Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 65" TV recommendation

views

hahakat88
post Nov 21 2020, 07:58 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(Punish @ Nov 21 2020, 09:39 AM)
Guys anybody here got the x7500h....i was wondering since this year sony generous enough to give us the VA panel instead of ips on their budget tv the x7500h...i was hoping aits a decent enought VA panel....i  personally try to avoud ips due to its black level weekness...i dont really care much about the wide angle view...as long as its not too narrow like samsung panel im okay.... actually i can afforfthe x90h but...i dont play games..i think i dont need those 120hz...somore at most i gonna set the motion picture to "standard" setting which i think not gonna trigger the 120hz speed....so i was thinking maybe i can save alot of money by opting to x7500h instead since its sony VA panel ,and with their X1 processor...the hdr performance also not that bad....its just a notch below x80...what do guys think...the VA panel really temp me alot to the x7500h..
VA panel on x75 while IPS on x80?
stasio
post Nov 21 2020, 10:51 PM

10k Club
All Stars
17,464 posts

QUOTE(hahakat88 @ Nov 21 2020, 07:58 PM)
VA panel on x75 while IPS on x80?
Yup.... nod.gif
hahakat88
post Nov 21 2020, 11:14 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Nov 21 2020, 10:51 PM)
Yup.... nod.gif

but
X1 processor on x80 is better than x75 right.. alamak Sony..
Punish
post Nov 21 2020, 11:34 PM

Regular
1,984 posts

QUOTE(hahakat88 @ Nov 21 2020, 11:14 PM)
but
X1 processor on x80 is better than x75 right.. alamak Sony..
X7500H oso got x1 wor...
hahakat88
post Nov 21 2020, 11:50 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(Punish @ Nov 21 2020, 11:34 PM)
X7500H oso got x1 wor...
That means x75 sort of a better TV than x80.. isn't it. cheaper as well
Punish
post Nov 22 2020, 12:52 AM

Regular
1,984 posts

QUOTE(hahakat88 @ Nov 21 2020, 11:50 PM)
That means x75 sort of a better TV than x80.. isn't it. cheaper as well
In a way kinda...If you like me and really fancy VA panel over ips

That is why i ask if anybody here with x7500h care to comment how it perform...on spec sheet its kinda impressive but in realife i think we need to go to sony centre to compare side by side...in this pandemic time...i kinda scare to go to mall...

This post has been edited by Punish: Nov 22 2020, 12:55 AM
Convael
post Nov 22 2020, 04:15 AM

Enthusiast
822 posts

VA is NOT BETTER than IPS .

They are just panels , with 2 different types of characteristics .

A lot of monitors are still based on IPS because the viewing angles matter when you are sitting closer to the screen .

Also under the influence of ambient lights, it is pointless to talk about the contrast difference because you will be trying really hard to tell which is which .
That is why IPS TVs are still awesome as a bright living room TVs .

The VA screens have better contrast but it isn't up to the level of self emissive screen like OLEDs and PLASMA , where they can range from several hundreds of millions to infinitely better than typical LCD .
The numbers seem exaggerated but that is how it works for black levels .

That is when you can definitely tell the difference between very dark gray and black [where there is 0 lights emitting from it] even in a decently lit room .

So unless you are absolutely certain you are watching your TV in that little corner of a very dark room , IPS isn't such a bad choice afterall .

This post has been edited by Convael: Nov 22 2020, 05:29 AM
Punish
post Nov 22 2020, 07:46 AM

Regular
1,984 posts

I can easily differentiate between IPS and VA...i prefer VA over IPS because i dont watch my tv off angle for once...most of the time ppl will sit directly infront of the tv to enjoy the best experience...thus make the off angle advantage of IPS less important features, Next ofcuz the black level, for me the black level is important because when you got a better black color, naturally the other colors gonna pops up even more. Its hard to explain but with an IPS panel i always have a feeling theres a greyish tint or filter covering the whole screen....nmand yes its very obvious in a dark room...to make matters worst i got x80g and w800c in my house at the moment... straight away i can feel the feel my old w800c VA panel produce a better color compare to a modern IPS x80g modern tv...
hahakat88
post Nov 22 2020, 12:04 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(Punish @ Nov 22 2020, 07:46 AM)
I can easily differentiate between IPS and VA...i prefer VA over IPS because i dont watch my tv off angle for once...most of the time ppl will sit directly infront of the tv to enjoy the best experience...thus make the off angle advantage of IPS less important features, Next ofcuz the black level, for me the black level is important because when you got a better black color, naturally the other colors gonna pops up even more. Its hard to explain but with an IPS panel i always have a feeling theres a greyish tint or filter covering the whole screen....nmand yes its very obvious in a dark room...to make matters worst i got x80g and w800c in my house at the moment... straight away i can feel the feel my old w800c VA panel produce a better color compare to a modern IPS x80g modern tv...
based on this experience, it's really hard to choose already.. I'm different as I'll let my wife make the final call. 😂😂😂
Punish
post Nov 22 2020, 01:03 PM

Regular
1,984 posts

@hahakat88, u suggest you better go to sony centre do a side by side comparation before you make a decision.....and if you done that, if you have the time please do tell us here, whats your thoughts about it...
raist86
post Nov 22 2020, 04:25 PM

Regular
1,560 posts

was checking out sony 65x9000h today at a few stores..

