Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

inactive/dormant Touch n Go card?

views

TSlightbringer
post Aug 22 2017, 01:36 PM, updated 7y ago

Casual
391 posts

Today when I went to petrol station to try and reload my Touch n Go card, the cashier told me that the card is probably inactive as it is not found in the database.

It make sense because there was a 2 years period when I did not use my card at all. However, what doesn't make sense is the fact that I used my card for LRT ride on December last year.
user posted image
You can see that the last transaction was made on December last year, and yet my card status is inactive (and is probably already inactive when I was making that last transaction).

Why was I able to use my Touch n Go card even though it is inactive?

This post has been edited by lightbringer: Aug 22 2017, 01:40 PM
Kilohertz
post Aug 22 2017, 02:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,172 posts

QUOTE(lightbringer @ Aug 22 2017, 01:36 PM)
Today when I went to petrol station to try and reload my Touch n Go card, the cashier told me that the card is probably inactive as it is not found in the database.

It make sense because there was a 2 years period when I did not use my card at all. However, what doesn't make sense is the fact that I used my card for LRT ride on December last year.
user posted image
You can see that the last transaction was made on December last year, and yet my card status is inactive (and is probably already inactive when I was making that last transaction).

Why was I able to use my Touch n Go card even though it is inactive?
Probably you can go to their KL Sentral office and enquire about it.
doremon
post Aug 22 2017, 07:38 PM

eMPtiNess =`(
2,607 posts

Go to nusentral tng to sort ot out. They will try to refund back your tng credit. You need to get new tng btw. Fyi.
sp6068
post Aug 22 2017, 07:47 PM

Lights Out and Away We Go!
1,604 posts

U can find info bout reactivating card or getting balance from their tnc sheet. Sendiri find I lazy to find tongue.gif

http://www.touchngo.com.my/WebLITE/Applica...d_29.5.2017.pdf
audi5775
post Aug 24 2017, 04:47 AM

23 posts

I also kena this before.... apparently, my TNG card needs to be used every few months to keep active. If not mistaken it's at least once every 6 mths. Or else it will lapse into dormant stage. I called TNG to ask when suddenly my card could not reload at shell station. So the TNG hotline can help arrange refund for the card balance (processing wait 2 mths) but in the end get money back. Need to buy new card again after that LOL

This post has been edited by audi5775: Aug 24 2017, 04:47 AM
huislaw
post Aug 25 2017, 01:24 PM

Regular
1,343 posts

My card must use at highway to keep it active. If use at mall parking only cannot keep it active.
mushigen
post Aug 25 2017, 08:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

Alternatively keep topping up small amount every 11 months
Or use MyKad, because it's supposed to not have expiry date.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:33 AM