Total Votes: 242
Guests cannot vote 
views

destee88
post Aug 24 2017, 11:53 AM

Regular
1,376 posts

QUOTE(HMMaster @ Aug 24 2017, 10:52 AM)
Based on price listed in the screenshot, it is cheaper than the BRV. (at least in Indo)
indo off course,, in malaysia nope .. sure over RM90K .. thanks to our gomen for high tax ...
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 01:00 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(aquilaTE @ Aug 24 2017, 10:51 AM)
Do have to admit it's quite a nice looking car as compared to BR-V. I do wish they have given a bit more techs and darker interior.

But then again, this is aimed to poke at the likes of mobilio, avanza...
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/08/mitsubi...s-leaked-277313

ada. sport variant.

[attachmentid=9075849]
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 01:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

@zweimmk

in Malaysia, Nissan has always been a weaker brand all along compare to Honda, so was Mitsubishi. No contest.

Nissan's design has always been dated due to TCM always slow slow bring in new models and by the time they do, they are dated on the date they are launched Unlike Honda always timely with their products refresh every few years.

But Mitsubishi is not under TCM....and guess what? In the context of South East Asia Mitsubishi is regarded higher than Nissan

https://asia.nikkei.com/Features/Multinatio...ast-Asia?page=2

Take a look at the market share of Mitsubishi vs Nissan in Thailand & Indonesia below

Attached Image

Despite having smaller product line up, M>N in these countries in terms of market share. But more importantly if you add the market shares of both brands, it becomes over or near Honda's

That is the power of the Alliance. If Mitsubishi as a stronger brand compares to Nissan now has access to the Alliance platform is able to expand their products offering (they need not start from ground up now) , just imagine the potential.

Last but not least guess who is #2 behind toyota in Philippine?
https://www.carmudi.com.ph/journal/local-au...-january-sales/
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Xpander i reckon is just the start of exciting time ahead for Mitsubishi

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Aug 24 2017, 01:40 PM
raquinz
post Aug 24 2017, 01:48 PM

Getting Started
264 posts

Xpander is definitely heavier and bigger than BRV but only have 104hp and using 4AT compared to BRV 120hp and using CVT..Wonder what is the fuel consumption eatw? Mitsubishi have not publish any figure for Xpander..
dstl1128
post Aug 24 2017, 01:53 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 09:29 AM)
The service level has no direct correlation with number of car sold

Take June 2017 YTD sales for example

Mitsubishi 3658
Volkswagen 2717
Ford 3089

If we choose to take the logic of more car sold than the service is weaker . In terms of service survey result , the brand ranking should have  been:

Volkswagen should be on the top follow by Ford and thereafter Mitsubishi. V>F>M

But the survey showed service ranking is M >V>F

If we refer further to other brand say Toyota which sold more car than than Nissan and Mazda by wide margin yet Toyota service is ranked #1
VW & Ford already known shitty SC regardless of quantity.

Toyota SC capacity is over the top, their SC capacity topped during their golden times. Now sales half of Honda, sure good. Anyone can walk in without booking. Try Honda, you need to pre-book months ahead.

Yes, it has correlation. But not for famous lousy SC brands like VW or Peugeot.

Let's see how Mitsubishi play this.

zweimmk
post Aug 24 2017, 02:10 PM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 01:01 PM)
@zweimmk

in Malaysia, Nissan has always been a weaker brand all along compare to Honda, so was Mitsubishi. No contest.

Nissan's design has always been dated due to TCM always slow slow bring in new models and by the time they do, they are dated on the date they are launched Unlike Honda always timely with their products refresh every few years.

But Mitsubishi is not under TCM....and guess what? In the context of South East Asia Mitsubishi is regarded higher than Nissan

https://asia.nikkei.com/Features/Multinatio...ast-Asia?page=2

Take a look at the market share of Mitsubishi vs Nissan in Thailand & Indonesia below

Attached Image
Despite having smaller product line up, M>N in these countries in terms of market share. But more importantly if you add the market shares of both brands, it becomes over or near Honda's

That is the power of the Alliance. If Mitsubishi as a stronger brand compares to Nissan now has access to  the Alliance platform is able to expand their products offering (they need not start from ground up now) , just imagine the potential.
Last but not least guess who is #2 behind toyota in Philippine?
https://www.carmudi.com.ph/journal/local-au...-january-sales/
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Xpander i reckon is just the start of exciting time ahead for Mitsubishi
I was only thinking about Malaysia, I didn't realize we were also talking about other markets. Quite surprised to learn how much volume they command with the treble alliance.

In Thailand, the combined sales of Nissan and Mitsubishi should equal or better Honda. But they are in decline. It is the same story in Indonesia. Therefore, they either need a product refresh or branding refocusing

So my opinion is they should let one of the brands retreat from both Thailand and Indonesia and even Philippines to avoid the ghost hit ghost scenario. It would make better sense to consolidate their operations to better improve overall operations and profits.

