> Folding Bicycles V6, Folding bicycle discussion

views

Justin.Loong
post Dec 9 2019, 04:22 PM

Getting Started
57 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Dec 9 2019, 10:36 AM)
this is the exact reason.

often time i see ppl jogging while carrying stick. i know it's for them to defend themselves against dogs (or robbers, if some may insist), but tell you what, when the dog sees a stick, their defense mechanism kicks in and they enter into fight or flight mode. they become more aggressive against the jogger (or anyone with a stick), which in return the jogger would swing the stick or actually beat the dog. the next time dog automatically sees anyone carrying a stick (even walking stick or umbrella) as a threat. things get repeated until it becomes a chicken or egg case as to whose fault it was.

often times it is the dogs that are the weaker victims when councils gets called in. sure once in a while you do get story about ppl getting bitten by dog BUT it is more rare in comparison to the untold stories of dogs getting whacked/poisoned/caught.

people should know these facts :

1. dog packs are territorial, yes and when they sense strangers, they'll be "protective". it's just their natural instinct.

2. it is because they're afraid of these strangers whose level of threats are unknown that they bark and act aggressive - being defensive. remember, they're scared of you in the first place. they'll run after you because they're "chasing you away" from their territory. that is why i said ignore and go your way steadily. dont react. i know some ppl would be scared and shocked, bcoz, again, it's just natural instinct, remember, those are dogs, we are human. we have control over our emotions.  they dont. so are you a human or a dog?

3. there are also cases where dogs are just being playful. google and learn some basic dog body languages. some dogs just chase for fun because they're just being mischievous friendly/playful and of no threat at all. if you are non-muslims with no issue about touching dogs, then do indulge them, play abit with them, feed them. they may be wary at you in the first place, but dont force it. know when to leave. after a few more times, they'll recognise you and wont bother with you.  but pay extra attention to growling & fang baring. oh, and if you see foam at their mouth, stay the hell away. that's the sign of a rabid dog. dont continue, dont approach, turn around and pedal the other way round. find other routes.

i may sound like a dog apologetic, but trust me, i am just sharing some knowledge so all of us can go our way in peace. i cycle in taman alot so encountering street dogs are common thing for me.

p.s. : i am a cat person more than a dog person.
+1 for Andrew's reply.

If some of your peeps are also hiking kakis, you can also see several dogs roaming in Nuang or Bukit Kutu.
No doubt the dogs belong to the orang Asli living in the area (their territory) but the dogs never kacau any hikers.
user posted image

user posted image
So if we leave them be (and treat them with a bit of kindness / respect), it would be OK. nod.gif

Special drillz for Andrew. wub.gif brows.gif
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

andrewhtf
post Dec 10 2019, 01:06 PM

Regular
1,546 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Dec 9 2019, 04:22 PM)

Special drillz for Andrew.  wub.gif  brows.gif

jibekhikerscat?
miaopurr
post Dec 12 2019, 11:08 AM

Getting Started
292 posts

QUOTE(Justin.Loong @ Dec 9 2019, 04:22 PM)

wub.gif
andrewhtf
post Dec 12 2019, 11:20 AM

Regular
1,546 posts

Eh guys, i have something that really confused me for a while - between 451 & 406. when i google, i always get conflicting answers. what are the differences and can the tires between this 2 be used interchangeably since they're supposed to be 20-inch? so which one is the better wheel to be used?

my wife's Java Fit is bought in 2012, is it a 451? reason is yesterday's ride yesterday we rode in rocky gravel for 2 kms and when i reach home i can see the stock SCT tyre is pretty much deteriorated. considering it has been there for 7 years, it's about time for a new tyre, but i am still undecided on what tyre to get. plus i am also undecided whether to stick to 1-1/8, or go slightly larger for comfort. mostly slow rides just between us, no join group for speed but i kinda like the low rolling resistance of the smaller tyre. Any recommendations?
azamunekurone
post Dec 12 2019, 04:14 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Dec 12 2019, 11:20 AM)
Eh guys, i have something that really confused me for a while - between 451 & 406. when i google, i always get conflicting answers. what are the differences and can the tires between this 2 be used interchangeably since they're supposed to be 20-inch? so which one is the better wheel to be used?

