Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Folding Bicycles V6, Folding bicycle discussion

Asus
post Sep 19 2018, 09:44 AM

VXR 200
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(tcb2010 @ Sep 19 2018, 09:38 AM)
For that Cateye front light,  if u intend to use it as blinker, then boleh la, but not worth the money for that. If ur intend as night light to light up ur path, forget about it..its totally useless for that..its crap as that is my first light too.
I would say for that red back blinker too. Coz both runs on AAA batteries..u will change batteries a lot..

Cheap rechargeable blinkers from MR DIY..like RM10-15, will do a much better job. As for the front light, u will need to spend a bit more ..like those with 300 lumens ( RM150+/-) rechargeable ones.  Cateye, Lezyne, Moon etc ..this is suggested if u intend to ride night. You would not regret getting a better front light, it will serve you well, as blinker, bike light, and best of all, as torchlight during black out. And wont get obsolete.

In short, for budget..Back blinkers ..Mr DIY will do, Front Light..don't buy models from Mr DIY, or Decathlon.

And yeah, u can get lots of cheaper bike stuff from Decathlon too.
oh ok thanks bro..i think i will skip that stuff first..just get a helmet when i get the bike..most shop sell the limar brand but dunno which model is good..

fatani
post Sep 19 2018, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 19 2018, 08:44 AM)
oh ok thanks bro..i think i will skip that stuff first..just get a helmet when i get the bike..most shop sell the limar brand but dunno which model is good..
Find the one that feels most comfortable in your head. Brand doesnt matter, but for safety assurance, i personally feel more secured wearing the major brand..if you intend to commute a lot with your bike, get a helmet with bright colour, to be more visible to the other road users.
Asus
post Sep 19 2018, 11:23 AM

VXR 200

QUOTE(fatani @ Sep 19 2018, 11:16 AM)
Find the one that feels most comfortable in your head. Brand doesnt matter, but for safety assurance, i personally feel more secured wearing the major brand..if you intend to commute a lot with your bike, get a helmet with bright colour, to be more visible to the other road users.
yup was thinking of getting white+red color..btw is there any fake helmet brand out there? scared kena scam later lol..

This post has been edited by Asus: Sep 19 2018, 11:24 AM
Asus
post Sep 19 2018, 11:54 AM

VXR 200

guys can comment on this fnhon fsa2009 model..specs wise not so great but the body looks nice with absober..

http://bicyclebuysell.com/item/456364/fnho...ot-folding-bike
KenC
post Sep 19 2018, 04:17 PM

Getting Started

I bought a 1000luman RM35 light which runs off power bank 2 years ago hoping it will brake down and give me excuse to spend more money~ but it's still running strong~ even outlasted my power bank~
No need buy branded lighting la~
Now I planning to put dynamo headlight for all my rides~ charging and checking battery had became a chore~
Nothing beats those cheap rechargeable rear blinkers from Mr.Diy. now many places also sell such as Daeso~

This post has been edited by KenC: Sep 19 2018, 04:22 PM
azamunekurone
post Sep 19 2018, 05:04 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 19 2018, 08:35 AM)
i found this cateye go 3 in 1 package at usjcycle website..good for a start..

any recommended brand for tubes? yesterday the shop guy told me i can upgrade the tyre to bigger size if i want for around RM30..not sure what brand it is..the skinny type tyre looks unstable for big guy like me hahaa..
get a used cateye meter. people selling it cheap coz upgrade to gps meter. mostly they sell all in good condition

as for blinker and lights, many had suggest it. better follow their suggestion.

the tyre for 451 only got 2 size. that is 1 1/8 and 1 3/8. the 1 1/8 is around 1.125 and 1 3/8 is 1.375..so no bigger tyre for 451.

and what tyre they supplied to u?my friend still wearing original tyre for now. save some more and get schwalbe durano 1 1/8 for better grip but slick, or maxis 1 3/8 if u can find here,, sweat.gif
gck
post Sep 19 2018, 05:57 PM

hi guys, long time no post,

I am inclined towards getting a 14" wheel folding bike again toying the idea of bringing it overseas.

i still have my fnhon which has becoming my favourite bike despite having a brompton.

still if you ride overseas, you want to be able to lock the bike outdoor without worrying it being stolen, trust me you won't be able to do it safely with a brompton.

still my fnhon do not have the portability after folding compared to brompton however if you are willing to dismantle the wheel and handlepost it will be to be very portable.

what is your view on a 14" single speed fnhon?

gck
post Sep 19 2018, 05:59 PM

this is a 412

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
gck
post Sep 19 2018, 06:18 PM

suspension is not necessary, folding bikes are for urban area anyway so suspension will only add unnecessary weight without much help.

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 19 2018, 11:54 AM)
guys can comment on this fnhon fsa2009 model..specs wise not so great but the body looks nice with absober..

http://bicyclebuysell.com/item/456364/fnho...ot-folding-bike
Asus
post Sep 19 2018, 10:34 PM

VXR 200

went to daiso just now..surprisingly the front light and rear light are bright enough to alert others..bought the multi purpose wrench, tire repair set and drink holder as well..

This post has been edited by Asus: Sep 19 2018, 10:52 PM
KenC
post Sep 19 2018, 11:28 PM

Getting Started

Skinny tires are for people who has steel butt.
For fat old ass of mine, I prefer wider than 1-1/8".
451 tires, widest available off the shelves is 1-3/8" There are only 2 types of 20x1-3/8, one is Maxxis and the other is the super value RM45/pc Kanda Kwick Roller Sport. Which I use exclusively.

