Attached Image

https://www.kompas.tv/content/article/11366...enjualan-avanza

http://www.en.netralnews.com/news/business...s.at.2017.giias

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jun 3 2021, 12:40 AM
6UE5T
post Aug 21 2017, 11:06 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 21 2017, 11:00 PM)
Well at least it looks better then the BRV.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 22 2017, 08:41 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Aug 21 2017, 11:06 PM)
Well at least it looks better then the BRV.
Agree
Killmeplsok
post Aug 22 2017, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
152 posts

The brand power though, it's just not there.
dstl1128
post Aug 22 2017, 10:33 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

Depends Mitsubishi want to enter mass market or cater for niche only. Price n equipment list play an important role here.
Andrew_1980
post Aug 22 2017, 11:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
6,196 posts

The new Pajero sport still not here yet, will this all new model enter malaysia? hmm.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 22 2017, 11:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(Andrew_1980 @ Aug 22 2017, 11:30 AM)
The new Pajero sport still not here yet, will this all new model enter malaysia? hmm.gif
https://m.carlist.my/news/jakarta-2017-mits...n-nissan/46781/

Mitsubishi said yes according to Reuters report

AUTO NEWS
HANS  |  AUGUST 14, 2017 11:46 AM

Jakarta 2017: Mitsubishi To Export Xpander MPV To Malaysia In 2018, Confirmed As Next Generation Nissan MPV

Mitsubishi Motors have confirmed that the all-new seven-seater Xpander that has just made its global debut at the Gaikindo Indonesia International Auto Show (GIIAS) last week will be exported to neighbouring countries in the ASEAN region starting February 2018, reports Reuters.

The report by the London-based news agency quoted Mitsubishi Motors CEO Osamu Masuko as saying, "We will export this car across ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations) countries starting next February.”

It also added that exports will begin first for Philippines, followed by Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam......

destee88
post Aug 22 2017, 11:55 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

yes but BRV still hot sell than this Xpander off course , unkess it sell below BRV price , which is impossible
19 Degree South
post Aug 22 2017, 12:06 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

Toyoda Hiace also better looking!
sonic31s
post Aug 22 2017, 12:10 PM

Getting Started
212 posts

Price brings the big factor...

Sell it cheaper and equipped more fixtures..

It had a good changes.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 23 2017, 06:11 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

http://www.philstar.com/motoring/2017/08/2...arta?nomobile=1

Stole the show ?
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

That good?

Hmmmm...........

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 23 2017, 08:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(Killmeplsok @ Aug 22 2017, 09:34 AM)
The brand power though, it's just not there.
But the service is M>H by wide margin

http://www.jdpower.com/press-releases/jd-p...index-csi-study
dstl1128
post Aug 23 2017, 10:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 23 2017, 08:37 PM)
More like due to the SC being empty. ASX became non-relevant, and Attrage was even lesser found than Suzuki Alto. I've seen more Outlander than Attrage.

In the end still depends on price & equipment list.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 09:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Aug 23 2017, 10:44 PM)
More like due to the SC being empty. ASX became non-relevant, and Attrage was even lesser found than Suzuki Alto. I've seen more Outlander than Attrage.

In the end still depends on price & equipment list.
The service level has no direct correlation with number of car sold

Take June 2017 YTD sales for example

Mitsubishi 3658
Volkswagen 2717
Ford 3089

If we choose to take the logic of more car sold than the service is weaker . In terms of service survey result , the brand ranking should have been:

Volkswagen should be on the top follow by Ford and thereafter Mitsubishi. V>F>M

But the survey showed service ranking is M >V>F

If we refer further to other brand say Toyota which sold more car than than Nissan and Mazda by wide margin yet Toyota service is ranked #1
zweimmk
post Aug 24 2017, 09:50 AM

On my way
512 posts

This data may be 10 years old and I'm a bit lazy to try to look up on the sales data -

In 2006, the Civic 8 was released. But in 2007 - Mitsubishi tried to one up Honda with their Lancer X.
They did succeed for awhile - really good price and specs too. But eventually supply couldn't keep up with Demand and over that period of time, the Civic still came out the eventual winner.

So if history is any indication of how things will be, then the BRV is probably in a better position to fend off Mitsubishi
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 10:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 24 2017, 09:50 AM)
This data may be 10 years old and I'm a bit lazy to try to look up on the sales data -

In 2006, the Civic 8 was released. But in 2007 - Mitsubishi tried to one up Honda with their Lancer X.
They did succeed for awhile - really good price and specs too. But eventually supply couldn't keep up with Demand and over that period of time, the Civic still came out the eventual winner.

So if history is any indication of how things will be, then the BRV is probably in a better position to fend off Mitsubishi
That was when Mitsubishi was on their own. Everything was built by them and them alone?

This Xpander is going to be a shared cost model with Nissan for new grand Livina under the new Renault Nissan alliance.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-indonesi...s-idUSKBN1AQ1EE

if they can bring the cost down since the scale is up, which they should since now they could, then they have a better fighting chance if they translate that into a better equipped car with lower pricing

See the excitement as far as India below, already rendering is being drawn...LOL

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/08/2018-ni...endering-276407

jacobngen87
post Aug 24 2017, 10:16 AM

2 posts

The Mitsubishi looks nice.

But the price has to match the BRV

I like the Honda Shutter the most but it's not sold here

Seen quite a few in Spore

zweimmk
post Aug 24 2017, 10:46 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 10:04 AM)
That was when Mitsubishi was on their own. Everything was built by them and them alone?

This Xpander is going to be a shared cost model with Nissan for new grand Livina under the new Renault Nissan alliance.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-indonesi...s-idUSKBN1AQ1EE

if they can bring the cost down since the scale is up, which they should since now they could, then they have a better fighting chance if they translate that into a better equipped car with lower pricing
See the excitement as far as India below, already rendering is being drawn...LOL

http://indianautosblog.com/2017/08/2018-ni...endering-276407
Aye, I forgot about the new alliance. Haven't been following car news much in recent years.

But even taking recent events into account.

- The ASX, Outlander, Sylphy, Teana or the X-trail does not outsell Honda's Civic, Accord, HRV or CRV
- The Almera does not outsell the City/Vios.
- The Livina has held well against no/limited competition other than the outdated Rush and the overpriced Freed.
- Direct Rival for Livina seems to be the Toyota Sienta rather than the Honda BRV
- Mitsubishi most popular model is the Triton

Basing everything off memory so take its accuracy with a grain of salt.

If the Xpander is launched for both marques, wouldn't it be in Cantonese terms - Ghost hit Ghost?

This post has been edited by zweimmk: Aug 24 2017, 10:56 AM
aquilaTE
post Aug 24 2017, 10:51 AM

Casual
481 posts

Do have to admit it's quite a nice looking car as compared to BR-V. I do wish they have given a bit more techs and darker interior.

But then again, this is aimed to poke at the likes of mobilio, avanza...
HMMaster
post Aug 24 2017, 10:52 AM

10K Club
Group Icon
10,308 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Aug 22 2017, 11:55 AM)
yes but BRV still hot sell than this Xpander off course , unkess it sell below BRV price , which is impossible
Based on price listed in the screenshot, it is cheaper than the BRV. (at least in Indo)
destee88
post Aug 24 2017, 11:53 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(HMMaster @ Aug 24 2017, 10:52 AM)
Based on price listed in the screenshot, it is cheaper than the BRV. (at least in Indo)
indo off course,, in malaysia nope .. sure over RM90K .. thanks to our gomen for high tax ...
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Aug 24 2017, 10:51 AM)
Do have to admit it's quite a nice looking car as compared to BR-V. I do wish they have given a bit more techs and darker interior.

But then again, this is aimed to poke at the likes of mobilio, avanza...
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/08/mitsubi...s-leaked-277313

ada. sport variant.

[attachmentid=9075849]
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 01:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

@zweimmk

in Malaysia, Nissan has always been a weaker brand all along compare to Honda, so was Mitsubishi. No contest.

Nissan's design has always been dated due to TCM always slow slow bring in new models and by the time they do, they are dated on the date they are launched Unlike Honda always timely with their products refresh every few years.

But Mitsubishi is not under TCM....and guess what? In the context of South East Asia Mitsubishi is regarded higher than Nissan

https://asia.nikkei.com/Features/Multinatio...ast-Asia?page=2

Take a look at the market share of Mitsubishi vs Nissan in Thailand & Indonesia below

Attached Image

Despite having smaller product line up, M>N in these countries in terms of market share. But more importantly if you add the market shares of both brands, it becomes over or near Honda's

That is the power of the Alliance. If Mitsubishi as a stronger brand compares to Nissan now has access to the Alliance platform is able to expand their products offering (they need not start from ground up now) , just imagine the potential.

Last but not least guess who is #2 behind toyota in Philippine?
https://www.carmudi.com.ph/journal/local-au...-january-sales/

Xpander i reckon is just the start of exciting time ahead for Mitsubishi

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Aug 24 2017, 01:40 PM
raquinz
post Aug 24 2017, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

Xpander is definitely heavier and bigger than BRV but only have 104hp and using 4AT compared to BRV 120hp and using CVT..Wonder what is the fuel consumption eatw? Mitsubishi have not publish any figure for Xpander..
dstl1128
post Aug 24 2017, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 09:29 AM)
The service level has no direct correlation with number of car sold

Take June 2017 YTD sales for example

Mitsubishi 3658
Volkswagen 2717
Ford 3089

If we choose to take the logic of more car sold than the service is weaker . In terms of service survey result , the brand ranking should have  been:

Volkswagen should be on the top follow by Ford and thereafter Mitsubishi. V>F>M

But the survey showed service ranking is M >V>F

If we refer further to other brand say Toyota which sold more car than than Nissan and Mazda by wide margin yet Toyota service is ranked #1
VW & Ford already known shitty SC regardless of quantity.

Toyota SC capacity is over the top, their SC capacity topped during their golden times. Now sales half of Honda, sure good. Anyone can walk in without booking. Try Honda, you need to pre-book months ahead.

Yes, it has correlation. But not for famous lousy SC brands like VW or Peugeot.

Let's see how Mitsubishi play this.

zweimmk
post Aug 24 2017, 02:10 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 01:01 PM)
@zweimmk

in Malaysia, Nissan has always been a weaker brand all along compare to Honda, so was Mitsubishi. No contest.

Nissan's design has always been dated due to TCM always slow slow bring in new models and by the time they do, they are dated on the date they are launched Unlike Honda always timely with their products refresh every few years.

But Mitsubishi is not under TCM....and guess what? In the context of South East Asia Mitsubishi is regarded higher than Nissan

https://asia.nikkei.com/Features/Multinatio...ast-Asia?page=2

Take a look at the market share of Mitsubishi vs Nissan in Thailand & Indonesia below

Attached Image
Despite having smaller product line up, M>N in these countries in terms of market share. But more importantly if you add the market shares of both brands, it becomes over or near Honda's

That is the power of the Alliance. If Mitsubishi as a stronger brand compares to Nissan now has access to  the Alliance platform is able to expand their products offering (they need not start from ground up now) , just imagine the potential.
Last but not least guess who is #2 behind toyota in Philippine?
https://www.carmudi.com.ph/journal/local-au...-january-sales/

Xpander i reckon is just the start of exciting time ahead for Mitsubishi
I was only thinking about Malaysia, I didn't realize we were also talking about other markets. Quite surprised to learn how much volume they command with the treble alliance.

In Thailand, the combined sales of Nissan and Mitsubishi should equal or better Honda. But they are in decline. It is the same story in Indonesia. Therefore, they either need a product refresh or branding refocusing

So my opinion is they should let one of the brands retreat from both Thailand and Indonesia and even Philippines to avoid the ghost hit ghost scenario. It would make better sense to consolidate their operations to better improve overall operations and profits.

For example if Mitsubishi is doing better in most of the regional markets then perhaps Nissan should retreat and let Mitsubishi take over sales. They can always cross sell the type of cars:

Mitsubishi Almera instead of Attrage
Mitsubishi Triton and Naverra (one lower and one higher spec)
Mitsubishi Lancer (instead of calling it Slyphy)
Mitsubishi ASX + Outlander
Mitsubishi X-Trail
Mitsubishi Livina and Xpander (One is mini 7 seater and the other SUV)
Mitsubishi Diamente (but using Teana)
Mitsubishi Elgrand

The days of small independent manufacturer really looks bleaker everyday forward. Platform and parts sharing is really the way forward in reducing cost.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 02:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Aug 24 2017, 01:53 PM)
VW & Ford already known shitty SC regardless of quantity.

Toyota SC capacity is over the top, their SC capacity topped during their golden times. Now sales half of Honda, sure good. Anyone can walk in without booking. Try Honda, you need to pre-book months ahead.

Yes, it has correlation. But not for famous lousy SC brands like VW or Peugeot.

Let's see how Mitsubishi play this.
Am not too sure that would be an accurate description of Toyota SC , walk in without booking . So less car better service correlation is still inaccurate because there are other factors at play.

In any case, honda is now known as the group of lousy SC? That is why it is at the bottom even lower than VW and Ford.?

Given this as one of the consideration , (another being the declining build quality that was reported ), one have to think twice about buying another Honda surely? And this hesitation is perhaps a room of opportunity open for Mitsubishi or others to take advantage of?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 02:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 24 2017, 02:10 PM)
I was only thinking about Malaysia, I didn't realize we were also talking about other markets. Quite surprised to learn how much volume they command with the treble alliance.

In Thailand, the combined sales of Nissan and Mitsubishi should equal or better Honda. But they are in decline. It is the same story in Indonesia. Therefore, they either need a product refresh or branding refocusing

So my opinion is they should let one of the brands retreat from both Thailand and Indonesia and even Philippines to avoid the ghost hit ghost scenario. It would make better sense to consolidate their operations to better improve overall operations and profits.

For example if Mitsubishi is doing better in most of the regional markets then perhaps Nissan should retreat and let Mitsubishi take over sales. They can always cross sell the type of cars:

Mitsubishi Almera instead of Attrage
Mitsubishi Triton and Naverra (one lower and one higher spec)
Mitsubishi Lancer (instead of calling it Slyphy)
Mitsubishi ASX + Outlander
Mitsubishi X-Trail
Mitsubishi Livina and Xpander (One is mini 7 seater and the other SUV)
Mitsubishi Diamente (but using Teana)
Mitsubishi Elgrand

The days of small independent manufacturer really looks bleaker everyday forward. Platform and parts sharing is really the way forward in reducing cost.
This is all up to the big boss Carlos Ghosn and his team
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Aug 24 2017, 11:53 AM)
indo off course,, in malaysia nope .. sure over RM90K .. thanks to our gomen for high tax ...
Sure? Do you know something that we don't know yet. You insider izzit, tell more please?

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Aug 24 2017, 03:12 PM
aquilaTE
post Aug 24 2017, 03:28 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 01:00 PM)
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/08/mitsubi...s-leaked-277313

ada. sport variant.

[attachmentid=9075849]
Thx. thumbsup.gif
dstl1128
post Aug 24 2017, 07:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 02:50 PM)
Am not too sure that would be an accurate description of Toyota SC , walk in without booking  . So less car better service correlation is still inaccurate because there are other factors at play.

In any case, honda is now known as the group of lousy SC? That is why it is at the bottom even lower than VW and Ford.?

Given this as one of the consideration , (another being the declining build quality that was reported ), one have to think twice about buying another Honda surely? And this hesitation is perhaps a room of opportunity open for Mitsubishi or others to take advantage of?
Honda SC are too scarce & too limited to cater for the sales boom it got. Honda build quality has always been like that - uneven fittings of sorts but hardly heart-breaking compare to... the issue with VW/Peugeot, esp Peugeot, the bad reliability and bad responsibility from their respective SC.

