Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Questions for Atheists., Ask and answer anything.

Spear2
post Dec 12 2017, 08:21 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Dec 12 2017, 05:33 PM)
Maybe the complexity of my English language makes it hard for you to grasp what I was trying to put across =P.

Let me be clear, I don't think I have once declared that i felt "morally and great" that S&G was destroyed, it was a mere expression that the destruction of S&G is justifiable based on what S&G has done and despite having the opportunity to stop what God loathe at, S&G seemingly said "I'll pass".

I reiterate, the standard of "morality" that you have in you is set by humans or yourself so surely if such standard is inferior then you too will adopt an inferior moral standard. See the aforementioned example of "opposition" & "ruling government". You cannot gauge a salary man's standard of life with that of a tycoon because if you do, the salary man would be a poor broke a$$ man.

The best way to see the entire picture is to judge the entire thing using God's "moral standards" and like I said, UNLESS we can ascertained what moral standard that is, best we stay an observer.

You should really read into my replies. There is nothing inconsistent. See the hypothetical example I gave about the love of a father towards a son where the father is willing to turn his son in for a crime he committed rather than continuing watching his son decay internally day by day.

Come to think of it, it isn't really an hypothetical situation right? It does happened =O

When did God created Adam o_O! errr..... this is off topic but it can be loosely derived that Adam was created on the 6th day after Eden was created?
Justifiable for a twisted morality. In fact you don't know what that is, another piece of inconsistency in your argument. Hence no matter what God did, He is what you wanted Him to be. A childish argument don't you think?
Hoka Nobasho
post Dec 12 2017, 08:53 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Dec 10 2017, 02:51 PM)
I have noticed that in your replies you have talked a lot about "human standards of morality" and "God's standards of morality". If I read your points correctly, you claim that because we cannot determine what "God's standards" are, we have no business to question that "God's standards".

In which I have several questions to respond to this, and they begin with the bolded sentence below:

If "God's moral standards" are not known nor well-defined for us humans to understand...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Let's use an example. Let's say I have received RM 3000.00 ringgit as a salary from my boss (as I have claimed to be so), and I have my bank statements and other documents to prove it. As a result, this is something that is known.

You, on the other hand, claimed that you have received RM 50,000.00 ringgit as a salary from your boss (as you have claimed to be so), but you have nothing to prove it, nor is there any specific guidelines on how to determine that it is indeed true that you have received it. This is something that is not known.

If you cannot provide any proof, evidence, or guidelines or any details as to how you have received that RM 50,000.00 ringgit as your salary, why should you expect us to just "stay as an observer" and let you claim that your bank account has received that RM 50,000.00 is, therefore "acceptable" and we should just "stay back as an observer" (as opposed to calling you out for nonsense)? Whereas, I, who have provided proof of my salary, which is known information, should be seen as something that is "inferior" and cannot be used on to judge your unknown knowledge of your claim?

In short, unknown information is not "better" than known information, because for it to qualify as a "better", the details of the information must first be known. Not by sitting back and "stay as an observer".

And until you can define what are "God's moral standards" are, then it is not known, and if it is not known, then it is not wrong to use something that we have known to judge God's actions. If you still think that it is "inferior", then you must prove it with a comparative analysis of how it is wrong. Compare it side by side with both standards, and let us see for ourselves.

This post has been edited by Hoka Nobasho: Dec 12 2017, 09:25 PM
puchongite
post Dec 12 2017, 09:13 PM

10k Club
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(shaniandras2787 @ Dec 12 2017, 05:33 PM)
You need to understand the distinction here. The destruction of S&G may not be morally right (that I can agree as much) but the destruction of S&G by God is justifiable. That is what the Bible is trying to point out or least what I interpreted it when I read.

Let me make an example of an immoral yet justifiable killing. A patient who has been in coma for years and has been in life support, parents decided they had enough and decided to pull the plug (literally, lol). This is killing and by definition, killing is immoral (no matter who they are). In this case, the parents are murderers but somehow, the law makes this justifiable. So, why?

Let's talk "mercy killing". The act of "mercy killing" is not derived from any divine source but is accepted as morally right, is it? Even so, there are 2 groups of people who has contrasting view.

So why when people murder another based on the law that they created, it is acceptable but when God does it because He has every right to do so then He gets criticized :T___T:
This is obviously a spin.

Your God is almighty, immoral and yet justifiable killing should never be applicable to him because he has no constraints in his capability. In the S&G case for example, the morally correct solution for God is to save, rescue, educate and so on. God should not have any constraint in this. However, you are portraying your God has a physical limit in all other means, as such killing becomes the only means to solve the problem. How convenient !

In another case. When the God has his prophet being jeered at. It is never a life threatening case. But for discussion sake, even if there is a life threatening situation, the God's morally correct solution to the problem is to defend his prophet. Never killing can be justifiable because there are plenty of other more morally correct solutions.

If we look at the consistently violent and highly irritable tone of the stories in the old testament, we know all the explanations put forward to defend God's morality are obviously spinning, spinning and dishonest spinning.

This post has been edited by puchongite: Dec 12 2017, 09:21 PM
iGamer
post Dec 12 2017, 10:54 PM

Space traveler

Equating pulling the plug on a coma patient to God massacring whole city doh.gif
A patient in coma already lost their ability to survive on their own, they were kept alive thru miracle of science and medical advancement, but it comes a time when it is no longer probable the patient can recover. Pulling the plug is at most a failed attempt at saving the patient.
Massacring a whole city is just plain killing, for a supposedly almighty God who chose to kill instead of work his magic, all I can see is either the God is not really almighty, or he has very poor EQ and morality. Either way, this entity does not fit to be worshiped. There's nothing godly about this entity except people chose to call him God, we might as well call it Devil, demon or whatever as the essence is not in the name.
puchongite
post Today, 02:55 PM

10k Club

Atheists are immoral -- debunked

46 Pages « < 44 45 46Top
Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0556sec    3.97    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 14th December 2017 - 11:06 PM