Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Scammers - 2 guys on the phones

views

ikanjoss
post Jul 31 2018, 01:33 PM

0 posts

Hi all -

This literally just happened to me, same MO, but original automated call was 1800 750-819, same case number even as below hahaha tapi "officers" involved are different: one Jay Chow (lol) at Kastam, Sjns Lee and Wong konon2 at IPK Kedah, and same story also I got a case in Kedah for 75x iphone X from Thailand.

Also said I'm involved in money laundering with a Tan Wai Peng who's supposedly a drug kingpin they arrested in May, wow!!!

1st red flag is that there's no Kastam officer named Jay Chow listed in the Kedah directory: http://www.customs.gov.my/en/cu/Pages/cu_kdh.aspx

2nd red flag is they too efficient: connecting me from one gomen department to the next, lol - pernah dengar call forwarding from one gomen department to the next, and immediately someone angkat ? and polis guy immediately dah ada the kastam case number? macam magic online database k - so efficient!!! hahaha if only real gomen that good!

3rd red flag: polis guy "Sjn Wong" revealing the money laundering case. Eh, bro, if you polis, you talking to a suspect, mana ada bagi tau pasal kes2 lain yg melibatkan the suspek, kan ? Dia siap leh tanya, "awak tau tak awak terlibat dalam kes lagi satu ni"? Funny a bit la

4th red flag: dia tanya what are ALL my bank accounts and numbers, and transactions involved ?

Basically they are trying to complete a full picture to really do the identity theft with the banks etc la.

Now the question is, who leaked my name/number/IC etc - too many data leaks nowadays.

Worthwhile to make a police report ?

QUOTE(tsltql @ Jun 20 2018, 04:10 PM)
I received an automated call from 03-8323 4314 from Kastam claims that I have a final warning for tax matters. Asked me to press '0' to talk to the officer. So, talk to the officer (Officer name: Ghazali Bin Asman), they asked for IC number to check which cases. Okay, after blah blah blah, they claim there is an outstanding of RM40K as I bought 75 units of iPhone X from Thailand.

Of cause I denied it and after all the explanation, he said pass me to IPK Kedah to do police report via phone as I can't be in Kedah branch police station before 1 pm (else, they will submit case up to Mahkamah Tinggi), well, they gave me the case/report number as well, UKKK786-06-2018 (like very real  biggrin.gif ). Ok, same old things, everything repeated. Blah Blah Blah...... Well, finally he said he will do a report via telephone (Office name: Redzuan). He asked me 2 questions:

1. So, are we proceeding to do report via phone? If yes, you have to ensure that you are alone as there will be voice recording and should not have 3rd party voice. Else, the report is not valid.

2. What's the percentage of your phone battery and do you have the charger with you?

Well, obviously this is a scammer! So, I asked that Redzuan fella "why are you asking those kinds of weird question like what's the percentage of your phone batt?". He then said, it's to avoid the line cut off and we cannot call you back. Haha...

So, I told him, yes my phone has low batt and I can't talk long. I'll call back and asked for his number. So, number given was 04-774 1222.

Just sharing hopes that anyone who has received similar phone calls doesn't panic and falls to those bunch of stupid scammer traps.

Good Luck and God Blessed!
cfa28
post Aug 1 2018, 06:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,742 posts

In event of doubt say I will come to the police station and look for you

Go with some trusted friends to the police station
shetz
post Oct 4 2018, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(tsltql @ Jun 20 2018, 04:10 PM)
I received an automated call from 03-8323 4314 from Kastam claims that I have a final warning for tax matters. Asked me to press '0' to talk to the officer. So, talk to the officer (Officer name: Ghazali Bin Asman), they asked for IC number to check which cases. Okay, after blah blah blah, they claim there is an outstanding of RM40K as I bought 75 units of iPhone X from Thailand.

Of cause I denied it and after all the explanation, he said pass me to IPK Kedah to do police report via phone as I can't be in Kedah branch police station before 1 pm (else, they will submit case up to Mahkamah Tinggi), well, they gave me the case/report number as well, UKKK786-06-2018 (like very real  biggrin.gif ). Ok, same old things, everything repeated. Blah Blah Blah...... Well, finally he said he will do a report via telephone (Office name: Redzuan). He asked me 2 questions:

1. So, are we proceeding to do report via phone? If yes, you have to ensure that you are alone as there will be voice recording and should not have 3rd party voice. Else, the report is not valid.

2. What's the percentage of your phone battery and do you have the charger with you?

Well, obviously this is a scammer! So, I asked that Redzuan fella "why are you asking those kinds of weird question like what's the percentage of your phone batt?". He then said, it's to avoid the line cut off and we cannot call you back. Haha...

So, I told him, yes my phone has low batt and I can't talk long. I'll call back and asked for his number. So, number given was 04-774 1222.

Just sharing hopes that anyone who has received similar phone calls doesn't panic and falls to those bunch of stupid scammer traps.

Good Luck and God Blessed!
Hello everyone,

I received the same the call today. Exactly the Same situation. I accidentally gave my ic number.. he wanted to transfer my call to IPK kedah but i said i need to check first and will give u a call back. Should i do a police report? Im so worried now?

Please can anyone advice me?
qwerty123
post Dec 6 2018, 12:52 PM

19 posts

Same thing happened to me today. Straight went to police station to check with the officer. Big red flag when they requested me to transfer my money to another account.

Things to note:-
1. impossible for them to pass / transfer your call to other departments
2. police will never inform you through phone that they will come and "catch" you
3. don't ever give them your bank account information

This post has been edited by qwerty123: Dec 6 2018, 12:53 PM
SUSagewisdom
post Dec 6 2018, 02:06 PM

Enthusiast
729 posts

QUOTE(mikasaackerman @ Sep 13 2017, 02:06 AM)
I guess I should share the full story just as a precaution for others who may be as gullible as I was...

11. And then I burst into tears at the police station like the crybaby I am. lol cry.gif  cry.gif  cry.gif I was so fucking frightened and exhausted because he had me on the phone for more than 2 hours... And at that same time, I was SO relieved that the transfer attempts all failed...
Thanks for sharing. We all think it won't happen to me... but these guys are professionals. They do these every moment... and can sound very convincing. They should go into sales or insurance. I'm sure they would do just as well.
xcxa23
post Dec 7 2018, 12:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,649 posts

Actually u guys got into trouble with law b4? That's y easier to panic/scare/nervous?

Like transfering money to ppl to avoid/solve the so called criminal case.. i received similar call way b4 reading any scam forum and the moment they told they can help by transferring money to XXX, I straight say, nvm I will come to XXX bank, XXX police station personally right now.. gip me Ur name and case id..

I know for sure I din involve in any crimal case so I'm willing to spend time going to police station or bank to get clarification.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0164sec    0.22    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:40 PM