Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> -= MyForte - Naza Kia Forte Owners Club =- V22, Leaves You Speechless

views

Luffy1234
post May 3 2019, 11:27 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(craxors @ May 3 2019, 08:26 AM)
if possible and money allow u too... pls consider forte 2.0 6speed version.  smile.gif
hows the mazda fuel consumption for each full tank, how many km can go?  hmm.gif
Yeah I think the 2.0 is bit much for me 😅

But why? Any specific reasons you'd pick the 2.0 over the 1.6?
craxors
post May 3 2019, 02:26 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Luffy1234 @ May 3 2019, 11:27 AM)
Yeah I think the 2.0 is bit much for me 😅

But why? Any specific reasons you'd pick the 2.0 over the 1.6?
main reason; those 6 airbags. laugh.gif
rompers
post May 3 2019, 02:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Luffy1234 @ May 2 2019, 11:06 PM)
Hmm so true. But I read that the parts from Kia some times take a while to arrive. Is that true based on your experience?
Truthfully, I've not encountered any instances where I was unable to procure the required replacement parts for my Forte (but then again, I may not have replaced any unique/uncommon parts other than the usual wear and tear items).

Perhaps it might be wise for you to find out in detail the specific part(s) which was claimed as "hard to get" or "takes a while to arrive", so as to have a better understanding of the reason behind such instances.
claudetan
post May 7 2019, 07:33 AM

Casual

recently my driver side power windows response little bit slow, when i press windows down, it took 1 sec or 2 sec delay to put the windows down, same case for auto down (pull the switch with 2 clicks), and also, when want to roll the windows up, it took 1 or 2 sec after i press the switch then the windows only rolled up. Only happened on driver side, maybe always using it cause wear and tear.

any recommendation for shop to fix it around KL?
Luffy1234
post May 12 2019, 08:21 PM

Casual

QUOTE(rompers @ May 3 2019, 02:41 PM)
Truthfully, I've not encountered any instances where I was unable to procure the required replacement parts for my Forte (but then again, I may not have replaced any unique/uncommon parts other than the usual wear and tear items).

Perhaps it might be wise for you to find out in detail the specific part(s) which was claimed as "hard to get" or "takes a while to arrive", so as to have a better understanding of the reason behind such instances.
I cant specifically mention which parts, because that's just me going through the forums and stuff. Some said that some parts take longer to get or a bit more expensive than usual 😅

Which place do you usually go then?
rompers
post May 13 2019, 02:08 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Luffy1234 @ May 12 2019, 08:21 PM)
I cant specifically mention which parts, because that's just me going through the forums and stuff. Some said that some parts take longer to get or a bit more expensive than usual 😅

Which place do you usually go then?
Either Express Mobis or KIA Power Auto Parts (KPAP).
Both located @ Segambut area.
and.inc
post May 13 2019, 02:44 AM

Casual

QUOTE(craxors @ Aug 4 2017, 12:06 PM)
waiting for 1.6 owner to reply.

laugh.gif
My honesty...... This car is 'King' on the Highway 😄
naminakata87
post May 14 2019, 07:49 AM

On my way

QUOTE(Qale @ Aug 4 2017, 11:46 AM)
Hi guys / otais,

I am planning to get Kia Forte for weekend and long distance travel / balik kampung (kuantan, terengganu).
The 1.6 version, is it really underpowered?
I read from a few site people are saying the 1.6 is underpowered for the body.
And lastly, any common issue about the car?
no underpower, oklah still driveable, suitable for long distance kereta solid sedap bila high speed.

This post has been edited by naminakata87: May 14 2019, 07:50 AM
grim.fandango
post May 16 2019, 11:35 AM

Getting Started

boys, been eyeing 2011 6spd 2.0 forte. aside from the usual checklist (paint, engine, weld mark), anything particular with forte that i need to keep an eye/nose/finger on while shopping and test drive?
craxors
post May 16 2019, 12:36 PM

Regular

QUOTE(grim.fandango @ May 16 2019, 11:35 AM)
boys, been eyeing 2011 6spd 2.0 forte. aside from the usual checklist (paint, engine, weld mark), anything particular with forte that i need to keep an eye/nose/finger on while shopping and test drive?
- check the coupling issue; pusing the steering all the way right and left; make sure no clak sound.
- alternator pulley; turn on aircon, press minyak below 1krpm++; if with or w/o aircon same senyap then ok.
- side mirror folding; try fold the side mirror 100 time laugh.gif (using the button of cos)... see got sound krreekk (folding gear loose) or not....

what else ya...... hmm.gif

*guys.. pls do correct me if i'm wrong... laugh.gif
Lanchio
post May 16 2019, 01:01 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(craxors @ May 16 2019, 12:36 PM)
- check the coupling issue; pusing the steering all the way right and left; make sure no clak sound.
- alternator pulley; turn on aircon, press minyak below 1krpm++; if with or w/o aircon same senyap then ok.
- side mirror folding; try fold the side mirror 100 time  laugh.gif (using the button of cos)... see got sound krreekk (folding gear loose) or not.... 

what else ya......  hmm.gif

*guys.. pls do correct me if i'm wrong...  laugh.gif
Items # 1&2 above can be replaced if necessary, not too expensive.
Item #3 is the tough one, need to find someone who has experience and the replacement gear.

If car been serviced according to schedule, nothing much to worry about engine wise.

- engine mounting
- suspension bushings & stabilizer link
- Aircon (even if cold, best to do full service of changing gas, replace oil & clean cooling coil)
- service starter & alternator (wear and tear already)
- suggest also replace ATF, coolant, brake fluid when you do your first service. (ATF use Kia/Hyundai original SP-IV for 6 speed gearbox)
- replace radiator cap
omanjedi
post May 16 2019, 04:10 PM

Group: Newbie

dear fortezian. my apology for asking.
1. is the 2012 1.6sx engine using timing belt or chain?
2. Is there any belting needed to be replaced as my wife's car mileage has exceed 120k km

thank you again
rompers
post May 17 2019, 12:52 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(omanjedi @ May 16 2019, 04:10 PM)
dear fortezian. my apology for asking.
1. is the 2012 1.6sx engine using timing belt or chain? Timing chain across the entire Forte range.
2. Is there any belting needed to be replaced as my wife's car mileage has exceed 120k km. V-Belt a.k.a. Serpentine Belt a.k.a. V-Ribbed Belt. This is the belt that drives all the pulleys, giving power to the Altenator, AC Compressor, etc.

thank you again
naminakata87
post Yesterday, 09:36 AM

On my way

Looking for kia forte front bumper

57 Pages « < 55 56 57Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0836sec    2.30    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th May 2019 - 08:33 PM