88 Pages « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Emerald Hills Alam Damai Cheras, Garden Terraces & Lakefront Condos

views

yothim
post Feb 12 2019, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 12 2019, 12:12 PM)
all I can say is your thinking is very dated.

1. if you want yr house to be just like normal housing estates, sooner or later it will become what you now called unmaintained houses, a sign of bad location.

2. more road access also mean more traffic in and out of the place.

3. if you see western countries, most if not all houses are without gates....and people there still keep pets. its all about how you train your pets and not let your pets to train you.

tell me one thing, if your neighbour home is without gate, will you day day go there and peep at what your neighbour doing inside the house?????

4. when you bought a house, make sure the built up and layout are suitable for you now and near future. you don't buy a house that is much smaller than what you expectation and do reno kau kau. this is pretty old and dated thinking. always wanted the biggest and extraordinary home in the street.....bragging rite perhaps?

the corner unit is meant for you to create a nice outdoor space. Not every sen you paid for indoor need to be your indoor space.
i think i am more of the conservative type.

1- i meant is those shop/houses before going into EH
2- at least it should have alternative access, imagine the road is maintained or blocked, more roads means more traffic is not a bad thing.
3- lol, westerner, they dont gate cos they choose not to and their backyards are gated la, fyi, the landed in EH does not and fyi not all pets in western are trained. not sure if you have ever went to view the house or not in EH, both front and back cant be gated...so tell me, you dare to rear a dog just like that? seriously? probably the dog not the issue but more on the people. the question that you asked.......the sales guy told us, and we laughed. we wont know who we are staying with, there will be people peeping.......we wont know, assuming 100% of the buyers there are 100% 'normal' but then, even normal people are curious. no offence.
4- built and layout might be suitable but doesnt mean it suits our taste but to be honest, how many does not renovate? lol

BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 12 2019, 01:45 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

I don't renovate my landed properties. Never. Even my bungalow. it defeat the purpose of buying a house and do extension and reno.

human greed never end. buy 2000sq home, want to extend to 2500sq.

buy a 2500sq home, want to extend to 3000sq

buy a 3000sq home, want to extend to 3500sq.

there are 'indoor' pets or dogs. and you just need to walk them once a day outside the house.

for corner unit, you can plant natural barrier with a small non permament gate. I doubt that JMB will stop you.

am not sure if you want a guard dog or pet dog...….

normal people curious about what? how you make baby? how you cook meth inside your house?

I stay at gateless home for 7 yrs. NOT ONCE someone knock on my door before pressing the bell at refuse chamber/mail box pillar.

lets put it tis way, if people have no bad intention, they will do the right thing by announcing their arrival.

if people have bad intention, it doesn't matter if you have gate grilles or wat not.
yothim
post Feb 12 2019, 02:34 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 12 2019, 01:45 PM)
I don't renovate my landed properties. Never. Even my bungalow. it defeat the purpose of buying a house and do extension and reno.

human greed never end. buy 2000sq home, want to extend to 2500sq.

buy a 2500sq home, want to extend to 3000sq

buy a 3000sq home, want to extend to 3500sq.

there are 'indoor' pets or dogs. and you just need to walk them once a day outside the house.

for corner unit, you can plant natural barrier with a small non permament gate. I doubt that JMB will stop you.

am not sure if you want a guard dog or pet dog...….

normal people curious about what? how you make baby? how you cook meth inside your house?

I stay at gateless home for 7 yrs. NOT ONCE someone knock on my door before pressing the bell at refuse chamber/mail box pillar.

lets put it tis way, if people have no bad intention, they will do the right thing by announcing their arrival.

if people have bad intention, it doesn't matter if you have gate grilles or wat not.
i think everyone has their opinion or concern, you cant force your 'logic' into others. anyway, i believe a lot will share the same thought as me. i tot you said my reno is 'bragging' but end up...your banglo is the best. notworthy.gif i rest my case....
aaron1717
post Feb 12 2019, 02:39 PM

Chui Shui in Property Manyak Best!
All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(yothim @ Feb 12 2019, 02:34 PM)
i think everyone has their opinion or concern, you cant force your 'logic' into others. anyway, i believe a lot will share the same thought as me. i tot you said my reno is 'bragging' but end up...your banglo is the best.  notworthy.gif i rest my case....
your thinking indeed quite dated... but there is no wrong on that...

but just to let you know most of the latest landed developments are going to be more modernize even on those individual title landed... except those non GnG landed at ulu2 places or developed by small time developers... otherwise... u have similar concerns on all the new landed development be it individual title or strata title by those fancy2 developers... will have limited access (security purposes), sign additional agreement to maintain the uniformity for certain period, gateless concept and etc....
BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 12 2019, 02:41 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

pls distinguish debate and forcing.

this is not a competition. I don't take numbers of who support who 'more'. wheher there are more ppl think like you or less ppl think like me, its just my opinion that your thinking need a 21st century update, much like mobile phone with update version every now and then.

