Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> AIRBNB Experience ? > Hotel, pls share your exp as well

views

pr0pofol
post Sep 5 2017, 10:08 AM

Getting Started
149 posts

good experience with airbnb at osaka

what i really hate about airbnb is that it doesn't show the exact location of the house on the map. donno why. makes it much easier to choose if they specifically tell.
say_xtr
post Sep 5 2017, 10:09 AM

Getting Started
195 posts

Experienced took Airbnb at London, Paris, Amsterdam, Swiss and Italy on my last trip to Europe. Except in Germany I took hotel.

I would say WORTH than hotel. All the Airbnb house/apartment/studio way better than hotel in Europe. Some host are helpful, they even fetch me from airport for free and leave some snacks for free.

Airbnb concept is just like Uber/Grab service. Owner didn't even own a hotel but they are doing well established hotel around the world.

Never experience Airbnb within Malaysia. Please provide feedback here those who experienced it.

:3mushy:3
post Sep 5 2017, 10:11 AM

<--~(--+<[o]>+--)~-->
4,720 posts

Depends on lots of factors, both good and bad.
zeese
post Sep 5 2017, 10:15 AM

Warning Level
1,805 posts

i had great experience .. not in tokyo.. but perth.. rent whole bungalow at much cheaper price than a queen bed hotel..
Zoopdiidoo
post Sep 5 2017, 10:15 AM

Getting Started
216 posts

Airbnb in Europe. Cheap...mostly all below RM200 per night for two.

London,
When entered the listing..No electricity. Room was reeking of rotting food. Cos the previous tenant did not throw away the rubbish. All kept in plastic and put at one corner of the room. Though it was time for checkin the place was not kept ready and clean yet. This was the worst. Dirty and musty. Couldnt contact the host. Cutlery all already oxidizing.

Paris,
Most of the houses there are old some hundreds of years old. The one i had here the listing is 5th floor with no elevator. I had to carry a huge luggage up the stairs. My hand got numbed.
And the places are old and creaky. You can hear every step you take. The couple whom hosted us were great. Woke up early in the morning. Greeted by the GF in her tank top with two dots pointing out. hahaha. Tis couple was accommodating and gave us lots of tips for sightseeing. We talked a bit..now we are fb friends.

Stayed in one listing...in Brussels, he labelled every single items in his house. How to flush, don't leave the doors open, how to lock the doors, which pots and pans to use, wash those items you used, where to put your stuff when you bath. Some of the reviews labelled him a Nazi. But he did explain the reasoning for his labels is because he is not always around and he kept getting calls from the renters asking him ..how to use this and that in the house. Sometimes if he busy and doesn't respond to their calls they get frustrated so he labelled all the instructions in the house.

Berlin
Lugging heavy suitcase up stairs again...listing said 3rd floor but seems like 5th floor instead. Student house, few ppl chipped in and rented the entire place .This one damn kiam siap no heating outside the room. Even bath with the window open with the autumn wind coming in. Shivering in the bathroom. Host didnt speak a word of english ...haha so we didnt talk much. Just nod heads and say hi hi. Nice kebab stand nearby ....mmmm

Munich
This was the best. New condo. Everything new and the rooms were spacious. Damn the toilet fits two ppl. essential oils branded shamppoo and shower gel and lotions for us to use. hipster modern gay couple lived there. So the house was very modern minimalistic, super nice and cosy. one of them is a chef ..the other is a H&M decorator. HE kept two mannequins in the house doorway which shocked us at night every time we left our room ...like two dark shadows staring at us ..lol

Amsterdam
This one like proper hotel bnb. Runned solely for biz. Like any regular hotel. This one clean and spotless....plus its new so okla....but damn far from amsterdam. Took the bus from first stop to the last stop of the route to get to the place.

Salzburg
This one not much recollection. Just okla...Not so clean not so dirty. Was just alright. Can get to city center fast to take the bus heading for Hallstatt.

Tokyo Ginza,
Rented this specifically cos wanted to go tsukiji early in the morning. Room was super tight yo. one single bed...and then one futon. Unfold futon you have around 2x1 meter of space left to put luggage (medium size) and shoes. And you cannot open the door d. Damn. expensive some more but within 5 mins walk to tsukiji and ginza area.

Overall AirBNB okla...they are cheaper sometimes and you get to mingle with the host. Learn a lot talking from them and hearing their stories. As Gratitude we always cooked dinner and offer them to eat. except for the one in tokyo...nvr met the host.

This post has been edited by Zoopdiidoo: Sep 5 2017, 10:19 AM
Vinci777
post Sep 5 2017, 10:22 AM

No Title
1,613 posts

Airbnb also depends on luck. Sometimes the property is not clean even its Japan. However, you get what you pay
fapman
post Sep 5 2017, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
122 posts

Only tried once & so far so good.
Virlution
post Sep 5 2017, 11:19 AM

Casual
343 posts

QUOTE(LegendLee @ Sep 5 2017, 08:13 AM)
Personally.
I believe if nothing goes wrong.
Airbnb provides more value than a hotel of the same price at the same location.
if things go wrong and higher chance things can go wrong with AirBnB compare to Hotel.

