Folding Bicycles V6, Folding bicycle discussion

views

fatani
post Sep 16 2018, 11:23 AM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 16 2018, 06:55 AM)
hi bros..

which bicycle shop arnd klang valley open today sunday besides usj cycle? most of the shop i search only open monday-saturday..
Rodalink
Asus
post Sep 16 2018, 11:39 AM

VXR 200
2,782 posts

QUOTE(fatani @ Sep 16 2018, 11:23 AM)
Rodalink
went to rodalink putrajaya last night..but not many choices available..

i just got bored and decided to try cycling as new leisure hobby..not getting any serious..used to own BMX last time when i was young lol..my budget is around 1.5k plus minus..dont want to spent so much at the moment cause later might be bored and change new bicycle hahaa..

i went to nanstarway @ kuala sgor just now since i go there jalan2 and stumble across this shop..got few brands there..raleigh, dahon and etc..

got some offer as below

1. raleigh ugo RM999
2. camp thunderbolt RM1150
3. dahon vybe d7 RM1350

got nothing to do and browse thru mudah website..can you guys comment on the model below and is the shop ok?

1. Trinx 7SP https://www.mudah.my/2018+Trinx+ITALY+7Spd+...al-69084557.htm
2. XDS W9 8SP https://www.mudah.my/XDS+W9+8SPEED+SRAM+Bic...ED-68938594.htm
3. XDS K3 8SP https://www.mudah.my/10KG+XDS+K3+FOLDING+BI...18-68938554.htm
4. Java Italy TT2 7SP https://www.mudah.my/JAVA+ITALY+TT2+20ER+7S...KG-68813288.htm
5. Java Pro 3 18SP https://www.mudah.my/NEW+JAVA+PRO+3+Italy+1...le-69156670.htm
6. Twitter brand forgot which model for RM1280 at Bike Plus Sri Rampi

btw which shops carry the fnhon brand?

This post has been edited by Asus: Sep 17 2018, 08:50 PM
Bujal.x
post Sep 16 2018, 08:39 PM

PUNGGUNG ITU~~~
2,387 posts

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 16 2018, 07:55 AM)
hi bros..

which bicycle shop arnd klang valley open today sunday besides usj cycle? most of the shop i search only open monday-saturday..
Rodalink. Bangsar /putrajaya/klang
Bujal.x
post Sep 16 2018, 09:07 PM

PUNGGUNG ITU~~~
2,387 posts

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 16 2018, 11:39 AM)
went to rodalink putrajaya last night..but not many choices available..

i just got bored and decided to try cycling as new leisure hobby..not getting any serious..used to own BMX last time when i was young lol..my budget is around 1.5k plus minus..dont want to spent so much at the moment cause later might be bored and change new bicycle hahaa..

i went to nanstarway @ kuala sgor just now since i go there jalan2 and stumble across this shop..got few brands there..raleigh, dahon and etc..

got some offer as below

1. raleigh ugo RM999
2. camp thunderbolt RM1150
3. dahon vybe d7 RM1350

got nothing to do and browse thru mudah website..can you guys comment on the model below and is the shop ok?

1. Trinx 7SP https://www.mudah.my/2018+Trinx+ITALY+7Spd+...al-69084557.htm
2. XDS W9 8SP https://www.mudah.my/XDS+W9+8SPEED+SRAM+Bic...ED-68938594.htm
3. XDS K3 8SP https://www.mudah.my/10KG+XDS+K3+FOLDING+BI...18-68938554.htm
4. Java Italy TT2 7SP https://www.mudah.my/JAVA+ITALY+TT2+20ER+7S...KG-68813288.htm
Xds k3 seems good on the paper.
Str33tBoY
post Sep 16 2018, 11:04 PM

Regular
1,873 posts

QUOTE(fatani @ Sep 15 2018, 10:29 AM)
I got both bro, mtb and foldies..mtb got 2 sets of wheelset, one for offroad, and the other one is a lighter wheelset for onroad used with slick tyres..too lazy to change tyre.

But i enjoy riding my small wheels more. It's just as fast, no, i think it's a faster ride than mtb. But to be exact, for me, both mtb and foldies differs in terms of pedalling technique, where on foldies i can spin spin spin and save my energy and on mtb i have to grind grind grind and use more power, especially during offroading..but could be because my foldies crankarms is 170mm and my mtb is 175mm..dunno ler..one thing for sure, both foldies and mtb are fun to ride in their own way. biggrin.gif

If u in melaka, can try join with Lizard Cycling Group (most of them are MTBers anyway, onroad ride on wednesday night, 50-70km with average of 25-30kmh. Offroad every sunday..
I plan to go for 2 wheelset also,1 for on-road,1 for off-road...
Maybe later...
Ya,pedaling technique is different,i totally tak biasa when i ride my mtb after sometime with folding...
Erm,they got fb page or time to gather?
I am more interested with d on road one...
fatani
post Sep 17 2018, 07:12 AM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(Str33tBoY @ Sep 16 2018, 10:04 PM)
I plan to go for 2 wheelset also,1 for on-road,1 for off-road...
Maybe later...
Ya,pedaling technique is different,i totally tak biasa when i ride my mtb after sometime with folding...
Erm,they got fb page or time to gather?
I am more interested with d on road one...
Already pm
tcb2010
post Sep 18 2018, 02:20 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(Bujal.x @ Sep 16 2018, 09:07 PM)
Xds k3 seems good on the paper.
I was at Rodalink klang last Saturday, and there is a Link b7 (Deep Red) is nice. Likely can be had for rm1400-1500.

