Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Announcement

New user registrations disabled until further notice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Unifi Lite 10Mbps Brotherhood -- v3.0 --, Incoming RM99 package!? (Put On Hold) (Unifi)

YoungMan
post Dec 6 2018, 09:04 PM

Regular
******
Group: Senior Member
Posts: 1,900

Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kuala Lumpur



QUOTE(vanitas @ Dec 6 2018, 09:45 PM)
I did inform the 100 call person to maintain the same phone number, but he insisted not guaranteed can do so.

You inform 100, tmpoint or technician who came which makes it possible? (I assume is tmpoint since you mentioned it)

*Btw, thanks for sharing experience.
*
I went personally to TMPoint for the upgrade, so I inform the staff at the counter. It is not a free upgrade though as I was switching from old legacy plan of Streamyx.
vanitas
post Dec 6 2018, 09:15 PM

Casual
***
Group: Junior Member
Posts: 343

Joined: Mar 2012
QUOTE(ajib2020 @ Dec 6 2018, 06:55 PM)
For my experiance... Totally NEED NEW PHONE NUMBER .
and yes right tm just cannot gurranty maintaint same number.. Wish u luck
*
You apply upgrade from where? Report from YoungMan at tmpoint, it is possible to retain old number.

QUOTE(YoungMan @ Dec 6 2018, 09:04 PM)
I went personally to TMPoint for the upgrade, so I inform the staff at the counter. It is not a free upgrade though as I was switching from old legacy plan of Streamyx.
*
Mine is free upgrade according to TM, but there is additional charges. Yours is it like this too? I just filed a complain to skmm for false advertising by TM anyway, don't hope to get reply, but it is indeed misleading.
JuneResources
post Dec 7 2018, 10:30 AM

ONE Stop Solutions Resources
*******
Group: Senior Member
Posts: 2,569

Joined: Mar 2012
From: Kuala Lumpur



QUOTE(vanitas @ Dec 6 2018, 03:57 PM)
Does anyone know free upgrade from streamyx to unifi 10mbps can maintain the old phone number?

Unifi live chat said 100% can.

While tm 100 call said 60% chance can, 40% chance cannot, and in case cannot must take addtional new phone number for that. If wish to continue using old number, need rental fee RM 25 per month. The main problem with that, is he said from 100 call, must order installation service first, before checking can reuse old number or not. Else must go tmpoint to check.

Who to believe?
*
QUOTE(ajib2020 @ Dec 6 2018, 06:55 PM)
For my experiance... Totally NEED NEW PHONE NUMBER .
and yes right tm just cannot gurranty maintaint same number.. Wish u luck
*
For mine experience, my one is existing old phone number.
But in TM, all are "case by case basic"..


QUOTE(ajib2020 @ Dec 6 2018, 07:01 PM)
HE = hyyptv Everywhere
3M kod for just playtv only no set up box
*
Oh.. Finally understand their shortcode form.. icon_idea.gif
sevenegg
post Dec 7 2018, 10:40 AM

Getting Started
**
Group: Junior Member
Posts: 83

Joined: Jan 2013


QUOTE(afiq10 @ Nov 15 2018, 05:45 PM)
Streamyx 4Mbps --> Streamyx 8Mbps Thank You Suprise Compaign

--> Unifi Lite 10Mbps -->

Unifi 100Mbps Turbo Upgrade + Free STD 20 i think it comes with basic channel(never used before)
*
hi bro, my scenario is almost exactly the same like you, my home line just being upgraded to unifi lite 10mbps last week.

anything u do to upgrade from unifi lite 10mbps to 100mbps? just wait for turbo boost?

This post has been edited by sevenegg: Dec 7 2018, 11:00 AM
YoungMan
post Dec 7 2018, 11:41 AM

Regular
******
Group: Senior Member
Posts: 1,900

Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kuala Lumpur



QUOTE(vanitas @ Dec 6 2018, 10:15 PM)
You apply upgrade from where? Report from YoungMan at tmpoint, it is possible to retain old number.
Mine is free upgrade according to TM, but there is additional charges. Yours is it like this too? I just filed a complain to skmm for false advertising by TM anyway, don't hope to get reply, but it is indeed misleading.
*
No. I quickly apply for upgrade when I saw UniFi already available at my area, and there is already one @unifi SSID popup in my Wifi list. Hence it is not free upgrade. Maybe I could have gotten upgrade for free if I wait a few more months, but there is a possibility no port because just after I apply a few more neighbours have their unifi installed as well.

