Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Emerald Hills Alam Damai Cheras, Garden Terraces & Lakefront Condos

views

Harry_Bobinski
post Feb 21 2019, 09:12 AM

King of Truth
960 posts

QUOTE(Bjorn1688 @ Feb 16 2019, 01:28 AM)
There will always be investors buying into every project, sometimes these investors are also the ones that would stay there for a while before flipping it after a few years.

Most gateless areas are relatively safe for as long as the JMB has a good security company in place and the perimeter fencing is sufficient. Definitely safer than many of those places where the residents themselves decided to barricade and make it into a gated area.
Most angmohs that live in landed homes have their backyard fenced up as their private open space. Depending on the country. Some places they do have "fences" but it is usually a row of hedges or shrubs as they say good fences make good neighbours smile.gif Some do have fences where it borders their neighbour but not where it borders the road. Many of them do however have an enclosed garage which is also there for climatic considerations. My missus is always surprised why homes here have such high fences and gates, in addition there are also grilles everywhere.

Recently went to see the neighbouring unit of a service residence I own. It is on the 38th floor and has full glass panel walls for the living room and 2 of the bedrooms. The glass is around 2" thick and it is more difficult to break than your average RC wall, well it turns out that unit has a floor to ceiling stainless steel grille. 5 tier security system and these people have such grilles. Its a nice design grille but still a grille. Little wonder no one wanted to rent it when they moved out of it and now selling it.

Last year my missus decided to demolish all our brick wall fences around our corner single storey terrace house. Our house is the only one that does not have an extension at the rear of the house. She opted to replace it with a flower bed and anti-climb fence. Our neighbour made noise claiming robbers could now get into his house as my fence wasn't high enough. They had their contractor add 2ft to the existing brickwall fence and on the top of it they placed a row of 2ftx2ft steel panel and on the top of the house at the perimeter of their roof they placed barbed wires. I did not care, I viewed it as a blessing in disguise as I have a free shade from the hot evening sun and an even taller wall to hang plants on and even better an end to their pesky cat always sitting on top of my cars.

1 week after they had completed that, their persian cat came into my place to roam about and when I opened my door my Rottweiler charged at it, usually it could jump but their time it jumped and couldn't get across the high fence.

1 month later, 2 burglars jumped their gates and waited for them. Snatched his wife's handbag and jumped the neighbour fence and escaped that way. They blamed that neighbour for not locking their gate, they are the types that never closes the gate except when they go to sleep. They extended the height of the fence.

3 months after that, they got robbed by someone that parked a car outside their gate. They did not see the car there as they used those paneled up gate, 4 robbers rushed in, smashed their car window and grabbed the wife out of the broken window. Forced them to open the house and ransacked the entire house.

A month after that incident, again their house got it. While closing the gate 3 robbers rushed in and waited for their gate to close, they waited for their maid to get down with the baby and seized the baby. Took all their valuables and their Hilux and used the Hilux to ram their RM20k gate and smashed into their opposite neighbour's car at the same time.

Meanwhile no other house at the street ever had such an incidents in such a short time. Myself? My autogate is made from the same anti-climb fence panels. Not that strong either as it's primary purpose is to make sure my 4 dogs don't go out. Want to jump in? Come on in, my 4 outdoor dogs would be waiting and if you make it indoors I have 2 in there too. .
I loled eventhough I should feel bad for them. That is definitely a bad year for them.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0533sec    0.35    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:47 PM