Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom
Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Headache With Sister in Law family

intelredmi
post Sep 12 2017, 03:21 PM, updated 6 months ago

Group: Newbie

Let me share about my sister in law and her family. She's a senior executive at a GLC, making at least 6K monthly, maybe more. 4 children age between 2 to 10. Her husband on the other hand refuse to work for other. Both are tertiary educated. For me, if its only her and her kids, 6k++ is more than enough.

The problem is the husband. He inherited a few pieces of lands from his dad, and sell them off. Made a few hundred thousands. He use the it to open a small health and beauty product shop but failed miserably. Closed shop, have to borrow here and there (from the wifes parents, and her siblings, my wife included).

Then he sold another piece of his inherited land, and open a cafe. Also not going really well. A few times his wife come to us and her parents to borrow money as he is unable to pay the workers and the shop rent. My wife lend her sister some money without telling me, and I got really angry when I found out this morning. The husband mati2 dont want to find job, or even drive uber or grab. Always want to be the boss even have to beg from us. His own siblings dont even care to help him at all. FYI his wife's salary alone is more than me and my wife's combined income.

I pity my 66 years old father in law have to keep working, because he's worried about his daughter and grandkids. Even have to dig their savings to help the daughter. What you will do if you re in my sister in laws husband position? Will you look for a job? Drive uber/grab? Close shop and try other business? Or just bertahan with the losing cafe business?

Sorry for bad English. Not an English speaker

This post has been edited by intelredmi: Sep 12 2017, 03:21 PM
yeeck
post Sep 12 2017, 03:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

Have to be ruthless in this case and tell them to their face that his hubby is not cut out to do any business.
lyc1982
post Sep 12 2017, 03:27 PM

ExpectNoMercy

someone has to inform your sister and her husband that becoming a boss is not meant for everyone, especially him

if this fails...then good luck, her husband will drag everyone down with his stubbornness or stupidity
ryanlit
post Sep 12 2017, 03:28 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(intelredmi @ Sep 12 2017, 03:21 PM)
Let me share about my sister in law and her family. She's a senior executive at a GLC, making at least 6K monthly, maybe more. 4 children age between 2 to 10. Her husband on the other hand refuse to work for other. Both are tertiary educated. For me, if its only her and her kids, 6k++ is more than enough.

The problem is the husband. He inherited a few pieces of lands from his dad, and sell them off. Made a few hundred thousands. He use the it to open a small health and beauty product shop but failed miserably. Closed shop,  have to borrow here and there (from the wifes parents, and her siblings, my wife included).

Then he sold another piece of his inherited land, and open a cafe. Also not going really well. A few times his wife come to us and her parents to borrow money as he is unable to pay the workers and the shop rent. My wife lend her sister some money without telling me, and I got really angry when I found out this morning. The husband mati2 dont want to find job, or even drive uber or grab. Always want to be the boss even have to beg from us. His own siblings dont even care to help him at all. FYI his wife's salary alone is more than me and my wife's combined income.

I pity my 66 years old father in law have to keep working, because he's worried about his daughter and grandkids. Even have to dig their savings to help the daughter. What you will do if you re in my sister in laws husband position? Will you look for a job? Drive uber/grab? Close shop and try other business? Or just bertahan with the losing cafe business?

Sorry for bad English. Not an English speaker
STOP GIVING HIM THE MONEY WILL WAKE HIM UP FROM HIS DREAM.
Suffer once and for all.

In other point of view, your father in law owe his son in his previous life, so now it is the pay back time.
GearX_SaM
post Sep 12 2017, 03:29 PM

Casual

oh golly. Useless fag
intelredmi
post Sep 12 2017, 03:30 PM

He even called his children "sial". For me if its not because of his children, his wife already left him because he had hit her few times before, and leeching her off her hard earned money. And if not for the children my father in law would never help him at all.
intelredmi
post Sep 12 2017, 03:32 PM

QUOTE(ryanlit @ Sep 12 2017, 03:28 PM)
STOP GIVING HIM THE MONEY WILL WAKE HIM UP FROM HIS DREAM.
Suffer once and for all.