Been toying with the idea to change my 451 rim to 406 because if I use 2.2" wide tires with 406 rim, the outside diameter of the tire will be slightly larger than as 451 with 1-3/8" tires.

Contrary to old marketing ploy, Fatter tires are suppose to be faster rolling~ but that is another topic all together.

406 tire more choices to choose~ that is a very good thing.

This post has been edited by KenC: Sep 19 2018, 11:35 PM
azamunekurone
post Sep 20 2018, 08:17 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(gck @ Sep 19 2018, 05:57 PM)
hi guys, long time no post,

I am inclined towards getting a 14" wheel folding bike again toying the idea of bringing it overseas.

i still have my fnhon which has becoming my favourite bike despite having a brompton.

still if you ride overseas, you want to be able to lock the bike outdoor without worrying it being stolen, trust me you won't be able to do it safely with a brompton.

still my fnhon do not have the portability after folding compared to brompton however if you are willing to dismantle the wheel and handlepost it will be to be very portable.

what is your view on a 14" single speed fnhon?
the protability 14"is the best bro bcoz of the size thumbup.gif . but do remember, the 412 tubes are not easy to find. i would suggest u buy 14" frame and try to fix 16"305 wheelset. saw one before, but he heavily moded to 8speed outer gearing. the problem when external gearing is a bit fragile when transporting using flight, and also ur rd will definetly touch the road as the tyre become lower to the ground.

as for gearing, i would suggest u go with internal hub gear, such as strumey archer or nexus or even nuvinci. gear hub are not light, it will add on around 2kg or more than normal wheels.

i will definetly pick the sram automatix. 2 speed gearhub without any shifter. it will shift automaticly according to ur riding speed.so people will mistaken see like single speed. and..heheh, laugh.gif i had oder it and my sram automatix hub are on the way here. wanted to setup my dahon dabike with that hub on 349 wheels rclxm9.gif

KenC
post Sep 20 2018, 10:11 AM

Getting Started

Shimano Internal gear hub is around 1.6-1.7kg. But don't forget you will not be using the cassette and the chain will be significantly shorter., contra that off and IGH will be about 1kg more only.
Looking at the 412 photos, the external gear and the rear derailleur looks totally out of place~ the rear derailleur looks like a bicycle stand! The front chainring is a big as the two wheels!
8 speed Alfine has 307% range, 1.67kg,
11 speed Alfine has 409% range, 1.665kg.
By using small 16t-19t rear cog size, your chainring can be as small as 48T to 52T

I think SRAM close down their internal gear hub production 2~3years ago.

This post has been edited by KenC: Sep 20 2018, 10:19 AM
tcb2010
post Sep 20 2018, 11:43 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(KenC @ Sep 19 2018, 11:28 PM)
Skinny tires are for people who has steel butt.
For fat old ass of mine, I prefer wider than 1-1/8".
451 tires, widest available off the shelves is 1-3/8" There are only 2 types of 20x1-3/8, one is Maxxis and the other is the super value RM45/pc Kanda Kwick Roller Sport. Which I use exclusively.

Been toying with the idea to change my 451 rim to 406 because if I use 2.2" wide tires with 406 rim, the outside diameter of the tire will be slightly larger than as 451 with 1-3/8" tires.

Contrary to old marketing ploy, Fatter tires are suppose to be faster rolling~ but that is another topic all together.

406 tire more choices to choose~ that is a very good thing.
Im running 451 with skinny ass 1 3/8 tires now, previously 406 with 2.0 Apples, and off the memory, i still think 451 combo diameter definitely is still larger. But Big Apples really sized up the diameter of 406, thats for sure. Unless ur 2.2 tires are special homebrew and super tall...haha...

According to what i read, and have experience, fatter tires theoratically rolls quicker, only if all things being equal, like same pressure, and same weight, but in actual, probably it wont be all things equal.
Like u said, a separate topic altogether.

How's those Kwick Roller by the way..im scouting too, and so far, Maxxis Torch, DTH and some nameless Innova for 1 3/8" locally.
KenC
post Sep 20 2018, 03:14 PM

Getting Started

Schwalbe do produce a few 2+" tires, such Big Apple Plus, Big Ben and a few others. I am still hunting~
Kwick Roller Sport is supple and light, it lasted 3000km before it burst. 45 a pop is seriously good value.

To use 2+" tires, the rim must wide enough to accommodate the extra width.

This post has been edited by KenC: Sep 20 2018, 03:18 PM
azamunekurone
post Sep 20 2018, 05:43 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(KenC @ Sep 20 2018, 10:11 AM)
I think SRAM close down their internal gear hub production 2~3years ago.
their close their internal gear hub bcoz already bought sturmey archer biggrin.gif

Asus
post Sep 21 2018, 09:34 PM

VXR 200

yeayy finally bought the java ira..but cant cycle now as it always rain in the evening and night..
Asus
post Yesterday, 11:01 PM

VXR 200

anyone using java ira here? can post pic how do u guys put water bottle at the bicycle frame?
fatani
post Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 22 2018, 10:01 PM)
anyone using java ira here? can post pic how do u guys put water bottle at the bicycle frame?
Not mine

user posted image
Asus
post Today, 12:09 AM

VXR 200

thanks bro..i wonder is this tyre fit to the java ira?

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

78 Pages « < 76 77 78Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0921sec    3.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 23rd September 2018 - 10:15 AM