Speaking of which, that 7yrs extension of Peugeot warranty seems more like 7yrs of vomiting dealing with the SC and not 7yrs of worry-free experience.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 09:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Aug 24 2017, 07:09 PM)
Honda SC are too scarce & too limited to cater for the sales boom it got. Honda build quality has always been like that - uneven fittings of sorts but hardly heart-breaking compare to... the issue with VW/Peugeot, esp Peugeot, the bad reliability and bad responsibility from their respective SC.

Speaking of which, that 7yrs extension of Peugeot warranty seems more like 7yrs of vomiting dealing with the SC and not 7yrs of worry-free experience.
Good sales boom can never be a good excuse for bad service. I hope Honda improve and show a better performance in future years but till then, perhaps you will excused me to be more inclined to Mitsubishi.

I speak.from experience as my wife and I have owned and also had service experience from both Honda and Mitsubishi in KL area. And more than 5 years each brand. Honestly M>H as far as authorized SC is concerned
dstl1128
post Aug 24 2017, 10:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 09:03 PM)
Good sales boom can never be a good excuse for bad service. I hope Honda improve and show a better performance in future years but till then, perhaps you will excused me to be more inclined to Mitsubishi.

I speak.from experience as  my wife and I have owned and also had service experience from both Honda and Mitsubishi in KL area. And more than 5 years each brand. Honestly M>H as far as authorized SC is concerned
Inclined to any brand is alright. But ranking high in JD Power regarding service satisfactory doesn't mean it has brand power.

Anyway the car has yet to release... so hope Mitsu don't screw themselves.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 04:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Aug 24 2017, 10:01 PM)
Inclined to any brand is alright. But ranking high in JD Power regarding service satisfactory doesn't mean it has brand power. 

Anyway the car has yet to release... so hope Mitsu don't screw themselves.
The discussion was not never about brand power , it was about the service level of one brand which was consistently good (Top 3) and another which has declined dramatically.

Just look at the last 3 years JD power customer service index surveys and look at Mitsubishi and Honda and tell me what you see.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

zweimmk
post Aug 25 2017, 07:50 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 04:06 AM)
The discussion was not never about brand power , it was about the service level of one brand which was consistently good (Top 3) and another which has declined dramatically.

Just look at the last 3 years JD power customer service index surveys and look at Mitsubishi and Honda and tell me what you see.

I know its not an excuse but considering that they (Honda) have had an explosive growth over the last few years due to:

- More product refresh
- More car models
- Competitive pricing
- Improved specification

It's not surprisingly at all if their service level have dropped due to increased demands and stresses on the existing centers. Even in the past, Honda has never been known for very strong after sales service in my opinion.

On the other hand, Mitsubishi only have 4 car models now:

- The Attrage probably doesn't sell much. I don't even remember when was the last time I actually saw 1 on the road. This car desperately needs a refresh or a model change.
- Mirage has been discontinued
- ASX and outlander sales are far and few in between
- I wager most of their sales come from the Triton pickup

If they cannot deliver better service with such low volumes then it would really be a shame.

zweimmk
post Aug 25 2017, 07:56 AM

On my way
512 posts

So can the xpander topple the BRV in the short term if it launches here?

Yes, if its cheaper and better equipped. Also if they can keep the waiting period short and avoid the Lancer Fiasco altogether (1 year waiting period)

But historically, Mitsubishi has never really been able to overcome or keep their eye on the ball which leads them to fall behind. Maybe this new treble alliance will finally give them the edge they need to return to form.

zweimmk
post Aug 25 2017, 08:17 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 02:50 PM)
Even if the SC service is as bad as people claims. People will still buy the Honda marque because:

- Long history in Malaysia
- Their car are relatively problem free
- Their cars have good resale value; the civic is the king when it comes to resale
- Not expensive to maintain
- Parts are easy to find, no fear of breakdown - local car mechanics have no issue dealing with T&H cars
- VTEC prangggg seems to still have a huge effect on young people today, hence the desirability

Just points 2 to 5 alone is more than enough to carry their brand.

Just to be clear also, consistent build quality is also one of Honda's weakness - First hand experience, for me - it's both irritating and a nuisance. For others, they outright hate it. But it's not something that would affect the car performance or safety. So till today, many people still bang and bitch about this issue - but it never really goes away.

Now Mitsubishi on the other hand:

- limited car selection
- except for the Triton, the other cars don't seem to carry its resale value as well
- cars should be relatively problem free
- cars should be cheap to maintain
- parts might not be as easy to find because less common but should still be relatively hassle free

It would be a very small room of opportunity. They would need to make sure those customers (like yourself) taking the leap of faith, are well taken care of so that they can build on from there.

In the near term, I don't think they will overtake Honda. Difficult to predict how they will fare long term.
dstl1128
post Aug 25 2017, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

I would first like to know what were the surveys' questions and the sample size, then I could tell you more.

Still have to see their pricing & equipment list. They screwed themselves on Attrage.

IMO, cars below 100k, people tends to get tried & tested cars.
eg. RM70k +/- 5k will be Alza, Avanza, Vios, City, Jazz
eg. RM80k +/- 5k will be Vios, City, BRV, Jazz <--- Xpander in this range?
eg. RM100k +/- 5k will be City, HRV

Seems like the Xpander need to be better than BRV in the same time selling with similar price.

This post has been edited by dstl1128: Aug 25 2017, 09:15 AM
acbc
post Aug 25 2017, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Look exactly like Peugeot 3008. From PT source, luckily engine not EP6 engine.

** Update **

Engine is 4A91 used on Lancer EX (sold mostly in SG) and smart forfour. Highly reliable as I've a smart forfour for 10 years old already.

This post has been edited by acbc: Aug 25 2017, 09:13 AM
theanswer
post Aug 25 2017, 11:12 AM

Regular
1,024 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Aug 24 2017, 11:53 AM)
unless ckd la. but over 90k..not worth it lah
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 11:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 25 2017, 07:50 AM)
If they cannot deliver better service with such low volumes then it would really be a shame.
Low volume also does not equates to good service, can you think of other brands that have similar volume level and limited product offering and get ranked top 3 in the past 3 years?. I think it is easy to discredit a low volume seller and undermine the effort they may have put in to have a good customer service level this way. It is just too convenient and lazy to assume such way

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 11:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 25 2017, 08:17 AM)
Even if the SC service is as bad as people claims. People will still buy the Honda marque because:

- Long history in Malaysia
- Their car are relatively problem free
- Their cars have good resale value; the civic is the king when it comes to resale
- Not expensive to maintain
- Parts are easy to find, no fear of breakdown - local car mechanics have no issue dealing with T&H cars
- VTEC prangggg seems to still have a huge effect on young people today, hence the desirability

Just points 2 to 5 alone is more than enough to carry their brand.

Just to be clear also, consistent build quality is also one of Honda's weakness - First hand experience, for me - it's both irritating and a nuisance. For others, they outright hate it. But it's not something that would affect the car performance or safety. So till today, many people still bang and bitch about this issue - but it never really goes away.

Now Mitsubishi on the other hand:

- limited car selection
- except for the Triton, the other cars don't seem to carry its resale value as well
- cars should be relatively problem free
- cars should be cheap to maintain
- parts might not be as easy to find because less common but should still be relatively hassle free

It would be a very small room of opportunity. They would need to make sure those customers (like yourself) taking the leap of faith, are well taken care of so that they can build on from there.

In the near term, I don't think they will overtake Honda. Difficult to predict how they will fare long term.
How did Mazda CX5 unseated best selling c segment SUV from the long reigning honda CRV?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 11:58 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(acbc @ Aug 25 2017, 09:11 AM)

** Update **

Engine is 4A91 used on Lancer EX (sold mostly in SG) and smart forfour. Highly reliable as I've a smart forfour for 10 years old already.
Thanks for this info. Much appreciated
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 12:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Aug 24 2017, 03:28 PM)
Thx.  :thumbsup:
You are most welcomed
zweimmk
post Aug 25 2017, 12:17 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 11:57 AM)
How did Mazda CX5 unseated best selling c segment SUV from the long reigning honda CRV?
Could be any of the reasons below:

Pricing?
Good Promotion?
Good kit?
More appealing design?

I remember when they first launched the CX5, it was seriously a good bargain for the kit and price. They launched the CBU unit that was quite loaded with goodies such as LED headlights and bose speakers etc.

Then when CKD production came, the price also went down - I could be wrong, just basing on what I remember or heard.

You can look at the price list as well, the CX5 base model is still cheaper than the CRV base model by 6k or 7k?

And then recently had a discussion with another member here, the distributor were selling the CX5 at extremely slim profit margins. Whereas the Mazda 6 was completely priced in a manner which did not make sense at all against its competition.

What's your take?

zweimmk
post Aug 25 2017, 12:27 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 11:48 AM)
Low volume also does not equates to good service, can you think of other brands that have similar volume level and limited product offering and get ranked top 3 in the past 3 years?. I think it is easy to discredit a low volume seller and undermine the effort they may have put in to have a good customer service level this way. It is just too convenient and lazy to assume such way
Irregardless, as long as they aren't screwing up on their after sales then its a good thing.

The bigger problem they have now is having a product line which will make people get excited about buying.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 12:34 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 25 2017, 12:17 PM)
Could be any of the reasons below:

Pricing?
Good Promotion?
Good kit?
More appealing design?

I remember when they first launched the CX5, it was seriously a good bargain for the kit and price. They launched the CBU unit that was quite loaded with goodies such as LED headlights and bose speakers etc.

Then when CKD production came, the price also went down - I could be wrong, just basing on what I remember or heard.

You can look at the price list as well, the CX5 base model is still cheaper than the CRV base model by 6k or 7k?

And then recently had a discussion with another member here, the distributor were selling the CX5 at extremely slim profit margins. Whereas the Mazda 6 was completely priced in a manner which did not make sense at all against its competition.

What's your take?
Exactly. There you have it a winning formula . Despite being a lesser know brand, harder to get parts. Remember the day before CX5?

Underdog sometimes need just one model to have a winner even if they lost out in brand , lost out in to the whole other scheme of things .

Hence my question : can this Xpander be another story of David vs Goliath?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 12:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 25 2017, 12:27 PM)
Irregardless, as long as they aren't screwing up on their after sales then its a good thing.

The bigger problem they have now is having a product line which will make people get excited about buying.
They have a a new design lingo. The X face. Poper code name:
Dynamic shield

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/indu...ehiro-kunimoto/

Like Kodo design , they can renew it later with other model line up , old or new of which some they can take from the fugly looking Nissan.

dstl1128
post Aug 25 2017, 02:47 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 11:57 AM)
CRV from 3rd gen to .. the one before the current new one... basically same thing just change outlook getting uglier and uglier. Just happen CX5 came in the right moment. Even Nissan didn't bother to change their boxy X-Trail until the market saturated by CX5 and new CRV almost due. And Toyota didn't even bother with RAV4.

BRV is still fresh. And if Honda didn't up their SC, probably Xpander would steal some of the pie later on.

Or Honda thought BRV needed a facelift when Xpander debut here?

wkc5657
post Aug 25 2017, 03:16 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 11:48 AM)
My take is this, usually for those low volume brands, the local distributor itself is juggling a number of other brands or car sales are not their core business activity. So naturally, the brands/divisions that can give the best margin get the best/most resources for customer service and after sales service.

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 12:34 PM)
Exactly. There you have it a winning formula . Despite being a lesser know brand, harder to get parts. Remember the day before CX5?

Underdog sometimes need just one model to have a winner even if they lost out in brand , lost out in to the whole other scheme of things .

Hence my question : can this Xpander be another story of David vs Goliath?
It was good timing for mazda, it was just before the design transformation of both toyota and honda. Those were the times where both Toyota/honda was pretty snobbish. No doubt the CX5 pricing was a good attraction, and the free 3 years free service is pretty much segment leading after sale feature among the japanese camp.

Now with the pricing step up and the new design language and performance boost on honda's end, CX5 will see a significant loss of interest; even more so when the new CX5 looks like just another facelift despite being a new generation model.
zenix
post Aug 25 2017, 09:26 PM

Pirate Captain
6,149 posts

b-segment mpv's all ugly
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 10:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Aug 25 2017, 02:47 PM)
CRV from 3rd gen to .. the one before the current new one... basically same thing just change outlook getting uglier and uglier. Just happen CX5 came in the right moment. Even Nissan didn't bother to change their boxy X-Trail until the market saturated by CX5 and new CRV almost due. And Toyota didn't even bother with RAV4.

BRV is still fresh. And if Honda didn't up their SC, probably Xpander would steal some of the pie later on.

Or Honda thought BRV needed a facelift when Xpander debut here?
Timing I agree play a role too.

High riding SUV like MPV is a newly catch on thing where ground clearance of 200mm is the expected minimum requirements

There are not many serious competition to BRV now. Any challenger will be a thing to be welcomed, at least buyer have more choices
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 10:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Aug 25 2017, 03:16 PM)
My take is this, usually for those low volume brands, the local distributor itself is juggling a number of other brands or car sales are not their core business activity. So naturally, the brands/divisions that can give the best margin get the best/most resources for customer service and after sales service.
It was good timing for mazda, it was just before the design transformation of both toyota and honda. Those were the times where both Toyota/honda was pretty snobbish. No doubt the CX5 pricing was a good attraction, and the free 3 years free service is pretty much segment leading after sale feature among the japanese camp.

Now with the pricing step up and the new design language and performance boost on honda's end, CX5 will see a significant loss of interest; even more so when the new CX5 looks like just another facelift despite being a new generation model.
So since Mitsubishi and Honda authorised distributor and service centres are from the same principal DRB Hicom group of companies, are you saying Honda gives lower margin and Mitsubishi gives higher margin?

Yes I agree timing can play a role too. Wait till you see the real deal new CX5 , I have seen it in Japan . My head was turned back until it hurts , to me it looks so much sharper and premium . The new CRV still turn me off because of many quirky and jarring bordering eye sore causing design oddities . Much like BRV in certain ways

riezzien
post Aug 26 2017, 06:00 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

interior not as modern than the exterior.

dstl1128
post Aug 26 2017, 07:32 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 10:46 PM)
Timing I agree play a role too.

High riding SUV like MPV is a newly catch on thing where ground clearance of 200mm is the expected minimum requirements

There are not many serious competition to BRV now. Any challenger will be a thing to be welcomed, at least buyer have more choices
I like. BRV class with ladder frame. tongue.gif Sort of Isuzu Mu-X but @ the price of BRV. Smaller & 2wd.

zweimmk
post Aug 26 2017, 09:01 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 10:56 PM)
So since Mitsubishi and Honda authorised distributor and service centres are from the same principal DRB Hicom group of companies, are you saying Honda gives lower margin and Mitsubishi gives higher margin?

Yes I agree timing can play a role too. Wait till you see the real deal new CX5 , I have seen it in Japan . My head was turned back until it hurts , to me it looks so much sharper and premium . The new CRV still turn me off because of many quirky and jarring bordering eye sore causing design oddities . Much like BRV in certain ways
Market conditions today are a lot more different than it was back in 2011/2012. Honda and even to some extend, Toyota, has finally started to give their cars more kit and warranty for the asking price. So it's definitely much more competitive now than it was then. Even semi-premium marques like VW has started to price their cars a lot more reasonably (no thanks to all their scandals and fiasco), and if you haven't already noticed - even premium marques like BMW/Mercedes/Volvo have even started to sell their entry level sedans at 160k to 170k marque, which may entice some of the buyers from the 140k-150k market.