I need to bring out good example bcos you said EVERYONE makes reno. I just telling you even I had have a bungalow, I didn't do reno. I had have link house, I didn't do reno.

not everyone think like you bro/sis. stop 'forcing' everyone that you are the ONLY rite one here.
yothim
post Feb 12 2019, 02:51 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Feb 12 2019, 02:39 PM)
your thinking indeed quite dated... but there is no wrong on that...

but just to let you know most of the latest landed developments are going to be more modernize even on those individual title landed... except those non GnG landed at ulu2 places or developed by small time developers... otherwise... u have similar concerns on all the new landed development be it individual title or strata title by those fancy2 developers... will have limited access (security purposes), sign additional agreement to maintain the uniformity for certain period, gateless concept and etc....
i think just my opinion that i do not like that 'open' concept. i knew it was a trend now but not my piece of meat. i think the house is ok just that i prefer to put a gate and put the awning at the car porch to protect the cars (not extensive reno since the house if fine to me and no intention to reno till becomes a banglo). eventually since this area is shared with the condo and house residence, we would not know who it will be rented to later, probably I saw a lot of this funny funny cases in malaysia.

This post has been edited by yothim: Feb 12 2019, 02:56 PM
yothim
post Feb 12 2019, 03:00 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 12 2019, 02:41 PM)
pls distinguish debate and forcing.

this is not a competition. I don't take numbers of who support who 'more'. wheher there are more ppl think like you or less ppl think like me, its just my opinion that your thinking need a 21st century update, much like mobile phone with update version every now and then.
I need to bring out good example bcos you said EVERYONE makes reno. I just telling you even I had have a bungalow, I didn't do reno. I had have link house, I didn't do reno.
not everyone think like you bro/sis. stop 'forcing' everyone that you are the ONLY rite one here.
lol, debate? i thought a debate would have been more respectful but your example was more of insulting than good example. no offence but aaron1717 sounded more like a debate.

This post has been edited by yothim: Feb 12 2019, 03:01 PM
aaron1717
post Feb 12 2019, 03:17 PM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(yothim @ Feb 12 2019, 02:51 PM)
i think just my opinion that i do not like that 'open' concept. i knew it was a trend now but not my piece of meat. i think the house is ok just that i prefer to put a gate and put the awning at the car porch to protect the cars (not extensive reno since the house if fine to me and no intention to reno till becomes a banglo). eventually since this area is shared with the condo and house residence, we would not know who it will be rented to later, probably I saw a lot of this funny funny cases in malaysia.
think overall... at this price point... for both the condo and landed... unlikely will have alot of pure investors... mostly bought with a mind for own staying.... the rental around this area very depress already... at this price point... its gonna make it worse for the investors type buyers.... and at cheras alam damai... those who bought a unit from this development... should be consider as quality buyer at least... whereas how they going to behave when u moved in will be anyone guess...

i seen my uncle whose staying in setia ecopark with gateless concept.. doesnt feel unsafe and sometimes he din lock his main wooden door also when he is inside the house... and for over 10 years he staying there... no pet issue or peeking issues also... never a moment felt insecure... and he belongs to traditional mindset generation from klang... laugh.gif laugh.gif
BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 12 2019, 04:15 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

For someone that never lived on gateless concept talk negative about gateless concept and claimed i force him to accept this concept.

Your money your choice. If this property tak ngam you, you can stay in caged box for life. Nobody really cares, certainly i dont care.
SUShioniq
post Feb 13 2019, 08:42 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

New year visited friend at eco world, gateless not good for kids. Due to main door unlocked the kids can easily run outside to the road and some cars driving fast in taman. Besides your kids also easier kidnapped as one can easily get out of car and pull your kids, so this is another negative effect of gateless
BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 13 2019, 09:35 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

hioniq

what you said is true IF your taman is those without FnG and GnG. I grouped those with made shift boom gate taman as non FnG.

You need to live in those proper FnG and GnG before you get a clearer pic.

Its like saying NEVER EVER visit Malaysia bcos Malaysia streets are full of robbers and thieves. Once you out from your hotel, you will get robbed of your bag, guarantee.

aaron1717
post Feb 13 2019, 09:44 PM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(hioniq @ Feb 13 2019, 08:42 AM)
New year visited friend at eco world, gateless not good for kids. Due to main door unlocked the kids can easily run outside to the road and some cars driving fast in taman. Besides your kids also easier kidnapped as one can easily get out of car and pull your kids, so this is another negative effect of gateless
alot of kids grown up safely in the gateless environment of setia eco park wor... my cousins are the best example... and in my current F&G taman... alot of kids playing on the road also... so far nothing happen and owners also drive safely... in the end wad im saying is anything will happen be it gateless or with gate... its about your education to the kids and how u handle living in different environment...
BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 14 2019, 09:38 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Feb 13 2019, 09:44 PM)
alot of kids grown up safely in the gateless environment of setia eco park wor... my cousins are the best example... and in my current F&G taman... alot of kids playing on the road also... so far nothing happen and owners also drive safely... in the end wad im saying is anything will happen be it gateless or with gate... its about your education to the kids and how u handle living in different environment...
aaron, u r wasting gas talking to people that never experienced living in gateless community YET they are eminent about all the negativity about gateless community.

