Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> AirBnB, Anyone do/did aBnB? good bad? pls share

views

BEANCOUNTER
post Jun 22 2018, 02:39 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(corleone74 @ Jun 22 2018, 10:30 AM)
I ask owners to pls don't do airbnb unless your block is the soho or studios type . It is disruptive to other owner occupier, and too many pipu in out like hotel may cause security issue.
pls bring it up in yr agm.
Yvonne K
post Jul 4 2018, 04:54 PM

1 posts

QUOTE(Downfour @ Jun 21 2018, 04:15 PM)
Hi sifu, i planning to host my unit condo as airbnb, How to manage to pass and collect key to the tenant if u are not always available for doing these?

And the cleaning service, how to get cleaner to clean the house after the tenant move out?
Maybe you can search for proper airbnb operator to help you manage it and quite well good profit sharing from one of my friend telling.
www.cobnb.com.my

Wenny K
post Jul 4 2018, 05:59 PM

Getting Started
201 posts

QUOTE(Yvonne K @ Jul 4 2018, 04:54 PM)
Maybe you can search for proper airbnb operator to help you manage it and quite well good profit sharing from one of my friend telling.
www.cobnb.com.my
oh good one, didnt know tat there's this airbnb operator service rclxms.gif
bsm88
post Sep 7 2018, 08:59 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

may i get opinion?
plan to get one unit in jp during holiday? 1 guest & 5 guest showing different price, same unit. The unit can accomodate 5 guest and i only have 4 guest.
For local Airbnb, i usually just go with 1 guest, supposedly is by night not by guests, so long as i don't exceed the max pax that is allowed in the unit.

For Japan, i need your advice here.
Am i right or safe to just 1 guest during booking, and actual stay is 4 guests?
BEANCOUNTER
post Sep 7 2018, 09:51 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(bsm88 @ Sep 7 2018, 08:59 AM)
may i get opinion?
plan to get one unit in jp during holiday? 1 guest & 5 guest showing different price, same unit. The unit can accomodate 5 guest and i only have 4 guest.
For local Airbnb, i usually just go with 1 guest, supposedly is by night not by guests, so long as i don't exceed the max pax that is allowed in the unit.

I know some Airbnb don't place the extra air mattresses or any extra mattresses on site and only provide if you indicating how many pax actually staying.

BUT why need to lie and cheat? if you have 4 paxs just say 4paxs lah…...you wont be charge extra also.
tikusniaga
post Sep 7 2018, 11:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,020 posts

QUOTE(bigman @ Jun 21 2018, 04:31 PM)
cakap byk senang....

get complain from neighbor then baru tahu...
Yes, neighbor complaints. Baru tahu.

If it is residential, technically, it is illegal.
BEANCOUNTER
post Sep 7 2018, 11:25 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(tikusniaga @ Sep 7 2018, 11:05 AM)
Yes, neighbor complaints. Baru tahu.

If it is residential, technically, it is illegal.
Airbnb is not illegal in residential property.

if Airbnb is illegal, so does all the units for rental.
edwedw
post Sep 7 2018, 12:15 PM

Getting Started
96 posts

Mostly airbnb unit will be like this, if the unit allowed max 5 guest stay but they may charge extra after 2 guest. Read the term & condition.

So far I stayed airbnb unit in Sydney, Gold Coast, Tokyo, Bangkok, Taipei & KL. Only Taipei & KL I meet the owner to collect keys, others I don't meet them and self collect key or by door lock code to enter. So you can try to cheat brows.gif brows.gif

QUOTE(bsm88 @ Sep 7 2018, 08:59 AM)
may i get opinion?

tikusniaga
post Sep 7 2018, 01:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,020 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Sep 7 2018, 11:25 AM)
Airbnb is not illegal in residential property.

if Airbnb is illegal, so does all the units for rental.
If management corporation say it is not allowed, that’s it. This is rule all unit holders must obey.

It will caused many kinds of problems, like security and nuisance.

BEANCOUNTER
post Sep 7 2018, 02:15 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(tikusniaga @ Sep 7 2018, 01:50 PM)
If management corporation say it is not allowed, that’s it. This is rule all unit holders must obey.

It will caused many kinds of problems, like security and nuisance.
problem aside, unless and until annual meeting majority of owners voted against Airbnb,, until then Airbnb is not illegal.

also how to determine which tenants are on short, mid short, mid and long term stay?????

I notice one resi condo in KL banned Airbnb already, but you still can see vblogs Airbnb customers still happily posted their latest trip to Malaysia and stay at that condo, as latest as in the month of aug.

also some apartments banned airbnb operators, but stop short of banning owners get Airbnb tenant.\

unless and until the state or gov got involved, its very hard to implement. owner just said they are my friends instead of Airbnb customers.
HELLO HELLO
post Sep 7 2018, 02:43 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,436 posts

Wahkaka. Now getting many residence neighbor are ok with Airbnb. They rather their neighbor is Airbnb guest than long terms stay tenant.