Saw some photos of the new CX5 - it looks good but more like an evolution of the current design. Agree that the new CRV looks funny in some ways but one of its trump cards is the new Earth Dreams 1.5TC engine which Mazda has no counter for. Whether or not this makes a difference in sales figures is anyone's guess but for those of us who have been so used to the turbo kick, going back to NA will be somewhat of a challenge.

In the end, I think it depends on the pricing. Have you taken a look at the Mazda cars pricing?

Mazda 2 - kind of priced out of the City/Vios/Almera/Attrage war
CX3 - a little priced out against the HRV and 2008?, looks to compete against the new T-Roc
CX5 - competitive against CRV, X-trail
Mazda 3 - competitive against Civic, Altis, Jetta, 408?
Mazda 6 - completely priced out of competition against all its rivals - conti or otherwise

If the new CX5 continues the same pricing policy as the old CX5 while still giving good kit, it should be able to limit the impact of the new CRV. Difficult to say if they will maintain the sales lead but at least it will be a neck to neck battle.

The Xpander has a good chance of succeeding. Design looks good, Equipment looks decent - so it comes down to how they will price it in Malaysia. But Mitsubishi may find themselves facing the same profit margin issue that I and wkc5657 have discussed a week or 2 back. Do they go for market share while trying to survive on razor thin margins or go for better profits with the risk of pricing themselves out of the competition. This is also a problem that is facing the Kia Optima GT as well.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 26 2017, 09:10 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.otospirit.com/mobil/mobil-baru/...alan-lagi/27702

Record sales in Indonesia
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 26 2017, 10:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 26 2017, 09:01 AM)
Market conditions today are a lot more different than it was back in 2011/2012. Honda and even to some extend, Toyota, has finally started to give their cars more kit and warranty for the asking price. So it's definitely much more competitive now than it was then. Even semi-premium marques like VW has started to price their cars a lot more reasonably (no thanks to all their scandals and fiasco), and if you haven't already noticed - even premium marques like BMW/Mercedes/Volvo have even started to sell their entry level sedans at 160k to 170k marque, which may entice some of the buyers from the 140k-150k market.

Saw some photos of the new CX5 - it looks good but more like an evolution of the current design. Agree that the new CRV looks funny in some ways but one of its trump cards is the new Earth Dreams 1.5TC engine which Mazda has no counter for. Whether or not this makes a difference in sales figures is anyone's guess but for those of us who have been so used to the turbo kick, going back to NA will be somewhat of a challenge.

In the end, I think it depends on the pricing. Have you taken a look at the Mazda cars pricing?

CX3 - a little priced out against the HRV and 2008?, looks to compete against the new T-Roc
Mazda 6 - completely priced out of competition against all its rivals - conti or otherwise

If the new CX5 continues the same pricing policy as the old CX5 while still giving good kit, it should be able to limit the impact of the new CRV. Difficult to say if they will maintain the sales lead but at least it will be a neck to neck battle.

The Xpander has a good chance of succeeding. Design looks good, Equipment looks decent - so it comes down to how they will price it in Malaysia. But Mitsubishi may find themselves facing the same profit margin issue that I and wkc5657 have discussed a week or 2 back. Do they go for market share while trying to survive on razor thin margins or go for better profits with the risk of pricing themselves out of the competition. This is also a problem that is facing the Kia Optima GT as well.
As far as Mazda is concerned, below is the turbo boost to Mazda's brand thanks to Toyota

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danroth/2017/0...a/#ae7ddc9d3d81

Cost will go down for Mazda in long run. I stress long run
zweimmk
post Aug 27 2017, 09:59 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 26 2017, 10:56 PM)
As far as Mazda is concerned, below is the turbo boost to Mazda's brand thanks to Toyota
https://www.forbes.com/sites/danroth/2017/0...a/#ae7ddc9d3d81

Cost will go down for Mazda in long run. I stress long run
It's a joint electrical vehicle development and a production facility in the US. So yes, cost will go down - just not in our region. If they are building a joint production facility in Thailand, things may change considerably.

Anyway, this isn't related and it will be a few years before we know if Mitsubishi will succeed.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 27 2017, 11:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 27 2017, 09:59 AM)
It's a joint electrical vehicle development and a production facility in the US. So yes, cost will go down - just not in our region. If they are building a joint production facility in Thailand, things may change considerably.

Anyway, this isn't related and it will be a few years before we know if Mitsubishi will succeed.
http://www.autonews.com/article/20150513/O...s-confront-cost

If you recall the engagement was done in 2015. This 2017 is just one of more eventual things to come. I guess you still miss my long term emphasis... Even though I have stress it in my earlier reply to you

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Aug 27 2017, 11:38 AM
zweimmk
post Aug 27 2017, 12:18 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 27 2017, 11:37 AM)
http://www.autonews.com/article/20150513/O...s-confront-cost

If you recall the engagement was done in 2015. This 2017 is just one  of more eventual things to come. I guess you still miss my long term emphasis... Even though I have stress it in my earlier reply to you
I didn't miss anything because much of what you are saying won't bear fruit many years from today and isn't directly affecting our market. So there really isn't a whole lot to talk about.

wkc5657
post Aug 27 2017, 05:07 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 10:56 PM)

I think you may have misunderstood my comment earlier.

From commons sense financial perspective, if the distributor has a few brands on their hands, they would logically put in more resources to the brand that give the most margin. For DRB's case, honda will have more money on the table than mitsubishi; as honda brings in more profits than mitsubishi does.

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 26 2017, 09:01 AM)

Unlike what our "resident marketer" which likes to simplify so much about marketing strategies, marketing and customer acquisition itself is pretty subjective topic itself that there are no clear cut answers. Because, it is not possible to know clearly what millions of perspective customer actually wants. Yes, there are tools. Surveys and big data able to obtain a pattern but those are past information. So marketers need to balance 3 sides, what the current information is telling, how will these factors/preferences evolve in the future or want to create a new pie (example would be the coompact crossover craze now, which in the past only suzuki is the best of it).

Another thing to consider is the factor of brand lock in for more conservative markets like us. So since toyota/honda did the groundwork long ago, and they didn't have any major hiccups along the way, coupled with the long history and establishment, the branding pretty much is stamped inside the minds of consumers. I guess this pretty much contributes to perodua's success as they are pretty much a cheapified toyota. Nissan, despite also having similar long establishment here in our market, the major stumbling is the lack of product excitement. New generation models come few and far between and i also presume that maybe japan nissan is not willing to let tan chong assemble more models. Something like the qashqai would be a nice perk to ride the crossover wave and a little perk up to nissan here.

With such a small and maturing TIV, coupled with a very moderate income growth of malaysian (we're generally still in the middle income trap scenario), eating up another players pie (especially the big ones) will require a lot of resources and time to be put in. And with such a rigid brand lock in, are the resources poured in worth the additional market share gained? Incumbents like toyota and honda can do it easily and any additional resources put in can easier translate to consumer lock in. For smaller players, it is a really tall wall to ascend without the help of HQ.

edit
Just saw the indicative pricing of the upcoming cx5, the sales volume would not be a show stopper, consider good news for mazda if the volume didn't drop dramatically compared to current number alongside the onslaught of CRV. If the facelift was actually done in this extent, it could have maintained excitement for the brand.....

This post has been edited by wkc5657: Aug 27 2017, 06:09 PM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 27 2017, 06:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(wkc5657 @ Aug 27 2017, 05:07 PM)
I think you may have misunderstood my comment earlier.

From commons sense financial perspective, if the distributor has a few brands on their hands, they would logically put in more resources to the brand that give the most margin. For DRB's case, honda will have more money on the table than mitsubishi; as honda brings in more profits than mitsubishi does.
So if Honda gets more money, than shame on them to lose out in service to Mitsubishi which gets lesser money, isn't it?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 27 2017, 06:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 27 2017, 12:18 PM)
I didn't miss anything because much of what you are saying won't bear fruit many years from today and isn't directly affecting our market. So there really isn't a whole lot to talk about.
Some fruits is already here.

http://www.tflcar.com/2017/02/might-new-na...ompacts-review/

Not here Malaysia here but here in the world. That was Europe, then there is US, sooner or later something may be Asia bound
wkc5657
post Aug 27 2017, 09:06 PM

On my way
513 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 27 2017, 06:20 PM)
So if Honda gets more money, than shame on them to lose out in service to Mitsubishi which gets lesser money, isn't it?
True, but still people flock to them in droves. That's is the power of brand lock in, it totally captured the market for those looking away from national makes. Any corporation would like to be in such a situation, it is easy money. 1 thing honda malaysia did well was to keep the market excited. The best example is the expanding list of trim lines for the city. Even markets with way larger volumes also don't do things like this but this is something unique that was done to our markets to continue keeping the attention of malaysians on honda.

But, by observing the civic fc forum, it does reflect some snobbishness that the final quality touches are just lost to push the car out of the factory. As long as it can drive and no visible defects, and the car is allocated to an eagerly waiting customer, the problem lies with the dealers, no longer at the distributor. Not the best of business ethics but good money. So a hats up actually to the dealers that are responsible to the after sales service for mitsubishi, they are not taking things for granted like what honda is.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 29 2017, 07:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.kompas.com/o...ang-mobil-bekas

Xpander is Causing value of used MPV to drop too.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 29 2017, 07:37 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/cars/8...017-2018-review

If only this would this way too
zweimmk
post Aug 29 2017, 08:10 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 29 2017, 07:37 AM)
If the Xpander launches here and does well, I don't see why the cross wouldn't make its way here. Both the ASX and Outlander are due for replacement (5 years or greater) anyways.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 29 2017, 08:45 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 29 2017, 08:10 AM)
If the Xpander launches here and does well, I don't see why the cross wouldn't make its way here. Both the ASX and Outlander are due for replacement (5 years or greater) anyways.
Let's hope so but with new alliance boss , the direction is still hazy
zweimmk
post Aug 29 2017, 10:12 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 29 2017, 08:45 AM)
Let's hope so but with new alliance boss , the direction is still hazy
Maybe I haven't been following, but I'm surprised you've never talked about what kind of direction Proton could be heading now that they are owned by Geely.

Will the company finally unleash its potential like Volvo or disappear into obscurity altogether except in Malaysia and other developing markets?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 29 2017, 10:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 29 2017, 10:12 AM)
Maybe I haven't been following, but I'm surprised you've never talked about what kind of direction Proton could be heading now that they are owned by Geely.

Will the company finally unleash its potential like Volvo or disappear into obscurity altogether except in Malaysia and other developing markets?
Too much noises for this one by various parties: ministers , politicians, and even industrial informants ,/sources inclusive and what I fear most is that it could be like the excitement with the previous JV /Suitors : hangat hangat tahi ayam. So till a particular model come out from this union and has reason to be excited about, I would rather talked about THIS and the new Mazda CX5...

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 30 2017, 05:34 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

lesson of the day?

http://jalopnik.com/holy-crap-the-mitsubis...orse-1798159207
keithwwk
post Aug 30 2017, 11:59 AM

36 posts

Wow...the first thing I see inside the car is the massive angle handbreak stick... shocking.gif
jacobngen87
post Aug 31 2017, 11:16 AM

2 posts

Taken from keyauto website.

Seems that Nissan may also launch a small mpv based on the xpander platform?

Both looks equally good and more sporty than BRV

I dislike the BRV side profile cos it look awkward

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 1 2017, 08:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Aug 31 2017, 11:16 AM)

Yup . That was the rendering and not official picture. speaking of which . This will show up first Oct 2017. Tokyo.

https://www.motor1.com/news/178492/mitsubis...ept-leaked/amp/
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 2 2017, 07:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/...-Xpander?page=1

This report said Thailand and Philippines gets Expander Feb next year. Msia again later of the year we hope?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 13 2017, 09:48 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

In the meantime...

2nd CKD model from Malaysia Mitsubishi launched

http://www.motortrader.com.my/news/second-...odel-rolls-out/
man
post Sep 14 2017, 09:35 AM

Getting Started
279 posts

QUOTE(jacobngen87 @ Aug 31 2017, 11:16 AM)

If nissan launch this with 1.8 engine, maybe can easily outsell brv & xpender
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 24 2018, 04:52 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

http://www.asiaone.com/business/mitsubishi...nesias-car-year

Mitsubishi XPANDER Named Indonesia's Car of the Year
ACN NEWSWIRE  Mar 29, 2018

- Small MPV takes annual prize after barnstorming launch -

TOKYO, Mar 29, 2018 - (JCN Newswire) - The new multipurpose vehicle from Mitsubishi Motors, XPANDER, has been named Car of the Year in Indonesia, the latest recognition of its highly successful launch.

The award was made by Otomotif, the leading Indonesian tabloid, and was collected by Kyoya Kondo, president of PT Mitsubishi Motors Krama Yudha Sales Indonesia (MMKSI), at a ceremony held today. The XPANDER also won in two other categories in Otomotif's 2018 awards - Best of the Best MPV and Best of Small MPV(1).

Since XPANDER's launch last August, dealers at MMKSI have taken 60,000 orders for the class-leading small MPV, which was designed specifically for the needs of the fast-growing Indonesian auto market where MPVs are a popular category. Last month, XPANDER ranked among the top 3 best-selling models in the small MPV segment.

The XPANDER is a small but roomy and comfortable seven-seater MPV with plenty of space for luggage. It combines an attractive and comfortable design with the toughness and reliable performance for which the Mitsubishi brand is renowned.

The vehicle is produced at Mitsubishi Motors' state-of-the-art manufacturing plant in Bekasi Prefecture, West Java, which was inaugurated in April last year by President Joko Widodo. The factory, the result of a $540 million investment, employs 3,000 workers and is capable of producing 160,000 vehicles a year.

The Bekasi plant will shortly begin exporting XPANDER to the Philippines and Thailand, reinforcing Mitsubishi Motors' strong market positions in the ASEAN region.

Osamu Masuko, chief executive of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation, said: "We are very grateful to have received this award from Otomotif, which is a recognition of the wonderful reception that XPANDER has been given by the people of Indonesia. Many people had a hand in this success, including our friends and business partners at MMKSI and the Indonesian government. Years of careful research went into the design of the XPANDER, a modern MPV that meets the needs of Indonesia's hard-working families."

Panji Maulana, chief editor of Otomotif, said: "The Car of the Year is selected from among the winners in each category that have been evaluated from many aspects such as design, features, performance, handling, fuel consumption, price and the latest model. And our editorial judging panel takes into account sales, community engagement and value for money. The Mitsubishi XPANDER is a worthy winner for 2018."

The XPANDER was the first all-new vehicle from Mitsubishi Motors since a strengthened management team at the Japanese automaker embarked on a new growth and recovery strategy. Under the company's Drive for Growth plan, the company is investing more than $5 billion to improve its product line-up, building on its traditional strengths in four-wheel drive, sports utility vehicles and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 24 2018, 04:57 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industr...or-xpander.html

Even in Philippines....

After which it will be launched in Thailand follow by Vietnam.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Apr 24 2018, 05:01 PM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 29 2018, 07:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

http://www.motortrader.com.my/news/mitsubi...uching-sarawak/

A commendable effort by Mitsubishi Malaysia in Sarawak, East Malaysia, rejoice Mitsubishi owners there.

Mitsubishi Motors Introduces Mobile Service Unit For Customers In Rural Areas
AUTO NEWS
GOKUL  |  APRIL 26, 2018 12:43 PM
Mitsubishi Motors Introduces Mobile Service Unit For Customers In Rural Areas

Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia (MMM) has introduced the Mitsubishi Mobile Service Unit to serve customers living in rural areas off Kuching, Sarawak. 

“As part of our aftersales business expansion program, the Mitsubishi mobile service unit is to provide greater convenience and assurance for our customers living in rural areas in Sarawak that are far away from authorized Mitsubishi service centres,” said Tomoyuki Shinnishi, Chief Executive Officer of Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia.

