Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Any recommended android box for Astro Go?

views

joshhd
post Nov 20 2020, 11:59 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,983 posts

QUOTE(Boldnut @ Nov 20 2020, 11:31 AM)
really frustrating that Astro didnt have simple windows 10 app in 2020. Why force us to use browser.

Just a guess...
In my opinion, the software team right now is pretty sucks in general.
Either they're short of manpower, or they're not paying high enough to care so much.
loselegend
post Nov 20 2020, 03:11 PM

(◕‿◕✿)
838 posts

QUOTE(joshhd @ Nov 20 2020, 11:59 AM)
Just a guess...
In my opinion, the software team right now is pretty sucks in general.
Either they're short of manpower, or they're not paying high enough to care so much.
Eh not really like this.

First of all, I am a software developer myself and I'm not working in Astro.

For each of the Astro GO, which I categorize as Web browser, Android app, iOS app, HuaWei Gallery App and etc etc (if have others).
All required human being with specific skillset from each of the category OR there surely be someone who have all the skill lah but of course their salary not cheap also lah.

Even browser, they need to ensure compatibility among all the "popular" browser in the market since some of their JS implementation is different.
They would need to test it all out to ensure the end product have no issue.
If not, later banyak pula customer complaint "why ada error".

I believe it's up to the market demand If they decide to develop new Windows 10 app.

Of course, I believe that this Windows 10 app is nice thing to have in the future since most of the household have Windows 10 PC.
joshhd
post Nov 20 2020, 10:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,983 posts

QUOTE(loselegend @ Nov 20 2020, 03:11 PM)
Eh not really like this.

First of all, I am a software developer myself and I'm not working in Astro.

For each of the Astro GO, which I categorize as Web browser, Android app, iOS app,  HuaWei Gallery App and etc etc (if have others).
All required human being with specific skillset from each of the category OR there surely be someone who have all the skill lah but of course their salary not cheap also lah.

Even browser, they need to ensure compatibility among all the "popular" browser in the market since some of their JS implementation is different.
They would need to test it all out to ensure the end product have no issue.
If not, later banyak pula customer complaint "why ada error".

I believe it's up to the market demand If they decide to develop new Windows 10 app.

Of course, I believe that this Windows 10 app is nice thing to have in the future since most of the household have Windows 10 PC.

Well yes, I agree with that.

In terms of overall user experience, I still think both Astro Go and Astro Ultra Box software (Ultraview) still has a lot of room for improvements.
I mean if you compare with other popular streaming services apps like YouTube, Netflix, Google TV or even Apple TV, the difference in terms of user interaction, software reliability and user experience is so huge.
As a good point of reference, maybe Astro software team should learn more from Netflix app or Apple TV.
Not even to mention, video and audio quality as well dry.gif No, don't start with the adaptive streaming nonsense. Netflix all those, they also uses adaptive streaming. sweat.gif

Instead of making the app layout to look different on every platforms, from mobile, tablet, web browser, set-top-box or smart TVs, why not making the app and software like website's "responsive theme" which offers better usability and flexible screen display layout regardless of screen sizes, while making sure it doesn't burden the hardware (CPU/GPU) and its software? hmm.gif

Talking about enough "testing", seems that even with the newer Ultraview software, although it has improved a lot in the past 1 year, yet some weird glitches still happens here and there.

Lack of manpower, or lack of skillset, or just money problem? hmm.gif
amirul hafizz
post Nov 20 2020, 10:57 PM

Casual
309 posts

can't wait to see the application that astro is trying to make comparable to netflix in 2021. is it better than netflix.

This post has been edited by amirul hafizz: Nov 20 2020, 10:58 PM
Nando's
post Nov 20 2020, 11:21 PM

Casual
409 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Nov 19 2020, 02:49 PM)
Same ...... ranting.gif .....  as new apps is posted today 2.202.4/AC20.2.4/26a1f5da85

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/astro-malaysi...f5da85-release/

Btw,[/img]
why app from apk mirror and from apkpure no same hash?
From apkpure is slightly bigger.
Edit:

Installed Astro Go from #post 1777 and is working on my TV !.... sweat.gif  sweat.gif

Must navigate with mouse (TV remote didn't work well).
Sound is OK, but picture are jittering and are in SD or worst.... blush.gif  blush.gif  blush.gif
Only Bollyone is in HD and no Channel 780 UHD......from Home screen.
No music channels.

