Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

iPad Pro cheap?

views

TSIkiNik
post Aug 30 2017, 01:26 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
58 posts

So I found a seller selling iPad Pro 9.7, 32 GB wifi for only RM 2000.

Is it consider cheap at that price? I'm looking to pick up the iPad Pro right now. Also wonder if iPad Pro is worth the money for student like me who currently studying engineering.

Would really appreciate a feedback biggrin.gif
matrix88
post Aug 30 2017, 01:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,099 posts

Make sure it's original
TSIkiNik
post Aug 30 2017, 01:43 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(matrix88 @ Aug 30 2017, 01:29 AM)
Make sure it's original
Yeah currently watching tonnes of iPad Pro related vids to know more about the device. The Price tag really raise some concern so I'm going to meet with him tomorrow to see the item.

Granted that it's only the tablet he's selling but still...
Fzeo
post Aug 30 2017, 01:57 AM

Casual
451 posts

was selling it for 2k. helping a friend to sell. almost every few month company give him present.

so, becoming prudential agent sure get one.
TSIkiNik
post Aug 30 2017, 02:03 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(Fzeo @ Aug 30 2017, 01:57 AM)
was selling it for 2k. helping a friend to sell. almost every few month company give him present.

so, becoming prudential agent sure get one.
Woah that is one hell of a perk.
Thanks for the insight! Now at least I know that there are some people out there who does sell iPad Pro for 2k. Can rest a bit easy. Maybe the guy is legit.
Fzeo
post Aug 30 2017, 10:58 AM

Casual
451 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Aug 30 2017, 02:03 AM)
Woah that is one hell of a perk.
Thanks for the insight! Now at least I know that there are some people out there who does sell iPad Pro for 2k. Can rest a bit easy. Maybe the guy is legit.
go apply as part time agent at prudential.

reach KPI for each event will get iphone, ipad, fitbit, etc.
lockheed90
post Aug 30 2017, 12:03 PM

Getting Started
271 posts

My bro got one 2nd hand 9.7 inch 256gb with cellular for RM2k..so I guess the price u got offered is a bit high
TSIkiNik
post Aug 30 2017, 02:00 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

Today meet up went well! The iPad Pro the guy was selling was legit.

After a bit of persuasion, I was able to get the iPad not for 2k, but 1.75k biggrin.gif !

With that I got the iPad pro, smart cover and Paperlike screen protector which cost around 150.

It's a steal and I'm a happy customer today. Bless the dude for being a very chill guy.
Mavik
post Aug 30 2017, 06:20 PM

Patience is a virtue
Group Icon
Elite
7,716 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Aug 30 2017, 02:00 PM)

After a bit of persuasion, I was able to get the iPad not for 2k, but 1.75k biggrin.gif !

With that I got the iPad pro, smart cover and Paperlike screen protector which cost around 150.

It's a steal and I'm a happy customer today. Bless the dude for being a very chill guy.
Congrats on the purchase, definitely a good price with all the goodies included as well.
Arvinaaaaa
post Aug 31 2017, 09:57 AM

Peace :D
3,897 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Aug 30 2017, 01:26 AM)
So I found a seller selling iPad Pro 9.7, 32 GB wifi for only RM 2000.

Is it consider cheap at that price? I'm looking to pick up the iPad Pro right now. Also wonder if iPad Pro is worth the money for student like me who currently studying engineering.

Would really appreciate a feedback  biggrin.gif
Personally i would recommend u to just get the 2017 cersion of the ipad pro (10.5 inch)

The display is just gorgeous with that 120hz refresh rate and the specs are behemoth

But if u got a budget that the previous 9.7 inch pad pro is good too especially at that price

Me as a fresh graduate engineer can tell u that i didnt use the iPad for any single engineering stuff lol except for my slides (lecture notes) in google drive..i thought ill use the ipad pro but ended up playing games je with it and i used my laptop more in the end hahaha..even now at work i use laptop je
westlife
post Sep 3 2017, 07:06 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,313 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Aug 30 2017, 02:00 PM)

iPad Pro 9.7 inch is a transition product.
TSIkiNik
post Sep 8 2017, 02:35 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(Arvinaaaaa @ Aug 31 2017, 09:57 AM)
Personally i would recommend u to just get the 2017 cersion of the ipad pro (10.5 inch)

The display is just gorgeous with that 120hz refresh rate and the specs are behemoth

But if u got a budget that the previous 9.7 inch pad pro is good too especially at that price

Me as a fresh graduate engineer can tell u that i didnt use the iPad for any single engineering stuff lol except for my slides (lecture notes) in google drive..i thought ill use the ipad pro but ended up playing games je with it and i used my laptop more in the end hahaha..even now at work i use laptop je
Almost a week into using the ipad and can definitely say i didnt use it much yet biggrin.gif
Granted it’s still first week so no lecture yet. But im surprised that i dont find myself playing games on it.