For example if Mitsubishi is doing better in most of the regional markets then perhaps Nissan should retreat and let Mitsubishi take over sales. They can always cross sell the type of cars:

Mitsubishi Almera instead of Attrage
Mitsubishi Triton and Naverra (one lower and one higher spec)
Mitsubishi Lancer (instead of calling it Slyphy)
Mitsubishi ASX + Outlander
Mitsubishi X-Trail
Mitsubishi Livina and Xpander (One is mini 7 seater and the other SUV)
Mitsubishi Diamente (but using Teana)
Mitsubishi Elgrand

The days of small independent manufacturer really looks bleaker everyday forward. Platform and parts sharing is really the way forward in reducing cost.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 02:50 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Aug 24 2017, 01:53 PM)
VW & Ford already known shitty SC regardless of quantity.

Toyota SC capacity is over the top, their SC capacity topped during their golden times. Now sales half of Honda, sure good. Anyone can walk in without booking. Try Honda, you need to pre-book months ahead.

Yes, it has correlation. But not for famous lousy SC brands like VW or Peugeot.

Let's see how Mitsubishi play this.
Am not too sure that would be an accurate description of Toyota SC , walk in without booking . So less car better service correlation is still inaccurate because there are other factors at play.

In any case, honda is now known as the group of lousy SC? That is why it is at the bottom even lower than VW and Ford.?

Given this as one of the consideration , (another being the declining build quality that was reported ), one have to think twice about buying another Honda surely? And this hesitation is perhaps a room of opportunity open for Mitsubishi or others to take advantage of?
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 02:51 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(zweimmk @ Aug 24 2017, 02:10 PM)
I was only thinking about Malaysia, I didn't realize we were also talking about other markets. Quite surprised to learn how much volume they command with the treble alliance.

In Thailand, the combined sales of Nissan and Mitsubishi should equal or better Honda. But they are in decline. It is the same story in Indonesia. Therefore, they either need a product refresh or branding refocusing

So my opinion is they should let one of the brands retreat from both Thailand and Indonesia and even Philippines to avoid the ghost hit ghost scenario. It would make better sense to consolidate their operations to better improve overall operations and profits.

For example if Mitsubishi is doing better in most of the regional markets then perhaps Nissan should retreat and let Mitsubishi take over sales. They can always cross sell the type of cars:

Mitsubishi Almera instead of Attrage
Mitsubishi Triton and Naverra (one lower and one higher spec)
Mitsubishi Lancer (instead of calling it Slyphy)
Mitsubishi ASX + Outlander
Mitsubishi X-Trail
Mitsubishi Livina and Xpander (One is mini 7 seater and the other SUV)
Mitsubishi Diamente (but using Teana)
Mitsubishi Elgrand

The days of small independent manufacturer really looks bleaker everyday forward. Platform and parts sharing is really the way forward in reducing cost.
This is all up to the big boss Carlos Ghosn and his team
TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 03:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Aug 24 2017, 11:53 AM)
indo off course,, in malaysia nope .. sure over RM90K .. thanks to our gomen for high tax ...
Sure? Do you know something that we don't know yet. You insider izzit, tell more please?

This post has been edited by EnergyAnalyst: Aug 24 2017, 03:12 PM
aquilaTE
post Aug 24 2017, 03:28 PM

Casual
481 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 01:00 PM)
http://indianautosblog.com/2017/08/mitsubi...s-leaked-277313

ada. sport variant.

[attachmentid=9075849]
Thx. thumbsup.gif
dstl1128
post Aug 24 2017, 07:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 02:50 PM)
Am not too sure that would be an accurate description of Toyota SC , walk in without booking  . So less car better service correlation is still inaccurate because there are other factors at play.

In any case, honda is now known as the group of lousy SC? That is why it is at the bottom even lower than VW and Ford.?

Given this as one of the consideration , (another being the declining build quality that was reported ), one have to think twice about buying another Honda surely? And this hesitation is perhaps a room of opportunity open for Mitsubishi or others to take advantage of?
Honda SC are too scarce & too limited to cater for the sales boom it got. Honda build quality has always been like that - uneven fittings of sorts but hardly heart-breaking compare to... the issue with VW/Peugeot, esp Peugeot, the bad reliability and bad responsibility from their respective SC.

Speaking of which, that 7yrs extension of Peugeot warranty seems more like 7yrs of vomiting dealing with the SC and not 7yrs of worry-free experience.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 24 2017, 09:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Aug 24 2017, 07:09 PM)
Honda SC are too scarce & too limited to cater for the sales boom it got. Honda build quality has always been like that - uneven fittings of sorts but hardly heart-breaking compare to... the issue with VW/Peugeot, esp Peugeot, the bad reliability and bad responsibility from their respective SC.

Speaking of which, that 7yrs extension of Peugeot warranty seems more like 7yrs of vomiting dealing with the SC and not 7yrs of worry-free experience.
Good sales boom can never be a good excuse for bad service. I hope Honda improve and show a better performance in future years but till then, perhaps you will excused me to be more inclined to Mitsubishi.

I speak.from experience as my wife and I have owned and also had service experience from both Honda and Mitsubishi in KL area. And more than 5 years each brand. Honestly M>H as far as authorized SC is concerned
dstl1128
post Aug 24 2017, 10:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 09:03 PM)
Good sales boom can never be a good excuse for bad service. I hope Honda improve and show a better performance in future years but till then, perhaps you will excused me to be more inclined to Mitsubishi.