The Mitsubishi mobile service unit is capable of servicing up to 10 cars per day and will cover vehicle scheduled maintenance, inspection of vehicle wear and tear, and timing belt replacement.

The mobile unit, which comes equipped with special Mitsubishi Multi Use Tester Diagnostic Scanner, hydraulic jack with stand, air compressor and tool sets, will also carry spare parts such as oil filter and lubricants and its own generator for power supply.

The Mitsubishi mobile service unit will be operated by certified Mitsubishi authorized service dealers EON Auto Mart and Jimisar Autotrade in Kuching, and will be traveling as far as 150km radius away from Kuching to towns such as Sematan, Lundu, Bau, Serian and Simunjan. 

“This is Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia’s first mobile service truck and customers shall see more of these mobile units in the near future as we are encouraging our authorized Mitsubishi dealers with fleet and rural customer base to embark on this effort to service our customers better,” added Shinnishi.

Customers in Sarawak who are interested in obtaining services by the Mitsubishi mobile service unit truck can schedule an appointment with Mitsubishi authorized dealers:

EON Auto Mart, Kuching
Jimisar Autotrade, Kuching
Alternatively, customers may also contact Mitsubishi’s Motors Customer Careline at 1800 18 8161, 9 am – 5 pm, Mondays to Fridays.

Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia is currently represented by 54 showrooms (out of which 47 are 3S Centres) and 53 service outlets throughout Malaysia.  In East Malaysia, MMM is represented by 14 showrooms (6 in Sarawak and 8 in Sabah).

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
TSEnergyAnalyst
post May 1 2018, 08:21 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2018/04...r-vehicles.html

Looks like Malaysia is not mentioned as export from Indonesia....

Why?
Jakarta, on April 25. (Antara/ Aprillio Akbar)
     
Industry Minister Airlangga Hartarto has praised Mitsubishi Motors Krama Yudha Indonesia for exporting 21,000 Xpander multipurpose vehicles (MPVs) to the Philippines.

“The improvement in the automotive sector will greatly affect the country’s economic activities in other sectors,” said the minister on Thursday as reported by kompas.com

Mitsubishi began exporting Thursday Xpander vehicles to the Philippines. In its initial step, the carmaker sent 400 of the 21,000 cars ordered for 2018. Mitsubishi set a target to export 30,000 Xpander MPVs to the country.

The carmaker also plans to export the MPVs to Thailand (6,000 cars), Vietnam (1,000), African countries (1,000), Middle Eastern countries ( 500 ) and South American countries ( 500 )  ...
TSEnergyAnalyst
post May 9 2018, 01:02 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/mitsubishi-ecli...-ratings/49452/

http://www.en.netralnews.com/news/business...subishi.xpander

Really wonder if Eclipse Cross is only meant for Brunei & Singapore and Xpander is focus- exported to only Thailand, Vietnam and the Philippines from Indonesia, Malaysia gets what then? Habuk?

soulz69
post May 10 2018, 03:21 PM

:: LoveHate ::
1,651 posts

omaigod.
i'm waiting xpander to come to malaysia.
will it come here?
sweat.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post May 13 2018, 11:59 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Companies/...heast-Asia-push

Nissan and Mitsubishi join hands for Southeast Asia push
Alliance partners will share training facilities and warehouses

Nikkei staff writers
May 12, 2018 06:32 JST

Mitsubishi Motors' Xpander, popular in Southeast Asia, will be supplied to Nissan as well. (Photo by Rei Nakafuji)
TOKYO -- Nissan Motor will look to capitalize on affiliated automaker Mitsubishi Motors' strength in Southeast Asia as part of a broader collaboration that eventually leverages the three-way alliance with French partner Renault.

Mitsubishi Motors sold about 280,000 vehicles in Southeast Asia last fiscal year, more than Nissan or Renault.

Nissan became Mitsubishi Motors' top shareholder in 2016, taking a 34% stake, in the aftermath of a fuel economy falsification scandal. Mitsubishi Motors will soon open training facilities at a Philippine factory for instructing dealerships' service technicians and sales clerks. Nissan will gain access starting in August. In August of next year, the two automakers will set up joint warehouse facilities to store service parts and other materials.

The companies already collaborate on transporting assembled vehicles from factories to dealerships in Thailand and will start similar arrangements in Indonesia and the Philippines. They will begin using each other's test-drive courses in Thailand this month.

Beginning in 2019, Mitsubishi Motors will supply its popular Indonesia-built Xpander minivan to Nissan. The vehicle will be sold as a different model under the Nissan brand.

At home in Japan, Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors plan to develop electric minicars together for release in the early 2020s. The carmakers were operating a minivehicle joint venture even before Nissan became the top shareholder in its peer.

Nissan and Renault, whose alliance dates back to 1999, have consolidated many operations, including research and development, production technologies, logistics, purchasing and personnel management. Last month, they began to merge their quality control, customer management and after-sale services. Mitsubishi Motors will join this framework as well.

Carlos Ghosn, the chief of the three-way alliance, showed strong interest in Southeast Asian collaboration, as well as joint development of minicar technologies, when Nissan was buying the Mitsubishi Motors stake. He apparently has decided that Mitsubishi Motors is now strong enough to contribute.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 21 2018, 07:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/all-new-2018-mi...d-livina/52228/

Launching Thailand
riezzien
post Aug 21 2018, 07:38 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

It will be very stupid if they dont bring it here.
Im waiting for this one too.
Either this or the new perodua suv which will be 7 seater

This post has been edited by riezzien: Aug 21 2018, 07:39 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 26 2018, 07:25 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

As reported in Carlist Two days ago

Mitsubishi Xpander Aims For Honda BR-V, But 2018 Malaysian Launch Unlikely
AUTO NEWS
HANS  |  AUGUST 24, 2018 05:45 PM
Mitsubishi Xpander Aims For Honda BR-V, But 2018 Malaysian Launch Unlikely

Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia (MMM) is poised to make an entry into the entry-level MPV market with the seven-seater Xpander. Currently on sale in Indonesia, Thailand and soon the Philippines, the 1.5-litre is aimed squarely at the Honda BR-V and Toyota Avanza. Its front-wheel drive layout and SUV-like styling however, puts it closer to the BR-V than the rear-wheel drive Avanza.

With the discontinuation of the Lancer, Mirage and Attrage from the local line-up, MMM’s current product line-up consists only of crossovers/SUVs and pick-up trucks. It could do well with a sub-RM100,000 three-row seat family car.

In response to a query by Carlist.my with regards to the prospects of the Xpander for the Malaysia, Mr. Hoffen Teh, Senior Vice-President of Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia said that discussions between MMM and MMC (Mitsubishi Motors Corporation) are on-going but stopped short of committing to a specific launch timing.

“MMM/MMC are proactively considering to introduce the Mitsubishi Xpander in the Malaysian market. We are now studying the feasibility to launch this model in Malaysia and will share further detail when our plan materialized,” said Teh.

Judging by the chatter in the market space, a launch within this year is very unlikely.

Sourcing arrangement is certainly a point of discussion. Mitsubishi Motors’ plant in Indonesia is currently the only source for the Xpander, supplying to Thailand as well as the Philippines. However Malaysia’s tax structure has provisions favouring locally-assembled vehicles.

MMM currently assembles two models – ASX and Outlander - at its contract assembly partner Tan Chong Motor Assemblies’ plant in Segambut. The Triton is imported from Thailand, as it has enough locally/regionally-sourced components to qualify for waiver of import duties under ASEAN Free Trade Agreement (AFTA). It is unclear if MMM will be importing the Xpander from Indonesia under AFTA or assembling it locally, although we think the former is more likely.

Separately, MMC have also confirmed that it will, at a later stage be producing a Nissan-badged version of the Xpander at its Indonesian plant. No details have been released by Nissan yet but it’s certain that both models will be mechanically similar, differentiated only by its front-end styling, with the Nissan version adopting an X-Trail-like front-end.

The Nissan-badged Xpander will replace Nissan’s aging Grand Livina, and the all-new Mitsubishi-developed model will certainly be introduced by Edaran Tan Chong Motor (ETCM) in Malaysia later, after the Mitsubishi Xpander’s local debut. 

While both MMM and ETCM are fierce rivals in the local market space, Mitsubishi Motors and Nissan are part of the same Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Motors Alliance.   

The Mitsubishi Xpander is powered by a 4A91 1.5-litre naturally aspirated four-cylinder MIVEC petrol engine that makes 104 PS and 141 Nm, paired to a four-speed automatic transmission driving the front wheels.

Safety is adequate by the segment’s basic standards, but it matches everything the BR-V offers – two airbags in front with electronic stability control and hill-start assist. It has a 4-star ASEAN NCAP rating. The Honda BR-V had a 5-star rating but that was done under an earlier, less stringent scoring format.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Aug 26 2018, 07:26 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 27 2018, 09:35 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.retailnews.asia/mitsubishi-moto...ossovers-sales/
Hello Vietnam
unitron
post Aug 27 2018, 11:12 AM

W1(R)3d
2,719 posts

The Mitsu looks like it been in an accident at the front... lol
soulz69
post Aug 27 2018, 04:05 PM

1,651 posts

if they bring here and the price is same like on thailand, i will be very sad.
thats why they still make research whether they want bring it as mitsu xpander or nissan xpander.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 22 2018, 09:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Latest CSI ranking....

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
soulz69
post Sep 23 2018, 02:40 PM

1,651 posts

still waiting for xpander to come to malaysia.
hmm.gif
or will it come to malaysia as nissan car?

alcatrez
post Sep 23 2018, 05:57 PM

On my way
539 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Sep 23 2018, 02:40 PM)
still waiting for xpander to come to malaysia.
hmm.gif
or will it come to malaysia as nissan car?
Come as Nissan. I hope not serviced at Nissan only.
soulz69
post Sep 23 2018, 07:53 PM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(alcatrez @ Sep 23 2018, 05:57 PM)
Come as Nissan. I hope not serviced at Nissan only.
then probably need to wait until next year for the car to come here.
biggrin.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 27 2018, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/Recommended/business/340

All-New Mitsubishi XPANDER makes a new reservation-for-purchase record with 3,000 units by end of August 2018 in Thailand....
leon898
post Sep 27 2018, 10:09 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

this will come as a replacement for livina iinm. the current gen is based on ageing latio
acbc
post Sep 27 2018, 10:12 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Expander? Looks like exactly like Peugeot 3008 / 5008 combined together.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 2 2018, 03:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/all-new-toyota-...sia-soon/52810/

Toyota Rush beat Mitsubishi Xpander in launching Malaysia ?
All-New Toyota Rush To Be Launched In Malaysia Soon
AUTO NEWS
SIEW WENG  |  OCTOBER 02, 2018 12:40 PM
All-New Toyota Rush To Be Launched In Malaysia Soon

It seems that the all-new Toyota Rush is heading for launch in Malaysia within a month or two. We have seen postings (by Toyota dealers) of sales booking materials in the social media space for the all-new Toyota Rush, only to be removed the following day or two.

A quick glance at the specifications and features reveal the all-new Toyota Rush bound for Malaysia will share many of the features seen in the Indonesian, Thai, and South African markets.

However, a few items caught our eyes. On top of the six airbags, ISOFIX anchor points, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC), additional safety features listed by local dealers include:

Forward Collision Warning (FCW) with Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) (Similar to new Myvi?)
Panoramic view camera (360-degree)
Blind spot monitor (BSM) and rear cross traffic alert (RCTA)

ASEAN NCAP has also awarded the all-new Toyota Rush with a 5-star rating, thanks to the fitment of ESC and rear seatbelt reminders (second and third rows), on top of a good performance in the usual crash testing.

Other key features listed by the dealers include:

LED head lamps and tail lamps
17-inch wheels and tyres (215/60 R17)
Automatic air-conditioning with rear air-conditioning
7-inch infotainment with MirrorLink
Smart Entry with Push start button
To recap, the all-new Toyota Rush is powered by a 1.5-litre 2NR-VE Dual VVT-I four-cylinder petrol engine (105 PS, 136 Nm) that is paired to either a four-speed automatic or five-speed manual. The all-new Toyota Rush continues to drive the rear wheels, suspended by a 5-link design and now fitted with a stabilizer bar. 

In Indonesia, the largest market for the Toyota Rush, the vehicle is made by Astra Daihatsu Motor Co. Ltd (ADM), which also makes Daihatsu Terios. A similar arrangement with Perodua can be expected, as back in 2005, Perodua did assemble the Toyota Avanza (Daihatsu Xenia) for UMW Toyota.

Note the only different items on the Daihatsu Terios is the grille and alloy wheel design

Does this mean Perodua will get to locally assemble a Daihatsu-based SUV for themselves, while at the same time providing UMW Toyota with a fully built-up Toyota Rush? The Malaysian automotive space in this last quarter of 2018 is certainly going to be filled with plenty of news on SUV models (Proton X70, Toyota Rush, Perodua SUV).

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Oct 2 2018, 03:54 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
soulz69
post Oct 2 2018, 10:30 PM

1,651 posts

Im still hoping xpander to come here in malaysia this year. sad.gif
soulz69
post Oct 2 2018, 10:31 PM

1,651 posts

Im still hoping xpander to come here in malaysia this year. sad.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 4 2018, 07:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/10/0...utput-capacity/

Hopefully ramp up means speed up launching here ?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 13 2018, 08:18 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releas...ve-journalists/

Mitsubishi Xpander wins more awards from Indonesian Automotive Journalists

The Mitsubishi XPANDER has added yet more awards to its growing collection of titles. It has now been named as the 2018 FORWOT Car of the Year in Indonesia, the second time it has been named Car of the Year

October 12, 2018
FacebookTwitterLinkedInShare via EmailPrint
The Mitsubishi XPANDER has added yet more awards to its growing collection of titles. It has now been named as the 2018 FORWOT Car of the Year in Indonesia, the second time it has been named Car of the Year.

Earlier this year the XPANDER was awarded as Car of the Year by OTOMOTIF Tabloid and was today named the Best Low MPV(1) as well as Favorite Car by reader survey from Gridoto.com. In total, the XPANDER has obtained nine major awards since it was launched.

FORWOT Car of the Year is an event held by the Automotive Journalists Forum (FORWOT). At the 2018 awards, the Mitsubishi XPANDER outperformed its competitors from various brands, classes and types.

Before being selected as FORWOT Car of the Year 2018, the XPANDER had undergone rigorous judging which consisted of several stages. In the initial phase, around 60 FORWOT members from various national media (print and online) voted and the XPANDER reached the top five shortlist.

Then in the second stage, FORWOT asked 33 selected journalists to provide an assessment based on the criteria from the Car of the Year Committee – www.caroftheyear.org – with adjustments made for the Indonesian market and conditions.

The final judging result showed that the Mitsubishi XPANDER won 216 points, 56 points ahead of its closest competitor.

The Award was handed over by Indra Prabowo, FORWOT Chairman, to Bambang Kristiawan – Head of PR & CSR Department, Mitsubishi Motors Krama Yudha Sales Indonesia (MMKSI), the local distributor.

For the latest two awards, the XPANDER has now been voted Favorite Car by Survey by readers of Gridoto.com,. The XPANDER was also awarded Best Low MPV by Gridoto’s expert judges, thanks to its high-end features, comfort, value for money, fun to drive and attractive design.

Commenting on the wins, Naoya Nakamura President Director of MMKSI said: “We are incredibly proud that the Mitsubishi XPANDER has been recognised again and again with awards. MMKSI strives to provide the best products and services for the satisfaction of consumers and the success of the XPANDER is proof that our hard work is being rewarded.”