Kids lah, dogs lah, husbands lah….all running wild to the neigbours and streets once the gate is removed...….
aaron1717
post Feb 14 2019, 09:42 AM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 14 2019, 09:38 AM)
aaron, u r wasting gas talking to people that never experienced living in gateless community YET they are eminent about all the negativity about gateless community.

Kids lah, dogs lah, husbands lah….all running wild to the neigbours and streets once the gate is removed...….
haha... for me i just kinda like the concept of gateless... feel so ang moh... and for over the years i visit my uncle... i still feel its not as bad we thought to live on a daily basis in this kind of gateless concept with proper F&G or G&G...

but you can't stop ppl from wary about the negative points geh... maybe they have thought of living in such community before just that the con outweigh the pros in their mind...
BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 14 2019, 09:58 AM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(aaron1717 @ Feb 14 2019, 09:42 AM)
haha... for me i just kinda like the concept of gateless... feel so ang moh... and for over the years i visit my uncle... i still feel its not as bad we thought to live on a daily basis in this kind of gateless concept with proper F&G or G&G...

but you can't stop ppl from wary about the negative points geh... maybe they have thought of living in such community before just that the con outweigh the pros in their mind...
trust me, if your taman is good fnG or GnG, the gate really serves little purpose. Its just a false security.

and its not about what ang moh or not ang moh feel.......

i feel that if your taman is GnG/FnG and you are in the link house section, the most annoying thing is people will fight for their outdoor parking space......its not about safe for kids dogs or husbands. this one I really cannot stomach.

and usually there are so many speed humps that when you drive inside fng/gng estate, you legs also cramp jor.

aaron1717
post Feb 14 2019, 10:14 AM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 14 2019, 09:58 AM)
trust me, if your taman is good fnG or GnG, the gate really serves little purpose. Its just a false security.

i feel that if your taman is GnG/FnG and you are in the link house section, the most annoying thing is people will fight for their outdoor parking space......its not about safe for kids dogs or husbands. this one I really cannot stomach.

and usually there are so many speed humps that when you drive inside fng/gng estate, you legs also cramp jor.
yea... some of my neighbor didnt put up grill and change the living room window to resort feel sliding door... damn chillax...

yea and the speed hump... how often u can speed in the taman with those speed humps... even wanna kidnap your kid... the theft car also kena hump til vomit already...

and gateless actually give u more parking space... tandem 4 car parks at least... if most of your cars are axia myvi type... maybe tandem 6.... devil.gif devil.gif
blancpain4470
post Feb 14 2019, 11:31 AM

Regular
1,063 posts

QUOTE(BEANCOUNTER @ Feb 14 2019, 09:58 AM)

Lol. After living many years in regular residential areas in linked and corner units, I finally will move to GnG soon. So looking forward to GnG, grilleless, strata title with limited renovations. I don't understand why some people still stuck with big renovations, prison like gate and grilles, etc mentality

1. No more stupid neighbors blocking your gate. There won't be any gate in the new house 🙂
2. No idiotic neighbors who renovated their house just for the sake of renovation: ugly extension eg. Roman pillars for linked house, green colored exterior in a row is white houses etc
3. No unkept animals (usually dogs). We used to have this inconsiderate neighbor who never trained her dogs and they are smelly and bark whole day!
4. Neighbors that parked like their father owns the public road. Blocking half of the road. When they are not around they put stolen construction cones to block parking area

O
SUShioniq
post Feb 14 2019, 11:41 AM

Getting Started
132 posts

But you also cant install polycarbonate at car porch. My current house has one, it is very convenient during rainy days. Imagine how troublesome to get in/out from car during raining, use umbrella?? Come on, no way
aaron1717
post Feb 14 2019, 11:45 AM

All Stars
10,169 posts

QUOTE(hioniq @ Feb 14 2019, 11:41 AM)
But you also cant install polycarbonate at car porch. My current house has one, it is very convenient during rainy days. Imagine how troublesome to get in/out from car during raining, use umbrella?? Come on, no way
this is just a small con compared to overall concept that you can get from G&G... i now living in a landed and i didnt install polycarbonate... i and my passengers still can come out from my car without kena rain wor... just drive further inside will do... the half car porch roof enough to cover 70% of my car and its no myvi/axia type of cars...
BEANCOUNTER
post Feb 14 2019, 12:31 PM

20k VIP Club
All Stars
20,146 posts

QUOTE(hioniq @ Feb 14 2019, 11:41 AM)
if you need to pick bones, of course everything also got bones inside an egg lah……

if you prefer to live with polycarbonated awning at carporch, and grilled the whole house macam inverted zoo, then its your living lifestyle forced by circumstances.

88 Pages « < 34 35 36 37 38 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0178sec    0.16    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:05 PM