Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

LYN Scuba Divers Club v8.0, Feed the addiction

views

kezsz
post Feb 13 2024, 10:51 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

Any one knows of a good dive centre in Raja Ampat? Planning a trip there soon, thanks in advance!
XtraSpicy
post Feb 15 2024, 05:40 PM

22 posts

QUOTE(kezsz @ Feb 13 2024, 10:51 AM)
Any one knows of a good dive centre in Raja Ampat? Planning a trip there soon, thanks in advance!
I personally havent been to Raja Ampat, its always a dream destination, but from my previous research it depends on which part of Raja Ampat you want to dive and how much you want to spend for example liveaboard vs on-land, central vs southern, resort vs homestay, the famous ones are: Papex, Misool Eco, raja ampat biodiversity resort, sorido bay resort (doesnt dive on Sunday last I read), etc...

on the expenses of look like I am trying to promote other forum, you can also have a look at scubaboard indonesia, someone wrote a review of diving in Raja Ampat with different operators for like 10 week..

Good Luck, hope you had fun!
kezsz
post Feb 17 2024, 01:46 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(XtraSpicy @ Feb 15 2024, 05:40 PM)
I personally havent been to Raja Ampat, its always a dream destination, but from my previous research it depends on which part of Raja Ampat you want to dive and how much you want to spend for example liveaboard vs on-land, central vs southern, resort vs homestay, the famous ones are: Papex, Misool Eco, raja ampat biodiversity resort, sorido bay resort (doesnt dive on Sunday last I read), etc...

on the expenses of look like I am trying to promote other forum, you can also have a look at scubaboard indonesia, someone wrote a review of diving in Raja Ampat with different operators for like 10 week..

Good Luck, hope you had fun!
Thanks thanks... Will go and check it out
munkeyflo
post Feb 19 2024, 05:13 PM

Blooop bloop bloop
Group Icon
Staff
2,754 posts

QUOTE(kezsz @ Feb 13 2024, 10:51 AM)
Look for some dive groups that organise trips overseas. Depending on their customer base, they may have trips to R4 that may suit your travel dates/budget.

If not, then I guess google will be your best friend. Most people who dive in R4 go for LOBs cause that's the easiest to move around dive sites. You could also wait till MIDE in June to see if there'll be any booths promoting R4.

I did land based and was staying at Waiwo Dive Resort, but the only reason was because my friend was organising it, price was right for me and hence the opportunity to tag along. Dive sites were far away and the boats were not that fast, so it took at least 2 hours to get to most dive sites on a small speed boat. But this was also almost 10 years ago, so things may have changed now. Would definitely go for LOB experience next trip.

R4 is a must dive for every diver, have fun!
kezsz
post Mar 19 2024, 05:24 PM

Getting Started
110 posts

Advertising on behalf... See if anyone keen to take up
Tenggol Coral Beach 4D3N
2pax to let go, originals RM1562 for each pax.
Now RM1400 each pax.
Upgraded chalet
Number of dives : 7 dives
Date : up to end of April

Packages included accommodation, meals, 2 way boat transfer & boat dives/snorkeling trips.

If interested please Contact Serene 0102487261
Icehart
post Apr 28 2024, 11:08 PM

All Stars
14,405 posts

Does anyone here know if purchase of scuba gears or equipment can claim sports relief in income tax?
ExCrIpT
post Apr 29 2024, 07:56 PM

Regular
1,665 posts

Just came back from Koh lipe and had my aow and fun dives done there. had a blast there esepcially stonehedge dive site.
they allowed me to use the dive com watch thingie and it looks really interesting. am thinking of getting suunto zoop watch as a starter watch but its so bulky.

am wondering how's the dive sites comparing koh tao, koh samui and koh lipe. will it be any better if i dive in koh tao / koh samui.

if you were to rank which location is better how much you rank it? ranking all the dive location in thailand only.
1. Koh lipe.
2. Krabi
3. Koh samui
4. Koh tao
5. phuket

This post has been edited by ExCrIpT: Apr 29 2024, 07:58 PM
Felice821
post May 29 2024, 05:59 PM

Enthusiast
974 posts

Any recommendation BCD for not so advance diver? Probably about 50 dives only.
blackwhitechipsKL
post Jun 4 2024, 11:26 AM

Casual
328 posts

QUOTE(Felice821 @ May 29 2024, 05:59 PM)
Any recommendation BCD for not so advance diver? Probably about 50 dives only.
dive more and try/pinjam other people BCD to use first before investing in one. Also, are you more into back inflated or jacket style? why you wanna buy a BCD in the first place?
stryfox
post Jun 8 2024, 05:16 PM

Casual
340 posts

MIDE at MITEC....very quiet this year
KenDiriwan
post Jun 11 2024, 05:32 PM

2,258 posts

Any feedback on BestDive wetsuit ? Looking for top piece hehe
kezsz
post Jun 12 2024, 07:57 AM

Getting Started
110 posts

QUOTE(stryfox @ Jun 8 2024, 05:16 PM)
MIDE at MITEC....very quiet this year
I literally took 15 min in mide... Wasted my time, literally same thing U see... They was much better in pwtc but now it's just a waste of time

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0173sec    2.44    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th June 2024 - 04:10 PM