Awards received by XPANDER

1. Favorite Car by Survey, Gridoto Award 2018
2. Best Low MPV, Gridoto Award 2018
3. Car of The Year, FORWOT Car of The Year 2018
4. Car of The Year, Otomotif Awards 2018
5. Carvaganza Editor’s Choice Award 2018
6. Best of The Best MPV, Otomotif Awards 2018
7. Best Low MPV, Otomotif Awards 2018
8. New Kid on The Road of The Year, ICar Asia People’s choice Awards 2017
9. 1st Winner Favorite Car, GIIAS 2017

(1) Best Low MPV: Best Small MPV
Picking up multiple awards , one more then it will be the 10th
bellamy85
post Oct 13 2018, 10:41 PM

30 posts

I really hope they come to Malaysia as Mitsibishi instead of Nissan. The design so futuristic and value for money. Probably the best value for money in it classes.

I was planning to buy proton ertiga, but proton ertiga in Malaysia was kinda outdated, it was 2016 batch. Plus proton now with Geely.

Even it come as Nissan, I hope they don't change anything except for logos. Let see how next year progress
fishmango
post Oct 13 2018, 11:51 PM

Enthusiast
796 posts

QUOTE(bellamy85 @ Oct 13 2018, 10:41 PM)
I really hope they come to Malaysia as Mitsibishi instead of Nissan. The design so futuristic and value for money. Probably the best value for money in it classes.

I was planning to buy proton ertiga, but proton ertiga in Malaysia was kinda outdated, it was 2016 batch. Plus proton now with Geely.

Even it come as Nissan, I hope they don't change anything except for logos. Let see how next year progress
By the time Nissan bring in, proton shd HV d geely MPV here and it is one segment higher for the same price range.
Effy92
post Oct 14 2018, 01:37 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

The only turn off for xpander and brv is the only 2 airbag. Rush 6 airbag and upcoming perodua suv most probably comes with 6 airbag also.
maniack
post Oct 17 2018, 08:28 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

up this tered

i'm really look forward for this model
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 18 2018, 09:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

soulz69
post Oct 19 2018, 05:26 PM

1,651 posts

faster launch the xpander.

soulz69
post Nov 10 2018, 10:52 PM

1,651 posts

https://pandulaju.com.my/mitsubishi-xpander...ia-tahun-depan/
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Nov 12 2018, 06:56 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Nov 10 2018, 10:52 PM)
https://www.zigwheels.my/new-cars/mitsubishi/xpander

RM78,968
Expected Launch Date: Dis, 2018

Biar Betul
soulz69
post Nov 12 2018, 07:45 AM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Nov 12 2018, 06:56 AM)

RM78,968

Biar Betul
i also monitor that zigwheels, before this their website state launch date is Sep, 2018. Then they change it to Dis,2018.
Hope that price is for full spec. brows.gif
soulz69
post Jul 7 2019, 12:57 AM

1,651 posts

jadi keluar ke tak ni.
soo late laa
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 7 2019, 01:48 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Jul 7 2019, 12:57 AM)
jadi keluar ke tak ni.
soo late laa

September 2019
legioss
post Jul 7 2019, 02:58 PM

Casual
463 posts

this xpander seems spacious with a wheelbase that exceed my current alza, hope it will come with cruise control and 6 air bags, i should go to mitsubishi show room now and pressure them to launch this car
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 8 2019, 08:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(legioss @ Jul 7 2019, 02:58 PM)
this xpander seems spacious with a wheelbase that exceed my current alza, hope it will come with cruise control and 6 air bags, i should go to mitsubishi show room now and pressure them to launch this car
https://careta.my/article/q1-2019-mitsubish...ras-di-thailand

Judging from how they have specified Expander in Thailand, I am more optimistic about the cruise control but not the 6 airbag...But I hope Mitsubishi Motor Malaysia will prove me wrong.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jul 8 2019, 08:47 AM
legioss
post Jul 8 2019, 08:49 AM

Casual
463 posts

Yeah, i don't see 6 air bags in Philippines and Indonesia too. I also hope Proton or someone else will bring in the latest Ertiga as a good alternative.
langatian
post Jul 8 2019, 01:00 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

Went to Big C Satun. Got Xpander car display there. Price between 789,000 to 859,000 Baht (RM 106,122.50 to 115,537.68)

soulz69
post Jul 8 2019, 10:24 PM

1,651 posts

there are so much video on modding the xpander.
can plug and play pajero steering and unlocked the cruisecontrol.
mod it become mini velfire
hnnghh brows.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 9 2019, 04:28 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/garage/goj...-series-f-round

When Toyota invest into GRAB, Mitsubishi invest into GOJEK.

Salute to Mitsubishi. Fighting Toyota better than Nissan ever has.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jul 9 2019, 04:29 PM
soulz69
post Jul 9 2019, 10:17 PM

1,651 posts

got group at fb their member post that maybe will be launch q3 2020. lulz.
waiting game is turn back on?
haizz
yattnana
post Jul 10 2019, 01:16 AM

Getting Started
207 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Jul 9 2019, 10:17 PM)
haizz
Confirmed already, it will be released in q1 2021.....but by nissan though
soulz69
post Jul 10 2019, 07:28 AM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(yattnana @ Jul 10 2019, 01:16 AM)
Confirmed already, it will be released in q1 2021.....but by nissan though
welp, im prefer from mitsu tho. more garang.
but 2021 isss..... bangwall.gif bangwall.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 11 2019, 02:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Jul 9 2019, 10:17 PM)
haizz
If it is delayed , I must say it could very well be the case.

Look at what else Indonesia gets from Mitsubishi before Malaysia

Not one but two

https://www.otomotif.kompas.com/read/2019/0...outlander-phev-

Eclipse Cross.....Which was sold in USA no less.

And adding to our further injury, a first ever PHEV SUV from.Japan, no less.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2019, 10:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://thenewswheel.com/mitsubishi-motors-empowers-women/

Once in awhile. We learn something new in a Masochistic society of Japan. A round of applause for Mitsubishi Motor

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jul 13 2019, 10:40 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 13 2019, 10:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://europe.autonews.com/move/mitsubishi...ope-design-boss

Well the design for future looks more European then. Pun intended.
langatian
post Jul 15 2019, 02:59 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

legioss
post Jul 15 2019, 06:35 PM

Casual
463 posts

somehow the livina and xpander has the same wheel base measurement, is it coincidence or both cars share the same platform?
dylan_chng
post Jul 15 2019, 10:01 PM

On my way
659 posts

QUOTE(legioss @ Jul 15 2019, 06:35 PM)
somehow the livina and xpander has the same wheel base measurement, is it coincidence or both cars share the same platform?
the new livina is basically a rebadged xpander.
legioss
post Jul 15 2019, 11:02 PM

Casual
463 posts

No wonder it take so long for Mitsu to bring in the xpander, probably negotiating with TC on which to bring in and their assembly plant has limited capacity
riezzien
post Jul 16 2019, 07:35 AM

Getting Started
107 posts

Which idiot decide to bring in the xpander as a nissan livina instead?
Adoi tc and mmc if u read this thread, we want xpander outlook, not the livina!!!

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Nov 13 2019, 12:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.motor1.com/news/381735/mitsubis...cross-revealed/

The taller and wider and more rugged Xpander Cross

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Nov 13 2019, 12:06 PM
leon898
post Nov 13 2019, 09:05 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(riezzien @ Jul 16 2019, 07:35 AM)
Which idiot decide to bring in the xpander as a nissan livina instead?
Adoi tc and mmc if u read this thread, we want xpander outlook, not the livina!!!
it will arrive next year iiinm.
new plant setup at Pekan currently. Direct from Mitsu. Not from Lousy Tan Chong
soulz69
post Nov 22 2019, 12:26 PM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Nov 13 2019, 09:05 AM)
it will arrive next year iiinm.
new plant setup at Pekan currently. Direct from Mitsu. Not from Lousy Tan Chong
hoyeah,
imma waiting for it
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 5 2019, 08:55 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.carmudi.co.id/journal/tak-cuma-...it-di-malaysia/

After Vietnam , Malaysia produced .....News source from Indonesia.... Hooray?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 7 2019, 11:02 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Nov 12 2018, 06:56 AM)

RM78,968

Biar Betul
QUOTE(soulz69 @ Nov 12 2018, 07:45 AM)
i also monitor that zigwheels, before this their website state launch date is Sep, 2018. Then they change it to Dis,2018.
Hope that price is for full spec. brows.gif
QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 7 2019, 01:48 AM)

Date change to Jan 2020...LOL
soulz69
post Dec 7 2019, 11:25 AM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Dec 7 2019, 11:02 AM)
https://www.careta.my/article/xpander-malay...ku-pertama-2020

said that it will be launch first quarter 2020 with CKD.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Dec 7 2019, 12:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Dec 7 2019, 11:25 AM)
https://www.careta.my/article/xpander-malay...ku-pertama-2020

said that it will be launch first quarter 2020 with CKD.
So long that it is 2020....It is good news already.....Thanks for sharing

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Dec 7 2019, 12:22 PM
soulz69
post Dec 7 2019, 01:32 PM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Dec 7 2019, 12:20 PM)
So long that it is 2020....It is good news already.....Thanks for sharing
if next month they launch it which is january 2020, it will be good. biggrin.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Feb 27 2020, 10:31 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

user posted image

New face....Not bad
soulz69
post Feb 27 2020, 02:37 PM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Feb 27 2020, 10:31 AM)
user posted image

New face....Not bad
5-10 years later will come to malaysia.
bye.gif
ron c
post Feb 27 2020, 05:53 PM

45 posts

Don't know if this will ever be launched in Malaysia.
First heard about it in 2018 and was interested but then delay and delay.
Can't wait anymore and bought the Aruz.
I think they are hesitant to launch it here because they know they can never compete with the price of Aruz.
Most of our neighbouring countries already have this. Was supposed to launch in Malaysia in 2018 before Thailand but then the plan was discarded for some reason.
soulz69
post Feb 28 2020, 03:34 AM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(ron c @ Feb 27 2020, 05:53 PM)
Don't know if this will ever be launched in Malaysia.
First heard about it in 2018 and was interested but then delay and delay.
Can't wait anymore and bought the Aruz.
I think they are hesitant to launch it here because they know they can never compete with the price of Aruz.
Most of our neighbouring countries already have this. Was supposed to launch in Malaysia in 2018 before Thailand but then the plan was discarded for some reason.
will be launch this year this mid 2020 around july iinm
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Feb 28 2020, 07:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Feb 28 2020, 03:34 AM)
Not first quarter ?

https://careta.my/article/xpander-malaysia-...ku-pertama-2020

Pasang by DRB hicom at Pekan Pahang accordingly to "sos" careta.

Hopefully good things come to those who wait patiently.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Feb 28 2020, 07:52 AM
soulz69
post Feb 28 2020, 09:17 AM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Feb 28 2020, 07:50 AM)
Not first quarter ?

https://careta.my/article/xpander-malaysia-...ku-pertama-2020

Pasang by DRB hicom at Pekan Pahang accordingly to "sos" careta.

Hopefully good things come to those who wait patiently.
mostly mitsu punya car sales said june or july.
if can come earlier, will be good then. biggrin.gif
ron c
post Feb 28 2020, 03:19 PM

45 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Feb 28 2020, 03:34 AM)
Haha, for me it doesn't make a difference whether it will be launched here because I have already bought the Aruz.
Was hoping the Xpander will include a manual variant because the Aruz does not.
I have always preferred driving a manual car, especially when they are underpowered.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Feb 29 2020, 09:23 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

Meanwhile the spot light is on Triton

https://www.thesundaily.my/gear-up/mitsubis...nuary-LK2059368

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Feb 29 2020, 09:24 AM
soulz69
post Jul 16 2020, 06:42 PM

1,651 posts

https://pandulaju.com.my/spyshot-mitsubishi...ncar-tahun-ini/

Xpander will be launch tak lama lagi?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 17 2020, 01:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Jul 16 2020, 06:42 PM)
This is like a recurring dream....One that no one seemed to be able to wake up from .
soulz69
post Jul 17 2020, 06:11 AM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 17 2020, 01:49 AM)
This is like a recurring dream....One that no one seemed to be able to wake up from .
ya lo. 3 years waiting for the car to come out.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 17 2020, 07:54 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Jul 17 2020, 06:11 AM)
ya lo. 3 years waiting for the car to come out.
Well, it will come otherwise what else is up their sleeves? x Cross?

If nothing new is coming soon, Mitsubishi Motor can't be doing their part as the designated South East Asian region leader under the Renault Nissan Alliance.

leon898
post Jul 17 2020, 05:47 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Jul 16 2020, 06:42 PM)
like i said before...currently they are assembling this car at Pekan...might have delay due to covid
dogbert_chew
post Jul 17 2020, 09:17 PM

Regular
1,130 posts

Mitsu saleslady hinted launch in Oct but delivery most likely 2021
Zaire.Ver
post Jul 17 2020, 09:21 PM

Getting Started
245 posts

name changed or not?
if not would be mitsu spender here
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 18 2020, 09:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION today introduced the all-new crossover XPANDER CROSS in Vietnam, following the launches in Indonesia in November 2019, as well as in the Philippines and Thailand in March 2020

https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releas...oss-in-vietnam/

Vietnam before Malaysia . Malaysia truly boleh
zxcv96
post Jul 18 2020, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
190 posts

Honda quality like shit nowadays, bring it on
dogbert_chew
post Jul 19 2020, 12:27 AM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jul 18 2020, 09:47 AM)
https://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releas...oss-in-vietnam/

Vietnam before Malaysia . Malaysia truly boleh
This is the Cross, we haven't even receive the base Xpander doh.gif
miseralim
post Jul 19 2020, 12:33 AM

Getting Started
75 posts

I just quoted the scuff plate for Xpander about a month ago, so I think they're still trying to figure out what extra accessories to put in.

It's just 200 sets one off order though...
soulz69
post Jul 19 2020, 11:15 AM

1,651 posts

maybe 200 is their target for the first batch.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 21 2020, 09:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2020/07/608...rket-rebound-2h

...Hong Leong Investment Bank Bhd (HLIB) said attractive new model launches by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) would continue to grab higher market share this year.

The firm said the likes of Proton, Perodua, Honda and Mitsubishi were expected to launch new models including locally-assembled Proton X70 and X50, Perodua Bezza and D55L sport utility vehicle, the new Honda BRV, City, CR-V, Accord and Civic, Nissan Almera and Mitsubishi Xpander.

Looks like it is going to happen but when others also launching new models....Going to be tough, I reckon.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jul 21 2020, 09:28 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jul 28 2020, 09:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/mitsubishi-xpan...er-79823/79823/

Yes..2020..But not confirmg the DD/mm
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 5 2020, 08:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.nst.com.my/cbt/2020/07/612327/x...subishi-xpander

CARS BIKES TRUCKS
Xpanding to you: The New Mitsubishi XPANDER
By Cars Bikes and Trucks
July 28, 2020 @ 5:40pm

The Mitsubishi XPANDER was recently launched in Indonesia and won multiple awards in Asean countries, including “2018 Car of the Year” by Otomotif Awards 2018 in Indonesia; ”Philippines 2019 Automobile of the Year in the Standard Category” by Auto Focus People’s Choice Awards; and “Thailand Car of the Year 2019 and 2020: THE BEST MPV UNDER 1,600 c.c.” by Grand Prix International PLC.

The Mitsubishi XPANDER was recently launched in Indonesia and won multiple awards in Asean countries, including “2018 Car of the Year” by Otomotif Awards 2018 in Indonesia; ”Philippines 2019 Automobile of the Year in the Standard Category” by Auto Focus People’s Choice Awards; and “Thailand Car of the Year 2019 and 2020: THE BEST MPV UNDER 1,600 c.c.” by Grand Prix International PLC.

