Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Benelli TRK 502 vs Honda CB500X, Entry Touring Bike comparison

views

ViV0
post Jul 13 2018, 04:59 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 13 2018, 03:29 PM)
got but not in this forum  biggrin.gif

rider chris u know? wrote bout it in his travels on this bike around msia n swak sabah...

TRK502X launched by binilli recently...  biggrin.gif

https://overlandmag.com/features/benelli-tr...2-x-first-ride/

user posted image
Yea i know, just asking anyone owned the TRK or not here brows.gif ohhsom bike fully equip accessories, no need to spend extra to get the side box, crash bar, etc..
lowpro
post Jul 14 2018, 06:17 PM

Getting Started
139 posts

I think Benelli can actually shave more weight off the bike. They just need to use better materials in construction but then again, better materials usually mean higher cost. With the need to go up against the establishment, and also to see cost benefit analysis. I guess that's why they decided to go with what they have today...and that is, to undercut the competition because they don't have the brand strength in price and give more goodies but sacrifice in the way of how the bike is constructed.

Maybe the next generation will come with more hi-tech materials to shave weight but that largely depends on the take up of this current model where they sell on price advantage and loaded up with goodies. So, more people buy now, they will most probably up their game for the next model. If nobody takes up, they may need to go back to the drawing board
ViV0
post Jul 20 2018, 09:28 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(lowpro @ Jul 14 2018, 06:17 PM)
I think Benelli can actually shave more weight off the bike. They just need to use better materials in construction but then again, better materials usually mean higher cost. With the need to go up against the establishment, and also to see cost benefit analysis. I guess that's why they decided to go with what they have today...and that is, to undercut the competition because they don't have the brand strength in price and give more goodies but sacrifice in the way of how the bike is constructed.

Maybe the next generation will come with more hi-tech materials to shave weight but that largely depends on the take up of this current model where they sell on price advantage and loaded up with goodies. So, more people buy now, they will most probably up their game for the next model. If nobody takes up, they may need to go back to the drawing board
I agree to some extend bro, already the bike weight 235kg (wet), !but! lets think for a moment and please hear my thoughts and my 5cents. Okay, for me lets consider about the standard accessory that contributed to its weight, can't we agree the crash bar, side/top box bracket and wind breaker frame could easily be least 20kg?, imagine if the CB500X added the same brackets and crash bar the weight will be similar, the Italian and Chinese designer/engineers would have calculated this prior releasing their product wouldn't they? hmm.gif , and for the materials so far used in constructing the bike is on par with any close competition, and further investigation on GOOGLE icon_idea.gif that Benelli(QJ Chinese current owner) use BMW as a benchmark to R&D their product, you can see the similarity of the TRK 502 with the BMW GS variant.

Lastly about the brand is already very well establish just that the perception on asian market is on the low sides, many competitions could not compete in terms of standard package the TRK 502 offered and price i do not need to elaborate if you compared. The close competition namely the CB500X. Many complained that the gimmick for the local distributor for Honda is withholding the ABS brakes to come as standard and make believe the ones with ABS comes as a premiums package only, perhaps they should ditch the old marketing habits and start giving the necessary accessory as a standard as what Benelli is practicing for our local market.
basilisk
post Jul 21 2018, 04:13 AM

30 posts

the weight of trk 502 is without accessories...

no bike put their weight on paper is fully loaded with extras ... biggrin.gif

the dry weight as stated on benelli's italian website is 213KG...

https://italy.benelli.com/product/trk-502

compared to a BMW R1200GS Adv is 223kg biggrin.gif

Leoncino 500cc dry is 186 KG

Ducati scrambler classic 800CC is 176kg dry ...

Weight comes with a price..

