Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What should i do?

views

TSsomebody00
post Aug 20 2017, 03:54 AM, updated 7y ago

3 posts

It's been six years since i got my spm result, it wasn't a result that i proud of and because of me looking down at my own result i've had lose all hope for continuing the science path so i turn to the art path, maybe it's for the best, i don't know, but soon i realized it wasn't a path that i'm passionate in and the passion for science grows stronger within me, i only took art because i don't think any science course would accept my result. I feel like i'm just walking blindly on this new path, and i've walked blindly into the final year of my degree but still i can't seem to let go of this decision i've made and often doubt it. Can someone give me some opinions?
hustlerism
post Aug 20 2017, 04:09 AM

Devil In Disguise
1,591 posts

What course do you study?
TSsomebody00
post Aug 20 2017, 04:10 AM

3 posts

animation
tpleong
post Aug 20 2017, 08:38 AM

Enthusiast
795 posts

Finish this course first , then think what you want to do next
Sunny zombie
post Aug 20 2017, 10:16 AM

On my way
551 posts

we dont always make right decision. So what you should do now is make your decision right.

You think that science wouldnt accept your result, so you choose art.
You think that you still have passionate at science, so you are in dillemma now.
You think that art is not your cup of tea...

All is what you think!! Have you ever go and tried? take your result and apply for science course? go and check out what science student are studying, do you really like if after you find out?
TSsomebody00
post Aug 20 2017, 01:44 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(Sunny zombie @ Aug 20 2017, 10:16 AM)
we dont always make right decision. So what you should do now is make your decision right.

You think that science wouldnt accept your result, so you choose art.
You think that you still have passionate at science, so you are in dillemma now.
You think that art is not your cup of tea...

All is what you think!! Have you ever go and tried? take your result and apply for science course? go and check out what science student are studying, do you really like if after you find out?
No,i didn't try to apply for any science related stuff, everybody was so discouraging that time and i let the negativity affect me, i lost confident of continuing in the science field and made the decision on art without any art experiences. Now i am already in the course i can't just simply change it because i do not come with a silver spoon in my mouth unlike some people study through halfway of uni and then jumps to another course just because it's not their cup of tea. I stayed on until the very end and now it all just seem to be too late cuz after i finished this semester, it's already time to apply for a job.
xCM
post Aug 20 2017, 03:16 PM

On my way
506 posts

Hi, I was a science stream student but I decided to go for business degree for undergrad. To be honest with you, every college students come out will be working for someone else. The main takeaway is to be best in your craft and profession. For example, if you drive taxi, drive and do your best, the financial reward will come to you eventually.

There are some courses that requires science and art experiences, go and craft your career based on it.

You could get a degree in art, work few years in what you have had studied, then go for a masters course in science to chart another path in your working career.

Learn from this, one decision can cost you 4 years (degree) and subsequent ripple effect in your life, so now begin to think deeply before choosing a new path. Just do something that makes your heart beats, you chosen art because you feel alive doing it rather than doing some science courses, right?
avrilmae
post Aug 20 2017, 04:43 PM

Regular
1,039 posts

Ts, the path has been chosen. Regretting will not help you. A choice has consequences. It's how you deal with those consequences that matters.
Don't let this define you. Learn from it and move forward. Even if you have to work at a job you have no passion for, give yourself some purpose to look forward to eg. take up a new hobby, a part time course in stg you like etc. that provides you with some much needed 'escape' It needs some effort on your part.
All the best to you!
smile.gif
theevilman1909
post Aug 20 2017, 06:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,063 posts

just finish whatever u do first..
Sunny zombie
post Aug 20 2017, 07:29 PM

On my way
551 posts

QUOTE(somebody00 @ Aug 20 2017, 01:44 PM)
No,i didn't try to apply for any science related stuff, everybody was so discouraging that time and i let the negativity affect me, i lost confident of continuing in the science field and made the decision on art without any art experiences.  Now i am already in the course i can't just simply change it because i do not come with a silver spoon in my mouth unlike some people study through halfway of uni and then jumps to another course just because it's not their cup of tea. I stayed on until the very end and now it all just seem to be too late cuz after i finished this semester, it's already time to apply for a job.
You let other to decide your path, now who you want to blame? Blame that they discourage you?
Blame that you are not born in silver spoon?

You yourself decide to take up this path and no one force you. Just simply make your decision right.
忠言逆耳。自己的人生自己决定,那就不会后悔了。
这一次,要选择错过,还是过错?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.23    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:21 PM