my wife's Java Fit is bought in 2012, is it a 451? reason is yesterday's ride yesterday we rode in rocky gravel for 2 kms and when i reach home i can see the stock SCT tyre is pretty much deteriorated. considering it has been there for 7 years, it's about time for a new tyre, but i am still undecided on what tyre to get. plus i am also undecided whether to stick to 1-1/8, or go slightly larger for comfort. mostly slow rides just between us, no join group for speed but i kinda like the low rolling resistance of the smaller tyre. Any recommendations?
451mm vs 406mm
both are not the same. in some cases, u can strecth the innter tube for 406 to fit 451. but still not recomended.

tyre suggestion?
451 got kenda kriterium, kenda kwest (1 3/8 if im not mistaken) cst, schwalbe durano, schwalbe shredder (1 3/8) andschwalbe one

the latest schwalbe one
user posted image

classic feel with colored wall
andrewhtf
post Dec 12 2019, 07:13 PM

Regular
1,546 posts

QUOTE(azamunekurone @ Dec 12 2019, 04:14 PM)
451mm vs 406mm
both are not the same. in some cases, u can strecth the innter tube for 406 to fit 451. but still not recomended.

tyre suggestion?
451 got kenda kriterium, kenda kwest (1 3/8 if im not mistaken) cst, schwalbe durano, schwalbe shredder (1 3/8) andschwalbe one

the latest schwalbe one
user posted image

classic feel with colored wall
What is your opinion about those tyres sold in Decathlon?
azamunekurone
post Yesterday, 08:26 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Dec 12 2019, 07:13 PM)
What is your opinion about those tyres sold in Decathlon?
never try, coz ipoh dont have decathlon. whistling.gif

oh ya,
forget panaracer also got for 451, its call panaracer mini lite pt.

i had used 3 types of tyre on 451. here is the summary to guide u

1. panaracer mini lite pt
- one of the best tyre for 451, and the lightest of all i had try
- the best grip, the best low resistance tyre
- a bit comfy
- slick tyre, fast worn out est around 800km+
- easy koyak becoz the soft tyre

2. schwalbe durano
- durable, i had used for more than 1000km
- bumpy, and harsh feel
- good grip, good low resistance also
- if more 1000km, standy it would koyak also (but rarely)

3. kenda kriterium
- est life span around 500km+
- soft wall, easy to koyak
- the cheapest tyre among 3
- not so grip on wet condition
- low resistance

others?never try laugh.gif
andrewhtf
post Yesterday, 09:26 AM

Regular
1,546 posts

QUOTE(azamunekurone @ Dec 13 2019, 08:26 AM)
never try, coz ipoh dont have decathlon. whistling.gif

oh ya,
forget panaracer also got for 451, its call panaracer mini lite pt.

i had used 3 types of tyre on 451. here is the summary to guide u

1. panaracer mini lite pt
- one of the best tyre for 451, and the lightest of all i had try
- the best grip, the best low resistance tyre
- a bit comfy
- slick tyre, fast worn out est around 800km+
- easy koyak becoz the soft tyre

2. schwalbe durano
- durable, i had used for more than 1000km
- bumpy, and harsh feel
- good grip, good low resistance also
- if more 1000km, standy it would koyak also (but rarely)

3. kenda kriterium
- est life span around 500km+
- soft wall, easy to koyak
- the cheapest tyre among 3
- not so grip on wet condition
- low resistance

others?never try laugh.gif
Thanks so much for your input. Panaracer abit on the mahal side. Anyway been looking at BBS. Either a maxxis DTH or a schwalbe durano. There is also this bran INNOVA that sells for rm105 for a pair. Pretty cheap. Alternatively buy another CST.
icedlink
post Today, 10:03 AM

Getting Started
199 posts

user posted image

Just Wana share ... for those looking for a bottle cage adapter
I just received my sks bottle cage adapter,
Very well made (in Germany) super easy & fast, hardly need any force to mount and unmount from bike when folding and surprisingly sturdy (was worried as the clamp was too easy to close and open)

Best Rm36 spend.

This post has been edited by icedlink: Today, 10:38 AM

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0501sec    1.15    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th December 2019 - 08:24 PM