Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

my boss insults me, after resignation

views

KennRicky
post Aug 9 2017, 10:53 AM

Getting Started
103 posts

QUOTE(wlhom @ Aug 9 2017, 10:08 AM)
It seems like your boss is taking advantage of your personality when you dare not to go against the higher up. When you meet with a difficult boss like this, buff up yourself to talk back. If I were in your situation, I would have long shoot KAO KAO your boss and his wife.
x2

But remember, don't turn the situation into fight physically.
You just wanna show him that u are not a weak person neither.
Very important, if turn into physical fight, u will be in great trouble.
Well, based on your personality, i bet u won't.

What is more important, before make this happen, take an AL and go Department of Labour yourself to ask the staff there. Get to know what is your right as an employee in this situation, under which act & which section. Joint down note when listening.

When talk to your boss, pretend that u have a lawyer friend, thus you know all this act & section things when u chit chat with your friend, then I am sure your Boss will diam diam.

Lastly, to be honest, people here talk only, unable to help u much one.
danieln
post Aug 9 2017, 12:04 PM

Regular
1,249 posts

QUOTE(jenny1990 @ Aug 9 2017, 09:37 AM)
since i still have 3 months to go. they can sue me for tarnish reputation of the company?
guide on how to going public or filling a complaint toward them after getting the recording of voice.
oic  hmm.gif . they said no recording in the room.
I guess you are the soft type so they bully you the way they like

its time to voice up and let them know when to back off. You are already leaving the company so no need to worry so much on how to please them. as long as you are doing the work in your job scope then nothing much they can do to you.
RNM
post Aug 9 2017, 06:34 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

Do not sign.

If you payment around 3k or above, dont be shy to take advice with labour department.

Can you PM me the company name. Need to be careful too.

My advice, if he/her said something bad and angry. Just be cool. Just silent, I know it quit a pressure but discussing with rude/angry people won't go anywhere.

Be wise..
Mr_47
post Aug 9 2017, 10:01 PM

***NOT MODERATOR *** Post : +10,000,000,00 Warn: 100%
4,316 posts

QUOTE(jenny1990 @ Aug 8 2017, 11:41 PM)
why too late? hmm.gif
if they hold your salary then its too late, if got full by end month then you cabut , no need to wait for 3 month as notice. boss sux bigtime
TSjenny1990
post Aug 9 2017, 10:06 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(Mr_47 @ Aug 9 2017, 10:01 PM)
if they hold your salary then its too late, if got full by end month then you cabut , no need to wait for 3 month as notice. boss sux bigtime
no need serve 3 months? i dun have 9k to pay
arc_archive
post Aug 9 2017, 10:08 PM

Casual
386 posts

Dont simply record2, later it backfire u baru tau. Sometimes, we thought we're pandai and try to sue them, but most of the big Company have laeyer advised them. So careful yo. If ur small company, then up to u lor.
TSjenny1990
post Aug 9 2017, 10:57 PM

Getting Started
106 posts

QUOTE(arc_archive @ Aug 9 2017, 10:08 PM)
Dont simply record2, later it backfire u baru tau. Sometimes, we thought we're pandai and try to sue them, but most of the big Company have laeyer advised them. So careful yo. If ur small company, then up to u lor.
need protect own self. if no record, no one believe wat u say.
gamestotal
post Aug 9 2017, 11:56 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(jenny1990 @ Aug 8 2017, 10:01 PM)
i have worked 6 months in this company. i recently just submitted the resignation letter to the company with 3 months notice as per employment contract. From that day onwards since i tendered resignation letter, my boss always ask me go to their room and started to scold, insults and keep finding my mistakes to make me leave as soon as possible.  He labels as bad worker and will blacklist me for future reference.

So today, the boss has issues me with acceptance letter that required me to sign. But i refused to it because part of letter stated that i have been verbally warned by them towards a misconducts/omissions.  He shout and angry because i didn't sign the letter immediately. I said i need to read carefully before sign. I didnt do anything wrong. He framed me for it.

