Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unifi Unifi Lite 10Mbps Brotherhood -- v3.0 --, Incoming RM99 package!? (Put On Hold)

views

joeblow
post Jan 2 2019, 03:24 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(wywy2020 @ Dec 28 2018, 09:18 PM)
I also kena. Is under rooftop over ceiling chargeable? Just a short distance but they charge like nobody.
hmm, today I just got scammed by TM contractor over installation charges too.

I am staying in condo, the first installer came and said foc but couldn't do it because the fibre too brittle to last to my room.

Second contractor came today and demanded 350 ringgit for ceiling installation from riser to my door. Because the standard installation is via "pitt" underground which I cannot find the pitt in my house. Totally rubbish. The distance from the riser to my door is less than 5m and our management agreed to help patch back the hole they cut.

Now I have requested them to f off and cancel the order, now in the process of making a complain. Once my contract is up, I will switch to 30M at 89 only.

Fed up with these jokers.

joeblow
post Jan 2 2019, 04:42 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 2 2019, 04:29 PM)
If cancel order when the contractor step in to your house, is it will charge again penalty charge (because you cancel order)?

I heard someone say might impose penalty charge because TM think you are FFK person (even through the installation cost is very expensive).

Pls share and let us know about it.. We also feel non-sense and ridiculous for crazy charge installation cost..
Should post the contractor name in here so that we are aware whose contractor is so fishy..
As I was very angry about the situation I never ask about the costs. Basically I just lodged a complain over their live chat portal and will do so in an email if I never hear anything from them by Friday.

I will definitely challenge the so call costs, since the first installer claimed it is foc. This cancellation should be free.

BTW I just clarified, it is actually first 50 meters free from the tm point in your wall to your btu. So you can imagine the scam the tm outsourcing folks have with the contractors, their agreement for non-standard installation.

As long as non-standard, 150 min.

joeblow
post Jan 2 2019, 11:59 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 2 2019, 05:13 PM)
But in-terms there are still available for Unifi port if you keep playing around cancel and apply (Until you meet the satisfaction level of FOC installation cost)..

Else, TM will give you a damn face if high demand of unifi at your residential area. puke.gif
The point is the queue at tmpoint too long, no such time to burn. If this doesn't get resolved, so be it. I will stick to 139 for 30M until my contract expires end of year.

QUOTE(WaCKy-Angel @ Jan 2 2019, 11:04 PM)
what does "because the fibre too brittle to last to my room." means?
Fibre easy to break. So they recommend the termination is at entrance instead of my room.
joeblow
post Jan 7 2019, 04:04 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(JuneResources @ Jan 7 2019, 10:55 AM)
LOL.. What's the funny... You think I don't ask? laugh.gif
You never specific about the "special installation about the drill" in your statement at your first place.
The fineprint you say about "special installations" is very general...

Just throw the message cost up to RM350... If you tell me normal drill (Not underground drill) which cost you up to RM350, that is ridiculous thing..

Some of the contractor just simply quote by see only without measure anything...
You ask the contractor, then they just bluffing you talk to you your house with your poles a bit far.. So this will charge for it.

You want do or not? Don't want, then contractor can leave.. That's all.. whistling.gif
Yes you are right. And as mentioned by some bros here, some will do it for free some will want you to pay. TM is basically allowing the contractors to do whatever they like, I wonder if some of them get kickbacks.

For me, I give up playing games with TM. You need tons of patience for it, eg they just closed my ticket without notifying me after making me wait for 5 days. The ticket claimed they tried to contact me... BS, there's no miss call at all. Just close ticket asking me to do another appointment.

You can't win I tell you, unless you got time to go TM point to queue up and kick up a big fuss. Hope TIME comes to my condo quick, 99 ringgit for 100Mbps.... much better deal than TM.
joeblow
post Jan 7 2019, 06:56 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(powerwoot @ Jan 7 2019, 06:45 PM)
After made noises for years, this evening I am officially a unifi lite 10mbps user free upgraded from 8mbps streamyx. The bad is I am no where to ask them to reduce the price, still at RM160 but they give me free ultimate package for life. I don't know if I need that. Oh well.
This is a rip off... you better make more noise. RM160 with only 10mbps abeit with Ultimate package still too much.
joeblow
post Apr 23 2019, 04:53 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(kino318 @ Apr 23 2019, 04:38 PM)
How abt those still under contract? any tips for them to convert from rm79 30mbps 60G to Rm89 30mbps unlimited?
I tried but failed. Basically I complained via live agent until KL and JB agents called me, claimed no such plan etc. Go to TMpoint, only 139 plan available. I gave up and apply for new fiber 129 plan.

Nowadays with the govt off their back, they really getting aggressive for you to stick to your contract.
joeblow
post Apr 28 2019, 07:18 PM

Regular
1,034 posts

QUOTE(#Victor @ Apr 28 2019, 06:29 PM)
went to TMPoint yesterday, CS checked for speed supported on premise using VDSL2, was told maximum 30Mbps according to their system. asked when will Turbo arrive for the account as it was told to wait since last year, and was told no turbo will be given for the account since infrastructure limitation, not even to the maximum speed available. asked the CS whether can get the maximum speed available for the address while remain same price (currently RM99 @ 10Mbps) but got rejected and even suggested to go for Maxis 30Mbps @ RM89 🤦‍♂️
if the contract already ended would have terminate on the spot 😤
Wow TM now so arrogant huh? Even suggest you go use Maxis... Crazy. I noticed a change in attitude when I went in Dec 2018 last year vs last week, after Gobind let TM off the hook. You should have requested them to waive the contract so that you can go Maxis.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.1275sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:21 PM