KUALA LUMPUR: Bringing additional competition to the already-heated sports utility vehicle (SUV) and crossover segment, the new seven-seater crossover Mitsubishi XPANDER will make its way to local shores soon as part of its Asean roll-out plan.

It was recently launched in Indonesia and won multiple awards in Asean countries, including "2018 Car of the Year" by Otomotif Awards 2018 in Indonesia; "Philippines 2019 Automobile of the Year in the Standard Category" by Auto Focus People's Choice Awards; and "Thailand Car of the Year 2019 and 2020: THE BEST MPV UNDER 1,600 c.c." by Grand Prix International PLC.

"The XPANDER is not just an important model for MMM, but across the Asean region as well. As of June 2020, the car has reached cumulative sales of around 256,000 units. The success of the XPANDER in our neighbouring countries such as Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam reflects how well-suited this car is to meet the needs of Malaysian customers," said Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia (MMM) chief executive officer Tomoyuki Shinnishi.

"MMM is very excited for a thrilling year ahead with the introduction of this impressive seven-seater crossover in Malaysia later this year."

The XPANDER incorporates a 'Dynamic Shield' front design concept, said to be found in all newly-launched Mitsubishi cars, which thematically express high performance and protection for the driver and passengers.

Recently ? LOL
rwb911
post Aug 5 2020, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
144 posts

errr i feel hit and miss lo. on paper it is quite big, but power lebih kurang aruz pulak lol

that said, it totally sapu the brv in thailand, selling 4x as much lol

This post has been edited by rwb911: Aug 5 2020, 11:11 AM
leon898
post Aug 5 2020, 11:17 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

that is expected for this price range.
More power means u need to splurge more money.
cangkui
post Aug 5 2020, 11:28 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

it reminds me of Avanza..

at least brv has hat suv look.. this xpander looks like a small mpv to me
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 7 2020, 11:20 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(cangkui @ Aug 5 2020, 11:28 AM)
it reminds me of Avanza..

at least brv has hat suv look.. this xpander looks like a small mpv to me
you don't see this sort of potential with Avanza and BRV

https://drivetribe.com/p/this-mitsubishi-xp...US0KWwgR2cvvVJA
GamersFamilia
post Aug 9 2020, 05:07 PM

Videogames Enthusiast , An Avid Gamer and Videogames Collector
All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 7 2020, 11:20 PM)

damn it looks so nice , i mean xpander rally version
cangkui
post Aug 13 2020, 01:14 AM

Getting Started
206 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 7 2020, 11:20 PM)

I beg to differ bro.. still avanza lookalike to me
haroldz123
post Aug 13 2020, 03:03 PM

Regular
1,035 posts

Xpander cross look more garang
Taller
minoru89
post Aug 15 2020, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

I waited more than 2 years. Now settled with used Honda Stream 2011.
GamersFamilia
post Aug 15 2020, 01:23 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(haroldz123 @ Aug 13 2020, 03:03 PM)
Taller
solid too flex.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 15 2020, 02:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(haroldz123 @ Aug 13 2020, 03:03 PM)
Taller
QUOTE(GamersFamilia @ Aug 15 2020, 01:23 PM)
solid too  flex.gif
https://www.kosmo.com.my/2020/08/08/penampi...ubishi-xpander/

Garang it is

Kosmo also said so
GamersFamilia
post Aug 15 2020, 03:57 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 15 2020, 02:07 PM)
yes thinking to get one soon devil.gif
soulz69
post Aug 15 2020, 04:11 PM

1,651 posts

rumors said only come with 1 variant.
better wait and see. can mod using pajero steering brows.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2020, 01:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

soulz69
post Aug 26 2020, 08:59 AM

1,651 posts

still waiting for their iklan.
honda city new sudah keluar.
aiya
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 26 2020, 07:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Aug 26 2020, 08:59 AM)
still waiting for their iklan.
honda city new sudah keluar.
aiya
Aiya....You not heard meh, rumours said that Japanese government is forcing a merger between the ailing Nissan with Honda, so not sure if this affect anything Mitsubishi does because they are in the Renault Nissan Alliance that has Mitsubishi as the third leg....If Renault divorce from Nissan, what doe stay means for Mitsubishi?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 31 2020, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

Look like Xpander has already outsold below in 2019 in South East Asia

Avanza
Vios
Rush
MyVi
City
HRV
Axis
Mazda 2
Jazz
Bezza
Saga
Almera
Lastly BRV

https://www.focus2move.com/asean-best-selling-cars/
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 8 2020, 06:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/mitsubishi-xpan...ng-80307/80307/

That kind of explain why the delay. It is going to be CKD folks at new Pekan plant. Pricing matters.

Make sense....

https://www.dsf.my/2020/08/xpander-ckd-or-cbu/

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 28 2020, 12:56 AM
ben3003
post Sep 8 2020, 06:17 PM

10k Club
All Stars
10,605 posts

bila mau keluar new ASX? sohai mitsubishi.
fireballs
post Sep 8 2020, 06:24 PM

5,627 posts

Not many competitor in this segment
Rush Aruz is a boat
Brz cramp
Exora too old
Avanza no esc

ssmui
post Sep 8 2020, 06:58 PM

Getting Started
70 posts

QUOTE(fireballs @ Sep 8 2020, 06:24 PM)
Not many competitor in this segment
Rush Aruz is a boat
Brz cramp
Exora too old
Avanza no esc
Alza is aging .
fireballs
post Sep 8 2020, 06:59 PM

5,627 posts

QUOTE(ssmui @ Sep 8 2020, 06:58 PM)
Alza is aging .
alza disqualified. not 7 seater is only 4+2 and no ESC

eqmal197
post Sep 9 2020, 09:03 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

Hello,

I booked Xpander yesterday 😁
jepakazoid_82
post Sep 9 2020, 09:18 AM

Enthusiast
829 posts

QUOTE(eqmal197 @ Sep 9 2020, 09:03 AM)
Hello,

Pricing how?

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 9 2020, 09:19 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(eqmal197 @ Sep 9 2020, 09:03 AM)
Hello,

Congratulations. Tell us why , what attracts you to book one?
eqmal197
post Sep 9 2020, 09:34 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(jepakazoid_82 @ Sep 9 2020, 09:18 AM)
Pricing how?
No price disclosed yet
Just in case if price is ok then I'm not worrying put in queue list
Unless if price is not my liking, i just cancelled
loutze
post Sep 9 2020, 09:37 AM

Getting Started
639 posts

Mitsubishi is definitely trying to inject a lot of Delica design into this Xpander, hopefully will have more Delica DNA as well.
eqmal197
post Sep 9 2020, 09:41 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Sep 9 2020, 09:19 AM)
Congratulations. Tell us why , what attracts you to book one?
I need MPV as my family of 5 grow taller 😆

1. Dimesion is slight bigger than BRV
2. A bit taller. Suite me when balik kampung. Kampung road not good
3. Seat folding really good. Unlike BRV, 3rd seat can fold flat (based on indonesian review. At Mid Valley only can preview outside)
4. When preview the car, i can see that it's rear black absorber really huge in diameter. Some say it taken from Evo X suspension. Must be good handling uneven road

For interior, need to wait MMC fully launch in November. Can't rely so much on outside review. Must feel it in person

This post has been edited by eqmal197: Sep 9 2020, 09:44 AM
loutze
post Sep 9 2020, 09:48 AM

Getting Started
639 posts

QUOTE(eqmal197 @ Sep 9 2020, 09:41 AM)

3. Seat folding really good. Unlike BRV, 3rd seat can fold flat (based on indonesian review. At Mid Valley only can preview outside)
4. When preview the car, i can see that it's rear black absorber really huge in diameter. Some say it taken from Evo X suspension. Must be good handling uneven road

For interior, need to wait MMC fully launch in November. Can't rely so much on outside review. Must feel it in person
What's your take if were to compare to Aruz/Rush?
eqmal197
post Sep 9 2020, 10:10 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(loutze @ Sep 9 2020, 09:48 AM)
What's your take if were to compare to Aruz/Rush?
1. Aruz taller. I'm afraid my parent having hard time climbing it
2. Boots not my liking
3. Seat not flat when folded. Not my liking too

Truly, i never test drive Aruz. But i have sit in before at showroom
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 9 2020, 11:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 9 2020, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(eqmal197 @ Sep 9 2020, 09:41 AM)

Thanks for this input. Good choice I would believe
soulz69
post Sep 9 2020, 02:38 PM

1,651 posts

Nazim A. Rahim

Ramai yg minta review, jadi saya kongsi sikit pengalaman saya pakai hampir 1 tahun.
Pro:
1. Jimat minyak. Fuel consumption lebih kurang Myvi 1.5SE (sebab kat sini saya pakai myvi ni).
2. Feature dalaman yg modern dan sgt selesa. Ruang dalam luas hampir sama dgn innova. Avanza lagi kecik (sebab saya ada avanza kat sini so mmg terasa beza)
3. Handling yg superb, stereng response yg ringan.
4. Suspension mmg sedap, langgar bumper atau line kuning tak terasa bergegar mcm kereta europe.
5. Aftersales Mitsubishi sana yg baik. Free maintenance 3 tahun.
6. Spareparts dan aftermarket parts/aksesori yg bnyk dan murah sebab kilang di sana.
7. Dilengkapi dgn double blower kat belakang.
8. 7+1 seater. Ruang kaki utk 3rd row masih saya boleh duduk dgn selesa utk tinggi saya 179cm.
9. Compartment yg bnyk. Setiap row ada autochoke (utk charge alat elektronik).
10. Dah soundproof dari kilang dan dah siap tinted 70%.
Sebelum beli, saya ada buat perbandingan dan test beberapa model lain spt Suzuki Ertiga, Honda Mobilio (BRV), Toyota Veloz (Avanza High Spec), Innova, nissan livina. Xpander overall lebih baik.
Cons:
1. Tak ada reverse sensor apa lagi reverse camera (cuma model ultimate dan cross saja ada). Saya punya model Sports.
2. Head unit masih yg biasa. Patutnya kenderaan modern dah ada multimedia head unit.
3. Untuk cermin belakang masih takde heater utk nyahkabus bila hujan. Cuma ada wiper belakang saja.
Bulan 4 Mitsubishi Indonesia umumkan semua owner Xpander utk tukar fuel pump (free) sebab bnyk kes fuel pump model sebelumnya problem. Kes suspension pula bnyk kes terpencil.
Utk harga jual balik, di sana masih tinggi sebab sejak Xpander diperkenalkan kat pasaran sana, model ni jadi MPV terlaris 3 tahun berturut2.

From FB group xpander : https://www.facebook.com/groups/94708666897...218875491800690

This one is before facelift model. The first model.
Amanda85
post Sep 10 2020, 10:01 AM

Scuderia Ferrari
2,232 posts

one question - do we have to physically receive the car by end of 2020 to qualified for the free SST? not sure when is the launching and the waiting period.

This post has been edited by Amanda85: Sep 10 2020, 10:15 AM
langatian
post Sep 10 2020, 12:21 PM

Getting Started
270 posts

soulz69
post Sep 10 2020, 04:10 PM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(Amanda85 @ Sep 10 2020, 10:01 AM)
one question - do we have to physically receive the car by end of 2020 to qualified for the free SST? not sure when is the launching and the waiting period.
some say launching november because give x50 launch first on october.
doh.gif
eqmal197
post Sep 10 2020, 06:49 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

As confirm by salesman, it's in November
amad108
post Sep 11 2020, 04:24 PM

too much of something is bad enough
998 posts

QUOTE(ssmui @ Sep 8 2020, 06:58 PM)
Alza is aging .
there should be replace maybe next year..
amad108
post Sep 11 2020, 04:25 PM

998 posts

QUOTE(eqmal197 @ Sep 10 2020, 06:49 PM)
As confirm by salesman, it's in November
november too late la.. huhu
wait for what actually?
gold member
post Sep 11 2020, 11:00 PM

Getting Started
90 posts

IIRC, I have seen xpander in indo before. The name is "xpander" but space is more or less similar to wish / livina. Cause Xpander was rumored to replace livina, so it's about that category. The interior also feel cheap, not very grand. Last time have very good impression about space wagon but recent years' mitsubishi just let consumers disappointed. Haven't read in detail but give me the feel that it will be underpower.

This post has been edited by gold member: Sep 11 2020, 11:01 PM
amad108
post Sep 12 2020, 08:23 PM

998 posts

QUOTE(gold member @ Sep 11 2020, 11:00 PM)
IIRC, I have seen xpander in indo before. The name is "xpander" but space is more or less similar to wish / livina. Cause Xpander was rumored to replace livina, so it's about that category. The interior also feel cheap, not very grand. Last time have very good impression about space wagon but recent years' mitsubishi just let consumers disappointed. Haven't read in detail but give me the feel that it will be underpower.
i did ride it in indonesia last year, spacious wise similar with innova IMO..
eqmal197
post Sep 15 2020, 11:13 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Sep 11 2020, 04:25 PM)
november too late la.. huhu
wait for what actually?
I don't mind waiting. If next year sales tax back to normal?
amad108
post Sep 16 2020, 08:10 PM

998 posts

QUOTE(eqmal197 @ Sep 15 2020, 11:13 AM)
I don't mind waiting. If next year sales tax back to normal?
probably sweat.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 19 2020, 02:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://myelectriccarsworld.com/mitsubishi-...ts-paultan-org/

Mitsubishi Xpander makes use of Evo X suspension elements? – <link removed>
By Molly Bernie- September 19, 202008

Consolation is a crucial consideration in a household automotive. Dealing with capabilities? Not a lot. However there are some events the place each traits go hand in hand. Working example – the dampers on the Mitsubishi Xpander are stated to have “high-performance valves” impressed by the mighty Lancer Evolution X.

This daring declare was made by Mitsubishi Motors Philippines through the crossover’s media drive and was notably picked up by publications equivalent to Prime Gear Philippines. This declare can be present in advertising and marketing supplies in a couple of markets, together with Egypt.

Curiously, Mitsubishi by no means made any point out of damper valves in press releases or advertising and marketing supplies for the Evolution X. It needs to be identified that the automotive was accessible with two totally different damper choices in its lifetime, with the Excessive Efficiency Bundle including Bilstein shock absorbers.

However what does the chassis of a hardcore rally-ready sports activities sedan must do with a comfort-oriented folks mover? Nicely, suspension know-how doesn’t simply profit high-power, high-g-force purposes – the usage of higher parts additionally implies that a automotive can present a secure and supple journey, irrespective of how tough the terrain beneath is.

To grasp why, let’s have a look at the fundamentals of how a shock absorber works. It consists of a tube stuffed with fluid by way of which a piston strikes – this piston options small orifices and valves that solely permit a specific amount of fluid to cross by way of at anybody time, offering the damping drive.

Enhancements to the valves can provide you finer management over damping, which can not solely scale back physique roll but additionally enhance the journey high quality. These “high-performance valves” might make the Xpander really feel extra refined on the highway – essential provided that it rides on a extra primary torsion beam rear suspension.

