Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ Discussion Thread V10, Now you can view HDR video at YouTube

views

biggie
post Sep 8 2017, 10:49 PM

Regular
1,267 posts

Tracked as usual
biggie
post Sep 9 2017, 09:23 AM

Regular
1,267 posts

From the moments that i used phones i always hate hairline scratches, and thats why i always invest on sp. The when someone come with tg, i start using that as well.

After htc one x with bulging camera, i start using back case, to protect the camera. Flip case or other type make the phone too bulky.

After i accidently dropped sony z1 compact break the front screen i become really careful. And start looking for protective cases type as well. But they are ugly!

with s7e which very difficult to find good sp and tg, i stick with cc, and try various back case. After some experiment i find spigen is good, the only one last monhs instead of weeks. In these experiments i conclude that clear case is bad, turn piss yellow in no time whatever brand i buy.

Now i own s8 i continue with cc, and i looking at ring case as it will reduce the chance of me dropping the phone. Weakness, with the ring no wireless charging...so the experiment continues.
biggie
post Sep 10 2017, 10:03 AM

Regular
1,267 posts

QUOTE(samsungXP @ Sep 10 2017, 09:40 AM)
Wat unlock matters u all use ? Look like iris is the fastest unlock way
Start with iris but now i find that i mostly use pattern as lazy to lift up the phone. To use fingerprint also need to liftup phone.

Speedwise all same to me, just convenience sake
biggie
post Sep 14 2017, 08:03 AM

Regular
1,267 posts

I have been using Itian wireless charger for nearly two years, bought 3 of them at RM150, so I put one on my office table, one in living room and one in bedroom. With AOD the phone always serves as table clock.

Fast charging if use the right cable, but then I it is not that necessary.
biggie
post Sep 14 2017, 01:49 PM

Regular
1,267 posts

1) Yes, wireless charger is slower then cable, and for the two++ years that I am using this cheap Itian charger, most of the time the charge will be slower (not by much) then direct cable.

2) Yes, I did stay same place for some time. Thats why (a) Location 1: on my office table (b) Location 2: Living room where I watch TV © Location 3: Bedroom

3) Why I am using it.. convenience. Every time I reach the place, put it on the charger and with AOD I can also see the notifications etc. Thats why after s7e I do not upgrade to HTCU11 or SonyXZ premium.

4) If you are the kind who use the phone while its charging, the the wireless charging will not be for you. Impossible to use phone as it is wirelessly charging.

biggie
post Sep 14 2017, 09:48 PM

Regular
1,267 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Sep 14 2017, 09:13 PM)
For those who are using Clear coat, I have lost my receipt, only have the softcopy.  Will that be enough if I wanna ask for replacement?
I always use softcopy, put them in onedrive. No problem so far.

Most of the time never check also, just make sure still has the old one

This post has been edited by biggie: Sep 14 2017, 09:49 PM
biggie
post Sep 15 2017, 04:41 AM

Regular
1,267 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Sep 14 2017, 10:29 PM)
Nice.

How many times you guys change la?
On average I change once every two months or more. Usually I have lints or dust at the edges.
biggie
post Sep 16 2017, 07:59 AM

Regular
1,267 posts

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Sep 15 2017, 09:21 AM)
If I wanna change the hack panel to the anti fingerprint one. Do you know how much I have to top up? Right now I am using full clear. Haha.
If not mistaken about RM20 to change from clear to matt
biggie
post Sep 22 2017, 11:32 AM

Regular
1,267 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Sep 21 2017, 10:39 PM)
Is there an app that automatically change Home Screen wallpaper like Windows 10 Live?

For each defined duration; i.e. 30 minutes
i used to use wallpaper changer that can change homescreen wallpaper automatically from folder of your choice. Zed and few other wallpaper app can also change wallpaper from the set of downloaded favourites. Arrow launcher can also change homescreen automatically. Google wallpaper app also can change homescreen wallpaper automatically.

my only gripe is that i am looking for an app that can also change lockscreen wallpaper. So far i got picturesque and Next lockscreen which can change lockscreen automatically. Any others?

biggie
post Sep 22 2017, 04:01 PM

Regular
1,267 posts

QUOTE(David83 @ Sep 22 2017, 01:27 PM)
Google Wallpaper crashed.
Some people complained that it crashed on S8 series and Note 8.
Yes found that out as well. Currently my set-up is a combination of arrow and picturesque. Now cannot use iris lock

From past experience i will stop using after bing picture of the day become not the type i like.
biggie
post Sep 28 2017, 02:28 PM

Regular
1,267 posts

QUOTE(ScivanShimitar @ Sep 28 2017, 10:22 AM)
Mane the much anticipated RhinoShield Bumper Case doesn't go well with my clearcloat. Its peeling on the edges of top and bottom.

1. Ditch RM110 Rhinoshield
2. Ditch RM170 Clearcoat and buy new protection

Either way heart still pain

user posted image
which clearcoat are you using? the full cover or case safe? I am using the case safe, and so far have no problems with all my casing. Do plan to get rhinnoshield
biggie
post Sep 28 2017, 08:17 PM

Regular
1,267 posts

QUOTE(ScivanShimitar @ Sep 28 2017, 07:33 PM)
Here's how it looks on Rhinoshield bumper case and clearcase
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Most probably using clearcoat case safe will be ok, anyway you can go and try its free. Most of the time i change my clearcoat due to accident during case which happen quite frequently wth 6 cases.
biggie
post Sep 28 2017, 09:34 PM

Regular
1,267 posts

After rm300 worth of tg and sp on s7e, i start using clearcoat for the free replacement. Upgrade to s8, after 1 week being naked put on clearcoat.
Everytime i go to sunway my phone got new screen

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0609sec    0.40    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:09 PM