Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Folding Bicycles V6, Folding bicycle discussion

gck
post Nov 15 2018, 04:13 PM

Group: Junior Member

make sure when u seated u are comfortable. i got prostate inflammed after 30km due to seat height. and i was in pain when pee for 2 weeks. best part first question dr as is "you ada pergi cari ayam ke" WTF??
DatukD
post Nov 16 2018, 05:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(tcb2010 @ Nov 14 2018, 12:31 PM)
Hahaha..as for my case, its numb dick for me, when i first started wearing those tight death grip lycras....

I would suggest looking at those saddles with groove opening in the middle...or ur saddle maybe tilting too backwards.
Tried adjusting the saddle to have flat. Lets see how it goes. Do you still cycle and have the same issue?

QUOTE(KenC @ Nov 14 2018, 05:44 PM)
Your saddle should be horizontal. I.e. the nose not pointing up or down.
I reckon your seat post height is the main culprit. Try some YouTube on bicycle fitting. They can tell a much better story than I could ever do.
10~20km not a long distance, should not cause discomfort to your precioud jewels.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/fitness/bike-...ht-how-to-25379
Thanks for the heads up. Found some videos too on the setting up of the saddle. Kamsiah

QUOTE(gck @ Nov 15 2018, 04:13 PM)
make sure when u seated u are comfortable. i got prostate inflammed after 30km due to seat height. and i was in pain when pee for 2 weeks. best part first question dr as is "you ada pergi cari ayam ke" WTF??
HaHaH doctor may be true from his past experience wink.gif
fatani
post Nov 17 2018, 06:47 PM

Getting Started

From my experience on how to notice wrong saddle height/tilt.

Tilt too downward, pressure felt on the wrist.
Tilt too backward, pressure felt on your lower back. Also can be felt on your balls too.

Saddle doesnt necessarily have to be flat. Your riding position will determine how much the saddle should be tilted.

Saddle too low, front knee will certainly feel the effect.
Saddle too high, back knee and thigh pain later. Your lower back will feel it too. And of course, your balls will feel numb.

Last but not least, the shape and sizes of the saddle plays a major part too. And the chamois..

So many variables. Good luck experimenting.

This post has been edited by fatani: Nov 17 2018, 06:48 PM
KenC
post Nov 17 2018, 08:25 PM

Getting Started

Once you got yourself fitted, ride 3000km on it within 6 months, your rear end and your family jewels are bullet proof by then, any saddle make no difference, No need padded butt.
k town shit
post Nov 17 2018, 10:18 PM

Getting Started

is folding bike worth to buy?
a friend of mine said because of too many joints on the bike body, thus that's is very consuming effort to push forward
KenC
post Nov 17 2018, 11:06 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(k town shit @ Nov 17 2018, 10:18 PM)
a friend of mine said because of too many joints on the bike body, thus that's is very consuming effort to push forward
It's your money, if you are not comfortable with what ever reasons,, don't buy.
OR you can buy one to find out.
fatani
post Yesterday, 07:39 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(k town shit @ Nov 17 2018, 09:18 PM)
This really freeze my brain for a moment. Ahahaha..
KenC
post Yesterday, 12:15 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(k town shit @ Nov 17 2018, 10:18 PM)
.....that's is very consuming effort to push forward
All bicycle consume effort to push forward.
If you don't intend to expend effort to move forward; Get a kapchai.

This post has been edited by KenC: Yesterday, 12:55 PM
KenC
post Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Getting Started

It's really weird when I hear ppl expecting Foldies to perform better top rank MTN and RB at fraction of the price BUT they never say MTB and RB can fold smaller than Foldies…
calvin_ng
post Yesterday, 11:05 PM

TeamCity | HCC | Insighters
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(ajaibman @ May 16 2018, 11:38 PM)
Thanks for the help, yes saw it on Xiaomi concept store KLCC, and some online shops in MY..

looking for review from direct owner on this qicycle.

notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif
Bought 1 Qicycle EF1, now clock 1000km, the best purchase ever.. riding to work everyday never fail...

Bought a twist throttle as dont want to get sweat when reach office...