Senheng quoted RM 6499 - RM 100 (member voucher) = RM 6399.
RM 625 ez credit to use for future purchase. Have ready stock.. Warranty 2 yrs + 2 yrs (citibank plusone member)

Local electrical store quoted me RM 6000.. 2 yrs warranty by Sony.

hmm.. Worth getting from Senheng? The credit rebate quite attractive.. On top of that, they offer trade in of old tv at RM 400.. but i think i can sell mine off at slightly higher on marketplace.
tom_k3nt
post Nov 22 2020, 09:37 PM

R - E -S - P - 3 -C - T
1,050 posts

Just went to Harvey Norman to compare 65" Sony X800H vs Samsung TU8500.

Really no idea which 1 to choose. Ideally I should go for the Sony as i putting it in a bright living room but when look at Samsung TV, their colour and contrast just pops.

The TV is buy for movies and TV show/Netflix and occasionally gaming. My mind is telling me go for Sony but my heart say TU8500 colours are more interesting.

Question:
1. I'll be using Denon AVR with 5.1.2 set up. Which brands works better with Denon?
2. Sony running android and Samsung is smart TV running tizen. Will android always have connectivity issue? My current sharp android TV always have to restart to view netflix. My Panasonic smart TV, rarely need to restart and reconnect.
3. Which TV nits higher? When watching netflix - Emily in Paris. The content is HDR. Watching on my none HDR Panasonic TV is bright and clear. BUT watching on my Sharp Android tv is very very dark. Sharp android will detect the content as HDR and play it in that format. It is super dark. No setting can adjust the brightness up. After I research notice is the brightness nits not up to standard. Seek your kind advise.

This post has been edited by tom_k3nt: Nov 22 2020, 09:38 PM
stasio
post Nov 22 2020, 11:07 PM

10k Club
All Stars
17,464 posts

QUOTE(tom_k3nt @ Nov 22 2020, 09:37 PM)
Just went to Harvey Norman to compare 65" Sony X800H vs Samsung TU8500.

Really no idea which 1 to choose. Ideally I should go for the Sony as i putting it in a bright living room but when look at Samsung TV, their colour and contrast just pops.

The TV is buy for movies and TV show/Netflix and occasionally  gaming. My mind is telling me go for Sony but my heart say TU8500 colours are more interesting.

Question:
1. I'll be using Denon AVR with 5.1.2 set up. Which brands works better with Denon?
2. Sony running android and Samsung is smart TV running tizen. Will android always have connectivity issue? My current sharp android TV always have to restart to view netflix. My Panasonic smart TV, rarely need to restart and reconnect.
3. Which TV nits higher? When watching netflix - Emily in Paris. The content is HDR. Watching on my none HDR Panasonic TV  is bright and clear. BUT watching on my Sharp Android tv is very very dark. Sharp android will detect the content as HDR and play it in that format. It is super dark. No setting can adjust the brightness up. After I research notice is the brightness nits not up to standard. Seek your kind advise.
For Sharp watching Netflix in HDR to get brighter ,pic setting HDR Gamma Adjustment -2...+2 (+2 is brightest) and other custom pic setting.
To compare x800H and TU8500 (nits,etc..) ,search in rtings.com (they test tu8000, so should be no problem).
tom_k3nt
post Nov 23 2020, 07:31 AM

R - E -S - P - 3 -C - T
1,050 posts

QUOTE(stasio @ Nov 22 2020, 11:07 PM)
For Sharp watching Netflix in HDR to get brighter ,pic setting HDR Gamma Adjustment -2...+2 (+2 is brightest) and other custom pic setting.
To compare x800H and TU8500 (nits,etc..) ,search in rtings.com (they test tu8000, so should be no problem).
For Sharp HDR settings, tried but still consider dark for my 50" android TV.
$kidzl
post Nov 23 2020, 08:24 AM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 16 2020, 01:02 PM)
I have no idea where did you read that , but no .

H9G is exclusive to the US & Canada region .
It’s just repackaged in a different name.

It’s pretty much a similar TV, with both having FALD and 180 dimming zones.

Convael
post Nov 23 2020, 11:05 AM

Enthusiast
822 posts

QUOTE($kidzl @ Nov 23 2020, 08:24 AM)
It’s just repackaged in a different name.

It’s pretty much a similar TV, with both having FALD and 180 dimming zones.
Who told you the U800F is having 180 dimming zones ?

According to the U8QF from European region, which is what our U800QF is loosely based on , "only" has 132 zones .
Again this is taken from what their official claims . One reviewer actually did the count with FALD counter clocking at 110 zone ; 11 vertical 10 horizontal , regardless of which that is quite a distance from the 180 you claimed .

The H9G series from US also packed with a 1800 cd/m2 peak brightness , where do you even see that U800QF can reach the same level ?

