Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Illegear LAGUNA Review, A photographer/student's opinion

views

Tachikoma
post Jul 24 2017, 11:18 AM

Dot
2,863 posts

So... no G-SYNC and no Optimus? Is there a way to reactivate Optimus? or at least switch to integrated graphics in bios when I need the battery life more than I need power?

The specs are attractive at the price, but the permanent "gaming look" lights and shit battery life are major issues.

Also, why bother with GSYNC and 1080p screens anyway? The 1060 will run most games at 60fps all the time.

This post has been edited by Tachikoma: Jul 24 2017, 11:25 AM
Tachikoma
post Jul 25 2017, 02:06 AM

Dot
2,863 posts

G-sync actually will not benefit from high fps that can be achieved ingame (especially for high end gpu like gtx1060& above) ).

I'm sorry, but how is this different from how I understand g-sync again? My point was that the 1060 GPU was already enough to max out the 1080p screen all the time.

Just because a gaming laptop is not meant to have good battery life doesn't mean it has to go out of its way to cripple itself. An 87 WHr battery should have been enough to keep a laptop going for 6+ hours under normal usage.

Also, if you need to leave a computer on all night to do something (downloads, whatever), do you want a bright "gaming" LED that can't be turned off?

My annoyance at this laptop isn't because I dislike it. The specs are so promising, but it just has to have these annoying drawbacks.

This post has been edited by Tachikoma: Jul 25 2017, 02:17 AM
Tachikoma
post Jul 25 2017, 06:00 PM

Dot
2,863 posts

I definitely fall in the "already live with it and don't care" camp for high FPS screen tearing. To me, it falls in the category of things that "you didn't know you needed until a big company said so".

Low FPS g-sync for getting rid of screen stutter, that I can understand.

In any case, I hope the Illegear people are reading this thread for feedback. Having massive battery life can be a huge differentiator in the gaming laptop market, and only Alienware seems to have decent battery life in their gaming laptops.

This post has been edited by Tachikoma: Jul 25 2017, 06:02 PM
Tachikoma
post Jul 26 2017, 12:13 AM

Dot
2,863 posts

Nevermind optimus, can we at least switch to integrated graphics in BIOS?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0182sec    0.42    7 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:17 AM