This post has been edited by calvin_ng: Yesterday, 11:06 PM
fatani
post Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(KenC @ Nov 18 2018, 08:43 PM)
It's really weird when I hear ppl expecting Foldies to perform better top rank MTN and RB at fraction of the price BUT they never say MTB and RB can fold smaller than Foldies…
Average speed of 27-30kmh is very doable on a foldie. Which is something around the range of fast MTB groups ride. Pro (podium) MTB riders would definitely ride faster than that.

For rb, can just follow along jer lah. Once they hit 40kmh, say bye2. Hehe.
fatani
post Yesterday, 11:35 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(KenC @ Nov 17 2018, 07:25 PM)
Once you got yourself fitted, ride 3000km on it within 6 months, your rear end and your family jewels are bullet proof by then, any saddle make no difference,  No need padded butt.
Good to know that. I somehow experience the other way around.

Padding : different padding offers different level of comfort.
Saddle : definitely differs from one to another. I find brooks b17 to be the most comfy, but it's still not perfect for me. The saddle width left some pain on my hip. So far im using different types of saddle. Broooks, smp, sdg, tioga clon. All feel diferently. The worst is the stock saddles that came thick padded. Fizik arione left me numb. Specialized body geometry too. Sakit bontot i had to sell it off.
KenC
post Today, 12:54 AM

Getting Started

All saddles are uncomfortable. No matter how you train your butt or how much you spend~ it's the nature of upright bicycle. It's just inhumane design~
Yet to meet anyone who prefer a saddle over any kind of chair at home or office.

This post has been edited by KenC: Today, 01:03 AM
KenC
post Today, 01:09 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(calvin_ng @ Nov 18 2018, 11:05 PM)
Bought 1 Qicycle EF1, now clock 1000km, the best purchase ever.. riding to work everyday never fail...

Bought a twist throttle as dont want to get sweat when reach office...
Ebike is a lot of fun. Yet still get enough workout according to fitness level.
CanonLee
post Today, 10:12 AM

Getting Started

Dear sifus,
new to bike communities and actually got myself an used tern verge.
i am thinking to change the crankset first. Did some searching and reading some blogs/forums. Final stage should be upgrade to double chainrings but i would like to go with just 1 single chainring at the time being. therefore seek you guys advices; is it Shimano 105 with 53/39 is a good buy? Can i use Ultegra FD-6800 (11 speeds) to pair with 105 double chainrings in the future?
Bujal.x
post Today, 10:19 AM

PUNGGUNG ITU~~~

QUOTE(CanonLee @ Nov 19 2018, 10:12 AM)
Dear sifus,
new to bike communities and actually got myself an used tern verge.
i am thinking to change the crankset first. Did some searching and reading some blogs/forums. Final stage should be upgrade to double chainrings but i would like to go with just 1 single chainring at the time being. therefore seek you guys advices; is it Shimano 105 with 53/39 is a good buy? Can i use Ultegra FD-6800 (11 speeds) to pair with 105 double chainrings in the future?
sure.most foldies use 53/39t and ultegra pair with 105 crankset also no problem
calvin_ng
post Today, 10:22 AM

TeamCity | HCC | Insighters

QUOTE(KenC @ Nov 19 2018, 01:09 AM)
Ebike is a lot of fun. Yet still get enough workout according to fitness level.
Depend on the usage... I use to replace my car to commute...no motorbike licence so use a E-bike looo
fatani
post Today, 11:16 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(KenC @ Nov 18 2018, 11:54 PM)
All saddles are uncomfortable. No matter how you train your butt or how much you spend~ it's the nature of upright bicycle. It's just inhumane design~
Yet to meet anyone who prefer a saddle over any kind of chair at home or office.
upright riding position, so sit bone is located far backward. wider saddle should cater this. a more aggressive riding position your ass is more at the front saddle. more aggressive riding position such as TT, even the saddle nose is gone from the design.

u cant compare a saddle with a chair lah ken laugh.gif . that analogy is not quite suitable. I think if your continuously spin your leg while sitting at home (nobody does that), I bet that chair oso wont feel so comfy later. sweat.gif

85 Pages « < 83 84 85Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0778sec    5.78    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th November 2018 - 01:56 PM