Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Guide to Giving Birth in Klang Valley, Average Private Hospital

views

wondernoob
post Oct 12 2020, 07:42 AM

29 posts

QUOTE(weniebell @ Oct 9 2020, 09:49 AM)
Sharing my recent delivery experience in Thomson Medical Clinic. Went for normal delivery with package 3d2n 4188 if tak silap. Ended up with Emergency csec(baby's head moved up, not in delivery canal after water broke), 1n admission total charges is RM15k including baby's nursery charges
Wow... Am going Thomson Kota Damansara for delivery in Dec (if everything goes well)

Who's the doctor that delivered? This is emergency c-sec cost on top of normal delivery charge right?
weniebell P
post Oct 12 2020, 08:54 AM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(wondernoob @ Oct 12 2020, 07:42 AM)
Wow... Am going Thomson Kota Damansara for delivery in Dec (if everything goes well)

Who's the doctor that delivered? This is emergency c-sec cost on top of normal delivery charge right?
Dr Navdeep, he tried for normal until the very end, even in OT. Overall charge was 15k, including the 5k paid as deposit for normal.
wondernoob
post Jan 6 2021, 03:37 PM

29 posts

QUOTE(weniebell @ Oct 12 2020, 08:54 AM)
Dr Navdeep, he tried for normal until the very end, even in OT. Overall charge was 15k, including the 5k paid as deposit for normal.
My wife delivered under Dr Wai at Thomson less than 3 weeks ago. Overall charges including newborn fees at 6.8k. No epidural tho - precipitated delivery and cervix dilated too quickly to even consider.

We were very happy with the services provided by the nursing staff during her delivery and admission there. When baby was admitted a few days later for jaundice, the nurses at special care nursery were also very nice and accommodating with our questions.

Are you still visiting paed in Thomson? I wanted to ask about the vaccination charges in case we wanted to check out other alternatives.
weniebell P
post Jan 8 2021, 10:11 AM

Probation
20 posts

QUOTE(wondernoob @ Jan 6 2021, 03:37 PM)
My wife delivered under Dr Wai at Thomson less than 3 weeks ago. Overall charges including newborn fees at 6.8k. No epidural tho - precipitated delivery and cervix dilated too quickly to even consider.

We were very happy with the services provided by the nursing staff during her delivery and admission there. When baby was admitted a few days later for jaundice, the nurses at special care nursery were also very nice and accommodating with our questions.

Are you still visiting paed in Thomson? I wanted to ask about the vaccination charges in case we wanted to check out other alternatives.
Stayed with Thomson for my son's vaccination till he was a month old. I had Dr Priya as his paed, wonderful paed and calmly answered all my first child jitters. Charges wise I guess the most expensive was the Pneumoccocal vaccine, but a relative told me the Dr's charges were pretty standard with PJ standard around RM100-150. Currently my son is in Kedah, his paed charges RM30 for consultations. brows.gif
PeinEVO
post Jan 26 2021, 04:47 PM

Casual
467 posts

guys im not in klang valley but just wondering do hospital still allows husbnd to be in the delivery or ot room?

im still deciding which path to go for either private or gov and one of the main factor is this.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0114sec    0.58    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:14 PM