Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

The catch with Renault Captur (CKD)?

views

TScontestchris
post Aug 6 2017, 05:02 PM, updated 7y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,337 posts

In April they launch the CKD of Renault Captur at RM98,000 special price for first 100 cars sold. To me, the car looks nice. I actually love the interior, exterior and the colors (especially blue + white). Not sure about performance, never drove it but maybe test drive soon. So yeah, I am interested in it, but Renault still has not sold 100 Capturs in 4 months. This makes me wonder, what am I "missing"?

These SUV crossovers are all the rage in Malaysia right now, and RM98,000 is a decent price. So why not even 100 such cars sold in the market in the 4 month period?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me, I don't want to make the mistake of buying the wrong car.

This post has been edited by contestchris: Aug 6 2017, 05:17 PM
acbc
post Aug 6 2017, 05:06 PM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

The name already soiled. Despite using Nissan tech and drivetrain, people already afraid of the brand.
matrix88
post Aug 6 2017, 05:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,099 posts

low resale value has kept people away from this brand
arza04
post Aug 6 2017, 07:28 PM

Getting Started
294 posts

My cousin bought one since her murano is aging. So far okay je, too early to judge
kapalterbang_737
post Aug 6 2017, 07:32 PM

Enthusiast
859 posts

My colleague bought 1 last year, white color. Never heard any complaint from her. She bought it because she purely likes how the car looks (makcik2 type) so i dont think she really knows much about cars and resale value

I think because of the brand itself, it did not get to sell..
matrix88
post Aug 6 2017, 09:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,099 posts

the car is quite ok, only issue is resale value and spare parts.

as you know, malaysian are very cautious on resale value
SUSTheHitman47
post Aug 6 2017, 10:00 PM

Nuke
1,053 posts

i think u mean craze
SUSTheHitman47
post Aug 6 2017, 10:03 PM

Nuke
1,053 posts

QUOTE(kapalterbang_737 @ Aug 6 2017, 07:32 PM)
My colleague bought 1 last year, white color. Never heard any complaint from her. She bought it because she purely likes how the car looks (makcik2 type) so i dont think she really knows much about cars and resale value

I think because of the brand itself, it did not get to sell..
that could also be the reason why u never heard any complaint from her since shes the "makcik2" type, didnt know much about car and probably didnt even care about any problem as long as the car can move.
FlamingFox
post Aug 6 2017, 11:47 PM

o(@_@)o
1,335 posts

Looks decent but people's perception of Renault is French car which comes with high maintanence and low resale value.

user posted image

Mentality has yet to change and I'm betting people would buy a Korean SUV over this.
71ers
post Aug 7 2017, 02:04 PM

Casual
467 posts

I wanted to buy this car when it first came into the market but ended up with a ASX. Like most people, i am afraid of the unknown parts of services and spare parts. But two years later, this car is still not moving fast at all.
Volkswagen2
post Aug 7 2017, 02:36 PM

Casual
439 posts

QUOTE(contestchris @ Aug 6 2017, 05:02 PM)
In April they launch the CKD of Renault Captur at RM98,000 special price for first 100 cars sold. To me, the car looks nice. I actually love the interior, exterior and the colors (especially blue + white). Not sure about performance, never drove it but maybe test drive soon. So yeah, I am interested in it, but Renault still has not sold 100 Capturs in 4 months. This makes me wonder, what am I "missing"?

These SUV crossovers are all the rage in Malaysia right now, and RM98,000 is a decent price. So why not even 100 such cars sold in the market in the 4 month period?

Hopefully someone can enlighten me, I don't want to make the mistake of buying the wrong car.
Apart from brand perception and resale value that others have pointed out, what I think is the performance and value at the asking price when compared to other competitors close to its price range is another reason why the Renault Captur is not selling well. If you compare the Captur with the equivalent cars such as Honda HRV or Mitsubishi ASX for example, the Captur is lacking. I am not sure about the RM98k price but during launching the selling price was above RM110k, close to RM120k if I am not mistaken. Perhaps they have reduced the price throughout the months after the poor response on the car.

At a price range of RM110k to 120k the Japanese equivalents offer more not only in terms of performance but also space ie. CX5 and Mitsubishi. The only good thing going for the Renault is the looks and design which are fresher than the Japanese but most people especially Malaysians usually look at other things such as resale value and real value(with around the same money you can get a larger Japanese vehicle).
acbc
post Aug 20 2017, 12:05 AM

Look at all my stars!!
8,476 posts

QUOTE(khanninah @ Aug 19 2017, 10:59 PM)
captur is not using nissan tech nor drivetrain
Captur is based on the Juke. Newer Renault models now using Nissan drivetrain.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:48 PM