I speak.from experience as  my wife and I have owned and also had service experience from both Honda and Mitsubishi in KL area. And more than 5 years each brand. Honestly M>H as far as authorized SC is concerned
Inclined to any brand is alright. But ranking high in JD Power regarding service satisfactory doesn't mean it has brand power.

Anyway the car has yet to release... so hope Mitsu don't screw themselves.

TSEnergyAnalyst
post Aug 25 2017, 04:06 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,280 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ Aug 24 2017, 10:01 PM)
Inclined to any brand is alright. But ranking high in JD Power regarding service satisfactory doesn't mean it has brand power. 

Anyway the car has yet to release... so hope Mitsu don't screw themselves.
The discussion was not never about brand power , it was about the service level of one brand which was consistently good (Top 3) and another which has declined dramatically.

Just look at the last 3 years JD power customer service index surveys and look at Mitsubishi and Honda and tell me what you see.

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

zweimmk
post Aug 25 2017, 07:50 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 04:06 AM)
The discussion was not never about brand power , it was about the service level of one brand which was consistently good (Top 3) and another which has declined dramatically.

Just look at the last 3 years JD power customer service index surveys and look at Mitsubishi and Honda and tell me what you see.

I know its not an excuse but considering that they (Honda) have had an explosive growth over the last few years due to:

- More product refresh
- More car models
- Competitive pricing
- Improved specification

It's not surprisingly at all if their service level have dropped due to increased demands and stresses on the existing centers. Even in the past, Honda has never been known for very strong after sales service in my opinion.

On the other hand, Mitsubishi only have 4 car models now:

- The Attrage probably doesn't sell much. I don't even remember when was the last time I actually saw 1 on the road. This car desperately needs a refresh or a model change.
- Mirage has been discontinued
- ASX and outlander sales are far and few in between
- I wager most of their sales come from the Triton pickup

If they cannot deliver better service with such low volumes then it would really be a shame.

zweimmk
post Aug 25 2017, 07:56 AM

On my way
512 posts

So can the xpander topple the BRV in the short term if it launches here?

Yes, if its cheaper and better equipped. Also if they can keep the waiting period short and avoid the Lancer Fiasco altogether (1 year waiting period)

But historically, Mitsubishi has never really been able to overcome or keep their eye on the ball which leads them to fall behind. Maybe this new treble alliance will finally give them the edge they need to return to form.

zweimmk
post Aug 25 2017, 08:17 AM

On my way
512 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 24 2017, 02:50 PM)
Even if the SC service is as bad as people claims. People will still buy the Honda marque because:

- Long history in Malaysia
- Their car are relatively problem free
- Their cars have good resale value; the civic is the king when it comes to resale
- Not expensive to maintain
- Parts are easy to find, no fear of breakdown - local car mechanics have no issue dealing with T&H cars
- VTEC prangggg seems to still have a huge effect on young people today, hence the desirability

Just points 2 to 5 alone is more than enough to carry their brand.

Just to be clear also, consistent build quality is also one of Honda's weakness - First hand experience, for me - it's both irritating and a nuisance. For others, they outright hate it. But it's not something that would affect the car performance or safety. So till today, many people still bang and bitch about this issue - but it never really goes away.

Now Mitsubishi on the other hand:

- limited car selection
- except for the Triton, the other cars don't seem to carry its resale value as well
- cars should be relatively problem free
- cars should be cheap to maintain
- parts might not be as easy to find because less common but should still be relatively hassle free

It would be a very small room of opportunity. They would need to make sure those customers (like yourself) taking the leap of faith, are well taken care of so that they can build on from there.

In the near term, I don't think they will overtake Honda. Difficult to predict how they will fare long term.
dstl1128
post Aug 25 2017, 09:07 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

QUOTE(EnergyAnalyst @ Aug 25 2017, 04:06 AM)

I would first like to know what were the surveys' questions and the sample size, then I could tell you more.

Still have to see their pricing & equipment list. They screwed themselves on Attrage.

IMO, cars below 100k, people tends to get tried & tested cars.
eg. RM70k +/- 5k will be Alza, Avanza, Vios, City, Jazz
eg. RM80k +/- 5k will be Vios, City, BRV, Jazz <--- Xpander in this range?
eg. RM100k +/- 5k will be City, HRV

Seems like the Xpander need to be better than BRV in the same time selling with similar price.

This post has been edited by dstl1128: Aug 25 2017, 09:15 AM
acbc
post Aug 25 2017, 09:11 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

Look exactly like Peugeot 3008. From PT source, luckily engine not EP6 engine.

** Update **

Engine is 4A91 used on Lancer EX (sold mostly in SG) and smart forfour. Highly reliable as I've a smart forfour for 10 years old already.

This post has been edited by acbc: Aug 25 2017, 09:13 AM
theanswer
post Aug 25 2017, 11:12 AM

Regular
1,024 posts

QUOTE(destee88 @ Aug 24 2017, 11:53 AM)
unless ckd la. but over 90k..not worth it lah

14 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0449sec    0.51    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:29 PM