This company is nightmare for me.What should i do now? How can i survive for this 3 months?
welcome to the work force, plz dont do anything unprofessional & plz dont advise this guy to do such things.

firstly what is the reason you are leaving? did the company cheat you (not paying salary)? so long as the company pays you, and you have your boss or your work colleagues, or if its not your `dream job`, suck it up. you are paid to show up to work & to work.

that being said, first talk to the boss, get on your knees and apologize. no boss will be an ass. unless if he is an employee (manager) not the head or owner of the company. or he is mentally insane. you dont get up there being a mean person.

if he is angry with you, you must have done something wrong.

Ex. case 1: if you are new/fresh or without 10 years experience. you join as fresh, company pay u for 6 months to train you. then after u learn, you leave before contributing, possibly cause other company offer you higher pay (or you are just a mean person). this give the boss a lot of reason to hate you.

ex. case 2: if you are new/fresh or without 10 years experience. you join as fresh, company pay u for 6 months to train you. then after u learn, you decide that you wont like the job or industry n wish to explore your passion. you have screwed the boss, wasting his money & time. this give the boss a lot of reason to hate you.

why did i say this?
6 months in a job + quit. normally its either cause of greed (higher offer) , inability to perform , or some other issues. if the staff is doing well (ex: sales staff able to sell), which boss in the right mind will be like this logically thinking?

party
post Aug 10 2017, 02:32 PM

Enthusiast
755 posts

Above is a post sponsored by the employers definitelty
Blofeld
post Aug 11 2017, 12:46 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,457 posts

If you are free, you might want to read these two cases involving the tort of intentional infliction of mental shock.

Wilkinson v Downton
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilkinson_v_Downton

First local case involving tort of intentional infliction of mental shock.
Mohd Ridzwan Abdul Razak v Asmah Hj Mohd Nor
https://www.digitalnewsasia.com/sites/defau..._2015_4_295.pdf

So you have the precedent cases above to help you.

So, make sure you do the recordings and to play safe on your part, do NOT retaliate.
tehoice
post Aug 11 2017, 04:30 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

QUOTE(gamestotal @ Aug 9 2017, 11:56 PM)
welcome to the work force, plz dont do anything unprofessional & plz dont advise this guy to do such things.

firstly what is the reason you are leaving? did the company cheat you (not paying salary)? so long as the company pays you, and you have your boss or your work colleagues, or if its not your `dream job`, suck it up. you are paid to show up to work & to work.

that being said, first talk to the boss, get on your knees and apologize. no boss will be an ass. unless if he is an employee (manager) not the head or owner of the company. or he is mentally insane. you dont get up there being a mean person.

Ex. case 1: if you are new/fresh or without 10 years experience. you join as fresh, company pay u for 6 months to train you. then after u learn, you leave before contributing, possibly cause other company offer you higher pay (or you are just a mean person). this give the boss a lot of reason to hate you.

ex. case 2: if you are new/fresh or without 10 years experience. you join as fresh, company pay u for 6 months to train you. then after u learn, you decide that you wont like the job or industry n wish to explore your passion. you have screwed the boss, wasting his money & time. this give the boss a lot of reason to hate you.
why did i say this?
6 months in a job + quit. normally its either cause of greed (higher offer) , inability to perform , or some other issues. if the staff is doing well (ex: sales staff able to sell), which boss in the right mind will be like this logically thinking?
not sure why your argument only side the employers.

as TS mentioned, the company is small, only 10 of them including bosses. it could be other issues too. it could be due to the company's problem that leads to TS's resignation.

and you have to realise, in fact all of the bosses out there. People comes, people goes. you can't stop them, do they leave because of the company's own problem? if yes, go and figure it out and make some improvement. Is it the retention plan of the company? pay like shit and expect people to work 200%? if yes? you know what you need to do.

