ....

then after i change company which is nearer, my petrol goes to 280km max onli. maybe bcoz no highway hav to stop stop so its affected  rclxub.gif

but lately, its decreased till rm50 for 180km onli. last 2 week i put rm50 and last for 180km i tot maybe one time onli.

wat happend ???

im driving satria 1.3m ori engine. mileage juz 110k km onli  cry.gif  cry.gif
U can try change the fuel filter and air filter. Should help u save some fuel.
I_AM_THE_CHOOSEN_ONE
post Apr 12 2007, 08:44 AM

Casual
387 posts

ya, last time i driving a 1.3m iswara also same...

previously use to drive in highway, good fc....that time RM50 can give me 500km++(that time still RM1.62 a liter)

but when change to other location which require 7-8km with heavily jam...it drops to 300km++ only...

short distance + heavy jam ...
SUSMatrix
post Apr 12 2007, 08:55 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

Ur car got serious problem...there's no way a full tank can go only 155km. Even my petrol sucking KIA Sephia also can go 260km to 280km on full tank.

Better get someone to check fast...maybe fuel leak?? sweat.gif
omnimech
post Apr 12 2007, 09:07 AM

DaFuQ
1,441 posts

probably the petrol tank not closed properly. so the petrol evaporate ? i had a problem like that with my wira .
SUSMalaysian
post Apr 12 2007, 09:13 AM

Regular
1,651 posts

fuel pump rosak d..

try to rev the engine..see got smoke come out from exhaust or not..

fuel injection or carburetor?

i say it's carburetor lor
evo8gsr
post Apr 12 2007, 09:23 AM

Getting Started
287 posts

wow....seriously dude,better get it checked.....its impossible to get tat kind of FC.....even an EVO does slightly better than 155km....... hmm.gif
TSHybrified
post Apr 12 2007, 09:24 AM

Regular
1,071 posts

its fuel injection ....

how to know wad thing rosak d ?

once i bring to workshop, it ask me change this n that without checkin 1st ... blink.gif
SUSMatrix
post Apr 12 2007, 09:39 AM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(Hybrified @ Apr 12 2007, 09:24 AM)
its fuel injection ....

how to know wad thing rosak d ?

once i bring to workshop, it ask me change this n that without checkin 1st ... blink.gif
Then go to another workshop-ler! You must find a good trusted workshop that won't simply asked you change everything without checking! Those are definite blood suckers workshop.

btw, do u do regular maintenance? If u do, the technician should advise what needs to be change.

If u stay around Kepong/Sri Damansara, i can recommend you to go to my usual workshop. 2 young guys there quite honest. Won't simply change and charge exorbitant price for nothing.

I don't like most workshop around PJ...most of them blood suckers. Worst is one shop next to Domino Pizza and Atria Shopping Centre in Damansara Jaya. I can't remember the name, but it's the corner between the ATRIA parking entrance and Domino Pizza. DON'T EVER GO THERE.

Simply charged me a few hundred bucks, but even got my steering not properly aligned!! I got furious and fcuk the boss and she quickly refund my money!!!! Damn Criminals!!! vmad.gif vmad.gif

This post has been edited by Matrix: Apr 12 2007, 09:43 AM
K3nnYkl82
post Apr 12 2007, 10:13 AM

2,479 posts

Sensor spoilt i guess..
causing those injectors to spray at thier max (emergency state)..

Go check ur sensor .. dunno O2 sensor or CO2 sensor (for injection)

juz my 2 cent .
micwin1437
post Apr 12 2007, 11:35 AM

Regular
1,147 posts

how frequent and at what mileage you services your car?
what parts have you change so far?
when is your last service?
young_soul
post Apr 12 2007, 12:09 PM

THIS is how you use a hammer
2,032 posts

QUOTE(RoxyMunky @ Apr 12 2007, 08:37 AM)
ur car park outside our within car porch area?? sweat.gif
I really don't see how this question can help at all...

QUOTE(Matrix @ Apr 12 2007, 09:39 AM)
I don't like most workshop around PJ...most of them blood suckers. Worst is one shop next to Domino Pizza and Atria Shopping Centre in Damansara Jaya. I can't remember the name, but it's the corner between the ATRIA parking entrance and Domino Pizza. DON'T EVER GO THERE.

Simply charged me a few hundred bucks, but even got my steering not properly aligned!! I got furious and fcuk the boss and she quickly refund my money!!!! Damn Criminals!!!  vmad.gif  vmad.gif
you have to understand, these people are running a business. Not a non-profit save the earth organization. And a car is not just made out of a steering wheel, seats, and some headlights...its made out of many many components. So don't be suprised when they repair one part of your car but didn't realize that it affected another part of your car. Steering wheel alignment is the most common of all faults. People just don't realize it. Maybe you can blame the mechanic for not doing a thorough job, but blaming the boss?? shakehead.gif That's why she quickly refund your money, she didn't know what the heck was going on at all. What would you feel when some bugger just approach you, and scold you? Remember, she's a girl...she'll probably think you're some stalker or robber...and gave you money so that you won't hurt her, not a "refund" laugh.gif If she's not the boss, she'll probably get scolding from her husband/father when he gets back...all thanks to you. No offence icon_rolleyes.gif Btw, what did they repair?