SUSPerfect.Stranger
post Jul 21 2018, 04:22 AM

Getting Started
58 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 21 2018, 04:13 AM)

no bike put their weight on paper is fully loaded with extras ...  biggrin.gif

compared to a BMW R1200GS Adv is 223kg  biggrin.gif

honda is far better than beneli

i hope ts didnt buy benelli.

saw few review videos...trk got so many negative reviews..people tempted of the looks more on its reliability and its performance.
basilisk
post Jul 21 2018, 08:12 AM

30 posts

got negative reviews?
which video?

most mat salleh review (in ingris) said is ok, tho its small engine n heavy..

tht y they launch the trk502x
ViV0
post Jul 21 2018, 10:34 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(Perfect.Stranger @ Jul 21 2018, 04:22 AM)
honda is far better than beneli

i hope ts didnt buy benelli.

saw few review videos...trk got so many negative reviews..people tempted of the looks more on its reliability and its performance.
Hi, can you share the few video you saw and share the links here?
ViV0
post Jul 21 2018, 10:41 AM

10 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 21 2018, 04:13 AM)

no bike put their weight on paper is fully loaded with extras ...  biggrin.gif

compared to a BMW R1200GS Adv is 223kg  biggrin.gif

Yep I didn't mention accessories, just the frames fitted, you can see the dry weight stated varies from 210kg to 220kg if you search.
basilisk
post Jul 21 2018, 11:01 AM

30 posts

the frame of cases bolt on to the bike is consider acc.
those r not included in the weight
only the weight given by the manufacturer ie benelli should be taken as the correct weight.

unless the bike is weight again by reviewers.

basilisk
post Jul 21 2018, 11:35 AM

30 posts

after checking online again.. there seems to be some issue regarding the 'real' weight of TRK502

this article gives a good comparison

https://overlandmag.com/features/benelli-tr...rst-1200-miles/

user posted image

UK review

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/revie...kesocial-review

" I was with a friend on a CB500X. Their opinion on swapping bikes for a bit was that if the Benelli had been out when he bought the Honda it would have been a difficult decision to make. He liked that the Benelli felt more planted, torquier, with a more comfortable on road riding position and that it had a big bike feel and a good level of basic equipment. Clearly, if you’re in the market for something like this, it might be worth giving the Benelli a ride... It might surprise you as much as it did us. "

AU review

https://bikereview.com.au/review-2018-benelli-trk-502-lams/

This post has been edited by basilisk: Jul 21 2018, 11:44 AM
ViV0
post Jul 21 2018, 02:03 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 21 2018, 11:35 AM)
after checking online again.. there seems to be some issue regarding the  'real' weight of TRK502

this article gives a good comparison

https://overlandmag.com/features/benelli-tr...rst-1200-miles/

user posted image
UK review

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/revie...kesocial-review

"  I was with a friend on a CB500X. Their opinion on swapping bikes for a bit was that if the Benelli had been out when he bought the Honda it would have been a difficult decision to make. He liked that the Benelli felt more planted, torquier, with a more comfortable on road riding position and that it had a big bike feel and a good level of basic equipment. Clearly, if you’re in the market for something like this, it might be worth giving the Benelli a ride... It might surprise you as much as it did us. "

AU review

https://bikereview.com.au/review-2018-benelli-trk-502-lams/
Thank you for verifying, as i said earlier the weight really varies, maybe the word Standard equipped does include the crash bar and top wind breaker frame, anyway lets put this aside. The question is are you an owner of TRK502? If yes, how does it performs? Any issues?
basilisk
post Jul 21 2018, 02:14 PM

30 posts

if u wan to find out any info about a particular bike...

apart from coming here... u should go n meet the owners by joining them at special events or

watsap groups...

