Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Big Plans for Public Transport, in Malaysia

views

TSPappyBoyington
post Jul 18 2017, 08:37 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
159 posts

MRT and public transportation update

(copied from MukaBuku Dr. G Balamurugan)

Like the many of you, I am very pleased with the operation of the Sg. Buloh Kajang (SBK) KVMRT Line. You see, I worked on the project as early as 2010, even before MRT Corp was established. I still remember the many people who protested against the project, the multiple naysayers, the haters, the porcupines, etc. Of course there were also many supporters. It is always satisfying to see a project that you worked on coming to fruition.

1. The Sg. Buloh Kajang KVMRT Line (Line 1) is only one public transportation project. There are many more in the pipeline.

2. The KVMRT Sg. Buloh - Serdang - Putrajaya (52 km, 36 stations) (Line 2) is now being constructed. It will be operational in 2022. It will be of great service to people in the Serdang - Putrajaya area and the city centre besides providing much needed interchange stations - with the SBK Line as well as the LRT and KTM Komuter.

3. The KVMRT Circle Line (Line 3) is at the planning stage. This line will provided the much needed inter-line connectivity and will be mostly underground. It is expected to be operational in 2027.

4. I understand the KVMRT will not stop at Line 3. Expect more lines.

5. The construction of the LRT3 from Bandar Utama to Kelang is expected to start this year. This line is about 36km long and will have 25 stations. It will serve Petaling Jaya, Shah Alam and Kelang. It is expected to be operational by 2021.

6. The KL - Singapore High Speed Rail will run at 300 km/hr, will have 7 stations and can take you from KL to SIngapore in 90 minutes. It is expected to be operational in 2026 (why so slow... because the SIngaporeans are slow lah... if it was entirely within Malaysia, it would be completed faster smile.gif Too much protocols.

7. The East Coast Rail Link Phase 1 from Wakaf Bahru to Gombak will be about 600 km and will have 23 stations - catering for passengers and freight. This is a real game changer for the East Coast - serving many cities in Kelantan, Terengganu and Pahang. Construction is expected this year and will be completed by 2024.

8. The East Coast Rail Link Phase 2 from Gombak to Port Klang is currently at the planning stage. It will go from Gombak to Serendah and thereon to Port Klang. It will play a major role in transporting freight efficiently and avoiding congestion at KL Sentral (at the moment, all freight from north or south must go through KL Sentral before going to Port Klang - causing substantial congestion at the central station). (keretapi pun ada traffik jam)

9. The KTM Komuter Line from Subang Jaya to Subang Airport (8 km) is nearing completion. This is provide a public transport alternative to Subang Airport which is being positioned as a regional aviation centre.

10. The KL – Kelang Bus Rapid Transit which is expected to roughly follow the Federal Highway is currently at the planning stage.

11. Some of the recently completed public transportation projects including the extension of the LRT Kelana Jaya and Ampang line, expansion and upgrading of the KTM Komuter lines and the Sunway Bus Rapid Transit. There may be other projects – you go and look for the info yourself.

12. The government, I believe, is also looking seriously into public transportation in other cities - particularly Johor Bahru, Georgetown, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu which are experiencing serious traffic congestion. The Penang State government is currently at the planning stages of the Bayan Lepas LRT.

Just to let you know that I have been working on most of the above projects. BTW, all the above info is publicly available - if you care to search.

I like public transportation because, like education, it is a great equaliser. It enables people from all walks of life to be more productive, compete more fairly and gives them better access to economic opportunities. Without effective public transportation, the poor often end up wasting a lot of their time waiting for the never-arriving buses, get stuck in horrendous congestion or waste a large part of their income paying for transportation.

With efficient public transportation, the poor, the middle class, the millionaire next door, you and I can all reach a destination in the same time. Good public transportation evens out part of the playing field. It vastly improves the quality of life of a large part of the population. Good public transportation allows people to spend more time with their families and friends instead of being stuck in traffic. Good public transportation allows people to be more productive.

#jomnaikMRT
#publictransportation
#Kajangmove
#savetheporcupines

Kampung2005

This post has been edited by PappyBoyington: Jul 18 2017, 08:38 PM
Noyoudontcare
post Jul 18 2017, 08:50 PM

Getting Started
252 posts

there are also

~ cyberjaya tram
~ Putrajaya monorail
~ downtown KL tram
~ gemas jb edtp

SUSIdiuU
post Jul 18 2017, 08:52 PM

Casual
346 posts

Big Plans for Public Transport, in Malaysia ?
More like Big Plans for Public Transport, in KL/Selangor only
SUSAllnGap
post Jul 18 2017, 08:53 PM

[ Modding with Passion(tm) ]
4,561 posts

nobody complain about the project.

we complain about the price tag only.
TSPappyBoyington
post Jul 18 2017, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Jul 18 2017, 08:53 PM)

Ya lor, RM300 million paid for studies for tunnel that's not even completed. Then a 100k paid up capital company being awarded a 6.3B project.