Long term tenant in Malasiao very give a lot headache to home owner and neighbor.

Plenty new condos management also accept Airbnb. As long as follow condo procedures and registration.

Some condo management only boycott certain short term stay platform Macam booking.com ... due to mostly lousy guest quality.

This post has been edited by HELLO HELLO: Sep 7 2018, 02:46 PM
bsm88
post Sep 10 2018, 09:10 AM

Getting Started
143 posts

QUOTE(edwedw @ Sep 7 2018, 12:15 PM)
Mostly airbnb unit will be like this, if the unit allowed max 5 guest stay but they may charge extra after 2 guest. Read the term & condition.

So far I stayed airbnb unit in Sydney, Gold Coast, Tokyo, Bangkok, Taipei & KL. Only Taipei & KL I meet the owner to collect keys, others I don't meet them and self collect key or by door lock code to enter. So you can try to cheat  brows.gif  brows.gif
That is the thing..just worry owner come to meet, ha..ha... if not, usually 1 guests during booking is fine.
More than 1 guests, cost can go much higher...

prody
post Sep 10 2018, 09:22 AM

Dance while the record spins
1,548 posts

QUOTE(bsm88 @ Sep 10 2018, 09:10 AM)
That is the thing..just worry owner come to meet, ha..ha... if not, usually 1 guests during booking is fine.
More than 1 guests, cost can go much higher...
I used to run an airbnb for max 5 people:
- 1 king
- 1 queen
- 1 single

I would provide sheets, towels, pillows etc. based on the number of people that were going to stay there. This is why the pricing is different.

If you indicate only 1 person will stay there and you turn up with 4 people you may end up with a problem.

That is aside from the fact that the owner may block you from coming in at all.
yoonyin
post Sep 14 2018, 11:05 AM

Casual
319 posts

Hi guys, another question on payout method. How you guys normally set the method? Bank Transfer? I not sure i doing it right or not while entering the SWIFT Code details for my Maybank account.

Any reference that can enlighten me further?
mroys@lyn
post Sep 14 2018, 11:47 AM

Regular
1,017 posts

QUOTE(yoonyin @ Sep 14 2018, 11:05 AM)
Hi guys, another question on payout method. How you guys normally set the method? Bank Transfer? I not sure i doing it right or not while entering the SWIFT Code details for my Maybank account.

are you guest or host?
gooberhock
post Sep 14 2018, 12:04 PM

Casual
395 posts

Its via credit card like on booking.com . U pay direct through airbnb itself.

yoonyin
post Sep 14 2018, 12:19 PM

Casual
319 posts

QUOTE(mroys@lyn @ Sep 14 2018, 11:47 AM)
are you guest or host?
Sorry, I'm the host.

QUOTE(gooberhock @ Sep 14 2018, 12:04 PM)
Its via credit card like on booking.com . U pay direct through airbnb itself.
Sorry, i mean i'm the host, someone already book my apartment, not sure i'm doing it correctly in the payout method to receive the money from the guest.
mroys@lyn
post Sep 14 2018, 12:30 PM

Regular
1,017 posts

QUOTE(yoonyin @ Sep 14 2018, 12:19 PM)
Sorry, I'm the host.
Sorry, i mean i'm the host, someone already book my apartment, not sure i'm doing it correctly in the payout method to receive the money from the guest.
the guest will pay to airbnb. airbnb will then pay to you. if you gave the wrong swift code, transaction will not go thru and airbnb will contact you.
Hofmann33
post Sep 23 2018, 11:08 PM

Getting Started
265 posts

Here's some updates on Airbnb legality in Malaysia -
https://blog.rentandreturns.com/is-airbnb-legal-in-malaysia/
mazareef
post Sep 24 2018, 01:00 PM

3 posts

I've change to bank trx since RM drop. Fastest method is always Paypal. Bank Transfer is slower but you will get the full amount w/o currency exchange loss. swift code for maybank is MBBEMYKL. Payout is on the next day of guest check in. After you received payout notification, normally it take 2-3 business day to clear to your account.

My normal payout timings:
Guest check in Thursday. Payout notification on Friday 3pm. Get money in bank Monday 3pm sometimes 5pm ish.
Guest check in Friday. Payout notification on Saturday 3pm. Get money in bank Tuesday 3pm sometimes 5pm ish.
Guest check in Saturday. Payout notification on Sunday 3pm. Get money in bank Tuesday 3pm sometimes 5pm ish.

You'll hate Friday check in. Especially if ur place in smack in the middle of KL.

13 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.31    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:03 PM