So, do Evolution X parts actually make a tangible distinction to the way in which the Xpander drives? Nicely, we’ll simply must drive it when it launches in Malaysia later within the yr, to search out out.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Sep 19 2020, 02:40 PM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 20 2020, 12:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/...pv-disappeared/

And now is come back time?!
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 21 2020, 12:18 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.kosmo.com.my/2020/09/21/mitsubi...pejabat-baharu/

Gearing up for sales?!
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Sep 27 2020, 01:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

Still..Think. This is kinda of COOL.

https://www.oto.com.sg/car-news/check-out-t...the-xpander-mpv
soulz69
post Sep 27 2020, 06:35 PM

1,651 posts

how the pricing?
many sales person said 93-97k
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 5 2020, 11:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Sep 27 2020, 06:35 PM)
how the pricing?
tongue.gif https://www.zigwheels.my/car-news/buy-or-ho...y-toyota-avanza

Zigwheel said expected RM78,900 tongue.gif
soulz69
post Oct 5 2020, 11:54 PM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Oct 5 2020, 11:46 PM)
that zigwheel gg one la haha laugh.gif
dogbert_chew
post Oct 6 2020, 12:54 AM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Sep 27 2020, 06:35 PM)
how the pricing?
A sales lady just whatsapp me yesterday 96K.

Official launching pushed to Nov but later this month booking open, She said.

Guess MMM is pricing it ard BRV range since so much interest registered. If indeed at this price range, how would it fare against the X70, u think?

This post has been edited by dogbert_chew: Oct 6 2020, 12:57 AM
leon898
post Oct 6 2020, 08:09 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Oct 6 2020, 12:54 AM)

Guess MMM is pricing it ard BRV range since so much interest registered. If indeed at this price range, how would it fare against the X70, u think?
I was expecting 80k-ish for entry trim... but lets wait for confirmation first
soulz69
post Oct 7 2020, 06:44 AM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Oct 6 2020, 12:54 AM)

different segment car. cannot talk much.
360 cam
autocruise
9 inch entertainment
but 2 airbag.
below 90k will be boom.
soulz69
post Oct 7 2020, 06:45 AM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Oct 6 2020, 08:09 AM)
I was expecting 80k-ish for entry trim... but lets wait for confirmation first
only 1 spec only release. full spec one. can expect price like brv full spec.

leon898
post Oct 7 2020, 08:27 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Oct 7 2020, 06:45 AM)
only 1 spec only release. full spec one. can expect price like brv full spec.
I see. easy to manufacture then.
soulz69
post Nov 1 2020, 12:05 AM

1,651 posts

still no price release.
need to wait until 5 nov.
anyone booking already?
got freegift?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Nov 1 2020, 05:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Nov 1 2020, 12:05 AM)
still no price release.
need to wait until 5 nov.
anyone booking already?
got freegift?
Price under RM100k is reported many rounds by Pault**

The lack of air bags is such a let down to be honest. Cannot pass go for me (to borrow a monopoly boardgame's term)

dogbert_chew
post Nov 5 2020, 03:28 PM

Regular
1,130 posts

RM91K. If 89k i think will sell better
soulz69
post Nov 5 2020, 06:28 PM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Nov 5 2020, 03:28 PM)
RM91K. If 89k i think will sell better
yup. the price is to compete with other car on the same class eg: brv
the price is without tax.
if with tax will be around brv price 96k

amad108
post Nov 7 2020, 01:45 AM

998 posts

QUOTE(soulz69 @ Nov 5 2020, 06:28 PM)
yup. the price is to compete with other car on the same class eg: brv
the price is without tax.
if with tax will be around brv price 96k
rm91k with 2 airbag and 4AT gbx.. hermm..
while almera similar price with better safety features and good fuel consumption
soulz69
post Nov 7 2020, 09:03 AM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Nov 7 2020, 01:45 AM)
while almera similar price with better safety features and good fuel consumption
xpander selling point should be their size and 7 seater mpv.
their evo suspension system.
the 3rd row is big enough for adult person to seat.
if want better safety features within same class, buy rush.
for more cheaper buy aruz.

almera is a good car with cheap roadtax brows.gif

This post has been edited by soulz69: Nov 7 2020, 09:04 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Nov 7 2020, 10:04 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Nov 7 2020, 01:45 AM)
Yeah 2 air bag is a big turn off...4AT is not ideal but many can live with that since this is a people Carrier
6UE5T
post Nov 7 2020, 01:01 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Nov 7 2020, 10:04 AM)
Yeah 2 air bag is a big turn off...4AT is not ideal but many can live with that since this is a people Carrier
Same like Livina last time. How many airbags do BRV and Aruz have btw?
zairee2580
post Nov 7 2020, 01:38 PM

Casual
381 posts

I'd just don't get the engine. SOHC vs DOHC and still SOHC wins..
heihei
post Nov 7 2020, 04:11 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(zairee2580 @ Nov 7 2020, 01:38 PM)
I'd just don't get the engine. SOHC vs DOHC and still SOHC wins..
this is not about sohc and dohc liao
is how the manufacturer want the power to be deliver
the 1.5 has been on this 10x ps age for 15 year at least bangwall.gif

new 1.5 Di from honda can go up to 131hp liao yet lor
heihei
post Nov 7 2020, 04:12 PM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Nov 7 2020, 01:01 PM)
Same like Livina last time. How many airbags do BRV and Aruz have btw?
BRV 2 , Aruz 6

but space wise is xpander stronghold
amad108
post Nov 7 2020, 07:18 PM

998 posts

QUOTE(heihei @ Nov 7 2020, 04:12 PM)
BRV 2 , Aruz 6

but space wise is xpander stronghold
well that's about it..
pros
BRV = better acceleration and good fuel consumption
Aruz = cheaper price, good NVH, and better safety equipment
Rush = similar with Aruz but extra rm20k price tag (but no ASA 2.0 or toyota sense right?)

6UE5T
post Nov 7 2020, 07:57 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Nov 7 2020, 07:18 PM)
well that's about it..
pros
Rush = similar with Aruz but extra rm20k price tag (but no ASA 2.0 or toyota sense right?)
Then Aruz is the best buy.
heihei
post Nov 9 2020, 11:39 AM

Getting Started
208 posts

QUOTE(amad108 @ Nov 7 2020, 07:18 PM)
well that's about it..
pros
Aruz has the worst space , even smaller than alza by a huge margin
only plus point would be larger luggage space

hi speed stability and ride quality is another major achilles heel of the car
putra23
post Nov 11 2020, 04:06 PM

On my way
652 posts

What about Xander vs Exora?
The price point for Exora much lower...

Which is better in terms of actual interior size? Especially 3rd row...
dogbert_chew
post Nov 13 2020, 11:36 AM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(putra23 @ Nov 11 2020, 04:06 PM)
What about Xander vs Exora?
The price point for Exora much lower...

Which is better in terms of actual interior size? Especially 3rd row...
Likely Iriz Persona getting their CVT replaced, perhaps Exora too might be better buy after
putra23
post Nov 15 2020, 02:19 PM

On my way
652 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Nov 13 2020, 11:36 AM)
Likely Iriz Persona getting their CVT replaced, perhaps Exora too might be better buy after
What about interior space?
djlake
post Nov 15 2020, 02:22 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 21 2017, 11:00 PM)
The Mitsu is now under which automotive conglomerate eh?
dogbert_chew
post Nov 15 2020, 09:45 PM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(putra23 @ Nov 15 2020, 02:19 PM)
What about interior space?
Xpander slightly roomier according to specs. But Have not personally tried sitting in one.

For me it is still the CVT and I would wait for 2021 news of any changes to the Exora to consider it over the Xpander for the 25K savings
dogbert_chew
post Nov 15 2020, 09:49 PM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(djlake @ Nov 15 2020, 02:22 PM)
Renault owns 43% of Nissan which owns 34% of Mitsubishi, as of 2019
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Nov 16 2020, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(djlake @ Nov 15 2020, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Nov 15 2020, 09:49 PM)
Renault owns 43% of Nissan which owns 34% of Mitsubishi, as of 2019
Now has a lot of noises about Nissan intend to sell all or part of it's stake at Mitsubishi

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/compa...tsubishi-motors
dogbert_chew
post Nov 16 2020, 03:14 PM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Nov 16 2020, 03:08 PM)
Now has a lot of noises about Nissan intend to sell all or part of it's stake at Mitsubishi

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/compa...tsubishi-motors
Thats why i said as of 2019. But i dont think they will sell now because lack of buyers will push the price way below what was paid. Also Mitsu is not the one bleeding the worst.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Nov 16 2020, 03:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Nov 16 2020, 03:14 PM)
Thats why i said as of 2019. But i dont think they will sell now because lack of buyers will push the price way below what was paid. Also Mitsu is not the one bleeding the worst.
Yes you did...I hope they go their separate ways actually....They can be like Subaru or Mazda....Just form some technical cooperation (like how those two did with Toyota) but remained independent still. Small.but beautiful as how they have repeatedly mentioned it themselves...But this pandemic is going to shake things so bad, that I think Mitsubishi is better off partnering more with its non Japanese partners like in China, Indonesia, and their re-entry into India

http://autonews.gasgoo.com/m/70017324.html

https://www.financialexpress.com/auto/car-n...launch/1988108/

To.be honest, I think they are more agile and adaptive and even more decisive than Nissan now, so if Nissan wanted to sell, so be it, Mitsubishi has enough things going with their own doing anyway

https://thedriven.io/2020/11/02/mitsubishi-...hybrid-minivan/

Mitsubishi Motors looks to be boosting its electric and hybrid vehicle ambitions, with reports out of Japan that the automaker will add five or more electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles to its lineup starting this year.

Nikkei Asia reported on Monday that Mitsubishi would be accelerating its push into electrics in response to increasingly strong vehicle emissions rules worldwide.

As The Driven has reported, the plug-in Eclipse Cross will be first off the mark, slated for a December launch in its home market, early 2021 for the US, and then later in the year for Australia and New Zealand.

This will be followed by the new Outlander plug-in hybrid (PHEV), which is due for release in the fiscal year starting April 2022 and – as reported here – will come with the addition of two-way or bi-directional charging, among other bells and whistles.

But Mitsubishi – which has fallen behind the global pace since being a market leader with the iMiEV – appears to have decided that its current portfolio of just three electric and plug-in hybrid models combined is not good enough.

Beyond the Eclipse and the Outlander, Nikkei reports that Mitsubishi is planning to release a hybrid version of its Xpander minivan, as early as fiscal 2023.

On pure electric cars, Mitsubishi will work with partners such as the Guangzhou Automobile Group, in China, where it plans to jointly release an EV in fiscal 2021, according to Nikkei.

The new EVs and hybrids add meat to the bones of the “small but beautiful” mid-term business plan put forward by Mitsubishi in July.

“We will shift our strategy from all-round expansion to selection and concentration,” said Mitsubishi Motors chief executive officer Takao Kato at the time.

“First of all, we will complete our structural reforms and further strengthen our competitive areas—ultimately to build a corporate structure that can surely generate profits during this mid-term period.”
The only part I think will be affected is :
And in another partnership with fellow Japanese car maker, Nissan, Mitsubishi reportedly also has plans to develop a mini-EV as part of a three-way alliance with France’s Renault.

If their partnershio with Nissan fail that is....Does not sound like losing much to be honest.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Nov 16 2020, 03:40 PM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Feb 27 2021, 12:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

Doing great in Vietnam
Source: wapcar

Mitsubishi Xpander outsells Toyota Avanza by 155x in Vietnam in Jan 2021!

Sanjay

Feb 23, 2021 10:00 AM

There's good sales, and then there's absolutely dominant sales. The latter is an honour the Mitsubishi Xpander proudly wears in Vietnam, thanks to Mitsubishi Motors Vietnam selling 2,793 units of the 7-seater there in January 2021. 

According to data published by Vietnamese media, the Xpander grabbed 78.1% market share of all MPVs sold there last month.

It's actually rather jarring to see how none of its competitors could even come close - no other offering could even crack the '300 units sold' mark.

The Suzuki XL7 - also sold in Thailand, could Malaysia be next?

Coming in second place - with a paltry 292 units sold, making up 8.2% market share - is the Suzuki XL7.

Vietnamese-specs Innova is essentially like ours

The Toyota Innova takes third place. Only 247 of those were sold (6.9% market share). In other words, 11.3x lesser than the Xpander. 

Peep the brown colour we don't get...and one that customers have to wait eight months for

Rounding off the top five are the Kia Rondo (44 units) and Toyota Avanza (18 units).

What's the Vietnam-spec Xpander like?

It pretty much mirrors ours, powered by a 1.5-litre, naturally-aspirated four-cylinder mill making 104 PS and 141 Nm. Apart from the 4-speed automatic transmission, Vietnamese customers also get a 5-speed manual option, depending on variant.

The higher-end AT variant comes with leather interior upholstery, the MT gets fabric only

And of course, it keeps seating for seven, and more storage spaces than you know what to do with. Basically the same things we know and love that made it a winner in wapcar's Car of the Year Awards 2020. Attached Image Attached Image

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Feb 28 2021, 03:50 AM
ktek
post Mar 1 2021, 10:37 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

vietnam got mco or not
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Mar 2 2021, 11:09 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Mar 1 2021, 10:37 AM)
vietnam got mco or not
What does that have to do with anything?

Mitsubishi is one to watch for Hybrid Expander or at least the older PHEV outlander and we should get them fast

https://www.theedgemarkets.com/article/mits...rification-push

ktek
post Mar 2 2021, 11:39 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

becos u say the sale number is increase very much
me curiousity
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Mar 2 2021, 12:41 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

Product plans

Attached Image Attached Image
leon898
post Mar 2 2021, 03:15 PM

Enthusiast
733 posts

Not surprising. Good product, IMHO. I hope they back on track after this. We need more competition
Mr Mercedes
post Mar 3 2021, 01:32 PM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Mar 2 2021, 12:41 PM)
Product plans

Attached Image Attached Image
No plans for the Outlander PHEV? Their best selling product in Europe.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Mar 3 2021, 03:37 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Mar 3 2021, 01:32 PM)
No plans for the Outlander PHEV? Their best selling product in Europe.
The slides said FY2022...You.must have missed it because it is Gray
Mr Mercedes
post Mar 4 2021, 10:09 AM

Casual
392 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Mar 3 2021, 03:37 PM)
The slides said FY2022...You.must have missed it because it is Gray
Oops my bad. Totally missed it. Wonder what those all new models are, hoping for it to be a new lancer evo, but that's just unlikely lol.gif
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Mar 4 2021, 10:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(Mr Mercedes @ Mar 4 2021, 10:09 AM)
Oops my bad. Totally missed it. Wonder what those all new models are, hoping for it to be a new lancer evo, but that's just unlikely  lol.gif
The silhouettes look like SUV....The new models are `developed' from / with Nissan, so me think lancer evo is off judging from the way Nissan killed off C ad D segments Sedans
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Mar 9 2021, 10:39 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.focus2move.com/malaysian-vehicles-market/

Malaysian auto market in 2020 falls by 12.4% as the pandemic and lockdowns affect sales. Full-Year sales have been 529.829, while Mitsubishi (+12.6%) jumps 3 spots and reports the best performance on the leaderboard.

And now ...They bring their show room to your phone/tablet/laptop/computer

https://www.carlist.my/news/mitsubishi-mala...om-82142/82142/

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Mar 11 2021, 11:26 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/indonesia-sa...-132519932.html

[QUOTE]Indonesia says Suzuki, Mitsubishi to increase autos investments

Thu, March 11, 2021, 9:25 PM·1 min read

JAKARTA, March 11 (Reuters) - Japanese automakers Suzuki Motor Corp and Mitsubishi Motors Corp plan to increase their investments in Indonesia over the next four years in the manufacturing of hybrid models, an Indonesian minister said.

Suzuki will raise its investment in Indonesia by 1.2 trillion rupiah ($83.36 million) to develop mild hybrid vehicles, Indonesia's industry minister Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita, said on Thursday in Japan, where he is meeting automakers and government officials.

Mitsubishi Motors will invest an additional 11.2 trillion rupiah ($778 million) in Indonesia by the end of 2025 and develop two electric vehicles in the country, Agus said in a statement released late on Wednesday.