Mana la tak panas hati...
Kaerna
post Jul 18 2017, 08:56 PM

Casual
325 posts

QUOTE(PappyBoyington @ Jul 18 2017, 08:37 PM)

With efficient public transportation, the poor, the middle class, the millionaire next door, you and I can all reach a destination in the same time.

These are the qualities needed really. Plus reliability of course.

Everything is looking good so far...just need to just middle finger those old bus company and have rapid takeover with better timing and reliability. This will make outer KL area more accessible and perhaps give a middle finger to a lot of property developer and speculators.
SUSAllnGap
post Jul 18 2017, 09:14 PM

4,561 posts

QUOTE(PappyBoyington @ Jul 18 2017, 08:55 PM)
Ya lor, RM300 million paid for studies for tunnel that's not even completed. Then a 100k paid up capital company being awarded a 6.3B project.

Mana la tak panas hati...
great example, please complain to MACC regarding high price of our MRT too.
dont stop at LGE
TSPappyBoyington
post Jul 18 2017, 09:18 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Jul 18 2017, 09:14 PM)
dont stop at LGE
You go ahead please. I think ramai orang sudah file MACC report on LGE, with HARD EVIDENCE.

Do you have any evidence, other than your personal opinion and prejudices? laugh.gif
wokies
post Jul 18 2017, 09:19 PM

Getting Started
298 posts

waiting for The East Coast Rail Link Phase 1..now im curious about existing ktm line..so will be 2 rail transport to kelantan?
SUSAllnGap
post Jul 18 2017, 09:21 PM

4,561 posts

QUOTE(PappyBoyington @ Jul 18 2017, 09:18 PM)
You go ahead please. I think ramai orang sudah file MACC report on LGE, with HARD EVIDENCE.

Do you have any evidence, other than your personal opinion and prejudices? laugh.gif
eh no la.....whatever BN build is at least 3x normal standard price wan.
TSPappyBoyington
post Jul 18 2017, 09:22 PM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Jul 18 2017, 09:21 PM)
eh no la.....whatever BN build is at least 3x normal standard price wan.
Then kalau ada telor, pergi la buat report. laugh.gif
guysmiley
post Jul 18 2017, 11:44 PM

Casual
308 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Jul 18 2017, 08:53 PM)

Dats juat the usual umno way to misdirect the general public to scare them of the oppositions
vanpersie91
post Jul 18 2017, 11:53 PM

Regular-ly posting shits and stuffs
1,478 posts

whatever it is I just hope existing KTM railway and services get bumped up and improved as well
syazwan
post Jul 18 2017, 11:53 PM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Jul 18 2017, 09:14 PM)
dont stop at LGE
Sorry but i gotta laugh ur farni tiny effort.

Plotekkk ?
SUSLumiaaa
post Jul 18 2017, 11:59 PM

Getting Started
172 posts

BN should find Penang MRT regardless

SUSAllnGap
post Jul 19 2017, 12:00 AM

4,561 posts

QUOTE(syazwan @ Jul 18 2017, 11:53 PM)
Sorry but i gotta laugh ur farni tiny effort.
Plotekkk ?
whatever it is. who pays for it directly/indirectly ?
it's still Malaysians
syazwan
post Jul 19 2017, 12:07 AM

Casual
446 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Jul 19 2017, 12:00 AM)
whatever it is. who pays for it directly/indirectly ?
it's still Malaysians
And stop deflecting lge bn bla2 if both mcm pundek!!

Cakap kat dia semua xboleh...wtf
seanlam
post Jul 19 2017, 01:54 AM

Casual
487 posts

QUOTE(PappyBoyington @ Jul 18 2017, 08:37 PM)
MRT and public transportation update

(copied from MukaBuku Dr. G Balamurugan)

Like the many of you, I am very pleased with the operation of the Sg. Buloh Kajang (SBK) KVMRT Line. You see, I worked on the project as early as 2010, even before MRT Corp was established. I still remember the many people who protested against the project, the multiple naysayers, the haters, the porcupines, etc. Of course there were also many supporters. It is always satisfying to see a project that you worked on coming to fruition.

1. The Sg. Buloh Kajang KVMRT Line (Line 1) is only one public transportation project. There are many more in the pipeline.

