Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Can Mitsubishi Xpander topple Honda BRV in 2018?

Expander to beat BRV?

1. Yes, the force is strong with this one [ 125 ] ** [56.82%]
2. No. Only in your dream [ 95 ] ** [43.18%]
Total Votes: 220
Guests cannot vote 
views

dstl1128
post Aug 22 2017, 10:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,444 posts

Depends Mitsubishi want to enter mass market or cater for niche only. Price n equipment list play an important role here.
dstl1128
post Aug 23 2017, 10:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,444 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 23 2017, 08:37 PM)
More like due to the SC being empty. ASX became non-relevant, and Attrage was even lesser found than Suzuki Alto. I've seen more Outlander than Attrage.

In the end still depends on price & equipment list.

dstl1128
post Aug 24 2017, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,444 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 09:29 AM)
The service level has no direct correlation with number of car sold

Take June 2017 YTD sales for example

Mitsubishi 3658
Volkswagen 2717
Ford 3089

If we choose to take the logic of more car sold than the service is weaker . In terms of service survey result , the brand ranking should have  been:

Volkswagen should be on the top follow by Ford and thereafter Mitsubishi. V>F>M

But the survey showed service ranking is M >V>F

If we refer further to other brand say Toyota which sold more car than than Nissan and Mazda by wide margin yet Toyota service is ranked #1
VW & Ford already known shitty SC regardless of quantity.

Toyota SC capacity is over the top, their SC capacity topped during their golden times. Now sales half of Honda, sure good. Anyone can walk in without booking. Try Honda, you need to pre-book months ahead.

Yes, it has correlation. But not for famous lousy SC brands like VW or Peugeot.

Let's see how Mitsubishi play this.

dstl1128
post Aug 24 2017, 07:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,444 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 02:50 PM)
Am not too sure that would be an accurate description of Toyota SC , walk in without booking  . So less car better service correlation is still inaccurate because there are other factors at play.

In any case, honda is now known as the group of lousy SC? That is why it is at the bottom even lower than VW and Ford.?

Given this as one of the consideration , (another being the declining build quality that was reported ), one have to think twice about buying another Honda surely? And this hesitation is perhaps a room of opportunity open for Mitsubishi or others to take advantage of?
Honda SC are too scarce & too limited to cater for the sales boom it got. Honda build quality has always been like that - uneven fittings of sorts but hardly heart-breaking compare to... the issue with VW/Peugeot, esp Peugeot, the bad reliability and bad responsibility from their respective SC.

Speaking of which, that 7yrs extension of Peugeot warranty seems more like 7yrs of vomiting dealing with the SC and not 7yrs of worry-free experience.

dstl1128
post Aug 24 2017, 10:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,444 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 09:03 PM)
Good sales boom can never be a good excuse for bad service. I hope Honda improve and show a better performance in future years but till then, perhaps you will excused me to be more inclined to Mitsubishi.

I speak.from experience as  my wife and I have owned and also had service experience from both Honda and Mitsubishi in KL area. And more than 5 years each brand. Honestly M>H as far as authorized SC is concerned
Inclined to any brand is alright. But ranking high in JD Power regarding service satisfactory doesn't mean it has brand power.

Anyway the car has yet to release... so hope Mitsu don't screw themselves.

dstl1128
post Aug 25 2017, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,444 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 04:06 AM)
The discussion was not never about brand power , it was about the service level of one brand which was consistently good (Top 3) and another which has declined dramatically.

Just look at the last 3 years JD power customer service index surveys and look at Mitsubishi and Honda and tell me what you see.

I would first like to know what were the surveys' questions and the sample size, then I could tell you more.

Still have to see their pricing & equipment list. They screwed themselves on Attrage.

IMO, cars below 100k, people tends to get tried & tested cars.
eg. RM70k +/- 5k will be Alza, Avanza, Vios, City, Jazz
eg. RM80k +/- 5k will be Vios, City, BRV, Jazz <--- Xpander in this range?
eg. RM100k +/- 5k will be City, HRV

Seems like the Xpander need to be better than BRV in the same time selling with similar price.

This post has been edited by dstl1128: Aug 25 2017, 09:15 AM
dstl1128
post Aug 25 2017, 02:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,444 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 11:57 AM)
How did Mazda CX5 unseated best selling c segment SUV from the long reigning honda CRV?
CRV from 3rd gen to .. the one before the current new one... basically same thing just change outlook getting uglier and uglier. Just happen CX5 came in the right moment. Even Nissan didn't bother to change their boxy X-Trail until the market saturated by CX5 and new CRV almost due. And Toyota didn't even bother with RAV4.

BRV is still fresh. And if Honda didn't up their SC, probably Xpander would steal some of the pie later on.

Or Honda thought BRV needed a facelift when Xpander debut here?

dstl1128
post Aug 26 2017, 07:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,444 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 10:46 PM)
Timing I agree play a role too.

High riding SUV like MPV is a newly catch on thing where ground clearance of 200mm is the expected minimum requirements

There are not many serious competition to BRV now. Any challenger will be a thing to be welcomed, at least buyer have more choices
I like. BRV class with ladder frame. tongue.gif Sort of Isuzu Mu-X but @ the price of BRV. Smaller & 2wd.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0464sec    0.71    9 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th May 2021 - 01:36 PM