Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Curly hair girls, what hair product do you use?

views

TSHunther
post Aug 10 2017, 05:51 PM, updated 4y ago

Casual
336 posts

So far i'm been using argan oil conditioner and sukin sulphate free shampoo but so far the end results are the same? I don't see any difference then before i switch to silicon and sulphate free conditioner and shampoo. Am i doing something wrong here? I usually frequent curlyhair on reddit but most of the products they listed there are unvailable in msia. What kind of other hair product should i use to make my hair less frizzy and "healthy-looking"
NightHeart
post Aug 11 2017, 12:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,909 posts

QUOTE(Hunther @ Aug 10 2017, 05:51 PM)
So far i'm been using argan oil conditioner and sukin sulphate free shampoo but so far the end results are the same? I don't see any difference then before i switch to silicon and sulphate free conditioner and shampoo. Am i doing something wrong here? I usually frequent curlyhair on reddit but most of the products they listed there are unvailable in msia. What kind of other hair product should i use to make my hair less frizzy and "healthy-looking"
Sukin is like an entry level natural product. For those who wanted something natural but doesn't cost a bomb. So, it's kinda natural but probably not the best in giving result. Personally I feel it's quite diluted & the ingredients that Sukin used is kinda average.

Re-look at your argan oil conditioner's ingredient list. It's probably lotsa fillers & the argan oil is like 1% only. As far as I know, argan oil is hovering around RM200 per 100ml in Malaysia. So people usually just apply the oil directly at their hair. Also, for hair, argan oil is usually used to nourish the hair to remedy split ends & dryness. I generally prefer argan oil for face lol. For your frizzy hair, probably castor oil or black seed oil is more suitable (plus they're more economical too!). If you wanna grow hair, black castor oil is better at that. Just take note that different oils has different purposes/benefits/strengths. There's no 1 size fits all solution for this especially when different people has different condition. So you may need to try a few to find something that suits you best.

A genuinely good & natural shampoo kinda weights your hair down because those real oils in it are heavy, giving you the rebonded or flat look right after using. So some people rinse with apple cider vinegar after that.
TSHunther
post Aug 17 2017, 12:25 PM

Casual
336 posts

QUOTE(misstress egg @ Aug 11 2017, 08:55 PM)
do u use hair mask and hair oil ?

i am using sunsilk pink products
no I don't. I really don't know what product is good to buy confused.gif
curlydeiji
post Oct 17 2018, 07:25 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(Hunther @ Aug 10 2017, 05:51 PM)
i think for a less frizzy curly hair , a good conditioner and deep conditioner are really important . if you want to try a new conditioner , the products from Petal Fresh are not that bad .for deep conditioner i havent tried any product yet , so i cant recommend any . what kind of hair styler do you use ? make sure you use it while your hair are still wet , better if you apply it right after you wash your hair . i use Mayflower hair moisturizer , it is silicone free . currently the only silicone
free product i could find . if you dont mind using a styler tht containe silicone , hair styler product from Lucido are not tht bad . i've tried lucido designing tube hair Cream ,and it was quite good . some of the product from Shea Moisture and Cantu are actually available in shopee and lazada.i heard Shea Moisture curl milk are quite good . it is quite pricey tho .
only comb your hair while its wet using a wide tooth comb smile.gif
rikki921
post Jan 25 2019, 11:27 AM

0 posts

Hi there, I recommend using the watsons naturals line of shampoo/conditioner as those are silicone free, easy to find, are reasonably priced (about rm20 on promotion and 25 normally) and have an argan oil, olive oil, quinoa, aloe vera, and coffee version available. I'm not sure about the shampoo and the other lines as I've only used the aloe vera version, but I do like the conditioner (which I double it as a leave-in conditioner). Maybe you can try the argan oil version? I've also seen that Pure Beauty is silicone free (not sure if its sulfate free). Another brand which I know that is definitely silicone and sulfate free is Nature's Gate (rm25-28), but this is only found in places like AA pharmacy and Aeon Wellness.

Also, it is understated that if you really want to have less frizzy hair, you must use a styling product in your hair. I suggest that if you want more information that you search up "curly hair routine" on youtube as there are many who make videos on how to style curly hair (and find one with hair closest to your type).

Personally, I have type 2c hair and I like watching a youtuber called "Dana Marie". After I shampoo and condition, I apply my diy leave-in (conditioner + water + hair oil) and a hair gel while it is wet. I use Guardian Aloe Vera Gel (rm10) as I have sensitive skin but if you don't, you can use whichever one you like. The one I used to use is actually a mens hair gel called "Dashing Elite Super Strong Water Gel" (rm12). It does contain silicone but i find it extremely difficult to find a silicone free styling product so sweat.gif . It is the only gel I could find that did not have alcohol and any weird ingredients (I've seen formaldehyde , the stuff normally used to preserve dead bodies, in hair gel so yeah. Note that it does create a gel cast (search that up on youtube too XD) when it dries, but it scrunches out easily as long as you don't put too much gel.

In regards to hair salons, I've not been to this one but I have seen photos of the haircuts they've done over on the FB page and they do cut/style curly hair (they have experience). Its called "AVEDA SALON Esthetic Hairdressing" and its at Avenue K (across from KLCC). I'm not sure about the pricing but I assume it'll be higher than going to a place like A-Saloon.
Klonreplica P
post Oct 23 2019, 09:01 PM

Probation
5 posts

Giovanni hair care products are all right, loreal botanical fresh care line, petal fresh, nature's gate products..these are all cg approved, and you can also try home made flaxseed gel. I feel like in our humid malaysian weather is very easy to over moisturize, so these days I'm skipping leave in conditioner and go easy with curl cream, i go heavier on gel.
Queen_AQ
post Dec 11 2019, 09:20 AM

Getting Started
62 posts

QUOTE(Klonreplica @ Oct 23 2019, 09:01 PM)
Giovanni hair care products are all right, loreal botanical  fresh care line, petal fresh, nature's gate products..these are all cg approved, and you can also try home made flaxseed gel. I feel like in our humid malaysian weather is very easy to over moisturize,  so these days I'm skipping leave in conditioner and go easy with curl cream, i go heavier on gel.
Can recommend good curl cream? Not too expensive
zbeth P
post Jul 2 2020, 12:16 AM

Probation
23 posts

Perhaps you also can try apply your hair with mousse.
LemonKnight
post Dec 25 2020, 01:45 AM

Getting Started
63 posts

Curly guy here, mobs spare me please, just trying to be helpful.

Anyway, I've been experimenting on my hair. I recommend these products:

1. Watson's naturals Coconut hair butter. It's hard to find this but if you can find it, it will be your best friend if you can take in coconut in your hair. Use it as a leave-in conditioner, it can clump and shine your curls without additional curl creams or gels. I got it on sale for RM13.

2. Schwarzkopf OSiS+ Bouncy Curl Gel. Apply this when hair is somewhere between damp and wet with your fingers, focusing on the midlengths to the ends. Should be around RM20-RM30 in stores like SHINS or online.

Try these products. From my experience, they made my curly hair look better than the shampoo and conditioner. Focus on styling first. Also, go to MR DIY and get a cheap microfibre towel and scrunch excess water with it then air dry. T-shirts work fine, too.

Good luck going the curly girl method, Silicone-free curl products cost more than your monthly internet but dermatologists say using silicone isn't bad so take a look at the products I recommended.

ps: the watsons hair butter doesn't have silicone, but in general, silicone like dimethicone ingredients is fine to use.

This post has been edited by LemonKnight: Dec 25 2020, 01:52 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0210sec    0.65    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 19th January 2021 - 11:09 PM