This world is like that, people comes, people goes. if they learned and and chose to leave, let them go. if you don't want to waste time teaching, then hire someone whom already knows about the work, you can also pitch from other company with some premium to get them over to work for you. if you are not willing to pay, then suck it up by hiring freshies and those whom are willing to join you but expect them to leave one day.

what is there to hate???? be more professional, if you are doing good, there's no problem in the company, you are paying well. if there is no push factor for them to go, people may retain themselves there. Hate because of your 2 cases above? grow up dude.

the way how the bosses handle this things is really childish and stupid.

This post has been edited by tehoice: Aug 11 2017, 04:31 PM
barista
post Aug 11 2017, 04:33 PM

I want to retire
871 posts

Forget your salary, leave immediately.
tehoice
post Aug 11 2017, 05:14 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

my notice period is also 3 months. IB.
alvinfks78
post Aug 11 2017, 05:30 PM

Regular
1,119 posts

take care
gamestotal
post Aug 13 2017, 11:47 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

QUOTE(tehoice @ Aug 11 2017, 04:30 PM)
not sure why your argument only side the employers.

as TS mentioned, the company is small, only 10 of them including bosses. it could be other issues too. it could be due to the company's problem that leads to TS's resignation.

and you have to realise, in fact all of the bosses out there. People comes, people goes. you can't stop them, do they leave because of the company's own problem? if yes, go and figure it out and make some improvement. Is it the retention plan of the company? pay like shit and expect people to work 200%? if yes? you know what you need to do.

This world is like that, people comes, people goes. if they learned and and chose to leave, let them go. if you don't want to waste time teaching, then hire someone whom already knows about the work, you can also pitch from other company with some premium to get them over to work for you. if you are not willing to pay, then suck it up by hiring freshies and those whom are willing to join you but expect them to leave one day.

what is there to hate???? be more professional, if you are doing good, there's no problem in the company, you are paying well. if there is no push factor for them to go, people may retain themselves there. Hate because of your 2 cases above? grow up dude.

the way how the bosses handle this things is really childish and stupid.
its not about the pay most of the time. its more towards the attitude.

i personally find that you should at least stay a year if you join a company. if there is any major issues, leave within the first month. it would be pretty obvious if there is problems (ex: pms/insane boss/cheating boss) within the first 1-2 months.

ex: i join this company (high flyer job) where they fly me everywhere. after 2.5 months, i see the boss is not ethical. promises staff double pay upon confirmation (3 months), but on the condition if they work for half pay for 3 months for 'testing'. out of 10 who join, 9 got sacked 1 week before the 3 months period, only me remains (they gave me the double salary + confirmation). so i quit cause i dont want to work for a cheating boss.

not going to be easy to find a job if your next employer sees a a job applicant quit every 3-6 months over n over.

tehoice
post Aug 14 2017, 03:25 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,403 posts

QUOTE(gamestotal @ Aug 13 2017, 11:47 PM)
its not about the pay most of the time. its more towards the attitude.

i personally find that you should at least stay a year if you join a company. if there is any major issues, leave within the first month. it would be pretty obvious if there is problems (ex: pms/insane boss/cheating boss) within the first 1-2 months.

ex: i join this company (high flyer job) where they fly me everywhere. after 2.5 months, i see the boss is not ethical. promises staff double pay upon confirmation (3 months), but on the condition if they work for half pay for 3 months for 'testing'. out of 10 who join, 9 got sacked 1 week before the 3 months period, only me remains (they gave me the double salary + confirmation). so i quit cause i dont want to work for a cheating boss.

not going to be easy to find a job if your next employer sees a a job applicant quit every 3-6 months over n over.
your ex boss is just exploiting the job seekers.

half pay for 3 months? what a stupid idea.
ZZMsia
post Aug 14 2017, 05:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,303 posts

QUOTE(jenny1990 @ Aug 8 2017, 10:22 AM)
There is no hr department. this small company consists of 10 people only including the boss and all the staff.  the boss is the hr.
Always small cikkia company like this.