The camp thunderbolt, from pictures it looks nice..but when i saw the actual bike and wasn't too impressed as compared to photos.
Frame build doesnt look good and it is very heavy, but u get the 2x chainring set up, and disk brakes if that matters to u. Moreover, when and if ur develop serious interest later on, likely u will dump those components.

I like the Link visually better than the Vybe, and K3 looks very unique to me. The red Link looks real hot !!
For the almost same amount of money within ur budget, the dahon or Tern entry models will be a better brand/frame to buy, if u happen to develop more interest into cycling, and do some upgrades from there.

But if you only intend to buy one and ride, and later move on to higher end bikes...then buy any which u feel good and right to ur budget.

tcb2010
post Sep 18 2018, 02:28 PM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(tcb2010 @ Sep 18 2018, 02:20 PM)
I was at Rodalink klang last Saturday, and there is a Link b7 (Deep Red) is nice. Likely can be had for rm1400-1500.

The camp thunderbolt, from pictures it looks nice..but when i saw the actual bike and wasn't too impressed as compared to photos.
Frame build doesnt look good and it is very heavy, but u get the 2x chainring set up, and disk brakes if that matters to u. Moreover, when and if ur develop serious interest later on, likely u will dump those components.

I like the Link visually better than the Vybe, and K3 looks very unique to me. The red Link looks real hot !!
For the almost same amount of money within ur budget, the dahon or Tern entry models will be a better brand/frame to buy, if u happen to develop more interest into cycling, and do some upgrades from there.

But if you only intend to buy one and ride, and later move on to higher end bikes...then buy any which u feel good and right to ur budget.
And yeah,

Wanna add the K3 welding is so smooth, and unique sporty frame. i might actually fall for it as well if im buying my first foldie..I havent one rode before, maybe some who have can help advice on it.
azamunekurone
post Sep 18 2018, 04:55 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

nowdays..
if ur a speed demon, even though as 1st foldie, dont want to upgrade later and never mind narrow tyre.. i would suggest java ira.

price around below rm2.3k, u can get hollowtech crank 52/42, 9s drivetrain, also carbon fork. chromoly frame also very smooth..

unless,
u want to upgrade later lah!

Bujal.x
post Sep 18 2018, 07:21 PM

PUNGGUNG ITU~~~
2,387 posts

QUOTE(azamunekurone @ Sep 18 2018, 04:55 PM)
nowdays..
if ur a speed demon, even though as 1st foldie, dont want to upgrade later and never mind narrow tyre.. i would suggest java ira.

price around below rm2.3k, u can get hollowtech crank 52/42, 9s drivetrain, also carbon fork. chromoly frame also very smooth..

unless,
+1
Plus easy to sell if want to upgrade to something else.
Asus
post Sep 18 2018, 08:31 PM

VXR 200
2,782 posts

QUOTE(azamunekurone @ Sep 18 2018, 04:55 PM)
nowdays..

unless,
bro i read ur comment past few times u recommend for java ira..just now i went to one shop and have a look at java ira..i think its worth the price and now got promo for RM1950 only..im still contempleting but i might go for it lol..
azamunekurone
post Sep 18 2018, 08:59 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

seriously lah bro,spec wise

2x9speed drive train
hollowtech crankset
cbrake front and rear
451 highprofile wheelset (sealed bearing too)
carbon fork
comfort chromoly frame

dahon bikes that came with chromoly material frame only speed and boadwalk. both are 8s gearing with normal steel fork. and also both weight nearly like java ira. later u also wanna upgrade and the cost might came to rm1k already. unless, u can transfer few components for ur unused bike, that is another story lah!

please bear in mind, if ur a not hardcore tourer or all terrain/offroad cyclist i think the java ira will suite u. it was design for road use. also componet like bigger hybrid bike with many road component.

my friends using it for 3 years now with almost no upgrade.he only change pedals, saddle and comfortable grips. that all..
fatani
post Sep 18 2018, 09:14 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

Just to add, Eventhough both ira and dahon speed are chromoly, both rides differently..

Comfort, definitely the dahon.
For speed, java ira.ira weight 10.5kg with all the stock components while dahon speed is around 12-13kg IINM.
Asus
post Sep 18 2018, 09:36 PM

VXR 200
2,782 posts

ok2 2moro gonna buy haha..

anyway what kind of accessories should i buy besides helmet..care so suggest anything and brand to look for...

there is this one shop giving free gift as below..dont know if its worth the extra RM200-RM300 from other shop which doesnt give any freegift..he told me all of the free gift is worth more than RM800..

