Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

INSURANS MOTOR NAIK, Detariffication my arse! Ptooi...

views

ajaibman
post Aug 10 2017, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
227 posts

Allianz Kepong is General Insurance, unfortunately for motorcycle no 10% discount whatsoever when we renewing direct without agent.

Last May I renewed still can get single rider comprehensive. However they already start asking abt where I lived and parked where, got guard or not, etc2.

Its just at the shop lot next to Aeon Jusco Kepong..

My insurance still above 1k + bike warrior regardless already 5 years the bike age...
warokeropokai
post Aug 11 2017, 12:00 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(Cyphereza @ Aug 8 2017, 03:06 PM)
Mind sharing where you renewed yours? With kedai or did it on your own?
i renewed directly with allianz..you can give them a call and ask for insurance quotation..

1-300-88-1028 or 03-2264-1188
basilisk
post Aug 11 2017, 12:48 PM

30 posts

so y the double standard by alianz??
basilisk
post Aug 29 2017, 08:36 PM

30 posts

Attached Image
pineapplegrenade
post Aug 29 2017, 09:27 PM

9 posts

Better invest in action cam. Just in case they try to screw you over when u really need to claim for accident. A double edge sword too though.
TSZZR-Pilot
post Aug 31 2017, 12:09 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(warokeropokai @ Aug 11 2017, 01:00 PM)
i renewed directly with allianz..you can give them a call and ask for insurance quotation..

1-300-88-1028 or 03-2264-1188
I did that but Allianz halau me back to my stupid agent who kept saying Allianz has banned single rider option.

I even fcuking showed up at their HQ in KL Sentral in person. The b1tch said they couldn't access my record which is with my agent, which is utter horseshit.

At every turn, no matter what I did... Allianz kept redirecting me back to my agent. And that agent kept insisting that I must pay more coz Allianz does not hv single rider anymore starting July.

In the end I gave up & bought 3rd party from Liberty, who signed me up with MMIP because they refuse to insure big bikes for cheap.

Detariffication macam sial.

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: Aug 31 2017, 12:14 PM
SUSlowya
post Jan 4 2018, 04:15 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

so now which are the company that offers 3rd party motorcycle insurance?

basilisk
post Jan 4 2018, 09:47 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Jan 4 2018, 04:15 PM)
so now which are the company that offers 3rd party motorcycle insurance?
P & O got
mtalltheway
post Jan 5 2018, 08:59 AM

0 posts

Kurnia also offer 3rd party
PedangGila
post Jan 5 2018, 02:20 PM

Enthusiast
918 posts

Emm alahai. Aku selamba ja tampal 3rd party. Eksiden boleh claim pun kena standby duit poket dulu kalo tak kene caj gudang. So tu la kawan2 nak undi tu tgk sikit batang idung.
andrewhtf
post Jan 10 2018, 10:38 AM

Regular
1,576 posts

actually big bikes memang high risk pun.

bayar premium seribu setahun, tapi bila crash sekali repair quote masuk ribu2. kalau total loss, puluhan ribu bayar camtu je. rugi weh.

pasal tu depa cas premium mahal2 supaya boleh cover. sama la macam takaful. konsep tolong menolong. motor sihat tolong cover moto sakit. mana la tau nanti giliran moto kita yang sakit perlukan pertolongan motor orang lain pulak....
jimmyteng18
post Jan 10 2018, 01:30 PM

On my way
656 posts

Guys, for bike insurance topic. Need some advise.

Kapcai bike was given to me by my brother in law which registered under his company.

So, it's time to renew insurance. Current insurance has all rider coverage bcos it was meant for his employees to use.
Since I'll be the only one to ride it, do I need to add in all rider coverage?