All should avoid family run businesses......exploit workers.Not all but MOST
sweet_pez
post Aug 15 2017, 11:45 AM

何を見ているの
Group Icon
Staff
4,242 posts

QUOTE(jenny1990 @ Aug 8 2017, 10:01 PM)
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Its very simple. He is venting his frustration on you and because you have opted to leave, everything about you irks him. He wants to make things difficult for you.

DIE DIE do not sign the letter. Tell him flat out that you did not do any misconduct and as such, will not sign the letter.

How to survive the next 3 months? Use your leave, your MC and your EL like I_Thought said. Usually I don't agree with this method but since this is an unfair situation, that's one way to go.

Have you every thought of asking him for an early release? Means instead of serving 3 months, ask him to let you go after 1-2 months especially since he's not giving you much work anymore. I don't think he wants to blindly give you salary also.

QUOTE(jenny1990 @ Aug 8 2017, 10:16 PM)
his wife(second boss) ask me to leave my phone on the table before enter.  If my salary around Rm3000, will labour department able to seek justice for me?.
Then bring a recording device. They are small so you can keep it in your pocket. Ask whether any friend has it. Click record before you walk in to the room.

Have some evidence with you. IF in any case he caused trouble and frame you for things you didn't do, at least you have something to hold onto. He could easily fabricate evidences around the office since you work there, so protect yourself. Keep a record of the dates he called you in to scold you. RECORD down the abusive words he used. Record down all the cussing as well.

QUOTE(wlhom @ Aug 9 2017, 10:08 AM)
It seems like your boss is taking advantage of your personality when you dare not to go against the higher up. When you meet with a difficult boss like this, buff up yourself to talk back. If I were in your situation, I would have long shoot KAO KAO your boss and his wife.
Agree. The more you keep silent, thinking its the best way to endure, that's when people take advantage of you.

TS, give them a piece of your mind (but do it professionally) and don't endure things silently. Because you're quiet, they think you can be bullied. Don't ever let anyone do that to you.

QUOTE(I_Thought @ Aug 9 2017, 05:40 PM)
i recommended you to deal with this problem by using a combination of AL+MC+EL. 3 months je, by using a combination of instrument stated above, very fast over one.
This is the only time I agree with this way of doing things biggrin.gif

On the knees? Is this a drama?

You have no pride? Something goes wrong and you're down on your knees to beg for forgiveness? There are MANY people who are an ass because they are one. They own the company so they have no fear because you, the worker, have to make a living and you'll have to tolerate and take it in.

This world is not all unicorn and rainbows. There ARE abusive bosses, just like there are abusive parents. A worker being verbally abused and mistreated is NOT his or her fault. If TS had made a mistake or error, the boss should have dismissed her and ask her to leave. Calling her in to the office everyday and scold her, it a type of verbal abuse. And you're asking her to kneel to her abuser? Something is VERY wrong here.

Why must that always be the case. Perhaps she had done a minor mistake/ error. Or whatever it is, does not warrant someone getting scolded everyday through and through. If you don't see the issue here, then I feel sorry that you could be the type similar to her boss.

why did i say this?
You seemed to be getting the wrong idea. Whatever reason she's leaving, it doesn't matter. Right now she's getting verbally abused everyday and that is a MISCONDUCT of the COMPANY. The boss himself knows it. His wife knows it. Why else do you think she asked TS to leave her phone on the table? Its simple. They know what they're doing is wrong but they didn't care.

demetry
post Aug 15 2017, 12:08 PM

Casual
302 posts

Do your best to talk nice before leaving. If this cannot be done in ANY way, then just cabut.
Pete the great
post Aug 15 2017, 03:35 PM

On my way
519 posts

Kind of strange. After u tender resignation, he would have left you alone.

U are invulnerable, there is nothing further he can do to you. Just live out this last 3 months looking for job.

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0187sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:05 PM