Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guitar Apps for Beginner

views

TShonkkydorry
post Aug 10 2017, 10:58 AM, updated 7y ago

On my way
671 posts

Does anyone know of any website, youtube or apps for beginner that is super easy to follow? I've downloaded Justin Guitar apps and watched a few YT videos but I am struggling to understand some of the explanations and am not progressing much, if at all in my quest to learn guitar. Lack of practice is probably one of the reason too which I need to improve on.

I know taking lessons would be best but I want to learn some basics first before actually join any class cos I want to gain a bit of confidence first. Maybe it has to do with my childhood phobia cos last time when I was young, my mother enrolled me in organ lessons and I was a slow student with a very impatient teacher who constantly hit the organ when I made mistakes biggrin.gif . Needless to say, I gave up after a few months of classes.

This post has been edited by honkkydorry: Aug 10 2017, 11:00 AM
St. Jimmy
post Aug 10 2017, 11:11 AM

Getting Started
281 posts

yousicion.com
Zot
post Aug 10 2017, 11:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

The easiest is to get straight to fun of playing guitar. Any theory lesson is really boring.

I would say just buy any book that shows where to place your fingers on chords used in each song and start singing. Get the book with songs that are familiar to you.

After that you can go to class and start learning on music theory and then go for classical guitar smile.gif
TShonkkydorry
post Aug 10 2017, 04:07 PM

On my way
671 posts

QUOTE(Zot @ Aug 10 2017, 11:14 AM)
The easiest is to get straight to fun of playing guitar. Any theory lesson is really boring.

I would say just buy any book that shows where to place your fingers on chords used in each song and start singing. Get the book with songs that are familiar to you.

After that you can go to class and start learning on music theory and then go for classical guitar  smile.gif
Oh, I am not interested in music theory. If I just buy a music book, I think I will have difficulty knowing when to change chord or the strumming pattern. Actually, my aim is to learn fingerpicking but I figured better to learn some basic chords before jumping into fingerstyle. I tried to looking at a tablature and couldn't even fully understand the instruction on how to read the tab. Maybe I am just super slow or maybe I think too much. Will give this guitar learning another attempt.
Zot
post Aug 10 2017, 04:39 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

QUOTE(honkkydorry @ Aug 10 2017, 04:07 PM)
Oh, I am not interested in music theory. If I just buy a music book, I think I will have difficulty knowing when to change chord or the strumming pattern.  Actually, my aim is to learn fingerpicking but I figured better to learn some basic chords before jumping into fingerstyle. I tried to looking at a tablature and couldn't even fully understand the instruction on how to read the tab. Maybe I am just super slow or maybe I think too much. Will give this guitar learning another attempt.
Strumming pattern is not really important in the beginning. Just strum as you like and slowly learn to put fingers on the right string to form a chord. In most song, there are only few chords that are repeated. Slowly you will get faster and faster. Then the strumming will naturally comes in as you hear the original song beat. You can also watch on you tube how others strum that particular song.

Here is how to read tabulature:

quarantined
post Aug 10 2017, 04:43 PM

Create Not Imitate
3,390 posts

there are possibly a bunch of better apps out there but I'm loyal to Guitar Pro.
Zot
post Aug 10 2017, 04:44 PM

Look at all my stars!!
7,591 posts

You can start with free simple song here

http://www.guitarnick.com/index.html
TShonkkydorry
post Aug 11 2017, 10:28 AM

On my way
671 posts

Thanks for the feedback. Will look into all the comments.
lockheed90
post Aug 18 2017, 10:33 AM

Getting Started
271 posts

QUOTE(honkkydorry @ Aug 10 2017, 10:58 AM)
Does anyone know of any website, youtube or apps for beginner that is super easy to follow? I've downloaded Justin Guitar apps and watched a few YT videos but I am struggling to understand some of the explanations and am not progressing much, if at all in my quest to learn guitar.  Lack of practice is probably one of the reason too which I need to improve on. 

I know taking lessons would be best but I want to learn some basics first before actually join any class cos I want to gain a bit of confidence first. Maybe it has to do with my childhood phobia cos last time when I was young, my mother enrolled me in organ lessons and I was a slow student with a very impatient teacher who constantly hit the organ when I made mistakes  biggrin.gif .  Needless to say, I gave up after a few months of classes.
try chordify.com..simple chord for any song you can find on youtube

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0124sec    0.41    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:11 AM