This post has been edited by YoungMan: Dec 7 2018, 11:42 AM
ajib2020
post Dec 7 2018, 09:18 PM

New Member
*
Group: Junior Member
Posts: 15

Joined: Feb 2008
QUOTE(vanitas @ Dec 6 2018, 09:15 PM)
You apply upgrade from where? Report from YoungMan at tmpoint, it is possible to retain old number.
Mine is free upgrade according to TM, but there is additional charges. Yours is it like this too? I just filed a complain to skmm for false advertising by TM anyway, don't hope to get reply, but it is indeed misleading.
*
Mine upgrade from direct phone call by TM HQ itself
ajib2020
post Dec 7 2018, 09:22 PM

New Member
*
Group: Junior Member
Posts: 15

Joined: Feb 2008
QUOTE(sevenegg @ Dec 7 2018, 10:40 AM)
hi bro, my scenario is almost exactly the same like you, my home line just being upgraded to unifi lite 10mbps last week.

anything u do to upgrade from unifi lite 10mbps to 100mbps? just wait for turbo boost?
*
Monthly?
sevenegg
post Dec 8 2018, 08:41 AM

Getting Started
**
Group: Junior Member
Posts: 83

Joined: Jan 2013


QUOTE(ajib2020 @ Dec 7 2018, 09:22 PM)
Monthly?
*
u mean monthly charge? mine is rm88 per month. just want to know what you do to get the 100mbps speed from unifi lite 10mbps. cool2.gif

This post has been edited by sevenegg: Dec 8 2018, 08:42 AM
skylinelover
post Dec 8 2018, 01:06 PM

Future Crypto Player😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎
*******
Group: Senior Member
Posts: 5,188

Joined: Jul 2005
QUOTE(JuneResources @ Dec 7 2018, 10:30 AM)
Oh.. Finally understand their shortcode form.. icon_idea.gif
*
Cool laugh.gif
labtec
post Dec 8 2018, 11:27 PM

Regular
******
Group: Senior Member
Posts: 1,158

Joined: Jan 2003
i just told i can upgrade my streamyx to 10Mbps unifi, but tm won't give me new modem.

may i know can my Dlink DSL-2750E fully utilized 5Mbps upload speed? I saw its spec mentioned 1 Mbps upstream only, else what modem i should buy?

- High-Speed internet
Latest ADSL2/2+ standards provide Internet transmission of up to 24 Mbps downstream,
1 Mbps upstream

This post has been edited by labtec: Dec 8 2018, 11:31 PM
YoungMan
post Yesterday, 10:13 AM

Regular
******
Group: Senior Member
Posts: 1,900

Joined: Oct 2008
From: Kuala Lumpur



QUOTE(labtec @ Dec 9 2018, 12:27 AM)
i just told i can upgrade my streamyx to 10Mbps unifi, but tm won't give me new modem.

may i know can my Dlink DSL-2750E fully utilized 5Mbps upload speed? I saw its spec mentioned 1 Mbps upstream only, else what modem i should buy?

- High-Speed internet
  Latest ADSL2/2+ standards provide Internet transmission of up to 24 Mbps downstream,
  1 Mbps upstream
*
10mbps unifi will be using fibre or VDSL, so they will provide you new modem during installation.
labtec
post Yesterday, 05:42 PM

Regular
******
Group: Senior Member
Posts: 1,158

Joined: Jan 2003
QUOTE(YoungMan @ Dec 9 2018, 10:13 AM)
10mbps unifi will be using fibre or VDSL, so they will provide you new modem during installation.
*
Oh, thanks. Strange that tmnet told me no new modem will be provided for upgrade from streamyx to 10mbps unifi

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
 

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0726sec    1.61    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 10th December 2018 - 05:36 AM