I personally find the store to be rather lacking on games that attract my attention! On the other hand, media consumption is a breeze. Its really a good device to watch movie.
TSIkiNik
post Sep 8 2017, 02:47 PM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Sep 3 2017, 07:06 PM)
iPad Pro 9.7 inch is a transition product.
I suppose so. Specs wise its quite lower than the new version. 2gb ram with a9x processor compare to the a10x with 4gb ram. Not to mention mine is 32gb version so space is going to become a problem soon.
Ignoring the device storage, Apple is known for being able to squeeze good perfomance out of small specs sheets. So im quite sure the one im using now will do just fine.

In any case, i really like Pro 9.7”. The 2017, 10” version is a beast alright but i find the 9.7” to be a much comfortable size to work with. Im actually glad the large bezels on mine doesnt bother me much!

Arvinaaaaa
post Sep 8 2017, 06:29 PM

Peace :D
3,897 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Sep 8 2017, 02:35 PM)
Almost a week into using the ipad and can definitely say i didnt use it much yet  biggrin.gif
Granted it’s still first week so no lecture yet. But im surprised that i dont find myself playing games on it.

I personally find the store to be rather lacking on games that attract my attention! On the other hand, media consumption is a breeze. Its really a good device to watch movie.
I TRYING SO HARD NOT TO SAY IT BUT...

I told u so
shennwuu
post Sep 9 2017, 02:43 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Sep 8 2017, 02:35 PM)
Almost a week into using the ipad and can definitely say i didnt use it much yet  biggrin.gif

No matter how, you bought an iPad Pro, you don't just use it, YOU UTILISE IT! Well, most of the people said it is a device for media consuming. I am an Engineer student who using iPad throughout my college life, it's been forth year now and I become more relying on it as my only notebook, my bag, my library, my daily planner, my media, entertainment, travel companion, photo editing (it handles RAW)... I am not bluffing here and I knew, I spent thousands for it so I won't just leave it there.

You probably need sometime shopping on App Store. iOS 11 makes App store better and more organised, wait for the update dude.

Feel free to PM me for some ideas. I will try my best to share how I am using it for my academic.

shennwuu
post Sep 9 2017, 02:51 AM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(gorodaimon94 @ Sep 9 2017, 02:45 AM)
Why la ask stupid question. Go check the price on official Apple website la!
Stay low if you can't help, no one blames.
westlife
post Sep 9 2017, 01:23 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,313 posts

QUOTE(IkiNik @ Sep 8 2017, 02:47 PM)
I suppose so. Specs wise its quite lower than the new version. 2gb ram with a9x processor compare to the a10x with 4gb ram. Not to mention mine is 32gb version so space is going to become a problem soon.
Ignoring the device storage, Apple is known for being able to squeeze good perfomance out of small specs sheets. So im quite sure the one im using now will do just fine.

In any case, i really like Pro 9.7”. The 2017, 10” version is a beast alright but i find the 9.7” to be a much comfortable size to work with. Im actually glad the large bezels on mine doesnt bother me much!
when going pro no point to get 32gb version or even the 64gb version as it is going to be a huge bottleneck later on.
32gb or 64gb version should be only for those who get the 9.7inch 2017 version for light usage.
shennwuu
post Sep 9 2017, 01:36 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Sep 9 2017, 01:23 PM)
when going pro no point to get 32gb version or even the 64gb version as it is going to be a huge bottleneck later on.
32gb or 64gb version should be only for those who get the 9.7inch 2017 version for light usage.
I dont find the necessity to have more than 32GB storage. Nowadays we don’t really need to keep so many onboard memory as we have fast network now, perhaps you need some movies in your iPad ocassionally.

If you need storage for files, go clouds. It’s 2017 now, we have Mega (50GB,free) , Google Drive, One Drive, iCloud, Dropbox and a lot more. I have all clouds listed and still find 32GB is not a hassle. I once used 16GB iPad Air 2 for my academic and my primary device and yet I “survived” happily with it.

If you need more storage which allow instant transfer, get a external hard drive (anykind), and get the new Apple Lightning to USB adapter, it is an upgrade from the previous as it is now having a lightning port for power supply, it means your iPad can draw files from those usb device which need higher power than what your iPad can supply through lightning port. And it cost only RM189!

https://www.apple.com/my/shop/product/MK0W2...dapter?fnode=91
westlife
post Sep 9 2017, 02:18 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,313 posts

QUOTE(shennwuu @ Sep 9 2017, 01:36 PM)
I dont find the necessity to have more than 32GB storage. Nowadays we don’t really need to keep so many onboard memory as we have fast network now, perhaps you need some movies in your iPad ocassionally.

