OS How to migrate windows 10 to SSD, From Hard disk to SSD

views

omg7788
post Sep 12 2017, 03:28 PM

Kampung Style Information Technology
431 posts

QUOTE(COOLPINK @ Sep 12 2017, 08:42 AM)
i use EaseUS last time.
Can try EaseUS cloning software, using this for very long time already. So far don't have any issue. Highly recommended.

omg7788
post Mar 30 2019, 07:42 PM

431 posts

QUOTE(frontier2002 @ Sep 11 2017, 09:28 PM)
I have just got my Sandisk 240GB SSD and i would like to migrate my windows 10 from the old harddisk direct to the SSD. What is the best software out there anyone have tried before?

FYI i don't want to reinstall my windows bcos its windows 7 and no more free upgrade to win 10
Well you can try this first, remove your current harddisk from your computer & install the new SSD. Go ahead and download MediaCreationTools1809 and make a usb bootable thumbdrive. After done then use the bootable thumbdrive to install win10( it should prompt you to select which version of windows you want to install ) please choose the same with your current windows version( i guess it is either win10 home single language ). With the installation done, you can now use your win7 key at the back of your machine and key it in the activation tab. I have do it with quite alot of machine, yours should be workable.

If you don't want to clean format it then you can always clone.
omg7788
post Apr 1 2019, 01:56 PM

431 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 31 2019, 11:22 PM)
Does it work for my case, see on top.
Should just work fine, install your SSD in the slot then you can start cloning already. After u install make sure you initialize the disk first under disk management then only u proceed to clone.
omg7788
post Apr 1 2019, 02:18 PM

431 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Apr 1 2019, 01:57 PM)
It's an existing slot. M.2.

Mine doesn't have DVD bay.
works just fine too brows.gif
omg7788
post Apr 7 2019, 06:59 PM

431 posts

QUOTE(no-tech-know-logy @ Apr 5 2019, 01:58 PM)
Thanks for the reply. I have checked BIOS settings. It boots from UEFI but the error message if no boot OS detected (something like that).
When I replace with my old HDD, it boots normally and the laptop can detect the SSD if i connect via USB.
When you are cloning do you select clone sector by sector & optimize to SSD features in EASUS?
omg7788
post Apr 8 2019, 11:17 AM

431 posts

QUOTE(no-tech-know-logy @ Apr 8 2019, 11:04 AM)
Yes. I select sector by sector and also optimise for SSD. I also tried same for other cloning programme. But end up still can't boot.
I checked the SSD and can't find any "boot" sector / function but i can see it on the HDD. Thats the only difference after i clone. Also the size of this partition is slightly smaller in SSD compared to HDD. Dont know whether its missing the "boot" sector which makes it smaller.
I gave up cloning and tried the windows recovery / reinstall in SSD. Now the SSD can boot but of course, all my data is not available and still on the HDD.
If your partition is smaller than the usual size on hdd then that mean something is missing, all in all i still recommend clean install on SSD which there will not be a single bloatware from manufacturer install on it.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0154sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:30 PM