Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 65" TV recommendation

views

Lfearlessly
post Nov 24 2020, 10:56 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 23 2020, 02:50 PM)
Okay , so I am trying to correct you at being wrong and I am being defensive .  Great .
It is fine if you insist you are right , perhaps you sleep better at night thinking you have bought the things you wanted despite of the truth .
What about the possibility of others reading your post and mistakenly bought something they didn't want to ?

I am involved in a lot of conversation concerning TVs not because I need to prove myself .
Correcting you here , will actually save me times from explaining to people who were confused about your claims and end up messaging my inbox .
The H9G Series has a native 10 bit color depth panel  , as shown below .

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The U8 series are using 8bit + RFC .

And just based on the inconsistency alone , this 2 TV cannot be the same model when both TV are using 2 screen of completely different bit depth .
Why ? Because of the cost and performance difference .
Also your so called 65 " Local Dimming H9 series are listed as having " only " 132 zones here . 
I cut the portion of the TV title (namely the size) and paste on the top of the specs since they cannot fit into one frame .
So whoever is right ? Who knows but I am thinking the review at AVforums make more sense now because they have only discovered 110 zones in the 55 " .

I also like how you have conveniently dodged the brightness gap numbers  , when there is almost 600 cd/m2 of difference [which is massive] between 2 TVs that have over 1000 nits peak brightness .
It will take a lot more power budget to increase 600 nits of luminance on TV that's over 1000 nits .

Clearly the H9G is one of the best LCD Hisense ever made beside their 8K TVs . If anything U8 has more resemblance with the H8 series .

There , be glad that I got your panties in a bunch so you don't wet them in an instant.
Can we buy H9G in Malaysia market? Or it's just exclusively for US or EU market?
Lfearlessly
post Nov 25 2020, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
104 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 24 2020, 06:10 PM)
You can't , we don't have a H9G equivalent model in the Malaysian Market . They are exclusive to the US and Canada region I believe .

We do have the U800QF model which is based on the U8QF series from the European region .

The U8QF has an 8 bit + RFC panel unlike the native 10 bit used by H9G .

Normally this isn't an issue because 8 bit + RFC can look almost as good as 10 bit with post-picture processing like the smooth gradation feature on LG , Samsung , Sony's TVs.
But in Hisense's current situation this can be problematic since their TV do not have smooth gradient features implemented .
Thank you so much for your kind explanation.
I'm currently looking for 65 inch smart tv, not sure which brand have good quality hmm.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0205sec    0.67    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 18th January 2021 - 09:07 AM