'foruming' in msia is dead... lyn is the notorious last stand... biggrin.gif

since the arrival of 'smart phones' ppl are getting lazy n abandoning forums.. esp in msia...

if u r frm klang valley, u should go to this event today... now kinda too late..

it is the launch of Benelli Best shop - by Tenaga Motor Kajang branch..

see got many trk owners there...

user posted image

pic by Rusli benelli

din show got alot leoncino tho... biggrin.gif
ViV0
post Jul 21 2018, 02:31 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 21 2018, 02:14 PM)
if u wan to find out any info about a particular bike...

apart from coming here... u should go n meet the owners by joining them at special events or

watsap groups...
'foruming' in msia is dead... lyn is the notorious last stand...  biggrin.gif

since the arrival of 'smart phones' ppl are getting lazy n abandoning forums.. esp in msia...
if u r frm klang valley, u should go to this event today... now kinda too late..
it is the launch of Benelli Best shop - by Tenaga Motor Kajang branch..

see got many trk owners there...

user posted image

pic by Rusli benelli

din show got alot leoncino tho...  biggrin.gif

Totally agree with you on this for forum board, but still its the best place to check and get informations.
drool.gif were you there today? devil.gif
basilisk
post Jul 21 2018, 02:40 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(ViV0 @ Jul 21 2018, 02:31 PM)
Totally agree with you on this for forum board, but still its the best place to check and get informations.
drool.gif were you there today? devil.gif
i wasnt there..

u go n test ride la.. there is one test unit @ tenaga motor cheras.. call them to confirm
ViV0
post Jul 21 2018, 03:18 PM

10 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 21 2018, 02:40 PM)
i wasnt there..

u go n test ride la.. there is one test unit @ tenaga motor cheras..  call them to confirm
icon_idea.gif not required actually, icon_rolleyes.gif have 1 nearby my place for test ride.
DoomHammer
post Jul 31 2018, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
225 posts

I vote for CB500X, in Honda I trust. Currently riding a Honda since 2014, now mileage reached 82,000km already. no problem with the engine and transmission so far.
wat de....?!
post Feb 18 2022, 08:27 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

Went to check on trk502 V2 today
Asking price is 36k OTR cash, with 3 aluminium cases
Very tempting I would say with such accessories included despite the bulky size n weight... No idea on the reliability

On the other hand I'm waiting for cb500x 2022 launch and will check it out at bigwing... Not sure what is the price as previous version is 37k otr
From online review it seems that this new version is good, with some improvements
**boon siew honda sudah launch latest version on 15th Feb, price remains the same as previous version**

This post has been edited by wat de....?!: Feb 20 2022, 08:15 AM
Langiler
post Feb 21 2022, 06:27 AM

Lang-Iler not Lan Giler
544 posts

QUOTE(wat de....?! @ Feb 18 2022, 08:27 PM)
Went to check on trk502 V2 today
Asking price is 36k OTR cash, with 3 aluminium cases
Very tempting I would say with such accessories included despite the bulky size n weight... No idea on the reliability

On the other hand I'm waiting for cb500x 2022 launch and will check it out at bigwing... Not sure what is the price as previous version is 37k otr
From online review it seems that this new version is good, with some improvements
**boon siew honda sudah launch latest version on 15th Feb, price remains the same as previous version**
Yes the new Honda 500 series should be 1~2k price increase than old model. But the newer model is soo good looking to me. perhaps they kanot tahan Benelli TRK offering more than the CBX for rm36k
wat de....?!
post Feb 21 2022, 07:24 AM

Getting Started
50 posts

QUOTE(Langiler @ Feb 21 2022, 06:27 AM)
Yes the new Honda 500 series should be 1~2k price increase than old model. But the newer model is soo good looking to me. perhaps they kanot tahan Benelli TRK offering more than the CBX for rm36k
Trk has really good offering n package, also good review. Really on par with 500x.

For a small difference of rm1k, it is very hard to decide which one to get. One is superior reliability and other with inclusive accessories {meaning no need to spend more for add-ons}

For 500x, with the same add-ons as Trk, easily would cost 3k at minimum
alexei
post Feb 21 2022, 04:13 PM

Biker Mice from Mars
1,709 posts

TRK502 - big bike with small engine, max load is 217kg. Many Benelli bikes list their max load.
CB500X - need to search for max load, but their official accessory list side box, top box, and pillion bag at a total of ~15kg only.

Honda would be faster, agile and more fuel saving.
Benelli stable at speed, better brakes and more towards adventure.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.47    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:36 AM