Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

INSURANS MOTOR NAIK, Detariffication my arse! Ptooi...

views

TSZZR-Pilot
post Jul 27 2017, 06:14 PM, updated 7y ago

Regular
1,049 posts

You all would have heard last time that insurance companies would be de-tariffed. They went to great lengths to hide the obvious fact that it's an attempt for these bloodsucking buggers to charge higher premiums. Kelentong lanjiao macam-macam.

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/busines...urance-players/

I went to renew my insurance today... and sure enough... insurance companies all diam-diam pakat among themselves to force motorcyclists to pay more. How? They banned the cheaper SINGLE RIDER clause, and are now forcing everyone to pay for ALL RIDER.

In my case, that translates to an increase of about RM250 in my comprehensive insurance premium.

That's a 50% increase. FIFTY F*CKING PERCENT.

Even though nobody else in my family can ride a B-full motorycle except me, I'm still forced to pay 50% more as the result of this de-tariffication con job.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

JANGAN PERCAYA KELENTONG DERANG. SEMUANYA MAU KASI BARANG NAIK.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TSZZR-Pilot
post Jul 28 2017, 08:05 AM

Regular
1,049 posts

Buat-buat bodo la... bila sampai masa korang nak renew insurans motor esok, baru korang tau.

Ni insurans Third Party pun dah diharamkan, sbb murah. Wajib bayar lebih utk beli Third Party + Fire & Theft.

Macam sial.

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: Jul 28 2017, 08:09 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Cyphereza
post Jul 28 2017, 08:40 AM

Jedi Cat™
Group Icon
2,311 posts

So, what can we actually do regarding this? In the mean time, let's just hope they stick to their fickle minded SOP (like they did with PUSPAKOM inspection on old cars) sad.gif

This post has been edited by Cyphereza: Jul 28 2017, 08:40 AM
Justin.Loong
post Jul 28 2017, 08:57 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,266 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jul 28 2017, 08:05 AM)
Buat-buat bodo la... bila sampai masa korang nak renew insurans motor esok, baru korang tau.

Ni insurans Third Party pun dah diharamkan, sbb murah. Wajib bayar lebih utk beli Third Party + Fire & Theft.

Macam sial.
+1
moneyflies.gif doh.gif cry.gif
amar_arifin
post Jul 28 2017, 09:21 AM

Getting Started
68 posts

dank laa...fuel up..toll up..
rakyat bawak motor pon kna charge insurance tggi..

aisshhh...bila BN nak tumbang ni..
TSZZR-Pilot
post Jul 28 2017, 09:56 AM

Regular
1,049 posts

Bulan lepas menteri dok backing insurans, cakap selepas detariffication syarikat insurans akan bebas utk lebih kompetitif.

Premium akan dikira berdasarkan risiko individu pemandu. Maka, ada yg mungkin lebih rendah.

KONON..!!

Rupa2nya depa diam2 pakat mansuhkan insurans murah.

Haramjadah naik hanginnn satu badan!!

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: Jul 28 2017, 09:57 AM
basilisk
post Jul 28 2017, 10:11 AM

30 posts

kapchai 3rd party got any affected? p&o anyone renew recently?
TSZZR-Pilot
post Jul 28 2017, 12:10 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

Lanjiao la 'risk-based' konon.

When I'm the only one in the family who can ride a B-class bike and you force me to pay 50% more by forcing all-rider coverage loading on me, what risk are you talking about?

Hamkarchan...!! Asyik menipu temberang saja derang ni.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liberalisation of comprehensive motor insurance will benefit consumers, says domestic trade minister

5 July 2017 12:32 pm

The liberalisation of motor comprehensive insurance, which kicked off on July 1, will see motorists now having to pay for their vehicle insurance premiums no longer on a fixed rate basis, but on a risk-based assessment system.

Still, vehicle owners should not be unduly worried about detariffication as the new method is set to benefit consumers more, according to domestic trade, co-operatives and consumerism (KPDNKK) minister Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainuddin.

Consumers will have more options in getting the insurance that meets their needs at better prices, and good drivers or those with who have no records of accident claims stand to benefit. “The new method allows the insurance company to impose premium charge on vehicles with risk of being involved in accident,” he was quoted in a Bernama report.

Hamzah also said with liberalisation, the government no longer controlled the rates of motor insurance premiums. “The system is set by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) with insurance companies, and the announcement should be well-received by consumers as it benefits them,” he said.

In the new model, the insurance premium charge will be calculated based on the sum insured and model of the vehicle, but will also take into account risk factors, including previous claim for damages.