Thks.
mtalltheway
post Jan 10 2018, 02:23 PM

0 posts

Depend on individual risk appetite. If u feel the premium too high and the bike seldom ride except on weekend & most of the time park at home 3rd party insurance look sensible..but if the bike used Everyday best is get it cover under 1st party
happyshm13
post Jan 10 2018, 04:12 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(mtalltheway @ Jan 10 2018, 02:23 PM)
Depend on individual risk appetite. If u feel the premium too high and the bike seldom ride except on weekend & most of the time park at home 3rd party insurance look sensible..but if the bike used Everyday best is get it cover under 1st party
Hi all, so which insurance company is the best available in the market currently? In terms of price & services.
mtalltheway
post Jan 10 2018, 09:06 PM

0 posts

There are no best available in the market. All insurance are scheme to take your money whether u like it or not. Best is pay the minimum with maximum coverage..walk on that line
andrewhtf
post Jan 11 2018, 10:17 AM

Regular
1,576 posts

QUOTE(jimmyteng18 @ Jan 10 2018, 01:30 PM)
Guys, for bike insurance topic. Need some advise.

Kapcai bike was given to me by my brother in law which registered under his company.

So, it's time to renew insurance. Current insurance has all rider coverage bcos it was meant for his employees to use.
Since I'll be the only one to ride it, do I need to add in all rider coverage?

Thks.
In current market condition, most insurers are reluctant to offer single rider - unless if you're renewing existing policies that is already single rider to begin with, or the agent doing your renewal is a favoured agent that the insurer is willing to accommodate. for every other channels then their stand is all-rider is a must.

although owner can die die insist that they're the only one in the household to ride the bike, there is no guarantee that someone else, whoever he/she might be, wont be riding your bike. imagine if your bike is stolen, and the thief crash your bike. if your bike is recovered and need to repair, insurer wont pay repair claim if you only have single rider coverage (and then some ppl cry insurance cheat people one), but with all-rider then they can cover. that is in situation where sendiri crash without involving anyone else.

IF kena accident with another people, insurer is compelled by law to pay for claim from the other people that you/he/she had accident with. so in other word, they collect less premium with single rider but still have to pay for loss caused by someone not insured to ride your bike. so if u think it is unfair for you, do you think it is fair for the insurer as well?

QUOTE(mtalltheway @ Jan 10 2018, 09:06 PM)
There are no best available in the market. All insurance are scheme to take your money whether u like it or not. Best is pay the minimum with maximum coverage..walk on that line
how much would kapchai insurance cost anyway...?

2 years back when i renew my GT128 punya, the premium difference between 3rd party and 1st party all rider (sum assured 4k) is only just in a few tens of rm. might as well go 1st party all rider, not to be penny wise pound foolish.

QUOTE(happyshm13 @ Jan 10 2018, 04:12 PM)
Hi all, so which insurance company is the best available in the market currently? In terms of price & services.
semua company pun ada ppl complain punya. just go whichever you are convenient with.

pricing wont differ much for now since detariffication is still fresh and insurers are still taking a wait-and-see approach. plus the fact that BNM sudah bagi instruction say cannot deviate more than 10% (tak kira up or down) from last year's tariff rates, so it is unlikely there is any difference these 1-2 years. unless any insurer go gung-ho do extra-ordinary thing, most insurer would rather wait and study the trend dulu before changing anything. that, and not to forget - have to get BNM approval.

This post has been edited by andrewhtf: Jan 11 2018, 10:25 AM
happyshm13
post Jan 11 2018, 12:01 PM

0 posts

QUOTE(andrewhtf @ Jan 11 2018, 10:17 AM)

pricing wont differ much for now since detariffication is still fresh and insurers are still taking a wait-and-see approach. plus the fact that BNM sudah bagi instruction say cannot deviate more than 10% (tak kira up or down) from last year's tariff rates, so it is unlikely there is any difference these 1-2 years. unless any insurer go gung-ho do extra-ordinary thing, most insurer would rather wait and study the trend dulu before changing anything. that, and not to forget - have to get BNM approval.
alrighty thanks for the help guys

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0145sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:32 AM