In other point of view, your father in law owe his son in his previous life, so now it is the pay back time.
Its not his son, the wife is my father in law's daughter (my wife's sister). Sorry im not very good in English.
danieln
post Sep 12 2017, 03:34 PM

Enthusiast

well i have quite a similar case here.

after helping them few rounds, all the sisters gave up and refused to provide him further help. its time for them to wake up/

intelredmi
post Sep 12 2017, 03:39 PM

QUOTE(danieln @ Sep 12 2017, 03:34 PM)
well i have quite a similar case here.

after helping them few rounds, all the sisters gave up and refused to provide him further help. its time for them to wake up/
His own sisters already gave up on him, not even answering his calls. It's our father-in-law who is too soft-hearted always want to help that stupid son-in-law of his. I pity him still have to work in his old age.
Autocountstick
post Sep 12 2017, 03:44 PM

Getting Started

soon borrow from ah long, too ego
Ch33r
post Sep 12 2017, 03:45 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(intelredmi @ Sep 12 2017, 03:39 PM)
His own sisters already gave up on him, not even answering his calls. It's our father-in-law who is too soft-hearted always want to help that stupid son-in-law of his. I pity him still have to work in his old age.
As this kind of people no need to help them, be a better way to let him wake up from his dream, not lend him even a cent, ask him go find any job whatever he can do. There is no use for keep give him the money while the old people still need to work just for him. Pity on the parents in laws.

Heart must be strong to make a decision, not BORROW at all. Else he still thinking got people always back up him. He wont wake up forever.
Lyu
post Sep 12 2017, 04:14 PM

Getting Started

This post has been edited by Lyu: Sep 12 2017, 04:16 PM
intelredmi
post Sep 12 2017, 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Autocountstick @ Sep 12 2017, 03:44 PM)
soon borrow from ah long, too ego
Already borrow from ah long. Dont know whether he already settled or not

Ch33r
post Sep 12 2017, 04:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(intelredmi @ Sep 12 2017, 04:14 PM)
Already borrow from ah long. Dont know whether he already settled or not
If he already do til this stage, for the safe of the wife and children, better stay away from him.
intelredmi
post Sep 12 2017, 04:16 PM

QUOTE(Lyu @ Sep 12 2017, 04:14 PM)
What the point asking wat we will do if we r the sister in law...

Ask la what we will do if ts
Just need opinion what other sane person would do in his (the husband) position, not the sister in law.
intelredmi
post Sep 12 2017, 04:17 PM

QUOTE(Ch33r @ Sep 12 2017, 04:15 PM)
If he already do til this stage, for the safe of the wife and children, better stay away from him.
One time time ah long look for him at his cafe, he did not dare to come home.

intelredmi
post Sep 12 2017, 04:22 PM

Just need view from anybody here who did business, or have any knowledge on business, or anything related.

He inherited land from his dad, sell it off for a few hundred thousands (he said) and open small cafe business. That means he didn't have to borrow right? Then how come the business not doing well a few months, suddenly his debt amounted to more than 30K? Something is fishy right? Any possibilities? Sorry again I'm just secondary school educated, never did any major business, and just working as support staff, really need other experienced people's view.
danieln
post Sep 12 2017, 04:26 PM

Enthusiast

QUOTE(intelredmi @ Sep 12 2017, 04:22 PM)
Just need view from anybody here who did business, or have any knowledge on business, or anything related.

He inherited land from his dad, sell it off for a few hundred thousands (he said) and open small cafe business. That means he didn't have to borrow right? Then how come the business not doing well a few months, suddenly his debt amounted to more than 30K? Something is fishy right? Any possibilities? Sorry again I'm just secondary school educated, never did any major business, and just working as support staff, really need other experienced people's view.
gambling, feeding mistress or he really so screw up in business management.
intelredmi
post Sep 12 2017, 04:29 PM

QUOTE(danieln @ Sep 12 2017, 04:26 PM)
gambling, feeding mistress or he really so screw up in business management.
He's not the gambling type, but he's had a mistress once that time during his first business failure.

This post has been edited by intelredmi: Sep 12 2017, 04:31 PM
loui
post Sep 12 2017, 05:03 PM

Casual

seriously, kasi divorce saja

ppl like that will never learn

their attitude has adverse effect to anyone around them especially the small kids

plus be firm with your wife, tell her not to lend SIL any more money

5 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0864sec    5.10    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th June 2018 - 12:03 AM