The offices of Mitsubishi and Suzuki in Indonesia did not immediately respond to requests for confirmation late on Thursday, which was an Indonesian national holiday.

Mitsubishi's chief executive Takao Kato told Reuters in December that the automaker sees hybrid models in Southeast Asia as a key part of its electrification strategy to stay competitive in the region.

Agus said Mitsubishi's production capacity in the country would also be increased.

He said vehicle ownership was low in Indonesia so "the potential of investors coming in is really good."

Toyota Motor Corp has previously said that it planned invest $2 billion to develop electric vehicles (EVs) in Indonesia over the next four years. (https://reut.rs/3l5Qn1M)

Indonesia aims to start processing its rich supplies of nickel laterite ore for use in lithium batteries as part of a bid to eventually become a global hub for producing and exporting EVs.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Mar 13 2021, 02:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.nst.com.my/business/2021/03/673...omotive-segment
Triton and Xpander Cross put them there , behind Honda, Toyota but above Nissan and Mazda.

Malaysia Mitsubishi BOLEH : )
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Mar 21 2021, 10:28 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industr...-you-think.html

Mitsubishi Xpander hybrid coming sooner than you think
Mitsubishi is getting ready for the next-gen Xpander and hybrid modelsby Anton AndresMarch 16, 2021 11:19

ktek
post Mar 21 2021, 11:16 AM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

u didnt promote other brand now ?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 7 2021, 08:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.bharian.com.my/bisnes/auto/2021...ggi-di-malaysia

Bestever sales record

https://www.wapcar.my/news/26026/amp
9,300 bookings for Mitsubishi Xpander, pushes Mitsubishi ahead of Nissan

Hans

Apr 6, 2021 02:36 PM

Mitsubishi Motors Malaysia (MMM) has collected over 9,300 bookings for the Mitsubishi Xpander since its launch in November 2020, of which 2,742 units have been delivered.

“Due to the overwhelming positive response for the new Xpander, we are progressing to increase our production volume to cater for higher production capacity to fulfil all booking demands,” said Tomoyuki Shinnishi, Chief Executive Officer of MMM.

The 7-seater Mitsubishi Xpander is locally-assembled (CKD) in Pekan by a joint venture between MMM and Japan’s Mitsubishi Motors Corporation. Known as MMC Manufacturing Malaysia Sdn. Bhd., the outfit operates a Mitsubishi Motors-exclusive vehicle assembly facility within the DRB-Hicom automotive manufacturing complex.

MMM’s biggest seller remains the Mitsubishi Triton, which MMM sold 7,568 units in the last financial year (April 2020 – March 2021), up 32 percent from the preceding financial year.

Including with the Mitsubishi Outlander and ASX, MMM sold a total of 11,554 units for Financial Year 2020, up by a staggering 51 percent from the previous year.

In the first three months of 2021, MMM sold 4,156 units, up 135 percent from the same 3-month period last year. It's MMM's best quarterly sales ever.

With this, MMM says it has overtaken Edaran Tan Chong Motor's Nissan to become the No.3 non-national brand in Malaysia, and now ranks behind Toyota and Honda.

Nissan’s drop however, is to be expected as the company is phasing out the old Nissan Navara, which will be replaced by a new 2021 Nissan Navara, now with a kitted up Navara Pro-4X variant.

The new Navara is now open for bookings and the model will be launched later this month. We expect Nissan's sales to improve in the coming months.

On MMM's part, the company will of course want to maintain its No.3 position, and will be launching an accessorized Mitsubishi Triton Athlete variant later this week.

Hans

Head of Content

Over 15 years of experience in automotive, from product planning, to market research, to print and digital media. Garages a 6-cylinder manual RWD but buses to work.
This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Apr 7 2021, 11:09 AM
Relaxing work
post Apr 12 2021, 09:47 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

Looks like long wait for me, just booked this XPANDER, two weeks ago. I hope the SST free will be extended.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 13 2021, 03:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(Relaxing work @ Apr 12 2021, 09:47 AM)
Looks like long wait for me, just booked this XPANDER, two weeks ago. I hope the SST free will be extended.
Congratulations. hope the current chip shortage issue affecting Thailand and Japan Mitsubishi will not affect your delivery
ktek
post Apr 13 2021, 08:38 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

QUOTE(Relaxing work @ Apr 12 2021, 09:47 AM)
what color u pick

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Apr 13 2021, 03:38 PM)
Congratulations.  hope the current chip shortage issue affecting Thailand and Japan Mitsubishi will not affect your delivery
msia get cbu or ckd one
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Apr 14 2021, 12:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Apr 13 2021, 08:38 PM)
what color u pick
msia get cbu or ckd one
CKD
Relaxing work
post Apr 14 2021, 10:42 AM

Getting Started
167 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Apr 13 2021, 08:38 PM)
what color u pick
msia get cbu or ckd one
I picked WHITE
It is CKD, Plant in Pekan, Pahang
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jun 3 2021, 12:43 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.zigwheels.my/car-news/get-ready...ing-out-in-2023

Get ready for the new Xpander, coming out in 2023
Purva Jain Mei 14, 2021 For Mitsubishi Xpander

KUALA LUMPUR: Mitsubishi Xpander was revealed back in 2017 and back then it created a lot of noise in the auto industry. Based on a concept revealed in 2016, Xpander has gained a lot of sales for the company and now it's high time for a revision. Meaning a facelift model is more than expected sooner than later. And it's happening!

user posted image

How do we know? Mitsubishi Motors Corporation's FY2020 annual report included a roadmap that mentions introducing a 'new Xpander' in 2023. So, a two-year waiting time to meet the facelifted SUV, but it all will be worth it, we are sure.

Though Mitsubishi's roadmap doesn't mention any details about the upcoming models, the 'new Xpander' is no different. However, it does mention an 'Xpander HEV' model that will also be introduced in 2023. So, if nothing else a new hybrid powertrain is sure to arrive.

Many including us expect the 'new Xpander' to benefit from a major facelift with revision not only limited to its styling but also including new features and tech.
user posted image

For the 2023 Mitsubishi Xpander, we expect to see a revised exterior design, something in-line with the brand's latest concerts. The cabin we hope is spruced up with more comfort features and will hopefully include a range of advanced driver assistance features.

Another model listed in the Mitsubishi roadmap is the 'new Triton' whose arrival is due for 2022. Will, Mitsubishi Malaysia lineup include the new Trition model? Only time will tell, but at least the wait is not that long.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jun 3 2021, 12:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.wapcar.my/news/nextgen-2023-mit...owertrain-27499

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-industr...t-a-hybrid.html

As to what will power the electrified Xpander, it could get the powertrain from the Delica D:2 (not to be confused with the larger Delica D:5 van) sold in Japan. It has a 1.2-liter engine paired to a DC synchronous electric motor and a continuously variable transmission (CVT). The engine makes 91 PS and 118 Nm of torque while the electric motor packs 3.1 PS and 5.1 Nm of torque. With its average fuel consumption of 22.4 km/l in mixed driving conditions, the Delica D:2's hybrid powertrain could make sense in the Xpander HEV.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jun 3 2021, 12:49 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jun 6 2021, 02:31 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/6-reasons-mitsubi...-000000484.html

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jan 30 2023, 05:42 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.thestar.com.my/business/busines...icles-this-year
dogbert_chew
post Jan 30 2023, 09:10 AM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jan 30 2023, 05:42 AM)
Not sure how the Xpander is going to compete w Alza, Veloz
any particular feature that stands out..
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jan 30 2023, 11:27 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Jan 30 2023, 09:10 AM)
Not sure how the Xpander is going to compete w Alza,  Veloz
any particular feature that stands out..
Word of Advise: a mytukar certain someone told me many Alza are being sold to mytukar...

My take is there are many unhappy Alza owners?!

As for Veloz vs Xpander

https://oto.detik.com/ototest-mobil/d-59439...-yang-terbaik/2

Kesimpulan

Dengan perbandingan harga Rp 6 jutaan, memilih satu di antara kedua mobil ini menjadi pekerjaan yang cukup sulit. Tentunya itu semua kembali kepada kebutuhan calon konsumen.

Jika ingin mesin yang lebih bertenaga di putaran bawah dan merasakan sensasi fitur keselamatan aktif TSS, maka Toyota Avanza 1.5 G CVT TSS ini bisa menjadi pilihan yang menarik, terlebih harganya jauh lebih murah dari Xpander Ultimate.

Sementara bagi calon konsumen yang ingin merasakan nuansa kabin yang lebih kedap dan lebih mewah, serta suspensi yang nyaman untuk di berbagai kondisi jalan, maka bisa memilih Mitsubishi Xpander Ultimate.

Baca artikel detikoto, "Duel Toyota Avanza vs Mitsubishi Xpander, Mana yang Terbaik?" selengkapnya https://oto.detik.com/ototest-mobil/d-59439...na-yang-terbaik.

Download Apps Detikcom Sekarang https://apps.detik.com/detik/

Perhaps the above draw out answer to what you have just asked ?

dogbert_chew
post Jan 30 2023, 12:29 PM

Regular
1,130 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jan 30 2023, 11:27 AM)
As for Veloz vs Xpander

https://oto.detik.com/ototest-mobil/d-59439...-yang-terbaik/2
Perhaps the above draw out answer to what you have just asked ?
Found this,

https://www.autodeal.com.ph/articles/car-fe...subishi-xpander

Being newer, I think Veloz might have the edge. Mitsubishi really need to work hard to push Xpander sales.

This post has been edited by dogbert_chew: Jan 30 2023, 12:35 PM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jan 31 2023, 09:51 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dogbert_chew @ Jan 30 2023, 12:29 PM)
Found this,

https://www.autodeal.com.ph/articles/car-fe...subishi-xpander

Being newer, I think Veloz might have the edge. Mitsubishi really need to work hard to push Xpander sales.
Therefore heavy blasting of feel good and feel great Ad from MMM lor

https://www.dailyexpress.com.my/read/4813/k...ubishi-xpander/

https://www.dsf.my/2023/01/mitsubishi-xpand...hah-alam-event/

Anyway, It badly needs to make up its airbag counts, etc.

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Jan 31 2023, 09:54 AM
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Feb 14 2023, 08:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

https://www.carlist.my/news/mitsubishi-asx-...on-93690/93690/

Interesting
tboxmy
post Jun 12 2023, 11:18 AM

Casual
475 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jun 3 2021, 12:43 AM)
https://www.zigwheels.my/car-news/get-ready...ing-out-in-2023

Get ready for the new Xpander, coming out in 2023
Purva Jain Mei 14, 2021 For Mitsubishi Xpander

KUALA LUMPUR: Mitsubishi Xpander was revealed back in 2017 and back then it created a lot of noise in the auto industry. Based on a concept revealed in 2016, Xpander has gained a lot of sales for the company and now it's high time for a revision. Meaning a facelift model is more than expected sooner than later. And it's happening!
user posted image

How do we know? Mitsubishi Motors Corporation's FY2020 annual report included a roadmap that mentions introducing a 'new Xpander' in 2023. So, a two-year waiting time to meet the facelifted SUV, but it all will be worth it, we are sure.
Though Mitsubishi's roadmap doesn't mention any details about the upcoming models, the 'new Xpander' is no different. However, it does mention an 'Xpander HEV' model that will also be introduced in 2023. So, if nothing else a new hybrid powertrain is sure to arrive.
Many including us expect the 'new Xpander' to benefit from a major facelift with revision not only limited to its styling but also including new features and tech.
user posted image
For the 2023 Mitsubishi Xpander, we expect to see a revised exterior design, something in-line with the brand's latest concerts. The cabin we hope is spruced up with more comfort features and will hopefully include a range of advanced driver assistance features.

Another model listed in the Mitsubishi roadmap is the 'new Triton' whose arrival is due for 2022. Will, Mitsubishi Malaysia lineup include the new Trition model? Only time will tell, but at least the wait is not that long.
Its June 2023, and no sign of changes to xpander except for its price increase and its CEO, SHINYA IKEDA.
Anyone with more news?

This post has been edited by tboxmy: Jun 12 2023, 11:21 AM
soulz69
post Jun 12 2023, 03:14 PM

1,651 posts

QUOTE(tboxmy @ Jun 12 2023, 11:18 AM)
Its June 2023, and no sign of changes to xpander except for its price increase and its CEO, SHINYA IKEDA.
Anyone with more news?
maybe end of 2023 the facelift model will be launch but we might expect a delay because the initial model Xpander was supposed to be released in Malaysia in 2018, however it was postponed until 2020.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Jun 12 2023, 06:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(tboxmy @ Jun 12 2023, 11:18 AM)
Anyone with more news?
https://autobuzz.my/2023/05/11/mitsubishi-x...uv-coming-soon/

https://www.zigwheels.my/car-news/get-ready...eduled-for-2024

The same ahs been reported by Pault*n

2024 was mentioned
tboxmy
post Jun 12 2023, 07:03 PM

Casual
475 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Jun 12 2023, 06:51 PM)
Seem to only indicate hybrid coming to xpander, but nothing on extra passenger airbags. Its an impressive car, lets see if I will be driving an xpander soon, OR the Aruz.
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Oct 18 2023, 11:40 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(tboxmy @ Jun 12 2023, 07:03 PM)
Seem to only indicate hybrid coming to xpander, but nothing on extra passenger airbags. Its an impressive car, lets see if I will be driving an xpander soon, OR the Aruz.
https://www.carlist.my/news/mitsubishi-xpan...ly-2024/132118/

More details still yet to come
GamersFamilia
post Oct 18 2023, 05:45 PM

All Stars
13,071 posts

QUOTE(tboxmy @ Jun 12 2023, 07:03 PM)
it's already october , so which car you go for ? xpander or aruz ?
babisotong
post Oct 18 2023, 06:11 PM

On my way
585 posts

walauweh, 3 days ago got 1 guy driving Xpander at SKVE refused to switched lane to mid and kept on hugging right lane even i beam him quite far away (not spam 1 a, just to informed him I'm faster, move to mid a bit let me through).

He WOT thinking he can go faster sadly, NO. I think his Xpander maxed out around 170kmh, so i just pass him from mid lane.

1.5 NA with that body and weight near 1.3tons.

i think he solo in the car, not bad a 170kmh from a car heavier thn new Alza with almost similar power. I wonder how long he push the car to reach that speed.
ktek
post Oct 18 2023, 10:20 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

QUOTE(babisotong @ Oct 18 2023, 06:11 PM)
walauweh, 3 days ago got 1 guy driving Xpander at SKVE refused to switched lane to mid and kept on hugging right lane even i beam him quite far away (not spam 1 a, just to informed him I'm faster, move to mid a bit let me through).

He WOT thinking he can go faster sadly, NO. I think his Xpander maxed out around 170kmh, so i just pass him from mid lane.

1.5 NA with that body and weight near 1.3tons.

i think he solo in the car, not bad a 170kmh from a car heavier thn new Alza with almost similar power.  I wonder how long he push the car to reach that speed.
mitsubishi setup 4at too heavvy. sorry disturb ur line
3rd gear tarik until 160 that y.
upshift 4th gear terus end of top spd
ktek
post Oct 18 2023, 10:21 PM

拼拼拼多啦
All Stars
12,549 posts

may i know 170 on meter or gps u mentioned
babisotong
post Oct 19 2023, 01:20 PM

On my way
585 posts

QUOTE(ktek @ Oct 18 2023, 10:21 PM)
may i know 170 on meter or gps u mentioned
idk ba, i was doing over 180+ gps speed when overtaking him, i google around ( 170max ) for his car, so that's why i put 170.. my car easily reach 170 but dead at 180++ haha.. setup bukan untk top run..

This post has been edited by babisotong: Oct 19 2023, 01:21 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1293sec    0.40    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:27 PM