Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Engineering Going to SEGi for Electrical and Electronic eng., I have a few questions

views

TSJacksp
post Aug 18 2017, 02:55 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
98 posts

Hi guys, so I will be enrolling in SEGi E&E for their September intake..
These questions are related to my family's financial situation at the moment, so

1) Is it possible to credit transfer private uni to public uni after 1st year undergrad? Like SEGi to UM for example.

2) Is it also possible to credit transfer from SEGi to a different private uni like Monash?

krystaltan
post Aug 18 2017, 02:57 PM

3 posts

go utar

u will pengsan
iSean
post Aug 18 2017, 04:39 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(Jacksp @ Aug 18 2017, 02:55 PM)
Hi guys, so I will be enrolling in SEGi E&E for their September intake..
These questions are related to my family's financial situation at the moment, so

1) Is it possible to credit transfer private uni to public uni after 1st year undergrad? Like SEGi to UM for example.

2) Is it also possible to credit transfer from SEGi to a different private uni like Monash?
Financial Problems wise, that you need further elaborate abit.

So are you from STPM background or A-Level/AUSMAT background?
Did you already applied to UM through UPU, or you intending to pay RM ~90k tuition fees?

Credit Transfer wise, I think you need to check here : https://www.um.edu.my/about-um/administrati...records-section

Try by contacting them, but surely they can't confirm since you might not be their student, if you don't get accepted.

Credit Transfer is based on each university, and with their set curriculum.
If your university doesn't accept the credit transfer from your previous university, then you are forced to retake the subject again.
Paying money.

Anyhow, if you're joining E&E, please put in more efforts in working Circuit Theory, as this will be your hardest subject to score A (my struggles). sweat.gif
Also I don't recall UM accepts current degree students for their RM 90k program, in their entry requirements. But do try and ask.

Monash wise, if you have the money go for it? rclxub.gif But then, isn't financial problem the first place you opened this thread?

This post has been edited by iSean: Aug 18 2017, 04:40 PM
TSJacksp
post Aug 18 2017, 05:28 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Aug 18 2017, 04:39 PM)
Financial Problems wise, that you need further elaborate abit.

So are you from STPM background or A-Level/AUSMAT background?
Did you already applied to UM through UPU, or you intending to pay RM ~90k tuition fees?

Credit Transfer wise, I think you need to check here : https://www.um.edu.my/about-um/administrati...records-section

Try by contacting them, but surely they can't confirm since you might not be their student, if you don't get accepted.

Credit Transfer is based on each university, and with their set curriculum.
If your university doesn't accept the credit transfer from your previous university, then you are forced to retake the subject again.
Paying money.

Anyhow, if you're joining E&E, please put in more efforts in working Circuit Theory, as this will be your hardest subject to score A (my struggles).  sweat.gif
Also I don't recall UM accepts current degree students for their RM 90k program, in their entry requirements. But do try and ask.

Monash wise, if you have the money go for it?  rclxub.gif But then, isn't financial problem the first place you opened this thread?
Ahh I forgot to mention, me and my sibling are going to university at the same time so my parents have to pay quite a hefty amount of university fees, so that puts a bit of a constraint on our financial situation..
So after one year my parents would be able to pay for monash, presumably.

I come from A-Level background, with a C C C in maths, chemistry and physics.
I also heard a lot of horror stories on circuit theory.. I can't wait to get the temptation to drop out of engineering course tongue.gif tongue.gif

Thanks for your reply!

This post has been edited by Jacksp: Aug 18 2017, 05:29 PM
iSean
post Aug 18 2017, 06:07 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(Jacksp @ Aug 18 2017, 05:28 PM)
Ahh I forgot to mention, me and my sibling are going to university at the same time so my parents have to pay quite a hefty amount of university fees, so that puts a bit of a constraint on our financial situation..
So after one year my parents would be able to pay for monash, presumably.

I come from A-Level background, with a C C C in maths, chemistry and physics.
I also heard a lot of horror stories on circuit theory.. I can't wait to get the temptation to drop out of engineering course  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

Thanks for your reply!
Well CCC do qualifies you for Monash, but for UM tho might not, I remember they need 2 Bs for Math/Physics. hmm.gif Also you are from the Recent M/J 2017 batch or you were hanging around for 8 months for the O/N 2016 batch? hmm.gif

Your EEE is by choice or by forced tho? sweat.gif

Personally you know you cannot whine much when you joined this hyped train, when you can't cope.
Waste money only if you drop out from SEGi/Monash.