The Hisense model is also plagued with other PQ issues .
We have already reached the conclusion months ago , great hardware but lousy software .

This post has been edited by Convael: Nov 23 2020, 11:28 AM
WhitE LighteR
post Nov 23 2020, 11:29 AM

WhitE LighteR Is Black~
9,787 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 23 2020, 11:05 AM)
Who told you the U800F is having 180 dimming zones ?

According to the U8QF from European region, which is what our U800QF is loosely based on  , "only" has 132 zones .
Again this is taken from what their official claims . One reviewer actually did the count with FALD counter clocking at 110 zone ; 11 vertical 10 horizontal , regardless of which that is quite a distance from the 180 you claimed .
The H9G series from US also packed with a 1800 cd/m2 peak brightness , where do you even see that U800QF can reach the same level ?
The Hisense model is also plagued with other PQ issues .
We have already reached the conclusion months ago , great hardware but lousy software .
https://www.hisense.com.my/product/4k-uled-u800qf-series/

see under specs

Local dimming / Controllable Zones Yes / 180 zones
Convael
post Nov 23 2020, 11:34 AM

Enthusiast
822 posts

QUOTE(WhitE LighteR @ Nov 23 2020, 11:29 AM)
https://www.hisense.com.my/product/4k-uled-u800qf-series/

see under specs

Local dimming / Controllable Zones  Yes / 180 zones
Pretty sure they are lying then , how unfortunate .

There is no way they are launching an exclusively customized U800QF model just for Malaysia , adding 70 - 48 more dimming zones [ which would require them to scrap the entire vanilla design of the backlight frame] .

We already have several notable reviews on this TV model , for eg : our forum's all time favorite VincentTeoh :

and from Avforum's Phil Hinton
The Hisense U8QF is a 55-inch LED LCD TV which uses a Full Array Local Dimming (FALD) backlight with 132 separate zones. (We counted 110 zones using a FALD counter, so 11 Vertical and 10 Horizontal, but the Czech specification for the U8QF claim 132 on their website.

This post has been edited by Convael: Nov 23 2020, 11:55 AM
$kidzl
post Nov 23 2020, 01:50 PM

Getting Started
94 posts

QUOTE(Convael @ Nov 23 2020, 11:34 AM)
Pretty sure they are lying then , how unfortunate .

There is no way they are launching an exclusively customized U800QF model just for Malaysia , adding 70 - 48 more dimming zones [ which would require them to scrap the entire vanilla design of the backlight frame] .

We already have several notable reviews on this TV model  , for eg : our forum's  all time favorite VincentTeoh :

and from Avforum's Phil Hinton
Why are you getting so defensive?

The 55” does has 132 dimming zones, as correctly described in your attached video.

But the 65” inch has 180 dimming zones, which is just logical, where, they need to insert more dimming zones as the screen is larger.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/hise...83-d490880f3572

Don’t get your panties in a bunch.

Convael
post Nov 23 2020, 02:50 PM

Enthusiast
822 posts

QUOTE($kidzl @ Nov 23 2020, 01:50 PM)
Why are you getting so defensive?

The 55” does has 132 dimming zones, as correctly described in your attached video.

But the 65” inch has 180 dimming zones, which is just logical, where, they need to insert more dimming zones as the screen is larger.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/questions/hise...83-d490880f3572

Don’t get your panties in a bunch.
Okay , so I am trying to correct you at being wrong and I am being defensive . Great .

It is fine if you insist you are right , perhaps you sleep better at night thinking you have bought the things you wanted despite of the truth .
What about the possibility of others reading your post and mistakenly bought something they didn't want to ?

I am involved in a lot of conversation concerning TVs not because I need to prove myself .
Correcting you here , will actually save me times from explaining to people who were confused about your claims and end up messaging my inbox .

The H9G Series has a native 10 bit color depth panel , as shown below .

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

The U8 series are using 8bit + RFC .

And just based on the inconsistency alone , this 2 TV cannot be the same model when both TV are using 2 screen of completely different bit depth .
Why ? Because of the cost and performance difference .

Also your so called 65 " Local Dimming H9 series are listed as having " only " 132 zones here .
I cut the portion of the TV title (namely the size) and paste on the top of the specs since they cannot fit into one frame .
So whoever is right ? Who knows but I am thinking the review at AVforums make more sense now because they have only discovered 110 zones in the 55 " .

I also like how you have conveniently dodged the brightness gap numbers , when there is almost 600 cd/m2 of difference [which is massive] between 2 TVs that have over 1000 nits peak brightness .
It will take a lot more power budget to increase 600 nits of luminance on TV that's over 1000 nits .

Clearly the H9G is one of the best LCD Hisense ever made beside their 8K TVs . If anything U8 has more resemblance with the H8 series .

There , be glad that I got your panties in a bunch so you don't wet them in an instant.

This post has been edited by Convael: Nov 23 2020, 03:49 PM

88 Pages « < 74 75 76 77 78 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0398sec    0.14    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th January 2021 - 04:59 AM