2. The KVMRT Sg. Buloh - Serdang - Putrajaya (52 km, 36 stations) (Line 2) is now being constructed. It will be operational in 2022. It will be of great service to people in the Serdang - Putrajaya area and the city centre besides providing much needed interchange stations - with the SBK Line as well as the LRT and KTM Komuter.

3. The KVMRT Circle Line (Line 3) is at the planning stage. This line will provided the much needed inter-line connectivity and will be mostly underground. It is expected to be operational in 2027.

4. I understand the KVMRT will not stop at Line 3. Expect more lines.

5. The construction of the LRT3 from Bandar Utama to Kelang is expected to start this year. This line is about 36km long and will have 25 stations. It will serve Petaling Jaya, Shah Alam and Kelang. It is expected to be operational by 2021.

6. The KL - Singapore High Speed Rail will run at 300 km/hr, will have 7 stations and can take you from KL to SIngapore in 90 minutes. It is expected to be operational in 2026 (why so slow... because the SIngaporeans are slow lah... if it was entirely within Malaysia, it would be completed faster smile.gif Too much protocols.

7. The East Coast Rail Link Phase 1 from Wakaf Bahru to Gombak will be about 600 km and will have 23 stations - catering for passengers and freight. This is a real game changer for the East Coast - serving many cities in Kelantan, Terengganu and Pahang. Construction is expected this year and will be completed by 2024.

8. The East Coast Rail Link Phase 2 from Gombak to Port Klang is currently at the planning stage. It will go from Gombak to Serendah and thereon to Port Klang. It will play a major role in transporting freight efficiently and avoiding congestion at KL Sentral (at the moment, all freight from north or south must go through KL Sentral before going to Port Klang - causing substantial congestion at the central station). (keretapi pun ada traffik jam)

9. The KTM Komuter Line from Subang Jaya to Subang Airport (8 km) is nearing completion. This is provide a public transport alternative to Subang Airport which is being positioned as a regional aviation centre.

10. The KL – Kelang Bus Rapid Transit which is expected to roughly follow the Federal Highway is currently at the planning stage.

11. Some of the recently completed public transportation projects including the extension of the LRT Kelana Jaya and Ampang line, expansion and upgrading of the KTM Komuter lines and the Sunway Bus Rapid Transit. There may be other projects – you go and look for the info yourself.

12. The government, I believe, is also looking seriously into public transportation in other cities - particularly Johor Bahru, Georgetown, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu which are experiencing serious traffic congestion. The Penang State government is currently at the planning stages of the Bayan Lepas LRT.

Just to let you know that I have been working on most of the above projects. BTW, all the above info is publicly available - if you care to search.

I like public transportation because, like education, it is a great equaliser. It enables people from all walks of life to be more productive, compete more fairly and gives them better access to economic opportunities. Without effective public transportation, the poor often end up wasting a lot of their time waiting for the never-arriving buses, get stuck in horrendous congestion or waste a large part of their income paying for transportation.

With efficient public transportation, the poor, the middle class, the millionaire next door, you and I can all reach a destination in the same time. Good public transportation evens out part of the playing field. It vastly improves the quality of life of a large part of the population. Good public transportation allows people to spend more time with their families and friends instead of being stuck in traffic. Good public transportation allows people to be more productive.

#jomnaikMRT
#publictransportation
#Kajangmove
#savetheporcupines

Kampung2005
Intresting! Keep on sharing ur experience~

Transportation is like a heart, transport oxygen as well nutrients to all over the body. A clogged bloodstream, will caused problem to the other part of body. Traffic congestion caused externalities as well economic loses.... would like to see transport and city planner to integrate green technology within transportstion system.....othrwise, after few decades, recalled back what have we achieve....only kerangka besi karat burukk
SUSAllnGap
post Jul 19 2017, 06:02 AM

4,561 posts

QUOTE(syazwan @ Jul 19 2017, 12:07 AM)
And stop deflecting lge bn bla2 if both mcm pundek!!

Cakap kat dia semua xboleh...wtf
i'm not deflecting.
i'm saying like that because TS is a paid BN cybertrooper.
telling him that u dont stop complaining at LGE alone, whatever bad shit also must report to MACC
TSPappyBoyington
post Jul 19 2017, 06:49 AM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(AllnGap @ Jul 19 2017, 06:02 AM)
i'm not deflecting.
i'm saying like that because TS is a paid BN cybertrooper.
telling him that u dont stop complaining at LGE alone, whatever bad shit also must report to MACC
Please provide proof that I am a paid cybertrooper. Or is this your prejudice again? laugh.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » 
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0167sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:03 PM