When comparing both, how many star hotel you compare to? 1*-> 4*?
LegendLee
post Sep 5 2017, 11:31 AM

><3LG3|\|D
Group Icon
Elite
2,681 posts

QUOTE(Virlution @ Sep 5 2017, 11:19 AM)
if things go wrong and higher chance things can go wrong with AirBnB compare to Hotel.

When comparing both, how many star hotel you compare to? 1*-> 4*?
Yeah.
Which is why I say.
"If nothing goes wrong"

Compare against the same price point.
Eg: 1 room vs shared hostel
1 condo unit vs a 4 star hotel
1 extremely large condo unit vs a 5 star hotel.

For business. Definitely hotel is the way to go.
For leisure, esp in larger groups, Airbnb seems more worth while.
jmas
post Sep 5 2017, 11:42 AM

Enthusiast
755 posts

Tried AirBnB in Taiwan (illegal there...), overall better room compare to hotel, cheaper, better location.
Tried 2 different places, both only meet the owner upon reaching, then never again... Key just leave there.
TSMoonRider
post Sep 5 2017, 03:56 PM

It's Me That Sound Cute
2,296 posts

airbnb u can bawa food balik tapau makan...
mini orchard
post Sep 24 2017, 09:37 PM

10k Club
All Stars
13,913 posts

Whether hotel or home lodging, is subjective. Some may prefer a basic place to take bath and sleep. Others may want a better place after a long day outing.

Home lodging came about because hotels are unable to provide what certain group of travellers want .... the missing puzzle.

I have stayed in both hotels and home lodgings and have enjoyed my stayed and also encountered bad experiences. You will always be smarter in your next reservation.
J1g54w
post Sep 24 2017, 09:41 PM

Regular
1,449 posts

Depends on location. Some location Airbnb > hotel. Some location hotel > airbnb
meow2
post Sep 24 2017, 10:28 PM

Group Icon
Elite
23 posts

i have a very good experience with airbnb in few places

only one small thing that bother me, their feedback and rating system are very limited,
i can no longer submit any feedback to the host, i still felt i owe the host a good feedback biggrin.gif which i can't post for them anymore after the expiry date
meow2
post Sep 24 2017, 10:33 PM

Group Icon
Elite
23 posts

QUOTE(pr0pofol @ Sep 5 2017, 10:08 AM)
good experience with airbnb at osaka

what i really hate about airbnb is that it doesn't show the exact location of the house on the map. donno why. makes it much easier to choose if they specifically tell.
if airbnb give you the exact location, u can easily find the host and deal with the host without going tru airbnb payment system, thus airbnb not making any money

of course with airbnb as a middle man can secure your payment on the same time providing review and feedback system for you to review the host and guest, however some ppl are okay to deal with the host without going tru airbnb, just pay them with cash without middle man cost devil.gif
gogocan
post Sep 24 2017, 10:36 PM

Casual
450 posts

So far i've stay at 3 different airbnb accomodation around japan..so far the experience ia far better than hotel..can cook & wash and pretend living as a japanese.
frequency
post Sep 24 2017, 10:48 PM

我要挑战十个!
2,552 posts

used airbnb while having trip in Seoul

hassle free check in (host give the password) with digital lock
free wifi, full kitchen accessible
we only met the host once and had some chat but he was very helpful in whatsapp.

I think more homie experience
meow2
post Sep 24 2017, 10:50 PM

Group Icon
Elite
23 posts

QUOTE(Contestant @ Sep 24 2017, 10:47 PM)
Never use airbnb before. When do they give u the exact location? After u pay?
i message them asking for actual address biggrin.gif
only do this if you are comfortable to deal without airbnb, which is not always recommended, so any risks you bear on your own

and also some of the host may not be comfortable to deal this way either, cuz they want to see your rating and reviews as a guest as well.

This post has been edited by meow2: Sep 24 2017, 10:53 PM
NicJolin
post Sep 24 2017, 11:01 PM

Stop monitoring =)
1,034 posts

stayed at airbnb at KL, korea, japan, shanghai, hongkong, macao all pleasant experience
PetomJL
post Sep 24 2017, 11:21 PM

Getting Started
52 posts

More than 3 people I'll definitely look for Airbnb.

So far great experience, all local stays.

Also looking for homestays via Airbnb is better, because it seems that ppl that join Airbnb are more upscale people hence you get better quality accomodations.

And the best part it is cheap and you get credit for recommending friends (that's what I do lol, so much savings for stay). Anyways PM me if you want RM105 off for first time booking (kenot put my referral link here haha).

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0146sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:03 PM