....pic bellow from today tennis match Nadal and Tsitsipas

user posted image

user posted image
You're using Q10pro aswell?
stasio
post Nov 21 2020, 01:19 AM

10k Club
All Stars
17,342 posts

QUOTE(Nando's @ Nov 20 2020, 11:21 PM)
You're using Q10pro aswell?
No at all,just on pure TV.
amirul hafizz
post Nov 21 2020, 07:16 AM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Nov 19 2020, 02:49 PM)
Same ...... ranting.gif .....  as new apps is posted today 2.202.4/AC20.2.4/26a1f5da85

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/astro-malaysi...f5da85-release/

Btw,[/img]
why app from apk mirror and from apkpure no same hash?
From apkpure is slightly bigger.
Edit:

Installed Astro Go from #post 1777 and is working on my TV !.... sweat.gif  sweat.gif

Must navigate with mouse (TV remote didn't work well).
Sound is OK, but picture are jittering and are in SD or worst.... blush.gif  blush.gif  blush.gif
Only Bollyone is in HD and no Channel 780 UHD......from Home screen.
No music channels.

....pic bellow from today tennis match Nadal and Tsitsipas

user posted image

user posted image
AOTG must use mouse or airmouse for navigate or choose the channel. don't have UHD channel bcoz UHD only for Ultra UHD box. i use tanix tx3 mini, if channel full hd like's Astro On Demand i can watch HD picture. only RTM 1 and RTM 2, Awani SD version. almost astro channel in full HD.
stasio
post Nov 21 2020, 10:10 AM

10k Club
All Stars
17,342 posts

QUOTE(amirul hafizz @ Nov 21 2020, 07:16 AM)
AOTG must use mouse or airmouse for navigate or choose the channel. don't have UHD channel bcoz UHD only for Ultra UHD box. i use tanix tx3 mini, if channel full hd like's Astro On Demand i can watch HD picture. only RTM 1 and RTM 2, Awani SD version. almost astro channel in full HD.
Which version you are using ?
My is Astro Go 2.201.4_AC20.1.4_371a162 (Mod Fixed).apk

So from Android box ,you get all channels in HD?
Seems Android TV (Android 8) have some limitation.

This post has been edited by stasio: Nov 21 2020, 10:11 AM
amirul hafizz
post Nov 21 2020, 01:58 PM

Casual
309 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Nov 21 2020, 10:10 AM)
Which version you are using ?
My is Astro Go 2.201.4_AC20.1.4_371a162 (Mod Fixed).apk

So from Android box ,you get all channels in HD?
Seems Android TV (Android 8) have some limitation.
i use AOTG download from aptoide store. i mean use AOTG official apps.
can watch aotg HD channel like's AOD, supersport HD.
maybe you need use aotg official apps.
yohango P
post Nov 23 2020, 04:52 PM

Probation
7 posts

i'm doing some testing on AOTG via web browser from Adroid device... managed to login to AOTG website using Chrome and Firefox, but only Chrome can play video.. firefox got error comes up when playing video " Playback failed due to streaming error (Err-6001)".. anyone can share why this is happening or any tweaking needed? if successfull i can use same method to my unifi box to play AOTG..

p/s : i changed mobile browser's to dekstop mode in order to login AOTG..otherwise pop-up ask to download app is appear
satriaguy
post Nov 25 2020, 10:47 AM

Getting Started
240 posts

QUOTE(yohango @ Nov 23 2020, 04:52 PM)
i'm doing some testing on AOTG via web browser from Adroid device... managed to login to AOTG website using Chrome and Firefox, but only Chrome can play video.. firefox got error comes up when playing video " Playback failed due to streaming error (Err-6001)".. anyone can share why this is happening or any tweaking needed? if successfull i can use same method to my unifi box to play AOTG..

p/s : i changed mobile browser's to dekstop mode in order to login AOTG..otherwise pop-up ask to download app is appear
How do you run Astro site in Android browser, i tried to run using Chrome and enable desktop site, but i got the below error

user posted image
yohango P
post Yesterday, 02:05 PM

Probation
7 posts

QUOTE(satriaguy @ Nov 25 2020, 11:47 AM)
How do you run Astro site in Android browser, i tried to run using Chrome and enable desktop site, but i got the below error

user posted image
looking at your phone screen issue seems because your phone still using mobile browser. try enable dekstop browser before launching AOTG website..
yohango P
post Yesterday, 02:07 PM

Probation
7 posts

QUOTE(yohango @ Nov 27 2020, 03:05 PM)
looking at your phone screen issue seems because your phone still using mobile browser. try enable dekstop browser before launching AOTG website..
EDITED : try updating to at least chrome ver8.6

93 Pages « < 91 92 93Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th November 2020 - 01:10 AM