Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Transfer hosting [website], Problem with previous dev

views

TSNotYourKuda
post Aug 3 2017, 04:22 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
130 posts

So my boss had issues with previous dev. The dev disappeared after the full payment was made. Now, I want to transfer the website my hosting, what I have is only the dev cpanel access. I can transfer the website through ftp but how to reconfigure the domain DNS since it is registered under the dev email. Is there any loophole here?

This post has been edited by NotYourKuda: Aug 3 2017, 04:22 PM
dewill
post Aug 3 2017, 04:33 PM

Regular
1,716 posts

contact the hosting company and see what can be done.

island
post Aug 3 2017, 04:59 PM

Regular
1,731 posts

The problem is, do you accessed to the email address registered on the domain name owner. Check www.who.is for the domain name registration. Something wrong, u got deep trouble
TSNotYourKuda
post Aug 3 2017, 05:16 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(island @ Aug 3 2017, 04:59 PM)
The problem is, do you accessed to the email address registered on the domain name owner. Check www.who.is for the domain name registration. Something wrong, u got deep trouble
The domain registered under 'Najmi' which I personally known this guy, I contacted him, he himself has no idea about it. He said the dev registered under his name without telling him anything. So the domain registered under 'Najmi' but the email is under the dev.
island
post Aug 3 2017, 09:12 PM

Regular
1,731 posts

QUOTE(NotYourKuda @ Aug 3 2017, 05:16 PM)
The domain registered under 'Najmi' which I personally known this guy, I contacted him, he himself has no idea about it. He said the dev registered under his name without telling him anything. So the domain registered under 'Najmi' but the email is under the dev.
You need access the email account received the permission code for transfer domain name. Deep trouble
iammyself
post Aug 4 2017, 03:55 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(NotYourKuda @ Aug 3 2017, 05:16 PM)
This is a very strange setup. Anyway, would you PM me the domain name? I know you have probably looked at every possible way, but maybe there's something there...
gamestotal
post Aug 4 2017, 05:10 PM

Enthusiast
724 posts

The domain is tied to the email for security reasons. So if the dev registered it under his personal or company email, there is nothing much u can do other than to register a new one (cost only 10-20 USD).

It is a normal practice to register the domain under the company it is serving. Most dev will not register under their name, ex: if you do something illegal then he will kena.
TSNotYourKuda
post Aug 5 2017, 09:23 PM

Getting Started
130 posts

QUOTE(iammyself @ Aug 4 2017, 03:55 PM)
This is a very strange setup. Anyway, would you PM me the domain name? I know you have probably looked at every possible way, but maybe there's something there...
The domain is www.quemaria.com. I've looked it up through whois.
iammyself
post Aug 5 2017, 09:30 PM

Getting Started
238 posts

QUOTE(NotYourKuda @ Aug 5 2017, 09:23 PM)
The domain is www.quemaria.com. I've looked it up through whois.
Whois record shows the registrant's email is najmi*******@gmail.com
Did the dev create a dummy email address with this Najmi's name?
If yes, that's really messed up man.

Lapor polis, can?
blackout2
post Aug 17 2017, 02:04 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

you have to contact the dev to transfer the domain to you or wait for the domain to expire and buy it when it does. but you to take this as a lesson and register your own domains after this

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0139sec    0.62    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:10 AM