Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What glue to bind visor pieces together!

views

TSmoon82
post Aug 17 2017, 06:38 PM, updated 7y ago

5 posts

Hi guys I really really need help on this. Currently am working on a project, which is making my own shape spectacles. I took the visor motorbike helmet and cut into the shape I wanted. Now the problem is to stick the lens and ear handle together. It doesn't work.

I have tried Gam gajah and also pvc cement. Can tell me what type of clear glue I should use and where do I find it in KL?at my place Not all hardware hv this varieties of glue..tqqq
magnesium
post Aug 17 2017, 06:45 PM

Regular
1,130 posts

can provide photos for better imagination?

usually peoples use glue gun to bind thick item
ahchun
post Aug 17 2017, 06:52 PM

MiddleAge
1,115 posts

QUOTE(moon82 @ Aug 17 2017, 06:38 PM)
Hi guys I really really need help on this. Currently am working on a project, which is making my own shape spectacles. I took the visor motorbike helmet and cut into the shape I wanted. Now the problem is to stick the lens and ear handle together. It doesn't work.

I have tried Gam gajah and also pvc cement. Can tell me what type of clear glue I should use and where do I find it in KL?at my place Not all hardware hv this varieties of glue..tqqq
What is the material?
Used to stick Acrylic using chloroform
COOLPINK
post Aug 18 2017, 08:13 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,262 posts

non PC wrong thread.

but if you need to glue to pieces together make sure the surface area alot.
glue to parts together but with little surface for the glue to hold will not be strong.
also too much glue will reduce the holding strength.
post some pics of the parts you want to glue so we can give better suggestions other than using super glue.
conxtion
post Aug 18 2017, 11:32 PM

Getting Started
207 posts

A drop of Supa Glue by Selleys can bind one tonne, provided the surfaces are flat and clean.

Don't simply buy any "Super glue" or "Elephant glue", only the one manufactured by Selleys and brand name is "Supa Glue".
ledtechn
post Aug 19 2017, 12:08 AM

Getting Started
55 posts

use epoxy. it is very strong
UnknownH
post Aug 19 2017, 06:58 PM

Enthusiast
1,437 posts

QUOTE(moon82 @ Aug 17 2017, 06:38 PM)

LOCA/UV glue. Available at DIY. Thank me later.
elgan
post Aug 20 2017, 03:09 AM

Getting Started
166 posts

Be careful with superglue (Cyanoacrylate) as its fumes can fog certain types of plastic.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0143sec    0.93    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:48 PM