Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

A45 AMG, New User here, please help :D

views

6UE5T
post Aug 8 2017, 07:33 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(SonnyCooL @ Aug 8 2017, 06:40 PM)
Ok .... Seem like me another idiot who do tune up my m3 ....
Hmm I'm not saying that. I'm just saying that to mod such high performance car, better do it the proper way with proven research or results and not cut corners. Even Ferraris/Lambos/Porsches can be modded successfully to improve their performance even more but mostly they will cost the bomb too, some might actually fail too (either ending up slowing the car or making it not as lasting).
jameslow
post Aug 8 2017, 11:44 PM

Getting Started
285 posts

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Aug 8 2017, 06:36 PM)
Yeah have to remember that this is already an AMG car to begin with so surely things are already designed almost to the optimum with regards to performance. Furthermore I think AMG really go pretty all out with this car, they nickname it the Beast after all, so the R&D should be pretty thorough in terms of making it the fastest car of its kind (which it is already!). Modifying it might actually be detrimental, so need to be more careful to make sure you don't do that.

If I own this car, I'd probably leave it alone, maybe just do a remap if it can really be done reliably which I'm not sure also. (I've seen some tuners reportedly able to increase the power to over 400HP on engine but not sure how long will the engine last or if any side effects). If I were to replace the exhaust, I'd do a bolt-on replacement from reputable brands, not just do cheapo workaround mod like cut the pipe to remove the resonator or whatever coz I don't want to ruin the already AMG built exhaust which definitely should be expensive to buy to begin with! In short, if want to do mod for this car, better do the proper and proven way and not cut corners.
You probably think too much already, those stages mod/upgrade are definitely not proven way upgrade by the manufacturer, but it works.... and it's not cheap too.
DigitalMop
post Aug 9 2017, 10:04 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(SonnyCooL @ Aug 8 2017, 05:58 PM)
u means amg is the best already la .....
u mean i mean, go reseach

QUOTE(6UE5T @ Aug 8 2017, 06:36 PM)
Yeah have to remember that this is already an AMG car to begin with so surely things are already designed almost to the optimum with regards to performance. Furthermore I think AMG really go pretty all out with this car, they nickname it the Beast after all, so the R&D should be pretty thorough in terms of making it the fastest car of its kind (which it is already!). Modifying it might actually be detrimental, so need to be more careful to make sure you don't do that.

If I own this car, I'd probably leave it alone, maybe just do a remap if it can really be done reliably which I'm not sure also. (I've seen some tuners reportedly able to increase the power to over 400HP on engine but not sure how long will the engine last or if any side effects). If I were to replace the exhaust, I'd do a bolt-on replacement from reputable brands, not just do cheapo workaround mod like cut the pipe to remove the resonator or whatever coz I don't want to ruin the already AMG built exhaust which definitely should be expensive to buy to begin with! In short, if want to do mod for this car, better do the proper and proven way and not cut corners.
well said, to be honest is best to leave it alone as the engineer made such way in order to balance the power and the life span, heck even F1 car use 1.5 engine, but those engine is pushed to the limit and only able to survive 1 race. for me, i bet the aftermarket header is cheaper and less RnD than the AMG header.
6UE5T
post Aug 9 2017, 12:22 PM

Regular
1,704 posts

QUOTE(jameslow @ Aug 8 2017, 11:44 PM)
You probably think too much already, those stages mod/upgrade are definitely not proven way upgrade by the manufacturer, but it works.... and it's not cheap too.
Well for me I need to see that it's proven to be working first. Of course for normal cars like my Toyota for example, no need to think too much coz the car definitely still has a lot of potential for improvements even with cheapo mods! laugh.gif But for an AMG car, surely it's a lot more optimized than the common cars with regards to performance, hence if you want to do improve it further it won't be as easy or as cheap too. Reputable tuner companies usually should be able to provide proof that their products actually can improve further on what is already a great car to begin with. Not just an AMG, there are for example cases whereby Lancer Evos (which already have a great handling from the factory) were modified with what ever coil overs but the owners don't know how to setup/choose the coil overs properly hence end up the Evo actually corners/handles worse than stock! Or maybe replacing the turbos or exhaust but end up loosing the low-mid range torque, resulting in a slower car for most of the driving conditions.
SonnyCooL
post Aug 9 2017, 12:53 PM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

QUOTE(DigitalMop @ Aug 9 2017, 10:04 AM)
u mean i mean, go reseach
well said, to be honest is best to leave it alone as the engineer made such way in order to balance the power and the life span, heck even F1 car use 1.5 engine, but those engine is pushed to the limit and only able to survive 1 race. for me, i bet the aftermarket header is cheaper and less RnD than the AMG header.
i dunno leh .... can teach me ar ?
DigitalMop
post Aug 9 2017, 01:58 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(SonnyCooL @ Aug 9 2017, 12:53 PM)
i dunno leh .... can teach me ar ?
u duno ur problem la. already tell u research still 1 spoon feed a? doh.gif

This post has been edited by DigitalMop: Aug 9 2017, 01:59 PM
SonnyCooL
post Aug 9 2017, 02:17 PM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

QUOTE(DigitalMop @ Aug 9 2017, 01:58 PM)
u duno ur problem la. already tell u research still 1 spoon feed a?  doh.gif
knowledge not up to u .....
cause funny part, i don't see AMG (official winning all RACE), base on ur statement, no ONE ABLE to BEAR AMG as they STRONG RnD n bla bla bla ...... wondering what brabus is doing now also carlsson super charger kit ....

DigitalMop
post Aug 9 2017, 02:38 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

QUOTE(SonnyCooL @ Aug 9 2017, 02:17 PM)
knowledge not up to u .....
cause funny part, i don't see AMG (official winning all RACE), base on ur statement, no ONE ABLE to BEAR AMG as they STRONG RnD n bla bla bla ...... wondering what brabus is doing now also carlsson super charger kit ....
ok la, my knowledge is limited when come to high end performance parts, in your own opinion, how does supercircuit exhaust compare to amg exhaust? for what i know even pagani using amg engine. for what i know is those aftermarket parts are not proven n claim is better than well known tuner that sign contract with car manufacturer. the car is good at it is in terms of reliability and power. changing exhaust system is not easy as juz swapping parts, u need tuning as well as changing the intake as well to make every single component in the car in sync.

ive seen people simply mod here mod there end up engine overhaul.
SonnyCooL
post Aug 9 2017, 02:54 PM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

QUOTE(DigitalMop @ Aug 9 2017, 02:38 PM)
ok la, my knowledge is limited when come to high end performance parts, in your own opinion, how does supercircuit exhaust compare to amg exhaust? for what i know even pagani using amg engine. for what i know is those aftermarket parts are not proven n claim is better than well known tuner that sign contract with car manufacturer. the car is good at it is in terms of reliability and power. changing exhaust system is not easy as juz swapping parts, u need tuning as well as changing the intake as well to make every single component in the car in sync.

ive seen people simply mod here mod there end up engine overhaul.
Do u know amg, AC (BMW), hiop, hartge, Japan GT race car extractors is made in MALAYSIA ?
Don't look down malaysia brand, some is seriously good ...

kaka_89
post Nov 29 2017, 01:10 AM

Casual
470 posts

QUOTE(A45AMG2500 @ Aug 7 2017, 04:16 PM)
Did any of you here have your resonator & muffler delete on your A45 AMG?
So what have u done bro..?

Can share ur mod ? maybe can poison me enough to mod mine.. brows.gif

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0201sec    0.32    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:29 PM