Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Renewing car insurance under new system, Recommendations

views

TSGTA5
post Aug 18 2017, 09:25 PM, updated 7y ago

Regular
1,284 posts

I tried searching for such post but not many.

If have such post already I will close and move to the said thread. Tq.

So it's time of the year again, to renew car insurance.

Has anyone tried renewing under the new liberalisation system? How do they calculate your premium based on your risks?

Second issue is which company to buy from.

Currently am using Allianz. Before this was using Tokio Marine, quite satisfied. Am thinking of using Allianz back again since I read some reviews their towing service is good and claim process is fast.

Thank you very much sifus.

This post has been edited by GTA5: Aug 19 2017, 08:46 AM
Ginny88
post Aug 18 2017, 09:44 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

Just get quotes from a few companies and compare. Don't waste your time asking how they calculate because nobody knows. Each company has their own algorithm so you can get different prices from different companies.

mystvearn
post Aug 19 2017, 05:42 AM

6,511 posts

If not mistaken, companies can only increase up to 10% rate. I stuck with my previous company as it offers the cheapest. Tried to shop around, but it was more than double
^Ware^wolf
post Aug 19 2017, 07:06 AM

Enthusiast
906 posts

QUOTE(GTA5 @ Aug 18 2017, 09:25 PM)
I tried searching for such post but not many.

If have such post already I will close and move to the said thread. Tq.

So it's time of the year again, to renew car insurance.

Has anyone tried renewing under the new liberalisation system? How do they calculate your premium and risks?

Second issue is which company to buy from.

Currently am using Allianz. Before this was using Tokio Marine, quite satisfied. Am thinking of using Allianz back again since I read some reviews their towing service is good and claim process is fast.

Thank you very much sifus.
so funny to see such post ...ur insurance premium is based on your risk profile....quite obvious u donno what u r asking.
TSGTA5
post Aug 19 2017, 08:47 AM

Regular
1,284 posts

QUOTE(Ginny88 @ Aug 18 2017, 09:44 PM)
Just get quotes from a few companies and compare. Don't waste your time asking how they calculate because nobody knows. Each company has their own algorithm so you can get different prices from different companies.
QUOTE(mystvearn @ Aug 19 2017, 05:42 AM)
If not mistaken, companies can only increase up to 10% rate. I stuck with my previous company as it offers the cheapest. Tried to shop around, but it was more than double
I see, thanks for the input. Will try get quotation from several companies first then and compare.

QUOTE(^Ware^wolf @ Aug 19 2017, 07:06 AM)
so funny to see such post ...ur insurance premium is based on your risk profile....quite obvious u donno what u r asking.
Silly me. My mistake didn't make it clear in my post. Edited already, thanks. So do you have any good recommendations? smile.gif
^ejey^
post Aug 21 2017, 08:12 AM

9 posts

My case:

Using Etiqa (Maybank) online application for 5-6 years already.
Windscreen replacement claim super smooth without any issue, can kawtim tinted somemore (depend on shop.

But, starting this year you unable to set ur car price. U must follow their setup market price range.

This was made online, I dont know if u still can change it if u buy it offline (counter/insurance agent).

jusTinMM
post Aug 21 2017, 10:12 AM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(^ejey^ @ Aug 21 2017, 08:12 AM)
My case:

Windscreen replacement claim super smooth without any issue, can kawtim tinted somemore (depend on shop.

But, starting this year you unable to set ur car price. U must follow their setup market price range.

This was made online, I dont know if u still can change it if u buy it offline (counter/insurance agent).
bro...if online buy car insurance...can go directly to jpj to buy the roadtax without take the car registration car? currently the car registration card keep by the bank...runner always charge me saying need go to bank take car registration card and go jpj to buy roadtax...
benson92
post Aug 21 2017, 10:14 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(jusTinMM @ Aug 21 2017, 10:12 AM)
bro...if online buy car insurance...can go directly to jpj to buy the roadtax without take the car registration car? currently the car registration card keep by the bank...runner always charge me saying need go to bank take car registration card and go jpj to buy roadtax...
nowadays no need to take car reg card dy la, all online settle at jpj dy, ur runner con9 u
jusTinMM
post Aug 21 2017, 10:18 AM

On my way
523 posts

QUOTE(benson92 @ Aug 21 2017, 10:14 AM)
nowadays no need to take car reg card dy la, all online settle at jpj dy, ur runner con9 u
fuuu.....seriously? some more got one item "replace car registra card from A4 size to 1/2 A4 size"???
benson92
post Aug 21 2017, 10:20 AM

Regular
1,010 posts

QUOTE(jusTinMM @ Aug 21 2017, 10:18 AM)
fuuu.....seriously? some more got one item "replace car registra card from A4 size to 1/2 A4 size"???
this 1 not sure, i rmb my mum say runner just need to go jpj and renew roadtax, no need go bank, as least my mum's runner say so whistling.gif
Ginny88
post Aug 21 2017, 01:54 PM

Regular
1,032 posts

Renew road tax also need runner ar? Can be done in post office la. Or better still renew online with MyEg and pay RM10 for their service (IIRC).
TSGTA5
post Aug 21 2017, 03:42 PM

Regular
1,284 posts

QUOTE(^ejey^ @ Aug 21 2017, 08:12 AM)
My case:

I see, thanks for your input. I shortlisted to 3 companies so far, AIG, Allianz and Tokio marine. Will add in Etiqa too.

I think the runner is not honest with you.

You can renew your road tax with jpj / post office now even without the car geran as long as you renewed your car insurance already.

In fact, some insurance companies offer to do your road tax together and send to you for free.
coolstore
post Aug 21 2017, 10:48 PM

Regular
1,522 posts

online = end of middleman biz, in this case, runner

therefore many parties resist to it, killing tradisional biz

NXaqua
post Aug 21 2017, 10:58 PM

Enthusiast
914 posts

QUOTE(jusTinMM @ Aug 21 2017, 10:18 AM)
Yes. My new car was issued a 1/2 size A4, known as VOC or Vehicle Ownership Certificate. There is no longer the need for JPJ to stamp details each time the road tax is renewed.
^ejey^
post Aug 22 2017, 07:55 AM

9 posts

U got snapshot of ur car Registration card/Geran Kereta?

If you have it, u can do it DIY online.

1. register urself at myEg.c0m.
2. buy Roadtax from JPJ page (link inside myEg.c0m)
3. web will check the availability of your car insurance. if not insured yet, the web will offer you Link of associate Insurance company link which able to buy online.
4. access the link to buy Insurance.
5. myEg.c0m will link your Roadtax and Insurance info.
6. Choose your [Roadtax delivery method]. Need to pay RM5-8 depend on ur location.
7. Special delivery of ur Roadtax to ur house or office.

These DIY roadtax has been available on website since 6-7 years ago (maybe earlier?).

Agent conn u that need to go to JPJ blablabla because they also can do it online in-front of their computer. sweat.gif
TSGTA5
post Aug 23 2017, 10:40 PM

Regular
1,284 posts

One of the latest post by Paul Tan site got mention a new online platform by PIAM that offer online shopping for car insurace.

Since I can't post any links here do search it out. Will try the new online platform soon to get my car insurance quotations.

zenockl85
post Aug 24 2017, 03:48 PM

23 posts

can use axa insurance to get the new liberalization system (able get 20% rebateļ¼‰
ahwai
post Feb 23 2019, 07:53 PM

Casual
445 posts

PM 019-3399039 (WhatsApp only) for online car insurance renewal.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:22 PM