If you need storage for files, go clouds. It’s 2017 now, we have Mega (50GB,free) , Google Drive, One Drive, iCloud, Dropbox and a lot more. I have all clouds listed and still find 32GB is not a hassle. I once used 16GB iPad Air 2 for my academic and my primary device and yet I “survived” happily with it.

If you need more storage which allow instant transfer, get a external hard drive (anykind), and get the new Apple Lightning to USB adapter, it is an upgrade from the previous as it is now having a lightning port for power supply, it means your iPad can draw files from those usb device which need higher power than what your iPad can supply through lightning port. And it cost only RM189!

https://www.apple.com/my/shop/product/MK0W2...dapter?fnode=91
good for u if u can make urself survived with it but it is certainly not everyone.

cloud storage only works provided if you have Super high bandwidth internet which in bolehland there are still many ppl are using Super slow streamyx ADSL Internet. Accessing a productivity files or music files using cloud is certainly not a problem. But For one to access a huge video files or even editing videos using cloud is still a joke given the latency. Not to mention if someone is to do this on the move while the data is not unlimited.

and if one need to buy external storage like u mention, it already means that the storage is Nor even enough like u said in the first place. And Nor to mention the performance of the external storage vs the lighting fast built-in storage is totally a different story. In addition, bringing external storage alongside with mobile devices like ipad already defeats the purpose of it.

Not to forget. New iPad Pro comes with superb camera of iphone 7 which a lot of ppl can use it to create content, 32gb storage will be a joke of it.

IPad Pro is an expensive device to purchase in the first place, I do not see the reason why someone needs to 'cheap' out and Nor getting the mid tier storage option by paying a fraction of the total price of it.

shennwuu
post Sep 9 2017, 02:39 PM

Getting Started
183 posts

QUOTE(westlife @ Sep 9 2017, 02:18 PM)
good for u if u can make urself survived with it but it is certainly not everyone.

cloud storage only works provided if you have Super high bandwidth internet which in bolehland there are still many ppl are using Super slow streamyx ADSL Internet. Accessing a productivity files or music files using cloud is certainly not a problem. But For one to access a huge video files or even editing videos using cloud is still a joke given the latency. Not to mention if someone is to do this on the move while the data is not unlimited.

and if one need to buy external storage like u mention, it already means that the storage is Nor even enough like u said in the first place. And Nor to mention the performance of the external storage vs the lighting fast built-in storage is totally a different story. In addition, bringing external storage alongside with mobile devices like ipad already defeats the purpose of it.

Not to forget. New iPad Pro comes with superb camera of iphone 7 which a lot of ppl can use it to create content, 32gb storage will be a joke of it.

IPad Pro is an expensive device to purchase in the first place, I do not see the reason why someone needs to 'cheap' out and Nor getting the mid tier storage option by paying a fraction of the total price of it.
Then why did Apple produce the base model? And why did workarounds doesn’t help or as you said defeat it?

There are a lot of people bought base model out there,32GB or 64GB. You had complain so much of it and said we cheap out the iPads, do you think we are going to return it and change? Hell no, why don’t just suggest some workarounds and help people?

We, as base model user perhaps utilise more than those using mid tier or higher tier storage option. We are not “bolehpeople” who afford another 500bucks upgrade and we might under utilise the storage. Installing thousands apps doesn’t help you to be more productive. You UTILISE to be productive. With RM189, I am able to use a thin 1TB external storage which allowing files transfer between PC and iPad. If as what you said keeping all those high memory size photos or content, how do you going to export it out, not flexible right?

iOS 11 is so intelligent to convert the photos into a format even smaller than jPeg while having better quality. I am a iPhoneographer and I am taking RAW using iPhone, editing RAWs on iPhone, creating travel videos out of it and yes, I am using 64GB. Clear those unwanted files occasionally and you will find 64 or 32GB is useful.

Your suggestions perhaps useful for those users who are rich or who really wanna create a lot of art content on-the-go. But for those or like the host of this topic, he need it for college and not for content creating, might as well suggesting them on how to utilise more than what you think your iPad might give or restrict. Plenty of apps and workarounds waiting for you to discover it instead of being a dumb user relying on what iPad can gives you at the meanwhile.

I am discussing at a student standpoint. We only afford a base model which we looking forward to digitalise our documents. Nice discussion with you by the way, at least I see a view from a content user.

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.43    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:13 PM