Also picking a University is very important, E&E wise, besides UM/USM (Gov), UK/AUS private institutes like Monash/Nottingham/Curtin, I don't think many Local Private University are up to standards lah, besides MMU Cyberjaya/UTAR Sg Long/UNITEN.

Personally I was lazy just picked a university nearby my house, but ended up in a bit of regret lah.
Also I wasn't lucky enough to get into Gov. Uni.

This post has been edited by iSean: Aug 18 2017, 06:09 PM
iSean
post Aug 18 2017, 06:18 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(hamsap68+1 @ Aug 18 2017, 06:14 PM)
you private? what uni?
If you dig through my posted threads, you will know where I went. laugh.gif
But then I'm tired of this place liao lah.

Moving back to UTAR or MMU depending on situation and convenience.
TSJacksp
post Aug 18 2017, 07:18 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Aug 18 2017, 06:07 PM)
Well CCC do qualifies you for Monash, but for UM tho might not, I remember they need 2 Bs for Math/Physics.  hmm.gif Also you are from the Recent M/J 2017 batch or you were hanging around for 8 months for the O/N 2016 batch?  hmm.gif

Your EEE is by choice or by forced tho?  sweat.gif

Personally you know you cannot whine much when you joined this hyped train, when you can't cope.
Waste money only if you drop out from SEGi/Monash.

Also picking a University is very important, E&E wise, besides UM/USM (Gov), UK/AUS private institutes like Monash/Nottingham/Curtin, I don't think many Local Private University are up to standards lah, besides MMU Cyberjaya/UTAR Sg Long/UNITEN.

Personally I was lazy just picked a university nearby my house, but ended up in a bit of regret lah.
Also I wasn't lucky enough to get into Gov. Uni.
UM E&E needs 3 Bs including Maths and Physics.

Err, I don't actually know what you mean by M/J 2017 and O/N 2016.

Choice, was originally going to do Chemical Engineering but I heard that Chem engineering shines the most in oil and gas industry.. which I'm not really keen on honestly.

Which private uni you go to?

EDIT: stalked your posts and.. you're studying in UCSI right now? You're gonna transfer unis??

This post has been edited by Jacksp: Aug 18 2017, 07:22 PM
iSean
post Aug 18 2017, 07:26 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(Jacksp @ Aug 18 2017, 07:18 PM)
UM E&E needs 3 Bs including Maths and Physics.

Err, I don't actually know what you mean by M/J 2017 and O/N 2016.

Choice, was originally going to do Chemical Engineering but I heard that Chem engineering shines the most in oil and gas industry.. which I'm not really keen on honestly.

Which private uni you go to?

EDIT: stalked your posts and.. you're studying in UCSI right now? You're gonna transfer unis??
You finished your A2 during during the May-June 2017 session (Latest exam) or October/November 2016 session.
Yes. The one in Taman Connaught not really liking the Community here. sweat.gif

My opinions here was "my expectations was over my head" when I came here.

This post has been edited by iSean: Aug 18 2017, 07:30 PM
TSJacksp
post Aug 18 2017, 07:36 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

QUOTE(iSean @ Aug 18 2017, 07:26 PM)
You finished your A2 during during the May-June 2017 session (Latest exam) or October/November 2016 session.
Yes. The one in Taman Connaught not really liking the Community here.  sweat.gif

My opinions here was "my expectations was over my head" when I came here.
Ooh. Wow I'm stupid for not catching that.
I finished my A2 at M/J 2017 innocent.gif

What's wrong with the community if I may ask? Is it because too many foreigners or lots of ah beng ?

I wish you luck in pursuing your E&E degree biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

iSean
post Aug 18 2017, 07:46 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(Jacksp @ Aug 18 2017, 07:36 PM)
Ooh. Wow I'm stupid for not catching that.
I finished my A2 at M/J 2017  innocent.gif

What's wrong with the community if I may ask? Is it because too many foreigners or lots of ah beng ?

I wish you luck in pursuing your E&E degree  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
Well that maybe explains that, maybe consider go take a few months off before deciding on a course?
No idea, I'm not channeled with the same frequency with these people here. sweat.gif

Facilities around here also not convenience also where I need to mountain climb everyday starting next sem. sweat.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0149sec    0.15    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:58 AM