---FREE LIMAR HELMET--((WORTH RM299))
---FREE FRONT SAFETY LED LIGHT--
---FREE REAR SAFETY LED LIGHT--
---FREE BICYCLE BELL--
---FREE WATER BOTTLE--
---FREE BOTTLE CAGE--
---FREE BICYCLE BAG--
---FREE 10 IN 1 TOOLS--
---FREE BICYCLE LOCK--
---FREE ALLEN KEY SET--
---FREE KANGAROO BAR--
---FREE CHAIN PROTECTOR--
---FREE BICYCLE BELL--
---FREE INSTALLATION--
---FREE SETTING--
---FREE SERVICE--
***LIMITED TIME ONLY***

This post has been edited by Asus: Sep 18 2018, 11:38 PM
fatani
post Sep 18 2018, 10:33 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 18 2018, 08:36 PM)

anyway what kind of accessories should i buy besides helmet..care so suggest anything and brand to look for..
Saddle bag, spare tube, pump, tyre lever,glove, eyewear, blinker,and headlights if you plan to do night ride. And bike meter too, if you wish.

This post has been edited by fatani: Sep 18 2018, 10:34 PM
KenC
post Sep 19 2018, 02:41 AM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 18 2018, 09:36 PM)

anyway what kind of accessories should i buy besides helmet..care so suggest anything and brand to look for...

there is this one shop giving free gift as below..dont know if its worth the extra RM200-RM300 from other shop which doesnt give any freegift..he told me all of the free gift is worth more than RM800..

---FREE LIMAR HELMET--((WORTH RM299))
---FREE FRONT SAFETY LED LIGHT--
---FREE REAR SAFETY LED LIGHT--
---FREE BICYCLE BELL--
---FREE WATER BOTTLE--
---FREE BOTTLE CAGE--
---FREE BICYCLE BAG--
---FREE 10 IN 1 TOOLS--
---FREE BICYCLE LOCK--
---FREE ALLEN KEY SET--
---FREE KANGAROO BAR--
---FREE CHAIN PROTECTOR--
---FREE BICYCLE BELL--
---FREE INSTALLATION--
---FREE SETTING--
---FREE SERVICE--
***LIMITED TIME ONLY***
Don't worry about accessories, you will have plenty racun when you start cycling.

Kangaroo bars? You buy bicycle or 4wd?

This post has been edited by KenC: Sep 19 2018, 02:42 AM
Asus
post Sep 19 2018, 05:52 AM

VXR 200
2,782 posts

QUOTE(KenC @ Sep 19 2018, 02:41 AM)
Don't worry about accessories, you will have plenty racun when you start cycling.

Kangaroo bars? You buy bicycle or 4wd?
haha i think its this one..not sure if its right..

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
azamunekurone
post Sep 19 2018, 08:09 AM

Getting Started
140 posts

helemets
spare tubes
meter

thats all needed.. others u can find cheaply at rm2 eco shop or Mr DiY like gloves, lights and so on. try to trade all of those free gift like i suggest above
Asus
post Sep 19 2018, 08:35 AM

VXR 200
2,782 posts

QUOTE(azamunekurone @ Sep 19 2018, 08:09 AM)
helemets
spare tubes
meter

thats all needed.. others u can find cheaply at rm2 eco shop or Mr DiY like gloves, lights and so on. try to trade all of those free gift like i suggest above
i found this cateye go 3 in 1 package at usjcycle website..good for a start..

any recommended brand for tubes? yesterday the shop guy told me i can upgrade the tyre to bigger size if i want for around RM30..not sure what brand it is..the skinny type tyre looks unstable for big guy like me hahaa..

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
tcb2010
post Sep 19 2018, 09:38 AM

Getting Started
120 posts

QUOTE(Asus @ Sep 19 2018, 08:35 AM)
i found this cateye go 3 in 1 package at usjcycle website..good for a start..

any recommended brand for tubes? yesterday the shop guy told me i can upgrade the tyre to bigger size if i want for around RM30..not sure what brand it is..the skinny type tyre looks unstable for big guy like me hahaa..
For that Cateye front light, if u intend to use it as blinker, then boleh la, but not worth the money for that. If ur intend as night light to light up ur path, forget about it..its totally useless for that..its crap as that is my first light too.
I would say for that red back blinker too. Coz both runs on AAA batteries..u will change batteries a lot..

Cheap rechargeable blinkers from MR DIY..like RM10-15, will do a much better job. As for the front light, u will need to spend a bit more ..like those with 300 lumens ( RM150+/-) rechargeable ones. Cateye, Lezyne, Moon etc ..this is suggested if u intend to ride night. You would not regret getting a better front light, it will serve you well, as blinker, bike light, and best of all, as torchlight during black out. And wont get obsolete.

In short, for budget..Back blinkers ..Mr DIY will do, Front Light..don't buy models from Mr DIY, or Decathlon.

And yeah, u can get lots of cheaper bike stuff from Decathlon too.

188 Pages « < 75 76 77 78 79 > » Top
Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0171sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:45 PM