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: Jul 28 2017, 12:15 PM
g3n0c1d3
post Jul 28 2017, 12:32 PM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,493 posts

i renew my roadtax insurance last month. still single rider and its from allianz insurance.

i did hear about the insurance increase but i never thought they scrap the single rider ones. Just like OP, only i ride the bike. not even my friend wants to ride my bike or my family even lol.
basilisk
post Jul 28 2017, 01:46 PM

30 posts

the scrap single rider is implemented way before 1st july for comp insurance. cos my bro renew harley few months ago told me, no more single rider....
TSZZR-Pilot
post Jul 28 2017, 02:40 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 28 2017, 02:46 PM)
the scrap single rider is implemented way before 1st july for comp insurance. cos my bro renew harley few months ago told me, no more single rider....
Nope. My comprehensive insurance cover had always been on a single rider basis. Zero loading. Every year bro.

My office colleague renewed his comp insurance for his Tracer in June with Allianz, still got single rider. Genocide above also got single rider from Allianz recently.

This week Allianz suddenly tell me no more cheap single rider.

My ins agent told me, mana2 pun sama... semua ins companies sudah pakat remove cheap single rider after July.

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: Jul 28 2017, 02:46 PM
basilisk
post Jul 28 2017, 03:01 PM

30 posts

renewed this may, oredi no more single rider... not alianz tho...
TSZZR-Pilot
post Jul 28 2017, 03:25 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jul 28 2017, 04:01 PM)
renewed this may, oredi no more single rider... not alianz tho...
This is a problem with the insurance industry. With only a handful of players, it is nothing but an oligopoly.

Once you de-regulate or liberalize an oligopoly, they won't compete with one another because there are so few of them anyway and they all know each other.

Instead they will collude and pakat among themselves to f*ck us over.
haturaya
post Jul 28 2017, 08:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jul 28 2017, 03:25 PM)
This is a problem with the insurance industry. With only a handful of players, it is nothing but an oligopoly.

Once you de-regulate or liberalize an oligopoly, they won't compete with one another because there are so few of them anyway and they all know each other.

Instead they will collude and pakat among themselves to f*ck us over.
As usual, the people pays... dearly of course whistling.gif vmad.gif
basilisk
post Aug 4 2017, 12:39 PM

30 posts

saw this post in vulcan group...

Attached Image
amar_arifin
post Aug 7 2017, 12:18 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

seller said xnaik..mana betol nie??
warokeropokai
post Aug 8 2017, 02:06 PM

2 posts

Just renewed my bike insurance last week..still can use Single Rider..

and for sure no price hike, still the same if not cheaper after the liberiaization..

Insurance : Allianz
Type : Comprehensive (single rider)+bike warrior
bike : kawasaki z800

There must be a reason why you cannot renew to Single Rider, have you confirmed with your insurance provider?
Cyphereza
post Aug 8 2017, 03:06 PM

Jedi Cat™
Group Icon
2,311 posts

QUOTE(warokeropokai @ Aug 8 2017, 02:06 PM)

and for sure no price hike, still the same if not cheaper after the liberiaization..

There must be a reason why you cannot renew to Single Rider, have you confirmed with your insurance provider?
Mind sharing where you renewed yours? With kedai or did it on your own?
haturaya
post Aug 8 2017, 09:05 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

QUOTE(warokeropokai @ Aug 8 2017, 02:06 PM)

How much and where did you get it?
TSZZR-Pilot
post Aug 9 2017, 05:28 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(warokeropokai @ Aug 8 2017, 03:06 PM)

Previously I bought Alliance comprehensive insurance from an agent. He called me in May warning me that after this liberalization bullshit, I will be forced to pay more.

I did nothing. Wait and see lor. Liberalization went into effect July 1st.

So a week before my insurance expired, the bugger texted me and quoted the price for renewal (comprehensive). That's the pic above. The price is 50% more than before. Why? Cannot do single rider anymore, must pay max loading for all rider.

I told him straight off, "PENIPU PUNYA INSURANS."

So I hauled ass directly to Allianz office in Sentral to buy insurance directly from them, thinking it might be cheaper if I bypass the middleman agent.

They *REFUSED* to entertain me, citing some fuckwit excuse like 'unable to access my file because previously I bought my insurance via my agent'. Utter horseshit. Puk*mak punya Allianz.

Next I tried their online insurance application thing. Guess what these Allianz fuckers did? They got my previous agent to call me back. Pi mai pi mai, tang tu jugak!

And this agent of mine die-die insist single rider yilekkk. Siap berlakon want to argue my case to Allianz... konon.... customers come first... konon!

Ended up dia buat tatau je. Haven't heard heard from him since.

So last week, aku dah fed-up gilababi... I walked to P&O (now Liberty) in Sultan Ismail and bought 3rd Party insurance... itu pun kena paksa ambil insurance from MMIP (Msian Motor Insurance Pool) sbb Liberty mati-mati xmo insure motor >500cc... so kena bantai loading 100%... but I don't care lah coz the total came up to RM230 jer.

Campur roadtax setahun, total under RM500. Berjaya save akhirnya.

Pengalaman mcm palatttt.... insurance liberalization kepala hotak abah dia la, nak beli insurans pun mcm lanjiao punya siksa...

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: Aug 9 2017, 05:41 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0147sec    0.39    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:29 PM