Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Lousy Head Unit, Amplifier to boost audio quality?

views

TSdiversity
post Sep 1 2017, 09:03 PM, updated 7y ago

Regular
1,178 posts

Hi all,

Currently using a lousy head unit player (made in china HMH brand) in my car. No plans to change it because I'm using its bluetooth function to play songs from my phone.

The problem with the head unit is that, it caused my front sound to be imbalanced, left side louder than right side which is very soft. And the audio quality is vary from time to time. For example, on some days the sound quality is bad..whereby high bass songs will easily crack. Whereas on some days, the audio quality is superrr good and crisp with no cracks at all when you pump up the volume.

Definitely not speaker problems, as I've just changed both front and back to new Sony Speakers.

So with no intention to change the unit, can I rectify the problem by installing an amplifier in the car? I read that it will boost the power output of the HU to better the sound quality?

Appreciate any advices / feedbacks.

Tq.

This post has been edited by diversity: Sep 1 2017, 09:04 PM
akallen
post Sep 2 2017, 10:23 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(diversity @ Sep 1 2017, 09:03 PM)
Hi all,

Currently using a lousy head unit player (made in china HMH brand) in my car. No plans to change it because I'm using its bluetooth function to play songs from my phone.

The problem with the head unit is that, it caused my front sound to be imbalanced, left side louder than right side which is very soft. And the audio quality is vary from time to time. For example, on some days the sound quality is bad..whereby high bass songs will easily crack. Whereas on some days, the audio quality is superrr good and crisp with no cracks at all when you pump up the volume.

Definitely not speaker problems, as I've just changed both front and back to new Sony Speakers.

So with no intention to change the unit, can I rectify the problem by installing an amplifier in the car? I read that it will boost the power output of the HU to better the sound quality?

Appreciate any advices / feedbacks.

Tq.
When your head unit is bad.. no matter how good ur speakers are.. it will sound bad...

TSdiversity
post Sep 2 2017, 11:06 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

QUOTE(akallen @ Sep 2 2017, 10:23 PM)
When your head unit is bad.. no matter how good ur speakers are.. it will sound bad...
actually it sound ok on most days. just some days easily crack.

i got a lazada voucher rm200. so wanna use it to buy amplifier if it can fix the issue, since i read that it can help.

cant buy any good HU within the 200 price range. Since my stupid HU lousy but compatible to my steering wheel, reverse camera and bluetooth
akallen
post Sep 3 2017, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
66 posts

QUOTE(diversity @ Sep 2 2017, 11:06 PM)
actually it sound ok on most days. just some days easily crack.

i got a lazada voucher rm200. so wanna use it to buy amplifier if it can fix the issue, since i read that it can help.

cant buy any good HU within the 200 price range. Since my stupid HU lousy but compatible to my steering wheel, reverse camera and bluetooth
Maybe an eq can help
TSdiversity
post Sep 3 2017, 10:53 PM

Regular
1,178 posts

QUOTE(akallen @ Sep 3 2017, 10:33 PM)
Maybe an eq can help
Already using eq via arise sound system in my oneplus one . would an additional amplifier help as well?
Audio Master
post Nov 16 2017, 05:48 PM

0 posts

as u mention, sometimes ok sometimes not ok, and its give you inbalance sounding... as u mention clearly... HU is the main issue... then change the HU... no matter what u add be it amp or bla bla... its wont help... cuz the main isssue is HU
wira_laju
post Nov 17 2017, 06:57 PM

Getting Started
235 posts

Buy 2din player.no need amp lah.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.54    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:14 PM