Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Khmers are bumi?

views

TSBallard
post Aug 19 2017, 07:31 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
92 posts

Have seen it written in various sources that Khmers are legally considered bumiputera. Are there recorded cases of Cambodians being given bumi privileges? How would they go about gaining recognition? Is it automatically given? Are all Cambodians immediately eligible, or how does it all work?
loui
post Aug 21 2017, 02:24 PM

On my way
686 posts

are they muslim? or married to local muslim?
badai
post Aug 21 2017, 03:45 PM

Enthusiast
986 posts

the so called malay cham managed to get bumiputra status.

the way i see it, it's the malay fault, they failed their history (malay as lingua franca since malacca sultanate)and become too excited when see ppl look like malay and can say a word or two in malay.

come to think of it this is worst than what Isreal is doing. at least israel just bring in ppl that is 1% jewish. malay just bring them in because they happened to have few borrowed words from malay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champa
joe_star
post Aug 23 2017, 06:59 AM

Serving the Servants
1,807 posts

QUOTE(badai @ Aug 21 2017, 03:45 PM)

the way i see it, it's the malay fault, they failed their history (malay as lingua franca since malacca sultanate)and become too excited when see ppl look like malay and can say a word or two in malay.

come to think of it this is worst than what Isreal is doing. at least israel just bring in ppl that is 1% jewish. malay just bring them in because they happened to have few borrowed words from malay.

Please read back definition of malay as per constitution. It has no genetic/geographic basis, purely on nationality, religion & language/culture

As long as meet this criteria, the law recognizes one as beingn malay, regardless of his/her ancestry
maraippo
post Aug 23 2017, 07:39 AM

~PoPoPoPoPo~
1,163 posts

QUOTE(badai @ Aug 21 2017, 03:45 PM)

Lulz. Go read your history book dulu lah
SUSchokia
post Aug 23 2017, 10:49 AM

Chartered Member
3,617 posts

user posted image

That's more vietnam than cambodia

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:36 AM