dear TS, this is a very unusual problem to have the mileage drop by so much...I can think of a number of possibilities to your problem but let's face it, I'm no handyman, I'm guessing you're not too. So, let's just leave it to the professionals. I can recommend you to a shop which I always go to in Damansara Utama, opposite the BP station...its called Rally Auto. Yes, they also "eat" money...but so smile.gif far they've been doing a good job in fixing my car smile.gif
the_catacombs
post Apr 12 2007, 12:46 PM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

QUOTE(Hybrified @ Apr 12 2007, 08:37 AM)
Hi guys,

then after i change company which is nearer, my petrol goes to 280km max onli. maybe bcoz no highway hav to stop stop so its affected  rclxub.gif

wat happend ???

im driving satria 1.3m ori engine. mileage juz 110k km onli  cry.gif  cry.gif
its normal.... coz u are now travelling around town area where stop n go is often... if travel highway, can save more fuel...

besides, travelling before engine warms up to normal temperature is bad... thats the time where ur car AFR running rich (when autochoke kicks in).... thats why sometimes, travel long distance can sometimes benefit from good fuel consumption... icon_rolleyes.gif
TSHybrified
post Apr 12 2007, 01:15 PM

Regular
1,071 posts

@matrix

totally agreed with u laugh.gif i do regular maintenance very well .... but i dun hav regular mechanic ><!! . can i know where is ur usual workshop address ma ?

@catabombs

yea i know travellign town will decrease mileage. i dun mind, but decrease from 280km to 180km is a bit too much ler sweat.gif

im using zenden normal air filter and rpeviously never this low milage d ...

haihz cry.gif

travis_ckf
post Apr 12 2007, 01:23 PM

ambitious but rubbish......
6,413 posts

I believe its time to send ur car to do an overhall since it has reached 110k km mileage which is high. Engines will be not in good shape so maintaince and servicing is required.

As what the_catacombs mentioned, you also started to go shorter distance travelling with less highway so FC will be slighty higher than usual, so its normal.
SUSMatrix
post Apr 12 2007, 01:43 PM

King of Char Siew!
15,022 posts

QUOTE(young_soul @ Apr 12 2007, 12:09 PM)
I really don't see how this question can help at all...
you have to understand, these people are running a business. Not a non-profit save the earth organization. And a car is not just made out of a steering wheel, seats, and some headlights...its made out of many many components. So don't be suprised when they repair one part of your car but didn't realize that it affected another part of your car. Steering wheel alignment is the most common of all faults. People just don't realize it. Maybe you can blame the mechanic for not doing a thorough job, but blaming the boss?? shakehead.gif That's why she quickly refund your money, she didn't know what the heck was going on at all. What would you feel when some bugger just approach you, and scold you? Remember, she's a girl...she'll probably think you're some stalker or robber...and gave you money so that you won't hurt her, not a "refund" laugh.gif If she's not the boss, she'll probably get scolding from her husband/father when he gets back...all thanks to you. No offence icon_rolleyes.gif Btw, what did they repair?
There's a difference between running an honest business and corrupt business to cheat customers. Especially cars. Blood sucker workshop will try to replace everything even if the parts are still usable, while the honest workshop will explain to you in detail if the thing is spoilt, how it's spoilt, what it affects and will not encourage you to change if the parts are still ok.

As for the boss, that lady is no greenhorn (and not an 18 year old either), she can always ask the mechanic to clarify but never even bother. There's lots of her mechanic around. She can always clarify, but she did not! If she can't control her staff, dunno how to handle customers, then she don't deserve to make easy money from customers. If her husband left her in control when she's not capable, it is also his fault for not paying for a good help. You're not there and you make assumptions so handily? Cheh!!! shakehead.gif

Added on April 12, 2007, 1:48 pm
QUOTE(Hybrified @ Apr 12 2007, 01:15 PM)
@matrix

totally agreed with u laugh.gif i do regular maintenance very well .... but i dun hav regular mechanic ><!! . can i know where is ur usual workshop address ma ?

@catabombs

yea i know travellign town will decrease mileage. i dun mind, but decrease from 280km to 180km is a bit too much ler sweat.gif

haihz cry.gif
I don't have the add with me rite now. But i'll pm u the contact no. You can go try one time and see if it's okay for you. I've let them service for the last 4 years or so.

This post has been edited by Matrix: Apr 12 2007, 01:48 PM
NaGeNaZ
post Apr 12 2007, 02:59 PM

MS03-GNX001
783 posts

I have a question regarding this 2.

For O2 sensor, its the one located in the air filter & air intake hose rite.

For CO2, its located in the catalyct converter in the exhoust pipe line is it.

Then the ECU will compute the fuel amount, air, and timing of th engine based on these sensors input. Sorry guys, i am try to learn more about engine.

And what is a throttle body? The car engine used to stall (off) while driving and after servicing this part, it solve the problem. whistling.gif
the_catacombs
post Apr 12 2007, 03:28 PM

8 stars wooo....
10,975 posts

QUOTE(Hybrified @ Apr 12 2007, 01:15 PM)
@catabombs

haihz cry.gif
my mileage per full tank is 350km...
highway mileage per full tank is 480km~500km....

apa tak boleh.... laugh.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0215sec    0.57    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:14 PM